Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 01-17-2012, 12:01 PM   #2941
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
a round peg in a square hole
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Thanked 10,056 Times in 2,077 Posts
starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
I think my scales are broken

I sneaked a peak this morning knowing that my weigh-in is not until Sunday but I was feeling pretty chipper after my workout last night. The scales say 285 which is a 3-lb loss from Sunday, which means that I have essentially lost 10 pounds in the last 10 days. I don't think that's possible so I'm going to weigh in tomorrow on the "big scales" at my first in-person WW meeting at work.

Our WW session at work is 13 weeks and meets every Wednesday. The coordinator said that several people are also doing the WW online program but found that in-person meetings are great for feeling supported. I dont know that I need the support because I use this thread pretty readily but it will be interesting to see what others are doing to get on track.

Today's menu:

Breakfast was:
snack size spicy hot V8
2 Tillamook cheddar cheese packets (2 points each on WW)
a honeycrisp apple

Midmorning snack:
Fiber 1 bar

Lunch:
lean cuisine
side of mashed sweet potatoes with cinammon

mid-afternoon snack:
grapefruit

Dinner:
homemade chili with lean ground beef, onion, peppers, tomatoes, garlic, beans, and my secret spices
side salad with croutons, carrots, and lite Italian

Late night snack: sugar free double chocolate pudding cup
I HATE my at home scale. It always shows a 2lb loss or a 2lb gain. On Sunday, it showed that I was down 1lb, for the week but up 2 from the day before. At WW, I was down 3. I think I'm gonna chuck it!

If you are down 10 in 10... Go on sista! It's not impossible. Red flag was down over 14 in 2 weeks. I wish I could do that!!

:-D

Starry
starryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2012, 04:14 PM   #2942
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I need a n ew scale too but I can colabrate the one I have by puting it on 0 then putting a 5 pound weight on it to check it out out then set the #...so far that has worked.
Today I did another work out but it was mostly upper body work,I did ride my exersise bike for 12 minits till my knee started twinging at me to take it easy so I quit the bike but went for a short walk to work out the kink in my knee,then I did 52teps on the stair stepper.I did work up a fair sweat and got the old heart pumping good.Then I took anotherwalk to chill down then lunch,wich was a combo salad with a can of tuna on top and some crackers and a bottle of water...sofar im back up to 60oz of water a day.Breakfast was some cottage cheese and frut with two slices of whole wheat shugar free bread..12 grain no less.Dinner will be some pan seared fish with a steamed veggie bag.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2012, 05:39 PM   #2943
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation
Default Oven fried chicken

Hello healthies

Every once in awhile I realllllllyyyy feel like fried chicken, but know that it's a bad choice for me since it's generally drenched in unhealthy fat.

Here's an alternative that really works for me (and it's almost done right now....yummy! )

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large plastic bag, about 3/4 cup of flour and seasonings to taste (I use salt, pepper, garlic powder and poultry seasoning).

In a shallow dish, mix an egg wash....a couple eggs, beaten with just a tiny splash of water.

On a plate, pour a nice layer of Panko breadcrumbs.

In a heavy skillet, heat about 1/2 inch of olive oil to frying temps.

Then....take boneless, skinless chicken breasts....shake in the seasoned flour, dip and roll in the egg wash, then roll in the panko.

Pop them into the hot olive oil until just browned on both sides. Stay right there....with Panko, this takes less than a minute if your oil is hot.

Remove the chicken breasts to a baking dish, with space between each one...and bake at 350 for about 45 minutes. Remember....for food safety reasons, chicken breast should read 170 degrees on a meat thermometer in the thickest part of the breast.

The chicken comes out moist and tender with a nice "fried" crust....but without the fat of the skin or soaking up all that grease.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:44 PM   #2944
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Bisexual Femme with a heavy twist of Lime
Relationship Status:
Together since September of 2021

Thanked 32,154 Times in 10,015 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Here's what my diet & exercise day looks like so far, today:

-Got up late

-Helped my son deep clean his room
(I'm sure that burned a few calories today,
I was sweating when we were done)

-Walked quite a bit on my errands earlier

-Meals for today:
Breakfast: once slice of multigrain bread w/ peanut butter, cup of coffee, 2 oranges.

Lunch: two 16 oz jars of water, one apple, two slices of sharp cheddar cheese, 7 rosemary wheat thin like crackers.

Supper: (it's in the oven roasting) Carrots, Parsnips, Beets, Baby Red Potatos w/ a chicken dressed in a scrub of olive oil & spices: white pepper, black pepper corns, minced garlic, nutmeg and a splash of curry. It has a Meditterranean taste of sorts that my son even likes.
I need to up my water intake though before supper.

Might have a cup of tea before bed tonight too (that's my dessert because supper is kind of on the rich side).

ps/ Jo's chicken and Medusa's chili may find it's way on a menu at my house soon.

pps/ one time, quite a few years ago when I had health insurance, a doctor said to me that when I exercise to make sure that once I broke into a sweat to keep that pace up for at least another 15 to 20 minutes, if I could tolerate it. I didn't do it all the time but when ever I want to break a plateau, I do it (within reason).
Old 01-18-2012, 08:59 AM   #2945
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

i have been seriously bummed since yesterday..
And i will be honest about why i got bummed - though it's always hard to be honest, isn't it? It seems silly...

Fad diets --
i don't believe in them, because i've been a girl who has spent a lifetime trying every fad diet thats come here way, always looking for a magic solution - i know there is no magic solution. And so fad diets make me so angry, sigh...(because of MY history with them and my failures...) A friend has hopped on the fad diet bandwagon, and while i won't say the fad diet (because i don't believe in promoting something like that in any way in this thread because i know what we do here is something completely different..♥ and i love that - and i also know it's terribly hard on me to hear about fad diet successes because deep down i still want to believe in that magic solution as a girl who is a food addict, a girl with an eating disorder AND as a girl who wants to lose weight...period..) But i got seriously angry within..

Why did i get angry? i've lost 82 lbs since April of 2011.. Which IS fabulous, believe me i'm proud of that.. But in my disease, i'm a numbers girl.. i obsess the numbers, whether it's weighing myself, tracking calories, doing exercises, using my pedometer, i start subtracting the amount of calories burned from this and that and i get obsessive trying to figure it all out...And it's not healthy to do, so this is something i am trying to get control on right now and it's difficult... So what did i do yesterday? i start figuring out, okay, i have lost 11 lbs in one month (month of December and beginning of January...thats "x" amount of days, and this person has lost "x" amount of lbs in a DAY, i can't grasp it.. It worries me, AND it of course makes ME want this even though i know what i am doing is healthy for 'me'.. i know, i'm trying to gain control on a food & sugar addiction, and i know i am trying to squash my desire to binge and purge every single day.. And what made me angry, is that every single day, i am working my ass off it feels like, because i do meetings each day, and i meditate, and i exercise and exercise and focus on eating healthy, which is a chore in itself for me it feels like, and i'm researching and i'm blogging daily and by the time allll of this is done between working full time hours at work and balancing a family, and spending time with the love of my life - i'm exhausted at the end of a day that i can barely keep my eyes open and i'm crashing..

i know some of you may understand on terms of fad diets, you've probably done them yourselves through life, and what we do here is a wonderful thing in my opinion, encouraging one another to be active, to eat healthy, offering tips and suggestions of things we have tried, and ALWAYS motivating one another to do it one step at a time..

So, i really need to find a way to separate myself from fad diets - while i don't believe in them because they've been horrible for me, i find a lot of anger within me for when they're successful for others.. i know for me, after i stopped doing what i did - i would gain all my weight back and for 'me' THIS works because i am maintaining and living a healthy lifestyle now, it's a lifetime commitment, this i know.. So while THAT feels good, why am i so ... jealous? or upset ? over people and the diets they choose that gives them such remarkable success..

i will admit, i choose to remain angry within.. Because for me, the anger over fad diets keeps me on track, and not wanting to do what they do, because i know it isn't successful for me to try those things - but what bothers me is how bummed out i got over my own progress.. 82 lbs lost so far is nothing to sneeze at, right? And i took my measurements yesterday, i lost an inch on my waist, an inch on my hips, an inch on my arms AND half an inch on my legs..i didn't even get happy about that, instead i was down on myself because i found myself wanting more, i think i got trapped in that envy of quick weight lost with someone else - and became seriously hard on myself..

But, in saying all of this, i had a successful day despite the being hard on myself, i still ate well, i still exercised... And - actually because of all of this i pushed myself so hard exercisewise, i almost hurt myself, which wasnt good either.. i went for an hour long walk around the lake, but that walk normally takes me almost an hour and a half, and then got home, ate lunch and popped in my DVD and did an hour of a power workout with Jillian, doing moves i can barely do usually and over pushing myself, at one point i was skipping and my ankle started hurting everytime i jumped on it and then on top of that i pulled a muscle in my back, which hurts.. it doesn't prevent me from exercising but everytime i move certain ways i feel that tug of pain and wouldnt take much for me to pull my back out i'm sure.. Did i stop? hell no, i got jogging on the treadmill for as long as i could stand and when that wasn't enough, i would get off, rest and then jump on again.. did this a few times and then some odd exercises in between.. When i realized what i was doing, again i got hard on myself, why are you doing this to yourself? Just seemed like a no win day for me, know what i mean?

Anyway, such a book, i'm so sorry.. Sometimes i just need to vent the frustration within, and i don't usually vent my frustration with anything, i try to keep it positive, always...because positive helps me, but this time i needed to release it in hopes that you all might understand and re-motivate me the healthy way , i need to lose the obsessive thoughts here and get back on the bandwagon - because w hat i am doing here , losing a couple lbs here and there, by living the healthy lifestyle coupled with HEALTHY amounts of exercise, is the right way to do this, just like you all...

Thanks again for this space, this healthy, supportive & motivating space, this post proves how much i need this space..

~~~
And also, Candace ((((huggggz))))
So sorry for the hateful email you received, i'm still blown away by that, but i can relate with some hateful things said to me as well but by family and who i thought were friends, nothing to that extent.. Shake it off, because you are doing SUCH a wonderful thing for yourself, and your improving health and growing self esteem proves that, each and every day!!! Keep doing what you do, and also i got my blog set up finally, and have added you on it, i will message you with my link soon.. ♥ Keep inspiring girl - you got this!!

Happy Hump Day Healthies! xox
So sorry for my vent, seriously.. ♥

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2012, 09:17 AM   #2946
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Sweet sylvie. All of us have tried fad diets. If they actually worked over the long haul, we would all be thin and wouldn't need this thread.

It is difficult and frustrating to just keep putting one foot in front of the other but even if we move 2 steps forward and one step back- we are still moving forward.

I am not discounting your feelings and can't tell you not to feel as you do today but we all know in our hearts that focusing on the numbers, instead of our health and forward movement is a set-up for all of us with eating disorders to somehow let ourselves fail.

You inspire me daily to keep my eye on my own prize and to keep that forward momentum going-regardless of how anyone else does.

I did not lose any weight yesterday but am happy because neither did I gain. I try to measure my success in tiny, little baby steps and just keep on, keeping on.

Hugs,

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2012, 09:27 AM   #2947
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
Sweet sylvie. All of us have tried fad diets. If they actually worked over the long haul, we would all be thin and wouldn't need this thread.

It is difficult and frustrating to just keep putting one foot in front of the other but even if we move 2 steps forward and one step back- we are still moving forward.

I am not discounting your feelings and can't tell you not to feel as you do today but we all know in our hearts that focusing on the numbers, instead of our health and forward movement is a set-up for all of us with eating disorders to somehow let ourselves fail.

You inspire me daily to keep my eye on my own prize and to keep that forward momentum going-regardless of how anyone else does.

I did not lose any weight yesterday but am happy because neither did I gain. I try to measure my success in tiny, little baby steps and just keep on, keeping on.

Hugs,
Anya (((hugggs)))

i do know that focusing on the numbers is a set up.. It's something i've been working on for some time now, and it's why i haven't been allowed to use certain things because of my obsession with the numbers.. i do feel i am doing much better than i used to...Yesterday, i stumbled and i'm trying to reel myself back in, that's hard to do sometimes..

It really amazes me how something so unrelated, and so different can cause one to stumble on their own journey.. What matters i think is that i 'do' know that what i am doing for myself is healthy for 'me' overall -- and that deep down i am proud of my progress, because i post about that all the time.. Just trying to shake this off, today and get myself back on track..

i do, however, know that maintaining is equally important - that's something i celebrate often as well.. You're doing FABulous hunny, proud of you!

So today, getting back on track... Venting it helped release it some & am getting out of the funk i was in yesterday -- i knew you could all help me get there, thanks for your support & words, and you inspire me as well, that's why we all keep coming back, to inspire one another, ♥

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2012, 09:52 AM   #2948
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Challenge Time!!
Thought this might be something good to try here, something i never do & should .. While we weigh ourselves and we take measurements, something we should be taking measurement of is our Resting Heart Rate..

This was a challenge yesterday in a daily challenge i do on a website called Me n' You Health..

Challenge:
Leave yourself a reminder to take your resting heart rate when you wake up tomorrow.

How To Do It:
Because the only time to accurately measure your resting heart rate is before you get out of bed in the morning, leave yourself a reminder tonight. Put a clock or watch with a second hand near your bed. In the morning, place your index and middle fingers directly beneath your ear or on the inside of your opposite wrist, just below the base of your thumb. Once you feel your pulse, count the beats for a full minute. If you count 70 beats, for example, your resting heart rate is 70 beats per minute (bpm).

Why It Matters:
Your resting heart rate is a measure of your basic physical fitness level. For an adult, a normal resting heart rate is between 60 to 100 beats per minute, or bpm. In general, healthy adults who are more physically fit have lower resting heart rates. However, your resting heart rate can be influenced by a variety of things, from stress and medications to body weight (if you're overweight, your heart has to work harder).

i will give this a try tomorrow morning!
Anyone do this regularly? Will be fun to see my progress with this as well, i think. i'd like to know i'm doing my heart good as well.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:52 AM   #2949
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I need ya boo, gotta see ya boo

Thanked 13,086 Times in 3,051 Posts
PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation

(((((((((sylvie))))))))))))))

Honey, I and I'm sure most of us here, completely understand where you are coming from about fad diets and the sucess/failure they bring.

I work with a lady at my 2nd job, that started some diet (something like Atkins or South Beach). She came in the other night, gushing that she had lost 12 pounds in a week on this diet. 12 pounds... holy crap! That took me a couple months on WW to do... and she did it in 7 days! Yeah, I found myself jealous and my negative self talk popped in my head, "damn, you suck Tonya. You've been doing this how many months, and you've only lost 30ish pounds!"

As more time went on, the more rational side of my brain started coming back into focus. In the beginning, it's easy to lose quite a bit of water weight... especially if you were never really a big water drinker. While 12 pounds in a week doesn't sound healthy TO ME, I have to be proud for her and hope that maybe just maybe this is the ideal plan for her.

sylvie, you have done so much positive work on yourself, and your journey continues to be motivation for all of us. There is nothing wrong with letting the negative out when it creeps in... releasing it enables us to move forward in a positive direction!
PinkieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2012, 10:10 AM   #2950
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkieLee View Post
(((((((((sylvie))))))))))))))

Honey, I and I'm sure most of us here, completely understand where you are coming from about fad diets and the sucess/failure they bring.

I work with a lady at my 2nd job, that started some diet (something like Atkins or South Beach). She came in the other night, gushing that she had lost 12 pounds in a week on this diet. 12 pounds... holy crap! That took me a couple months on WW to do... and she did it in 7 days! Yeah, I found myself jealous and my negative self talk popped in my head, "damn, you suck Tonya. You've been doing this how many months, and you've only lost 30ish pounds!"

As more time went on, the more rational side of my brain started coming back into focus. In the beginning, it's easy to lose quite a bit of water weight... especially if you were never really a big water drinker. While 12 pounds in a week doesn't sound healthy TO ME, I have to be proud for her and hope that maybe just maybe this is the ideal plan for her.

sylvie, you have done so much positive work on yourself, and your journey continues to be motivation for all of us. There is nothing wrong with letting the negative out when it creeps in... releasing it enables us to move forward in a positive direction!
It feels good to have the rational part of me coming back too, i really got stuck on this one, you did exactly w hat i did, with comparing to my own journey.. i think we all have to remember that some weeks we may lack motivation, some weeks we may lose less lbs, sometimes even NO lbs, and some weeks we may have to lean on others for motivation & support to keep at this - but in doing all of that, whether maintaining OR losing - it's the fact we're being good to our bodies and building so much more with our journeys.. Self esteem, positive thinking, we're taking chances and doing things we've never done before -- we're changing our lives, one step at a time.. THAT feels good ...

Definitely releasing that negative amongst you all was necessary for me, because i know you all have been there or could understand on some level - now i can bunch it all up and toss it behind me ..No more being hard on myself , just needed to reassure myself - stumbles can be so difficult sometimes..In saying all of this, i do hope that this person is making healthy choices for themselves, and that it all works.. i do know we're all different and some people can be successful with the different diets out there - i just always worry about what its doing to their bodies, because i remember what so many of them did for mine..For me, clean foods & exercise, it's slow & it's hard work, but i feel good about this.. ♥ (for me)

As i said i'm not sure why i let this make me feel small or that my progress wasn't enough.. i know looking back, i have made sooo many changes in my life and that alone should be something i am proud of.. And girl, 30'ish lbs is fantastic.. i remember when i lost my first 30 lbs, the changes i was already feeling within, was amazing.. You are on your way!! ♥ Congratulations for your progress so far Tonya, i love watching everyone's journey unfold, thats the thing i find most inspiring about you all.. Love it!

Old 01-18-2012, 11:25 AM   #2951
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,870 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Ai yi yi.

I have a lot brimming today so I'll probably talk a lot. Just skip me if it's irritating.

Just got back from my first in-person WW meeting here at work. The leader is pretty amazing and immediately talked about the messages we are fed as women and how different intersections can affect us. It was very empowering to hear her talk about the food messages she received as a female black child in the South and how she asked each of us to start dismantling our own messages.

Needless to say, I was prepared for some vapid idiot to bounce around and annoy me because the first WW meeting I ever attended was 15 years ago and the leader's name was "BITZI" (not kidding) and she bounced and giggled through her self-congratulating bullshit message of having made her goal and lost 14 pounds. It was gross and erasing as I sat there almost 100 pounds overweight at the time. She even talked about eating ice cubes to "stave off the hunger".

Our leader today is named Janice and she is a no bullshit GAW (grown ass woman) who realllly seems to get that there is a food addiction issue needing to be addressed and not just vanity bullshit. I was immediately in love with her and feel pretty energized.

Weigh in was 288, which is on track with my naked weigh in of 285 at home since she said to allow 2 - 3 pounds for clothing items.

Deep sigh of gratitude here.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2012, 12:06 PM   #2952
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

This will possibly be triggery to people who binge so skip this if you are feeling sensitive.

On Binging

I'm a binge eater. I come from a long line of binge eaters. This was something I wanted to really confront when I started this journey last April. I have confronted it and continue to confront it every day.

This morning, I has that dreaded "I binged last night" feeling. The chili I made was really good. I ate a bowl. Then I went back and ate another one even though I was full. Then late last night, I ate another 1/2 cup even though I was full.
On the WW plan, the points didnt put me over for my daily limit or anything and I didnt add cheese and sour cream like I normally do but I ate the chili like I used to eat cheeseburgers...greedily, gulping, and barely tasting it. Anything to get it packed in so that I can feel full as soon as possible.

The fact of the matter is that I've been having some sadness the past week. Last night, when I ate too much chili it was an attempt to get that feeling to go away. Don't get me wrong, I'm not in the "beating myself up" phase because it was chili, it wasnt Twinkies but still, I'd like to get a handle on that urge to stuff it all down.

Over all, I've done great with it. Have had 3 binges in the last 6 months. Have cleaned every closet and drawer in the house. Have caught up everything at work. Am working on getting needs for the Planet caught up. Everything is sliding into place. Hopefully the binging will be a thing of the past as well at some point.

* And this is where I took out a big ass paragraph about being remiss to write about this shit here because of haters out on the internet who do hateful shit with other people's vulberabilities, much like what happened to Candace, and that shit isn't worth my time, or yours.*

The plan is to keep morphing my mind. Overeating is not always a binge and sometimes eating way too much of something IS a binge if you're doing it to stop feeling.

It'll come together. I appreciate all of you.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2012, 01:11 PM   #2953
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

One of my biggest probs in staying on a food plan is there are times dureing the day I just feel like chowing down on about anything,it happends about 4pm or around 8 to 10pm.Im not hungry at all just want soemthing to crunch on or something sweet,I try to keep cllery or anything lo carb or lo cal with some kind of fat free homemade dip.We have some chocklate cream cookies in the kitchen....I bad wanted some not one,if I had started on them I would have eaten a whole bag with out a doubt.Insted I got some cellery and peminto cheese dip from the fridge to chew on...but I still want a cookie.Really its one of the times I want a ciggie,but its been over a year since I had one,I refuse to go there ever again.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2012, 01:30 PM   #2954
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Being a binger myself, i can relate Medusa..
i started this back in April as well, it's a difficult journey, indeed.

i find i struggle with portions, if i make something delicious, having a bowl and then putting the rest away is hard for me.. So i buy the containers i can portion them out - and then i'll freeze most of what's left.. Then i can take out a portion at a time and it seems to help with soups, chilis and that sort of thing ..

Also, i struggle with eating binge-style.. While i haven't binged in awhile, i do still tend to eat that way, when i'm not being mindful of it.. So, i try eating in a calm setting, no television is important for me, and i try and eat slowly, chewing each bite, putting my fork down, enjoying it.. Sounds silly, but just little things that work for me, or are working for me.. Because i am still working on these everyday. i feel like i'm retraining myself to eat, a little embarrassing, but necessary.

Also, as a binger, *for me* i have to keep in mind that while i've had many successful days, of not binging and remaining abstinent from foods i would consider my binge foods - i try and be mindful that stumbles can and do happen, without even realizing something is a trigger .. i know it's a lifetime struggle..

And i agree, the haters just aren't worth our time.. It's why we all come together on a thread like this, and pass that positive energy along to one another - because we're worth it.. i will say this, however.. If i ever get to the size i want to be, or get to a place where i know i am 100% happy within about my accomplishments and know i'm where i need to be - not ever, will i ever *not* encourage someone on their journey, because i know how it felt, and i will always be super sensitive to it..Because on the inside, i'm me, always, and want to be able to inspire someone, because i'm passionate about paying it forward..

Ahh, this thread, always makes me think & learn & find ways to move forward..LOVE that..

Blessings, all!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2012, 04:23 PM   #2955
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

EEEEEEK!

I just signed up for bellydance classes!

EEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2012, 04:35 PM   #2956
Cowboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Holding My Red Circle

1 Highscore

Thanked 3,962 Times in 1,230 Posts
Cowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Today is leg day....
I'm off to the gym.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:12 PM   #2957
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,617 Times in 1,559 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

Hello Healthy People

I love reading the posts in this thread, yay for each and every step that you've all taken!

I fell out of my gym routine and my nutritionist recommended eating plan over the holidays. I wasn't *horrid*, I made it to the gym a few times and I only over-indulged a few times between Thanksgiving and New Years. But I really lost my momentum.

I managed to maintain my weight (with 3lbs fluctuation in either direction) during those 6 weeks. But I've hit a weight loss plateau since my hip injury in November. I feel frustrated and I've been struggling with daily motivation and consistency.

My annual winter inertia has set in, good and proper.

I'm not a new years resolution type person, but I do try to make time to reflect on the year that closes: to consider what I want more of and what I want less of in the year to come.

This year I want to continue making small every day healthy changes and choices. I want to cook more for *myself*. I want to run more, do more pilates and dance more (around the kitchen while i cook, if need be)... and I want to read more, listen to more music, go to the cinema more. I want to go to bed at a more reasonable hour, more often.

And to those ends, today I have made a big change that I believe will help me continue progressing in my healthy lifestyle, I have cut the cable television umbilical core. No more 300-gazillion channels of mostly crap programming. No more on-demand everything. No more HGTV as "company". No more glazed eyed channel flipping. No more staying up too late watching repeats of Project Runway or the same 5 episodes of Criminal Minds.

In reflecting upon how I was spending my (non-work) time I was a little disgusted with how much time I spent on the sofa in front of the telly. For over 15years of my life I didn't have cable television and I thrived. I went out and did things (whatever the weather), I read a few books a month, I tried new things, I walked places, I wrote long emails to far away friends, I discovered new foods and new films and new music... I spent more time with my friends.

So as of today, I've cut my television service back to only the most basic of channels a handful of local stations for the news and PBS.

I think I might experience some withdrawl symptoms, especially this weekend when its cold and dark and snowy...

But ultimately I think eliminating this (mostly) mindless distraction is going to give me the motivation I need to get to the gym more, to cook more, to read more...

/and that is where I'm at!
Old 01-18-2012, 06:14 PM   #2958
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,947 Times in 3,418 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Posting the quotes from Jack LaLanne got me curious to see if there were any videos online of his show from the 60's...found them on his website. They've got 6 weeks of shows. i've started working out with Jack and love it. The first week is awesome, especially if you haven't exercised in a while...
http://www.jacklalanne.com/watch-jack/
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2012, 06:23 PM   #2959
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Oh i would LOVE to do belly dancing!!!!!! I remember, back in my college days, i took a beginners class. It was so freaking fun!!!!

I love the outfits and the jewelry too. Those waist chains are gorgeous.

I ventured into cooking fish today. Now, you have to know, i've never been a real cook. I raised two boys, i know how to cook a mean meatloaf and the basic southern stuff, fried chicken, fried okra, fried fried fried. Not exactly what you would call healthy.

Since we started out healthy eating plan on Jan 1, i've ventured into learning all sorts of recipes. I even have a file of recipes now and i've got a couple of fantastic healthy eating recipe books. Tonight menu was baked Salmon and omg it was so freaking good.

I never really enjoyed cooking until i started getting in to it. Planning new things to try and knowing they are healthy. Also, having the right cooking items helps. I was blessed to receive a NuWave and have really updated my kitchen in the past month.

Who knew .....cooking can be fun!!!!!

Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2012, 06:24 PM   #2960
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,947 Times in 3,418 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Tonight's dinner is a 4oz Flounder fillet (Found some individually packaged in the freezer section of my grocery store for $1.39 each!) baked in a foil pouch over 2 cups sliced yellow squash, topped with 2 TBSP hot & spicy salsa, sealed and baked at 450 for 25 minutes...160 calories, 5g of healthy fat and 19g of lean protein...yummy!
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post: