Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Finding Your People - Special Groups

Finding Your People - Special Groups Are you a member of AA? Neurodiverse? a Vegan? Find your people here!

Old 05-03-2010, 07:59 AM   #261
katzietootle

How Do You Identify?:
alien wandering
Relationship Status:
wandering

Location: illegal alien on mars, permanent resident on pluto,migrating to planet kazoom
katzietootle is a splendid one to beholdkatzietootle is a splendid one to beholdkatzietootle is a splendid one to beholdkatzietootle is a splendid one to beholdkatzietootle is a splendid one to beholdkatzietootle is a splendid one to beholdkatzietootle is a splendid one to behold

a 9 year old with autism learned to play piano by ear using only three notes but can play a whole song such as this (copied and pasted)
i dealt with this kid when he was still 2 and can't barely say A,E, when he still needs motivation with his sitting tolerance, has fleeting eye contact, cannot recognize letters,don't have imitation skills...and now...yeeba!!!im so proud of him... and everyone around him who gives him undying love and support...
Old 05-04-2010, 08:34 AM   #262
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:
love wise guys of the avian world

Thanked 3,294 Times in 1,301 Posts
violaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

[QUOTE=StoneFinn;97630]sometimes there's not a word or set of words. just a picture i cannot draw here. it's just about needing to be where someone else understands.

yes!

violaine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to violaine For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2010, 11:11 AM   #263
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,910 Times in 1,862 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

I've been thinking about this for some time, and I decided to put it out there to those on the spectrum. Did you have to learn, NOT to trust people?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2010, 11:27 AM   #264
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Liam,

I do not know how to not to trust people. I trust everyone. Then when I get burned, I know what you mean. Otherwise the answer is no.

Now I try to be a forgiving man, and try to practice my faith. I try to always turn to my other cheek, and to always embrace everyone. No matter who or what they are. They are people and they require love above all things.

Andrew
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 12:55 PM   #265
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:
love wise guys of the avian world

Thanked 3,294 Times in 1,301 Posts
violaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputation
Default i only know what you show me-

[QUOTE=Liam;105023]I've been thinking about this for some time, and I decided to put it out there to those on the spectrum. Did you have to learn, NOT to trust people?

dear liam,

in a word- yes.

when i was a small child, and my family mentioned someone 'stealing' me, i'd say, 'don't worry, they'll bring me back in ten minutes!' do you think that i must have repeated what i overheard?

acceptance is beautiful to know, and to be able to provide others. if an individual is wired to be naturally open, and then grows up with a lot of freedom to 'be', how does she know that not everyone else out there receives the same wiring/familial experiences?

it took me a long time to figure out!

ways i learned to be more guarded around certain people fairly straightforward: i feel worse around them than i do otherwise, and more adds up in the negative column. sure, there are people [NT's], capable of detecting things sooner- and that's ohk! seeing roundly, i.e., often for me means taking the long road- with friend/co-worker/person of interest/family member, and while it's true, i may eventually be out of a friendship [that * i * thought existed], better to be out than remain stuck in one-sidedness.

on the other hand, a break just may be needed. it depends on the person, situation, and whether or not my bounce-back has been exhausted!

perils. pleasures. of AT wiring.

eta: it 'feels' worse being around them. emotionalising the patterns of undesirable behaviour. this happens after trying to make sense of the confusion, and then communicating questionable scenarios- intellectualising first and then going on how that is received. patterns and connections. it comes in stages- not all at once, like it may work for NT's.

Last edited by violaine; 05-15-2010 at 01:21 PM.
violaine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to violaine For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2010, 02:56 PM   #266
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. View Post

Liam,

I do not know how to not to trust people. I trust everyone. Then when I get burned, I know what you mean. Otherwise the answer is no.

Now I try to be a forgiving man, and try to practice my faith. I try to always turn to my other cheek, and to always embrace everyone. No matter who or what they are. They are people and they require love above all things.

Andrew
I understand what you mean, Andrew, with the exception of a bump with my dentist, when I was four, I have pretty much always assumed people are kind and honest. However, my online experience has changed that, and I have learned not to be invested in people being honest, kind or even fair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by violaine View Post

dear liam,

in a word- yes.

when i was a small child, and my family mentioned someone 'stealing' me, i'd say, 'don't worry, they'll bring me back in ten minutes!' do you think that i must have repeated what i overheard?

acceptance is beautiful to know, and to be able to provide others. if an individual is wired to be naturally open, and then grows up with a lot of freedom to 'be', how does she know that not everyone else out there receives the same wiring/familial experiences?

it took me a long time to figure out!

ways i learned to be more guarded around certain people fairly straightforward: i feel worse around them than i do otherwise, and more adds up in the negative column. sure, there are people [NT's], capable of detecting things sooner- and that's ohk! seeing roundly, i.e., often for me means taking the long road- with friend/co-worker/person of interest/family member, and while it's true, i may eventually be out of a friendship [that * i * thought existed], better to be out than remain stuck in one-sidedness.

on the other hand, a break just may be needed. it depends on the person, situation, and whether or not my bounce-back has been exhausted!

perils. pleasures. of AT wiring.

eta: it 'feels' worse being around them. emotionalising the patterns of undesirable behaviour. this happens after trying to make sense of the confusion, and then communicating questionable scenarios- intellectualising first and then going on how that is received. patterns and connections. it comes in stages- not all at once, like it may work for NT's.

Why on earth would anyone want to return you in ten minutes, Belle? That is a wonderful story of how we repeat what we hear, when we are kids.

Feelings, are so tricky, I don't think many NT folks understand how foreign they are, to many of us on the spectrum. It took a long time for me to understand what a stomach ache can mean for me. I've come to recognise that this means something is terribly off and it is not good. This unfamiliarity with feelings is definitely a two-edged sword, however I am grateful I am how I am.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2010, 07:35 PM   #267
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Question

Liam,

I posted the other day that I felt that everyone here was my family. And I had someone tell me this was a community, and not a family. It confuses me. I was rejected by my family, and abandon. So tell me what are we then?
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2010, 09:20 PM   #268
Ursy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Ursy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Liam,

I posted the other day that I felt that everyone here was my family. And I had someone tell me this was a community, and not a family. It confuses me. I was rejected by my family, and abandon. So tell me what are we then?
Aargh! That annoys me so much! I wouldn't presume to correct your interpretation of "family", even if I saw this place as "community"... or whatever else I wanted to call it.

Family and community and words like that can mean very different things to different people.

Quote:

So tell me what are we then?
We are whatever you feel is right to call us, and nobody can tell you that you are wrong. Who can dictate what these kinds of things mean to another?

Hrumphy!
Ursy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ursy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2010, 11:12 PM   #269
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Quote:

Liam,

Andrew, I believe she was sharing that she makes a distinction between family and community, relative to this online community. That is her reality, and you are most certainly entitled to yours, which does not have to match up with anyone else's, in order for it to be valid.

I am proud to call you brother.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2010, 11:26 PM   #270
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Liam,

I believe I said

This is where we *differ*

How you choose to see anyone is solely up to you Andrew, I made that distinction clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urs View Post
Aargh! That annoys me so much! I wouldn't presume to correct your interpretation of "family", even if I saw this place as "community"... or whatever else I wanted to call it.

Family and community and words like that can mean very different things to different people.

We are whatever you feel is right to call us, and nobody can tell you that you are wrong. Who can dictate what these kinds of things mean to another?

Hrumphy!
I was not interpreting anything for Andrew I was posting from *my* Snow space and what family meant to *me*

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks Liam for correcting this..
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2010, 12:49 AM   #271
Ursy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Ursy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
I believe I said

This is where we *differ*

How you choose to see anyone is solely up to you Andrew, I made that distinction clear.

I was not interpreting anything for Andrew I was posting from *my* Snow space and what family meant to *me*

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks Liam for correcting this..
Thanks for clarifying hon!
In that case I'm not hrumphing at you - but the people who do think that way (and there are peeps who still do, more's the pity).
xx
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ursy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2010, 09:09 AM   #272
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Question

Lady Snow,

It is confusing to me. I love you as my sister. I talk to most everyone each day. I would think that you would love me as your brother. What is the difference between that love and being born by the same mother? I am not ref. to anything racial. I don't believe in that at all. My love is the same like I have for Urs or Madusa or anyone else.

In community and love of family how are they different then? I am lost.

Andrew
Old 05-16-2010, 10:15 AM   #273
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Lady Snow,

It is confusing to me. I love you as my sister. I talk to most everyone each day. I would think that you would love me as your brother. What is the difference between that love and being born by the same mother? I am not ref. to anything racial. I don't believe in that at all. My love is the same like I have for Urs or Madusa or anyone else.

In community and love of family how are they different then? I am lost.

Andrew

I would like to take this elsewhere Andrew out of respect to everyone in here, I have a boy who is Aspie, and he can pick up on energies and things that go out of wack, this to *me* feels to *heavy* in energy for myself and people in here who have *enough* going on with their extra senses.. I will copy and paste and find the Red Zone so I can address it properly..
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2010, 01:10 PM   #274
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Lady Snow,

It was just posted that you are dating Weatherboi, and that somehow this is being twisted around to mean something totally different than what I am saying. No. I am done.

I don't mean disrespect. I had no clue. I apologise yet again too have offended you and Weatherboi. I feel like a jackass.

Andrew
Old 05-17-2010, 05:03 AM   #275
Ursy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Engaged

There will always be misunderstandings... the trick is to move on.

Easier said than done! I don't know if it's an Aspie thing, but I berate myself when I am part of a misunderstanding. I was quite old when I realised that most others just shake it off and keep going (but I don't know if that's a neurotypical thing in particular).

It's a very painful part of my existence, especially as misunderstandings can happen relatively frequently when you're an Aspie, but I am working on it.

Do you think it's an Aspie thing? The berating oneself I mean. Oh, and the hanging on to stuff that is best let go? 'Cause that's something else I have to work on!
The Following User Says Thank You to Ursy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2010, 06:00 AM   #276
christie

How Do You Identify?:
A Force with which to be reckoned
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Thanked 2,476 Times in 706 Posts
christie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by urs View Post
There will always be misunderstandings... the trick is to move on.

Easier said than done! I don't know if it's an Aspie thing, but I berate myself when I am part of a misunderstanding. I was quite old when I realised that most others just shake it off and keep going (but I don't know if that's a neurotypical thing in particular).

It's a very painful part of my existence, especially as misunderstandings can happen relatively frequently when you're an Aspie, but I am working on it.

Do you think it's an Aspie thing? The berating oneself I mean. Oh, and the hanging on to stuff that is best let go? 'Cause that's something else I have to work on!
Urs -

My Aspie son doesn't berate himself. In fact, Bratboy has quite an opposite reaction in that he ALWAYS projects any blame/responsibility on others. Nothing is ever his fault. As a parent, I find this as equally difficult to navigate as the self berating. I "think" it would be easier to try and show him that he is not solely responsible for something rather than to try and show him that he does have responsibility in a situation.

We have NINE days of school left and if the last week has been an indicator, I would rather eat nails. He has decided that he doesn't need to go, that he can just repeat the 11th grade next year. He knows well enough that he will finish the school year, and to me, the frustration is that he spends so much time making the simplest of things so fucking difficult. I keep reminding him that he isnt 18, he doesnt live in a democracy and in most instances, he doesnt get to vote. LOL
christie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 06:08 AM   #277
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Christie0918,

You are fortunate in that your son doesn't berate himself. I do. It's a trigger. Moving on is much easier said than done for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2010, 06:23 AM   #278
Ursy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Quote:
Originally Posted by christie0918 View Post
Urs -

My Aspie son doesn't berate himself. In fact, Bratboy has quite an opposite reaction in that he ALWAYS projects any blame/responsibility on others. Nothing is ever his fault. As a parent, I find this as equally difficult to navigate as the self berating. I "think" it would be easier to try and show him that he is not solely responsible for something rather than to try and show him that he does have responsibility in a situation.

We have NINE days of school left and if the last week has been an indicator, I would rather eat nails. He has decided that he doesn't need to go, that he can just repeat the 11th grade next year. He knows well enough that he will finish the school year, and to me, the frustration is that he spends so much time making the simplest of things so fucking difficult. I keep reminding him that he isnt 18, he doesnt live in a democracy and in most instances, he doesnt get to vote. LOL
Actually now that you mention it, my dad (who we're quite sure is Aspie) is similar - he is never at fault. I guess it depends on the individual personality. I imagine that it might be tied to the "theory of mind" thing.

Anyway, I hope it all settles down for you and bratboy - they can be trying, for sure. Bek and I went through some bad times - but we're in a good place right now. May there be a good place waiting for you and bratboy soon! xx
The Following User Says Thank You to Ursy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2010, 01:50 AM   #279
katzietootle

How Do You Identify?:
alien wandering
Relationship Status:
wandering

Location: illegal alien on mars, permanent resident on pluto,migrating to planet kazoom
katzietootle is a splendid one to beholdkatzietootle is a splendid one to beholdkatzietootle is a splendid one to beholdkatzietootle is a splendid one to beholdkatzietootle is a splendid one to beholdkatzietootle is a splendid one to beholdkatzietootle is a splendid one to behold

someone help...
do anyone here knows how to manage visual stims?i dealt with verbal stims and other self stimulatory behaviours but i'm having a hard time managing visual stims...
Old 05-21-2010, 08:53 AM   #280
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Not a clue.