Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 01-07-2012, 10:11 AM   #2761
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

Happy weekend everybody!

Foxyshaman, thank you, thank you, thank you for the tips.

Dee, I would be type O and I love protein, meat and seafood so that works for me. Not so sure I agree with the salt however. I wouldn't mind trying this and especially avoiding the foods mentioned. I know when i've lost weight in the past I ate shrimp, fish, chicken and lean beef and also fresh fruits and fresh vegetables. Cut out sodium, sugar, breads and pastas and it worked for me also limiting my calories to about 1200 a day.
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2012, 10:25 AM   #2762
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation
So my TV is on workout infomercials.lol paying little attention since i'm on bfp, however i'm wondering has anyone ever ordered any of these and liked them or they worked? Awhile back I was tempted to try the p90x or insanity . In the past when it first came out I got Chuck Norris' total body and also some videos of taebo and abs and some resistance bands.I feel I got my moneys worth and used them. Right now zumba is on and before that was insanity. I wouldn't mind trying the intense cardio workouts on insanity. My exercise usually consists of walking and running outside preferably and running stairs and then working abs and doing pushups and at the gym I work my arms. I think some cardio would be good!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2012, 10:27 AM   #2763
Random

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 5,326 Times in 1,379 Posts
Random Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_dee View Post
What I found interesting about the Blood Type Diet is that most of the suggested foods are what I like anyway, just coincidence? Maybe, maybe not.

It's not rocket science this weight loss thing and we spend millions of dollars each year trying to conquer it.

I kinda believe that if we stay away from anything processed, we are ahead of the game.
I totaly agree with you...

Processed = poision.. period...

I've tried to install a policy where unless you make it from scratch, it doesn't come in the house...

It doesn't always work, cause I'm a lazy cook and the girl eats totaly different than I do...

But I keep striving for it... cause really... if you sort of want brownies and you have to make them completly from scratch... not a box.. you might not go to all the trouble if you actually have to make the choc syrup...
Old 01-07-2012, 11:44 AM   #2764
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
"Eating right for your blood type"

Has anyone given this any thought. I find the concept to be an interesting one since our blood regulates enzymes etc. in our system.

I have the book here which I am about to read. But this chart is the basic concept.

Dee
This is very intresting cause the things I should like and things not to like are spot on with the list,I never thought of blood type for the kinds of foods we should eat but it seems something to check out..let me know what u find out from the book
Rockin
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2012, 12:07 PM   #2765
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

In the spirit of Move....we are just back from the beach...3500 steps barefoot in the sand according to my pedometer (well..3497 actually )...plus some sunshine and fresh air.

The mini-doxie is already asleep...and we've been home about 3 minutes. That's a lot of walking when your legs are 3 inches long!
Old 01-07-2012, 02:07 PM   #2766
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,958 Times in 13,923 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random View Post
I totaly agree with you...

Processed = poision.. period...

I've tried to install a policy where unless you make it from scratch, it doesn't come in the house...

It doesn't always work, cause I'm a lazy cook and the girl eats totaly different than I do...

But I keep striving for it... cause really... if you sort of want brownies and you have to make them completly from scratch... not a box.. you might not go to all the trouble if you actually have to make the choc syrup...
I've been a huge believer in the GOD diet! If God (or whomever you believe in) made it, its ok, if it's made by man (processed) ... it's not ok!

girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2012, 06:56 PM   #2767
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Afternoon!!!!! I had a pretty great day. Had cheese and grapes and Special K bar for lunch and soup beans with low fat crackers for dinner.

I've leveled off the last couple of days. Not lost anymore but haven't gained either. Working 12 hour days i just don't have the time or energy to work out. So, i've decided on the weekends, which i work, if i stay the same and not gain, it is a winner!!!!

As far as the blood types and enzymes. I don't get it. Blood carries enzymes which are just proteins and these actually come from our organs, like the liver and the heart. To my knowledge and believe me i could be wrong without researching it, has nothing to do with the blood type. The blood types are from antibodies and antigens.

I'm a type A and i love and crave meat. I have to force myself to eat vegies, there is one in every crowd huh. lol.

Well, seeing the glass half full, which i ALWAYS try to do....Let us know what you find out. Makes no sense to me but hey, i learn something every day!!!!!!

Have a wonderful Saturday Evening all!!!!!!!
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2012, 10:57 PM   #2768
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,806 Times in 25,672 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffryder View Post
Back to work and back to losing lbs..
Drinking more water and UN sweet tea.
I have to say I drink more black coffee than anything.

I need a back and shoulder massage. any ideas how to stop shoulder pain? I've been exercising my arms, moving them around, stretching. Used icy hot the past 2 days per my Co workers advice. That helps the pain for sure. Went to a chiropractor in the past, not sure if it helped or not.

Challenge?
3 words that describe your journey to a healthy you this year. Mine would be Determination, Commitment, Focus

Happy weekend everybody! Ill enjoy my day off tomorrow.
Foxy had some really good suggestions about your shoulder. I know when it hurts, you just want it to STOP. I regularly (about 6-8 times a year) pull the same darn muscle and it's in the middle of my back, so I can't get to it. Having someone Icy Hot it does really help stop or dull the pain but it doesn't remedy the problem. Choose a chiro carefully, but I like going to them and have had good experiences with one after I was in a car accident and reversed the curvature of my neck. Trust me, you do NOT want to do that.

Let's see......3 words.....

Patience~ I need to learn it for all facets of my life, but especially towards myself. I'm a very harsh judge and I judge myself far worse than anyone else. I need to be kinder to myself.

Consistency~ No matter what I do, I need to do it regularly.

Motivation~ I need to work on finding new ways to make myself excited about working out and getting healthier, because some days when I'm crabby and snarky, I just don't care.

Quote:
"Eating right for your blood type"

Has anyone given this any thought. I find the concept to be an interesting one since our blood regulates enzymes etc. in our system.

I have the book here which I am about to read. But this chart is the basic concept.
I'm okay with the not eating brussels sprouts and cauliflower but they've got to be off their rocker to think I'm giving up legumes and beans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
As an RN and as one that always looks at proven, legitimate, science, behind any suggested diets, ( learned the hard way for myself) I actually have never heard or seen this one regarding this type of suggested way of eating soley based on blood type. Are there links to any studies for this one? I always appreciate expanding my knowlege

As always, I think it is awesome when we support and and encourage each other in our quest for eating wholesome food, in a healthy, well-balanced diet.

That is why I personally have stuck with this thread since I joined the Planet. Keeping that healthy focus in mind, on a daily basis and supporting each other to do the same.

I have been through years of trying every diet that came across my eyes and I always lost weight but never kept it off until I did it the hard way: decreased my calories to between 1200 to 1500 max per day; keep my fats at a healthy level- use olive oil or canola oil; increase my vegetables and legumes; no sweets other than fruit-in the right amount; ensure I get sufficient protein daily; increase my walking-now up to 30 minutes twice per day, plus 6 flights of stairs 2x per day.

No magic answer for me. One day at a time, one choice at a time.
Anya, the book came out years ago. I remember that the cover is/was...as it may have a new one with new printings...shiny metallic and red. Red and metallic = blood. They actually make sense with that connection.

However, I don't think it was found to be any more helpful or hurtful than any of the other fad diets out there.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2012, 11:29 PM   #2769
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Tomorrow im going to work out,not shure if I should or not but im tired of feeling blah with no energy no to mention my joints feel like they are on fire.As I have begain to get over the e-coli infection ive been dealing with I just seem to lose a lot of enery along with my joints starting to feel crapy..even the muscels in my fore arms hurt,my neck is still stiff but the doc says its not related to the infection(I checked with the ER doc I saw when I got sick).In April I will change to medicare insted of being on medicaid,I dont know if it will be so much diffrent but I hear there are going to be some changes that will allow me to chose my own doc insted of what I have to use now,I shure hope so cause I know I would be in better health if I had a better doc.Im not saying all medicaid docs are bad but I havent had any luck with the ones I have had,either thst dont have the know how or the ablity to do the job or care.Any way tomorow im going to give a light work out a go and see how I feel.I am eating healthfully and my numbers are normal for me.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2012, 04:14 AM   #2770
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,442 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

Good Morning Everyone,

Day one of my going power walking after work! I am done at 7am and should be hitting the sidewalk around 8am. I will be going for 30 minutes and then go home to rest; since I've been awake for almost 24 hours.

Tonight for my lunch break, I walked around and then took a ten minute nap.

Have a great day

Zimmeh
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2012, 07:53 AM   #2771
NorCalStud

How Do You Identify?:
gaea's Daddy and Fiance
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ours
Relationship Status:
Engaged with gaea:-)

Thanked 1,465 Times in 359 Posts
NorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST Reputation
Default blood type diet

I read it 15 years ago and it was lifechanging. I suffered Ibs three times weekly. B types are allergic to chicken rice and corn. Arg. Ouch agony. Only time I have a problem is with these foods that are on the bad list. Rice is nuetral but hurts me bad. One thing I took from the forward is that they regard the diet and info as being 67% accurate because of mixed blood. It also explains cheese is very important to me -b types are nomadic people and herders...and that must be why I have a B type dog...love my bordercollie. Have a healthy day everyone!

Che
NorCalStud is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NorCalStud For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2012, 08:31 AM   #2772
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,958 Times in 13,923 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

wow lots of great chat about this Blood Type Diet.

I am not for or against it, just at this point it does make sense to me.

So far I've read that the author is a 2nd generation naturopathic doctor whose father noticed that some of his patients thrived on certain diets, while others did not, and they were eating the same food. What was the difference? They believe it was blood type.

Another thing I found interesting is the orgins of our bloods. THey believe 0 to be the oldest blood type known. A evolved around the time we became gatherers and more domesticated. B came about when the races migrated to Europe in colder climate. AB evolved with the intermingling of the groups.

Again I am not saying this is the truth but I find the concept very interesting.

Dogs for example have all the same blood type. Humans do not, maybe there is something to this. It may be why I for example can thrive on Vegetarian diet and others cannot.

So far that is what I've read. I think they are saying hey, eat whatever you want, but if you are going to eat fruit, why not eat fruit that your body is designed to produce the right amount of enzymes for?

Anyway that is how far I am in this book. THanks for all the input I think I am interested in avoiding the foods they suggest and see how I feel!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2012, 09:10 AM   #2773
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

my blood type is AB RH Neg, lol...Not sure what that means, but i'm just joining in the conversation, heh.

Good Morning Healthies ♥
This morning i worked 7-10 and on my way home i walked the long way (30 mins) and will walk back that way at 130 so there's an hour of brisk walking right there.. It's a tad slippery out so i hop out on the road and dodge traffic a little (well not really, it's a back road so no traffic really lol..)

This last week, i have so many amazing changes that i am really grooving since the 82 lbs lost.. i must say though, the best part of all of this is my change in attitude.. i feel like a brand new person, inside & out - already.. and i've still some way to go..

April 2011 something snapped in me to want to lose weight & help myself, i felt horribly... But after this New Year 2012, i felt that "snap" again.. It was like everything changed again, i feel stronger, more tolerant to certain things, less tolerant to negative things and just taking such care of me overall, when i didn't ever feel that was possible ..i feel SO amazing within, i can't even describe..

8 months to reshape my life as much as i have - and i know this is a continual journey of growth, so i'm so excited to find out what's around the corner for me for 2012.. At 233 i still have a ways to go, but i know i 'can' do this, there will be bumps in my road and that's okay..

It just feels so DAMN good to be here, living this, sharing this with all of you as you are all working your journey too... Feels tremendous to know we're all in this together, eh?

Happy Sunday all! xox

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2012, 09:14 AM   #2774
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbelle View Post

I've leveled off the last couple of days. Not lost anymore but haven't gained either. Working 12 hour days i just don't have the time or energy to work out. So, i've decided on the weekends, which i work, if i stay the same and not gain, it is a winner!!!!

Absolutely!!! Maintaining our weight is equally worth celebrating .. During Christmas holidays, i didnt get the chance to exercise as much because of all of my work hours, but i stayed true to my healthy eating, & knew i was at least maintaining my weight and that in itself felt like such a win for me, even if i wasn't losing at that time..

You got this - ((((huggggs))))

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2012, 09:17 AM   #2775
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,617 Times in 1,559 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

I'm not sure what I think about the blood type diet. I am very in favour (in general) of homeopathic and naturopathic remedies and practices. BUT...I think how our bodies absorb and metabolize food is more complex than our blood type, similarly I think how our bodies respond to exercise is also more complex.

My nutritionist does a genetic test that analyzes specific genomes to determine factors that impact weight gain/loss.
/snip/ below from her website

The test isn't covered by my insurance and costs over $100 - so I've not done it. I'm somewhat skeptical BUT I think it is an interesting concept and there have been a number of clinical trials.

"The Weight Management Gene Test:
The weight management genetic test is clinically shown to help you lose over 2 1/2 times more weight by properly matching diet and exercise to your personal genotypes. Whether you are coming to see us to help you lose weight, or you just want another way to help you maintain your weight, this gene test is a great tool! It enables us to tailor our advice based not only on your personal history, lifestyle, and goals, but on your genetics as well. It is solid proof of the best diet for you."

http://www.pioneervalleynutrition.co...about-our.html
Old 01-08-2012, 10:41 AM   #2776
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Hello healthies

Personally, I run like hell from anything that even remotely smells of a fad, or a promise of fast or easy weight loss. If it was that easy, we'd all be slim.

Reality is that our relationships with food are complex...and, let's face it, those of us who are heavier than is healthy generally eat too much, or eat foods that we KNOW are bad for us, and/or move too little.

It's not genes, or blood type, or special drinks, or shots, or a magic pill....it's eating our veggies, drinking our water, cutting out the processed crap, and moving our asses.

We all know that....and, as tempting as it is to think there's a magic, easy solution....there isn't. We have to re-wire our brains, change our habits, and do the work.

I applaud all of you who are doing just that.
Old 01-08-2012, 12:00 PM   #2777
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,442 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

(((Sylvie)))

Wow! You are such an inspiration to me! It feels so good to get our lives back and to kick negativity to the curb!!! I am feeling 2012 will be my year for everything! I applied for a new job, have windeful friends and I've embraced my roots as this Southern girl who loves listening to bluegrass music. I'm still in awe over the fact that I have people who support me and who will not *shit* on me. I am thankful for a great friend in Ruff. It's like hy knows when I'm getting stressed out and hy will send me a text that says, "breathe and relax". My ex best friend of 24 years couldn't see when I was becoming stressed out. Letting go of that negative and poisonous friendship was the best thing I could have done and learning to accept, that I'm human and yes I will fall down, but I can pick myself up and hold my head high.

Hugs sweetie and I'm looking forward to seeing you in Little Rock

Zimmeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvie View Post
my blood type is AB RH Neg, lol...Not sure what that means, but i'm just joining in the conversation, heh.

Good Morning Healthies ♥
This morning i worked 7-10 and on my way home i walked the long way (30 mins) and will walk back that way at 130 so there's an hour of brisk walking right there.. It's a tad slippery out so i hop out on the road and dodge traffic a little (well not really, it's a back road so no traffic really lol..)

This last week, i have so many amazing changes that i am really grooving since the 82 lbs lost.. i must say though, the best part of all of this is my change in attitude.. i feel like a brand new person, inside & out - already.. and i've still some way to go..

April 2011 something snapped in me to want to lose weight & help myself, i felt horribly... But after this New Year 2012, i felt that "snap" again.. It was like everything changed again, i feel stronger, more tolerant to certain things, less tolerant to negative things and just taking such care of me overall, when i didn't ever feel that was possible ..i feel SO amazing within, i can't even describe..

8 months to reshape my life as much as i have - and i know this is a continual journey of growth, so i'm so excited to find out what's around the corner for me for 2012.. At 233 i still have a ways to go, but i know i 'can' do this, there will be bumps in my road and that's okay..

It just feels so DAMN good to be here, living this, sharing this with all of you as you are all working your journey too... Feels tremendous to know we're all in this together, eh?

Happy Sunday all! xox
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2012, 12:14 PM   #2778
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

good morning, good day, and happy sun day everybody!!

Daily Challenge: incorporate fruit into your day. What is it and How will you do this?

I will take an apple with me to work today. Feel free to do this challenge all week if you like. Fresh fruit is yummy!

Zimmeh, you have been a great friend and person in my life also. Rest today and no coffee since you been working round the clock. That's an order! lol.

Have a great day peeps!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2012, 03:43 PM   #2779
Hack
Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Thanked 3,781 Times in 959 Posts
Hack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST Reputation

Just had to share. Just completed an hour of cardio at the gym, burned 649 calories. The first time in a long time I didn't have to dial down resistance on the elliptical the last 15 minutes. Considering I had two huge hotcakes with blueberries for breakfast this morning (not my usual breakfast thing, but I gave in to a craving) and less than four hours of sleep, I think I did ok. I return Tuesday for weights. *flex* lol
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hack For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2012, 04:17 PM   #2780
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
a round peg in a square hole
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Thanked 10,056 Times in 2,077 Posts
starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

Actually went to WW today, like I said I was! I am down 1.3 lbs! I am really surprised that it was not more being that I danced and sweated my bootie off last night, was on track all week and exercised. Oh well... better than a 1.3 gain!!

I also bought some weights, resistance bands, a jump rope and a balance ball this afternoon. I am ready to get toned up!

I am going to a run this evening, and then do some Just Dance on my Wii tonight.

Here's to a good week all!!

OH! P.S- A special someone lost 7 pounds their first week on WW!!! Congrats Red-Flag!!!! (((((hugsss)))))

Starry
starryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post: