Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,958 Times in 13,923 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfMadeMan View Post
So I decided I want to photograph that old one room school house every season and make a nice collage of it, so I went by there yesterday and got the one below. I like it, but need to go back today and get it from the same angle as the original (summer) photo... but here it is on a cool, grey fall day...

Yes and I got that feeling of *cool* (as in fall) when I looked at this picture, that is something that always catches me when I look at a picture, is if I get a feeling, like happy, sad, sorrow, dark, cold, warm etc....
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:31 AM   #282
Stacy

How Do You Identify?:
Queer

Stacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_dee View Post

Thanks and I have always been a fan of your work.

So I have this little cute 9 week old pup, I can't get her to keep still! It's been raining daily so the lighting is awful, what can I do to get some good shots of her? Wait until she is sleeping??? lol
When I photograph my animals indoors I usually use off camera lighting.
Here is one I did of my Chihuahua, Pixi.

We gave her a bath, let her run around, then snuggled her until she got sleepy, then I had Michael stand behind me with her favorite treat, cheese. LOL Then I just had to snap fast. I love photographing our furkids, but it is definitely a challenge. I'll take furkids over infants & toddlers any day though.

http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/q...star_green.gif

Last edited by Stacy; 10-21-2011 at 09:34 AM.
Stacy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stacy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2011, 10:02 AM   #283
Rook

How Do You Identify?:
A.G - Stone Butch - GenderFuck
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym, Hyz...or, just b respectable, it's not that hard..

Thanked 3,183 Times in 1,287 Posts
Rook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST Reputation

-subscribes-
(will post random photogs later)
Old 10-21-2011, 07:58 PM   #284
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy View Post
When I photograph my animals indoors I usually use off camera lighting.
Here is one I did of my Chihuahua, Pixi.

We gave her a bath, let her run around, then snuggled her until she got sleepy, then I had Michael stand behind me with her favorite treat, cheese. LOL Then I just had to snap fast. I love photographing our furkids, but it is definitely a challenge. I'll take furkids over infants & toddlers any day though.

And a good shot it is! The lighting in this old farmhouse is terrible, so I use my hotshoe flash a lot, and never like the results, I will try to find more lighting!

BTW my pups name is *Dixi * lol
Old 11-04-2011, 08:50 AM   #285
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

Hello Photogs.....

I am this (-) close to purchasing a Canon Rebel T3i. Does any one have one or have any experience with it's previous model the Rebel T2i?

I have several click and shoot cameras, but they don't always allow for the kind of photographs I want. I want to be able to control my depth of field.

This Canon seems to be an excellent starter D-SLR, I'd appreciate any input.

Thanks!
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:19 AM   #286
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow band View Post
Hello Photogs.....

I am this (-) close to purchasing a Canon Rebel T3i. Does any one have one or have any experience with it's previous model the Rebel T2i?

I have several click and shoot cameras, but they don't always allow for the kind of photographs I want. I want to be able to control my depth of field.

This Canon seems to be an excellent starter D-SLR, I'd appreciate any input.

Thanks!
If your point and shoots have manual mode then you can control your Dof.
Old 11-04-2011, 02:18 PM   #287
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubus View Post
If your point and shoots have manual mode then you can control your Dof.
I thought the Sony might...but NO!....the Sony is pretty old, and still pretty big for a point and shoot, but it takes good pictures. Then I started to get into *pocket sized* they serve a purpose. I'm really missing my 35 mm days. I swear I have a camera for every year I have lived

Thanks to all those tips left in rep comments ~ I had no idea so much info fit in there~ I'll keep looking. This is supposed to be the Christmas for Cameras!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2011, 02:24 PM   #288
SoNotHer

How Do You Identify?:
Professional Sandbagger and Jenga Zumba Instructor

Location: In the master control room of my world domination dreams
Thanked 4,736 Times in 1,409 Posts
SoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST Reputation

The Sony A100 is my DSLR. And I've been very happy with it for a couple reasons, but I will have to look into the DOF more this weekend to answer your question.

Sadly, I dropped the camera getting out of a train seat this summer. The image stabilizer was affected, and I was a given a $350 repair estimate by the local camera shop, which I declined. There is a depth of field preview button, and some have found the 1/4000 max shutter "limiting" for DOF.

Quote:
I thought the Sony might...but NO!....the Sony is pretty old, and still pretty big for a point and shoot, but it takes good pictures. Then I started to get into *pocket sized* they serve a purpose. I'm really missing my 35 mm days. I swear I have a camera for every year I have lived

Thanks to all those tips left in rep comments ~ I had no idea so much info fit in there~ I'll keep looking. This is supposed to be the Christmas for Cameras!
SoNotHer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SoNotHer For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2011, 02:30 PM   #289
Stacy

How Do You Identify?:
Queer

Stacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST Reputation

My DSLR is a Canon 7D, but I have a Sony Cybershot P&S, and I use the camera on my iPhone a lot.

http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/q...star_green.gif
Stacy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stacy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2011, 02:49 PM   #290
Ms. Tabitha

How Do You Identify?:
Hey Lady
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female
Relationship Status:
Married ~ 4-1-13

Thanked 3,582 Times in 1,041 Posts
Ms. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST Reputation

I adore my Canon SX 30 IS. I have always taken photos of nature and have been lucky with the lighting. I recently started taking pictures of my grandchildren and I am having difficulty with lighting. I have used the flash, and the result is a very bright child. I have tried turning on other lights and the result is a yellowish tint. Any suggestions?
Ms. Tabitha is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ms. Tabitha For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2011, 02:57 PM   #291
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Tabitha View Post
I adore my Canon SX 30 IS. I have always taken photos of nature and have been lucky with the lighting. I recently started taking pictures of my grandchildren and I am having difficulty with lighting. I have used the flash, and the result is a very bright child. I have tried turning on other lights and the result is a yellowish tint. Any suggestions?
That's a HIGH END point and shoot.....can you turn Auto off?

My dinosaur Sony point and shoot, allowed me to activate the red eye sensor with a half click, this sent some internal signal to the camera brain (for lack of technical verbage) and the lighting came out perfectly (with or with out flash) however, it was an ALL auto camera. Is this any help?
The Following User Says Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2011, 02:59 PM   #292
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Tabitha View Post
Somewhere in the menus you'll find a function that controls the intensity of the onboard flash...possibly cobble together a diffusing filter for the flash too - I've used a cigarette paper before. You also possibly need to play with your white balance in accordance to the type of artificial lighting you're using.

ETA. I'm a Nikon chap all the way. The consumer level Nikon glass is best IMO. In the pro glass market the brands are much of a muchness.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2011, 03:07 PM   #293
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

[QUOTE=Incubus;454927]snip - I've used a cigarette paper before.

I've used them too. Some of my best *work* was done when I was using them.

sorry, I couldn't resist
Old 11-04-2011, 05:22 PM   #294
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

I love my Canon 60D !!!!
Old 11-04-2011, 05:48 PM   #295
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_dee View Post
I love my Canon 60D !!!!
Nice!...Now, this isn't your first DSLR is it Dee? Would you suggest this to an old 35 mm shutterbug who is just learning D-SLR?
Old 11-04-2011, 05:51 PM   #296
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Nice!...Now, this isn't your first DSLR is it Dee? Would you suggest this to an old 35 mm shutterbug who is just learning D-SLR?
NO. I would not..... lol........

My question would be why do you want a DSLR? I sold more photos with my point and shoot, just by being in the right place right time than my very expensive set up!
Old 11-04-2011, 05:52 PM   #297
Daktari

As they say, it's not the camera that takes the picture it's the person looking in the viewfinder that takes them.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2011, 05:56 PM   #298
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
As they say, it's not the camera that takes the picture it's the person looking in the viewfinder that takes them.

Yes and to be honest, I almost find it insulting when someone says *oh nice picture, I wish I had a nice camera like yours*...

I laugh when I whip out the point and shoot from my back pocket and say... *like this?*
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2011, 05:57 PM   #299
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Quote:

LOL, TRUE...but the wrong camera can ruin the right person's photo opportunity.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:03 PM   #300
Daktari

Quote:
LOL, TRUE...but the wrong camera can ruin the right person's photo opportunity.
I would love a rangefinder (if only I could afford a Leica). Keeping it old school and simple. Less choice, more creativity. S'why I favour fixed glass. Too much choice and decisions to make with a zoom (although I do own a couple)

We all work differently though.

A good picture is about framing and composition not how many megapixels or 'modes' yer camera has.

Last edited by Daktari; 11-04-2011 at 06:06 PM. Reason: stuff to add.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: