Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 07-25-2011, 11:29 AM   #301
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,744 Times in 5,090 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Cold Radish soup sounds great! What recipe do you use? Thank you in advance!
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:02 PM   #302
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,625 Times in 2,281 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default Quest

Hi Veggie People,

A while back I asked the question, "How has being veggie/vegan changed you?"

I'll answer that question as much as I know myself tonight...First I'll say that I had no intention of stopping the eating of meat, no. What I remember is someone suggesting I see the video "Earthling". I did, and its changed my life.

Before watching this video, I thought I ate a healthy, little did I know that the way I ate meat also contributed to cruelty, and a completely unsustainable way of eating/life. Who knew?! I sure didn't.

I watched "Earthlings", and all the cruelty, pain, and unfairness I have ever personally known in my own life became clear, so very clear to me in the lives, and deaths of the animals that we kill so unmercifully.

So, I decided then and there that I would only eat veggies, and I have since then found clarity, some form of redemption in knowing the truth, the ugly truth of what is done to the other animals in the guise of making them our "food".

Personally, I had already been on a personal quest to survive a major loss (too personal to discuss here), and this realization of the cruelty and the unsustainablility of factory farming put, "the icing on the cake" for me.

This is a rather long story, and I won't bore you with it all, but suffice to say that as I return home, I return a changed person. A person that has known cruelty, taken and given, and a person who has stopped it, in all ways I am different.

Clarity brings with it responsibility. I leave on Monday with the goal of looking and revising the path of my life, as much as I have control over it, and of creating a life based on love for life, love for myself, and my family, friends.

The "work" I do in the World is changed as well...though remnants of my old life must be shown, the new images are here as well. Not a new life, new Self, but a Self new to this World. A World based on love.

This, I know sounds like I should be posting on "Listening...to..." thread, yet my words are most appropriate here, the thread where my new beginning took place.

I will be posting music, green smoothies, etc. as much as I feel right until Sunday night. Monday I leave for home and will be there for a long while.

I wish you all good health, and healthy eating, clarity of Self, and as my friend YB says, "Your body will thank you for it."

Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2011, 06:44 AM   #303
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default Green juice Green smoothie

Good morning Veggie People,

While having my green smoothie am posting a video that may be
helpful to anyone who is beginning to, or wanting to begin juicing or
making green smoothies

This morning's green smoothie after my short run

organic, vegan protein powder
banana

green chard
broccoli

raspberries
strawberries

flax seed oil

Vit C

H2O

Enjoy your day, Greco

I do both, but have found that blending greens
help me to feel full, and I enjoy the creaminess
as well.

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2011, 07:37 AM   #304
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation
Default for in movement there is life....

Good Morning Greco

We will be heading to the farmers market soon, the weather is bearable today. Chard is *in season* and something I only see a couple weeks out of the year.

As you no doubt know, I am an extremely early riser (4:45 each day, my alarm kat became accumstomed to my prior occupation requiring me to start very early, and he likes every one up at this hour) I really do not mind. So I roasted my coffee beans for our deck ritual with the neighbors.
We were on the river with our kayaks as the sun rose. What a great way to start your day. I really need to get into the habit of carrying around my camera again. You'll love this. I took a thermos kayaking with us, and when we got to our spot where we *float* I whipped out the thermos. A. thought we were having coffee. I pulled out the frozen grapes...they were half frozen. Now guess who is loving the half frozen grapes

We were back home in plenty of time for coffee with the neighbors. They don't start getting up until 8:30 ish....

Another great video. I couldn't help but notice how the facilitator said her mom says over and over HOW SHE FEELS FANTASTIC. Having come from my death bed to a life full of life, and always looking for more information
on how to be 100% alive (look at Jack Lalane (sp) for example)....your signature line says it all. (very nice, by the way.)

I certainly will miss your informative posts and your deep thoughts. You may not know, that I secrectly stalk your music posts. I'm not exclusively a rock an roll lover. You can tell alot about a person, by their music. I think so, anyhow. As I love music, and I love art. Art has many forms. Music is a form of art.

Enjoy your Hiatus from the fast lane.....continue to take good care of yourself, your body will thank you for it. I find it very intriguing how you speak of mental clarity. You get yours while awake. I get mine, while asleep. That tells me clairity can come differently to any of us. I'm so grateful for peaceful sleep.

I'll look for your departing posts, Sounds like you are in a great place as you are heading home. I'm glad your work is done. Some people never get to say that.

Be well, I'll look forward to sharing smoothie blends when you return from hiatus!

YB

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2011, 05:06 PM   #305
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default green chard

YB,

Your morning sounds wonderful, on the water, thermos (frozen grapes) in hand...another set of early birds you three...alarm Kat, you, and yours...I'm glad to think of you guys up when I'm out running, or at the gym...

and the green, and rainbow chard is out and beautiful it gives the green smoothie a sweet taste delicious

this woman has some very informative videos on youtube I recommend folks check them out if they care to

YB, I won't embarrass you by saying how sweet you are, no I won't...just know that you are...One of the qualities I admire most about you is that you teach by example...you are a power of example for me and others about how to live well, live fully, and have a great time doing it...I will miss you but I know that you will continue all you do so well and look forward to re connecting when I return.

and you can secretly stalk my music all you want...tonight I'm posting several so enjoy...smiling Greco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow band View Post
Good Morning Greco

We will be heading to the farmers market soon, the weather is bearable today. Chard is *in season* and something I only see a couple weeks out of the year.

As you no doubt know, I am an extremely early riser (4:45 each day, my alarm kat became accumstomed to my prior occupation requiring me to start very early, and he likes every one up at this hour) I really do not mind. So I roasted my coffee beans for our deck ritual with the neighbors.
We were on the river with our kayaks as the sun rose. What a great way to start your day. I really need to get into the habit of carrying around my camera again. You'll love this. I took a thermos kayaking with us, and when we got to our spot where we *float* I whipped out the thermos. A. thought we were having coffee. I pulled out the frozen grapes...they were half frozen. Now guess who is loving the half frozen grapes

We were back home in plenty of time for coffee with the neighbors. They don't start getting up until 8:30 ish....

Another great video. I couldn't help but notice how the facilitator said her mom says over and over HOW SHE FEELS FANTASTIC. Having come from my death bed to a life full of life, and always looking for more information
on how to be 100% alive (look at Jack Lalane (sp) for example)....your signature line says it all. (very nice, by the way.)

I certainly will miss your informative posts and your deep thoughts. You may not know, that I secrectly stalk your music posts. I'm not exclusively a rock an roll lover. You can tell alot about a person, by their music. I think so, anyhow. As I love music, and I love art. Art has many forms. Music is a form of art.

Enjoy your Hiatus from the fast lane.....continue to take good care of yourself, your body will thank you for it. I find it very intriguing how you speak of mental clarity. You get yours while awake. I get mine, while asleep. That tells me clairity can come differently to any of us. I'm so grateful for peaceful sleep.

I'll look for your departing posts, Sounds like you are in a great place as you are heading home. I'm glad your work is done. Some people never get to say that.

Be well, I'll look forward to sharing smoothie blends when you return from hiatus!

YB

Old 07-30-2011, 09:23 PM   #306
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

BB had a smoothie for lunch today:

frozen blueberries (3/4 cup)
ice (4 cubes)
unsweetened soy milk (1/3 cup)
O% Greek yogurt (1 cup)
1 banana
golden flax seed (ground), 1-2 tablespoons

Thumbs up

BB has not yet achieved a delicious coffee smoothie, so, YB, if you ever figure that one out, let us know
Old 07-31-2011, 09:12 AM   #307
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default Veggie loving athletes

Morning Veggie People,

Here's two videos for those of you who work-out, info on post-work out smoothies. Both these guys give valuable info on their channels on youtube if you want to see more.

My post-run smoothie this am:

strawberries
bananas

green chard lots
protein powder
berry powder
soy milk

Vit C
aloe vera
H20

refreshing, delicious

YB, way to go today! Keep doing what your doing my friend, Greco

ps I do not sell vitamixes, or anything else for that matter...smiling

Old 07-31-2011, 09:42 AM   #308
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

***Shamelessly bumping my question***

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfembbw View Post
Cold Radish soup sounds great! What recipe do you use? Thank you in advance!
Old 07-31-2011, 09:43 AM   #309
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

*** also bumping this one ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfembbw View Post
Hey, Greco,

What is the Vitamin D3 for?
Thanks, as always, to YB and Greco and others, for your sage ideas and information. These videos have been great!
Old 07-31-2011, 12:17 PM   #310
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default nyc...D3

nyc, here you go...this site has a lot of info which may interest folks.

the link will take you to a page where you can hear an hour long discussion
on D3.

Greco

http://truthandfreedom.podbean.com/m...edom011411.mp3

“The Miracle of Vitamin D3” with Rick Shalvoy

Rick helps us explore the amazing benefits of Vitamin D in its proper form and the threat posed to it by the FDA just because of its great healing properties. He is pioneering a great Vitamin D3 educational campaign with his colleague Dr. Albert Sanchez, www.worldschoiceproducts.com.

Rick Shalvoy completed his first Row for a Cure -- A Fight Against Cancer only to find himself diagnosed with malignant melanoma fighting for his own life.

He completed his second annual Row for a Cure in July, 1998, and three months later Rick achieved complete remission using Poly MVA and has remained cancer free since October 1998. Currently working as a health industry consultant/writer, Rick devotes most of his time to the fight against cancer and to helping other athletes utilize their respective sports for charity. Learn more at his website: http://CancerAssistanceCenter.org

The Following User Says Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2011, 06:04 AM   #311
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation
Default Anne Hathaway

The filming of the new Batman movie wraps up this week end. Anne Hathaway (and two doubles) she disclosed, have been playing the part of Catwoman. During this interview, Anne talked about being a vegetarian and
surviving the heat and long hours in costume, during shoot, (in part) by drinking green smoothies made of kale, chard and assorted DUSTS.made me wonder what dusts.

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2011, 12:06 PM   #312
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,138 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

I saw this on a friend's FB and it looked good
So, here I am sharing the recipe with all of you

Sweet Potato Recipe with Beets, Greens and Almonds

Total Prep & Cook Time 30 Min.

4 Servings

Nutrition Data Per Serving, 116g: 152 calories, 15g carbohydrate, 9g fat, 123mg sodium,
4g dietary fiber, 5g protein, 4g sugars, low in Cholesterol, good source of Vit C, Vit E,
Magnesium & Manganese, very good source of Vit A & K. Estimated glycemic load: 10
Ingredients:

3 inch whole beet, peeled and match stick sliced
1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut in 1 inch cubes
1/4 cup (approx 40 almonds) blanched whole or slivered
1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
4 cups chopped chard or kale (1 or 2 bunches)
1 T oil
1 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp ground fennel seed
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp dried thyme leaf
Optional Sauce:
1 cup water reserved from steaming
1 Tbsp arrowroot powder
1 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp salt

Directions:

Preheat oven to 300 degrees
Spread the almonds and pumpkin seeds on a cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes or until lightly toasted
Prep the beets and sweet potatoes
Steam separately or side by side in a steamer basket for 15 minutes, or until tender
Wash the greens, remove the leaves from the stems and chop in 2 inch pieces
Fry the spices in oil for 1 minute, then add the greens and stir fry until wilted
Turn heat to medium/low and stir in the steamed beets, sweet potatoes, almonds and pumpkin seeds
Optional Sauce: Dissolve arrowroot powder in 1/4 cup cold water. Whisk the arrowroot mixture,
curry powder and salt into the hot veggie steaming water until the arrowroot thickens
Pour over the veggies, stir, and serve

Cooking Tips

You'll need a heavy weight, wide bottomed 6 quart pot or dutch oven for this recipe.

The advantage of pre-steamng the beets and sweet potatoes:
When you mix them with the greens at the end of cooking,
they keep their color, which makes the dish very pretty.

If you're in a hurry, skip toasting the almonds and pumpkin seeds, but add them anyway for crunch,
flavor and eye appeal, plus protein, fiber, vitamins, minerals, etc.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2011, 06:22 PM   #313
chanale

How Do You Identify?:
femme

chanale is on a distinguished road

That sounds like a recipe I'd enjoy!

I have been incredibly slack for the past six months about cooking, but I have a plan for the coming week--I picked out four recipes from Isa Chandra Moskovitz's Appetite for Reduction--the sushi roll edamame salad sounds delish.
chanale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chanale For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2011, 05:17 PM   #314
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default Dinner

sauteed Portobello mushrooms

with kale carrots ginger garlic

over spelt

Moroccan green mint tea

Greco

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2011, 05:48 AM   #315
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

OMGoodness, welcome back friend. Hope all has been well.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:49 PM   #316
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default time

YB! I am well...you haven't stopped the green smoothies have you?! Better not...but the Fall is here so time for soups, and warm green smoothies...hope you've enjoyed your Summer...until later or 430am my friend.

Greco

Old 10-06-2011, 04:11 PM   #317
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Quote:
Originally Posted by greco View Post
YB! I am well...you haven't stopped the green smoothies have you?! Better not...Greco
WoW! Two of my favorite people re appear in the same day.

As for green smoothies. No I have not stopped, nor will I.

You know Greco, I have to take this medicine (poison) to control these nasty migraines I get. My neurologist ran a complete blood count on me as this medicine (poison) can turn on you and eat your platelets. No worries. It's not eating mine. She commented to me that my Iron count was 84 and that was beyond excellent for a vegetarian. So she asked my secret. I told her I drink green smoothies and eat a mostly raw diet. First she complimented me by saying Thats why you look so young, and then she explained to me that Iron carries oxygen to all the cells in your body. The more iron, the more oxygen.

Training for a mini Tri (a Halloween Fun thing) It shouldn't be called a Tri, except it's three events. Run, Trail bike ride, and kayak race (time trail)
Guess who else entered!!

Yes, I'll look for you at 4:30 ish. Welcome back..Oh, I forgot to say...I'm still growing things in my sqare foot gardens (round three) GREEN ACRES IS THE PLACE TO BE......(sorry)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2011, 02:47 AM   #318
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default morning

off to the gym in a couple of mins still dark out
green smoothie in hand...smoothies are delicious
and nutritiously age defying YB but you already know
that...the iron/oxygen fact is interesting I wasn't aware
of that...do know that the smoothies and the exercise
have had a transformative effect on my sense of clarity,
and physical fitness...I'm loving it.

Well, time to get going...have a great day, Greco

Old 10-16-2011, 07:36 AM   #319
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Default The magic of roasted root vegetable soup

Roasted Root Vegetable Soup
5 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
5 parsnips, peeled and roughly chopped
1 small butternut swash, peeled, seeded and roughly chopped
2 leeks, washed and sliced (white and light green parts only)
1 medium onion, peeled and sliced
2 whole heads of garlic, tops removed and skins left on
¼ cup olive or canola oil
2 teaspoons sea salt
Fresh ground pepper
4 cups veggie stock
½ cup light cream
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Place the carrots, parsnips, butternut squash, leeks, onions and garlic on a large unlined baking sheet.
Drizzle the olive oil over the vegetables, sprinkle on the salt and a few grinds of pepper, and toss everything together ensuring the veggies are evenly coated with oil and spices, and laying flat on the tray.
Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until the leeks and onions are golden brown and the root vegetables are fork-tender.
Remove the vegetables from the oven and transfer them to a stock pot or dutch oven. Cover the soup with the stock and puree using an immersion blender. Alternately, puree the roasted vegetables and stock in a blender, and transfer to the pot.
Add the cream and warm the soup, lightly seasoning if needed. Serve warm with fresh bread or topped with crumbled feta.

Susbtitute vegetables as you please. I am still growing root veggies. Also, they are STILL very affordable at the market and this CAN be frozen.

ONE OTHER SUGGESTION: Instead of adding stock and turning into soup,
use immersion blender, ot your actual blender and puree the roasted vegetables and you will have a wonderful FRESH and fat free dip for a
football crudites. Very easy!
The Following User Says Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2011, 09:49 AM   #320
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default Psychic Green Folk

YB,

I now KNOW your psychic...I have been pondering winter soups(you know why I cannot look online)...and you've given it to me this am...this sounds delicious.

So, I'm adding carrots to my green smoothie now filling filling filling

this am
green smoothie

carrots
ginger(warming)
tons of spinach
broccoli

juiced celery juice
apples

and H2O

makes enough for before and
after 5mi run in park on this
gorgeous Fall morning

turning 60 is exciting and
I'm grateful for all I've
discovered since viewing
"Earthlings" on youtube

sending you green thoughts this day, Greco
yes I am weird sometimes...smiling

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post: