Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 02-19-2012, 10:40 AM   #221
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,894 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominique View Post
Emotionally only! It [the link] was sent to me via twitter along with an ad for tubo tax. The book will be out soon so us seasoned riders can give it to our newbie friends who are going to convert to bicycle commutes.

I expect there will be quite a bit more as gasoline inches up to $5 a gallon.

I thought I'd share the trailer.
Yes, I saw where it said it is coming out in Spring, 2012. I tucked that into the back of my head as something to look for in a month or two. Thanks.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:19 AM   #222
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

In case anyone missed it, Contador was stripped of his titles. Retroactive two year ban ends in August, 2012, so obviously he will not be riding in the Tour this year.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireSto...etire-15531558

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/s...w/11945235.cms

Old 02-19-2012, 01:34 PM   #223
SnackTime

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
UNattainable

2 Highscores

Thanked 13,229 Times in 2,884 Posts
SnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
In case anyone missed it, Contador was stripped of his titles. Retroactive two year ban ends in August, 2012, so obviously he will not be riding in the Tour this year.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireSto...etire-15531558

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/s...w/11945235.cms
I don't agree with the retroactive two year ban, especially since he was able to participate in cycling events during 2011. To me, that is no ban

"There's something to be said for not saying anything"
SnackTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:59 PM   #224
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnackTime View Post
I don't agree with the retroactive two year ban, especially since he was able to participate in cycling events during 2011. To me, that is no ban
Any titles that he won over that time were removed. However, I personally would like to see it going forward, as you suggest.

Old 02-20-2012, 07:01 PM   #225
SF_Boi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Human
Relationship Status:
Ask Me

SF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Drug Bans

I'm a real hard ass about drug use in sports. Cycling is very, very close to my heart and has been for many years. I personally believe anyone and I mean anyone found to be using banded drugs should never be allowed to race again.
That is my opinion and I take responsibility for my opinion. I LOVE CYCLING!
SF_Boi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SF_Boi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2012, 07:53 PM   #226
SnackTime

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
UNattainable

2 Highscores

Thanked 13,229 Times in 2,884 Posts
SnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Any titles that he won over that time were removed. However, I personally would like to see it going forward, as you suggest.
Exactly @ going forward! There are other sports that do not allow the athlete to participate period(for example, Ramirez was suspended for 50 games).

"There's something to be said for not saying anything"
SnackTime is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SnackTime For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2012, 10:22 PM   #227
SF_Boi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Human
Relationship Status:
Ask Me

SF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Issues with Cycling Shoes

I have a question for everyone, has anyone had any issues with the joint on the "big toes"? I'm talking about the joint located at the ball of the foot. I'm almost positive it's from my cycling shoes. I wear Specialize, they're about 4 years old. I've had a "fit kit" done for cleat adjustment, I've loosen up the velcro straps so that there is no pressure and the main strap is never too tight. How I know it's from cycling is because when I'm off the bike for about three days, my toes feel no pain. Open to advise.
The Following User Says Thank You to SF_Boi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2012, 11:50 AM   #228
Luckydwg07

How Do You Identify?:
Yes Ma'am! Butchiness- hard shell candy with a soft center
Relationship Status:
I've bee found-Life has new meaning to me

Luckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF_Boi View Post
I have a question for everyone, has anyone had any issues with the joint on the "big toes"? I'm talking about the joint located at the ball of the foot. I'm almost positive it's from my cycling shoes. I wear Specialize, they're about 4 years old. I've had a "fit kit" done for cleat adjustment, I've loosen up the velcro straps so that there is no pressure and the main strap is never too tight. How I know it's from cycling is because when I'm off the bike for about three days, my toes feel no pain. Open to advise.
SF I have that pain in both toes there is a name for the condition. I got in from years of over flexing when I walked -ran at work. Seems that all my stress I put on my feet. I still walk a lot at work now and I feel it when I'm in a hurry. It doesn't hurt all the time but when I massage my feet. & get to the under part of the big toe joint I hit the roof. Very painful. Its not in any of the othet toes
I can't wear flip-flops anymore pain start at ten paces when i wear them. Ill find out the name. Btw it doesn't happen when I'm hiking ( no stress)
Old 04-22-2012, 12:40 PM   #229
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

It's earth day and 41 degrees. I refused to take the car grocery shopping so I put on my winter coat, gloves and rode my bicycle.

In January, a 41 degree day would seem balmy.

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2012, 01:08 PM   #230
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,543 Times in 4,141 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

Here is my problem with riding my bike. I am a runner and I run almost everyday. I have never had this problem when I run. But when I ride my bike, I set out on a course I map for myself , for example 7 miles then turn around come back. But what happens is I can never gauge what is a good distance for me that day. I always end up going out and I feel good then I turn around and seems like I lose my energy and it's like a biking marathon to get home. Or I do the opposite , I am almost home but I feel like I can go for 10 more miles. Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions. It's so much easier to know how far I want to run on any given day, the second I put my running shoes on I make that decision.
Old 04-22-2012, 01:14 PM   #231
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Sorry I didn't see this before now. No, I have never had this problem. However, I have had the problem of all of my toes going numb. I started getting a larger shoe, always wear the thinnest socks (even in winter), and making sure the velcro straps are quite loose. I have always assumed it was a wide foot thing, as this has helped some. I hope your problem has resolved itself.

The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2012, 01:17 PM   #232
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGG View Post
Here is my problem with riding my bike. I am a runner and I run almost everyday. I have never had this problem when I run. But when I ride my bike, I set out on a course I map for myself , for example 7 miles then turn around come back. But what happens is I can never gauge what is a good distance for me that day. I always end up going out and I feel good then I turn around and seems like I lose my energy and it's like a biking marathon to get home. Or I do the opposite , I am almost home but I feel like I can go for 10 more miles. Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions. It's so much easier to know how far I want to run on any given day, the second I put my running shoes on I make that decision.
I'm sorry, but I don't have an answer for you. I only do trail riding and somehow I just "know" what I can handle that day. I guess it is like your running? Have you not been riding long? Maybe it is just getting to know your body or something?

Old 04-22-2012, 08:14 PM   #233
Diavolo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch

Diavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Your shoes are too old for one, but I am going to guess that you're hitting the pedal wrong or, have sciatica. I have sciatica in my left leg and my left food will cramp regularly. It's not the shoes, the fitting, but it happens on climbs.
Diavolo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Diavolo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2012, 08:16 PM   #234
Diavolo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch

Diavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Someone as strong as your are, I would suspect that the real issue is nutrition, you're just bonking because you aren't used to how to do it on a bike. You have to sip some water every 10 minutes and I usually sip some electrolytes every 15 minutes. I eat something every 45. All that and I hit the wall brutally on the AIDS/Lifecycle training ride today. Too hot and I didn't have enough electrolytes.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:13 PM   #235
SF_Boi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Human
Relationship Status:
Ask Me

Default Hitting the Wall

Quote:
My week consists of riding my road bike four days and running three days with two separate days for rest. So my week really consists of nine days and I leave my rest days open. I usually do 40-65 mile rides after a rest day.

When I run, I'm pushing only myself, my body and the forces of nature be it gravity, rain, wind warm weather. But when I'm cycling, I'm pushing myself and my machine on two tires (110 PSI) against all of the above and the Laws of Physics. Make sure your nutrition will feed you, keep you strong and injury free.

I always route out my rides. I also have different rides within rides. I can decide to do a 20 mile ride, if I fell strong I can mix in a 5 mile extension or if I'm feeling crazy and I'll go across the bridge and do a 40 miler. I also throw in a favorite place to stop for lunch,coffee, bike shop, or just little distractions to make my rides fun and enjoyable because that is why I ride. Hope this helps?
Old 04-30-2012, 04:06 PM   #236
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Default Bike Cam Captures Hit and Run Accident

http://autos.aol.com/article/video-b...6pLid%3D156511

It almost looks like it was done on purpose (I don't believe that is the thinking, though).

Also, butch content (in the video), for those interested.

The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2012, 05:08 AM   #237
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation
Default better than any lock

http://video.bicycling.com/video/Bes...o-_-dog-guards

Old 05-01-2012, 05:35 AM   #238
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominique View Post
This is fantastic! Thanks for posting.

Old 05-06-2012, 03:40 PM   #239
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Wink this gives *DROPPING IN* a new meaning

Old 05-07-2012, 10:03 PM   #240
Diavolo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch

Quote:
http://autos.aol.com/article/video-b...6pLid%3D156511

It almost looks like it was done on purpose (I don't believe that is the thinking, though).

Also, butch content (in the video), for those interested.
I know that part of Old Tunnel. It wouldn't be my first choice for routes, yikes!
The Following User Says Thank You to Diavolo For This Useful Post: