Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 04-01-2012, 10:08 AM   #3561
Scuba

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Flying Solo

Thanked 8,048 Times in 1,618 Posts
Scuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST Reputation

Banana, toast with honey, my vitamins and, the best part, a cup of coffee

Someone made a comment about how one's stomach shrinks when we get into the habit of reducing the portions we eat. I have to agree with this. The portion sizes at most restaurants are enough for two meals. I use to clean my plate. Since cutting back on the amount I consume I can't do this anymore and just box it up for lunch the next day.

~~Bob Richardson~~
Scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Scuba For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2012, 10:58 AM   #3562
JoSchmooze

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, hym, mister or "sir", like I get called by strangers!

Thanked 10,989 Times in 1,627 Posts
JoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST Reputation

Aha!!
I was the ONLY one at the gym this
morning.....no one to bug me in the circuit
or waiting for the elliptical..
The Freckles wanted the dawg park so
here we are....

JoSchmooze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JoSchmooze For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2012, 12:02 PM   #3563
Lady_Di

How Do You Identify?:
Homo sapien

Thanked 1,486 Times in 315 Posts
Lady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoSchmooze View Post
Aha!!
I was the ONLY one at the gym this
morning.....no one to bug me in the circuit
or waiting for the elliptical..
The Freckles wanted the dawg park so
here we are....
I love that when that happens!

Especially when I have the whole pool to myself. I have always wanted my very own private pool... :-)
Lady_Di is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lady_Di For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2012, 12:07 PM   #3564
Lady_Di

How Do You Identify?:
Homo sapien

Lady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba View Post

Someone made a comment about how one's stomach shrinks when we get into the habit of reducing the portions we eat. I have to agree with this. The portion sizes at most restaurants are enough for two meals. I use to clean my plate. Since cutting back on the amount I consume I can't do this anymore and just box it up for lunch the next day.
This is sooooo true!

In fact many restaurant portions are even more than for 2!

Super Size Me was a terrific movie, I bought it when it came out as I working as a health educator/advocate/liason. I bought it and made sure every RN and health educator (who were usually Masters level or beyond) got to see it. It made such a huge impact on me.

Really illuminates the addictive quality of much of what we consume.

I know food is most certainly mood altering for me, anyways!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lady_Di For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2012, 06:09 PM   #3565
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,799 Times in 25,671 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandScout View Post

Day to day changes aren't indicators as much as long-term change.
Comparing day 1 to day 2 might say a lot about where you are in your cycle, retaining fluid, and foods that cause bloating—temporary changes—but comparing day 1 to day 10 could say something about permanent change.

I gain as much as four pounds before my period. I can start out with comfortable clothes in the morning and while eating sensibly, experience bloating that makes my waistband pinch by the end of any given day, and I can have a difference of two pounds from day to day.

It makes me feel crazy, like I'm not in control. But if I compare numbers over the longer periods of time, I feel reassured that my efforts are making slow, healthy, long-term change happen.

That's also how I get myself to stop beating myself up, if I binge on any given day. I tell myself, It was a bad day, but it was a day out of ten good days. That often (but not always), makes me feel better.

I think it sounds like you're in a good place. What's your goal? Are you fairly close to it?
My point wasn't the actual logging of the weight, but the fact that my scale is a little twisted.

I've got a ways to go. Again. I've lost this 30lbs already and it came back on me.

I always weigh myself at the same time and always after using the restroom and before I eat breakfast so it minimizes the fluctuations that, as you mentioned, do happen.

My highest weight was 178, so getting back down under the 170 mark is important to me. It takes my weight out of the 'danger, danger Will Robinson' level and goes back down to level orange or something.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2012, 06:41 PM   #3566
LadyRain

How Do You Identify?:
StoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey You.!!
Relationship Status:
very stuck...

LadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST Reputation

I was in Hawai'i in Dec, and the fresh pineapple was sooo wonderful and only 99 cent each!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
Good morning healthies

I'm starting the day off with black coffee and fresh pineapple...one of the joys of living in south Florida where fresh delicious pineapple is at the farmers market almost all the time and not at all expensive. Rooster and I both love it, especially for breakfast.

The scale is holding steady but I know I am building muscle and shrinking in inches, so I'm not worried about it. These things take time, and positive changes are happening even in a stressful time that would normally have me running for the Coke and Snickers.

I'm so glad to see so many people in here....and hello and welcome to anyone I may have missed. It helps so much to hear about people successes (and challenges) and to share tips and ideas. Just love it.

Hugs to you all!
Old 04-01-2012, 07:20 PM   #3567
Lady_Di

How Do You Identify?:
Homo sapien

I get paid this week, thinking fresh pineapple will be in my cart...

I am so easily suggestable, sometimes~

Did anyone see 60 minutes tonight, the story about Sugar was exactly on target imo. The key for me is less processed, minimal processing if possible, no processing. It is sort of an off shoot of Paleo, fresh, organic and lots of colour.

anyone else positively addicted to organic frozen blueberries?

I swear they are better than any ice cream I have ever had in my life! They will also be in my cart. All the usual suspects. I hear there is a bumper crop of strawberries and I can eat them til I get sick I love em so. But today I my stomach has really shrunk, so I will not be eating them the way I used to eat em.

the Greeks were right as usual, Moderation in All Things...

even moderation~

does that mean I have to share my pineapple?

Last edited by Lady_Di; 04-01-2012 at 07:21 PM. Reason: and strawberries freeze really really well... best slushies ever!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lady_Di For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2012, 08:06 PM   #3568
LadyRain

How Do You Identify?:
StoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey You.!!
Relationship Status:
very stuck...

LadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST Reputation

I saw the 60minute report... this is what I think ::; I am a history buff, I brought a 1777 home back to almost original inside and out., I was in Rev.war re-enactment group. I have read and studied the 18th century for many years. Why I bring this up is because i have also read about food and diet. The only sweeteners were honey (limited) and cane sugar brought here from the West Indies. There were a few other sweet things from the garden, now used to make stevia. Cancer was as prevalent then as it is now! Although there were no preservatives, salt was used to preserve meats and fish. Imagine the salt intake!! People were not as heavy then because of two reasons. Everyone worked hard! I made many meals in a hearth, and that kind of cooking is time consuming and back breaking work. People ate what was in season, and in moderation. Corn was the size of a mans thumb, not like it is today. The only fresh meat all year was chicken, duck, partridge, goose and then only when there were too many males, or a hen was too old to lay eggs anymore.Hogs and beef were butchered in the fall. Lambs late spring. Wild animals when they could be hunted. No one drank water, they made mede and beer, and you could drink the beer all day and not get drunk, like beer today. People burned off what they ate. They also ate a lot of butter and animal fats, and breads. One pot meals were the norm, they would just add more stuff to it each morning. Our food is over processed to the point that they re-add vitamins ! Our fresh foods are covered in pesticides! I guess the lesson is to do the best you can. Take charge of what you and those you love eat.The less sugar you eat the more sweet a fresh carrot will taste! Good food costs more, that is sad to me. I think we feel the need to "feel full" after we eat, and that is not good for us. Our stomach expects it. Listen to your body, its the best we can do.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:46 AM   #3569
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,872 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

My dang hormones are wacky! I am glad that IslandScout posted about weight gain before periods because this month's "ladytime" meant that my scales were UP UP UP. Four pounds seems to be the magic number!

My plan for this week is to hit the gym every single night with lots of cardio and weights on my arms.

They keep it pretty warm in the gym which means I will be sweating like a pig but I kinda like it because I feel like my workout is worth more!

Best of luck to everyone here on this week's journey.

This week:
Something I will do differently = More gym time!

Something I will keep the same = Lots of fresh fruit and water!

Something that will motivate me = Weigh in next Sunday. Goal is to lose the 4 pounds that the lady business brought on!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2012, 06:34 AM   #3570
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Thanked 4,721 Times in 1,270 Posts
Scorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Goal is to lose the 4 pounds that the lady business brought on!
Heheha...I like your "lady business" expression....

And, you're not alone. My hormones are all messed up too. I get my "lady business" or I don't get my "lady business" WTF? Well, it's the wonderful world of hormones...Damn those hormonal bastids!
Scorp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Scorp For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2012, 08:01 AM   #3571
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,442 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

Good Morning Everyone,

This is what I will be having today:

Breakfast:
Chobani Greek yogurt
8oz Chocolate SoyMilk
8oz of French Roast coffee
2 coffee mate creamer tubs

Lunch:

Southwestern corn
Alexia French roll

Dinner:
3oz chicken breast cutlet with bread crumb and Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top-baked-
Southwestern corn
Alexia French roll

Snacks:
Small slice of apple pie-I will eat the apples out of it-
Fruit
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2012, 09:13 AM   #3572
-Red-Flag-

How Do You Identify?:
.Butch.

Thanked 3,609 Times in 929 Posts
-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation

Ugh, worst 5 days ever.. I threw my back out and I guess the diet followed ..
I've gained 4 f'n pounds ... I can't stand long enough to cook. I can't sit long enough to eat... So blah .. I'm just bitchy thank you for listening

You will always be fond of me. I represent all the sins you never had the courage to commit.--Oscar Wilde

Everything in the world is about sex, except sex. Sex is about power.--Oscar Wilde

I want to fill my mouth with your name.— Pablo Neruda

-Red-Flag- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to -Red-Flag- For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2012, 09:34 AM   #3573
JoSchmooze

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, hym, mister or "sir", like I get called by strangers!

Thanked 10,989 Times in 1,627 Posts
JoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST Reputation

Monday morning....ugh!
Some of us are lucky enough that we don't
have to deal with the "lady business" any
longer......

This weather is crazy!
One day it's 90 and the next 60.....
I know, I know.....some people would really
relish seeing 60 degrees...but it is a 30
degree change.....
I have not yet made it out to the bike on the patio....
A client from NJ had me up and testing at the butt crack
of dawn.....

Hang in there all.....
One way or another we will all get through this...
and reach our goals!!
Have a good week!

:cowbooy:

JoSchmooze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JoSchmooze For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2012, 02:59 PM   #3574
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,309 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation
Default Doing the math...

I got on the scales this morning and found I was up a pound a half. So that's four down, one and a half up—or I can look at it as, two and a half down.

I was telling someone else, it's the long-term changes that matter, not the day-to-day. So I'm trying to heed my own sage words... grrrrr....

I'm going to try and eat less bread, more carrots; less yogurt, more turkey cold cuts, etc. this week.

And I'm going out to dinner tonight, always a challenge; it's one of my favorite old restaurants in the West Village, with very, very good food—blackened salmon, that kind of good.

I will not fill up on bread before the meal.

Wish me luck!!!
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2012, 05:36 PM   #3575
Lady_Di

How Do You Identify?:
Homo sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba View Post

another thing I was remembering about portion sizes are restaurants... my best friend loves to split an entree with her gf. It is very sweet, sort of romantic, imo.

Another good friend always asks for a take out box when she orders and as soon as the food is on the table, she puts at least half of it in the container for another meal. Saves money and you can still enjoy the tastes, the ambience and good company.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Lady_Di For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2012, 07:16 PM   #3576
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,872 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Hi Healthies!

I had a 2-hour workout at the gym tonight and my arms are JELLY!

I did 25 minutes on the treadmill, 10 minutes on the elliptical, and 150 reps on arms, shoulders, and back.

Also, did you all know that Subway has a special now that you can buy one get one sandwich free if you do it before 9am??? I might do this one day if I am running late for work. I can get a breakfast sandwich and then a free one for lunch and they have a ton of healthy options!!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2012, 07:28 PM   #3577
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

does anyone use cooking oil and what kind?

anyone hear of Rice Bran Oil? .. better than olive oil?

Used for centuries in Asia, Rice Bran oil contains the most nutritious elements
from rice, including the dynamic fight fighting duo Monounsaturated and
Polyunsaturated fats that can help you trim and tighten your waistline.

Also found in Rice Bran oil is a super fat-fighting plant phyto-chemical called
Gamma Oryzanol that forces your cells to burn excess sugar in your
bloodstream...

...this means sugar does NOT hang out in your bloodstream as long, nor get
deposited on your hips and belly!

Rice Bran Oil also has a healthy amount of omega 6 fatty acids, which actually
help you feel full sooner resulting in eating less and helps decrease your
appetite without dangerous drugs.

If that weren't enough to get excited about, it's also packed with Vitamin E &
health-promoting antioxidants.

Fight fat with fat... and win!

I know it probably sounds crazy, but one of the hardest things to realize is
that your body fat actually burns easier in the presence of the right HEALTHY
Fats...

...Your body actually needs these fats like Rice Bran oil to lose weight
maximally.

Now, trying this Rice Bran oil out is a no-brainer because it's super easy to
use, cooks food well, and gives it a nice, colorful lite and unique taste.

People are even using it to replace butter and getting it to pass with a full
house of super picky eaters. You don't know any of those do you? ;-).

Rice Bran also has a higher cooking temperature and you can cook up 490 degrees before it begins to smoke (that's 130 higher than olive oil... nice).

Zero to Hero Fitness, LLC
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2012, 06:48 AM   #3578
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,442 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

Good Morning Everyone,

I had a good day yesterday. I ate only what I brought to work and still had calories left over.

Today I am having:

Breakfast:

Chobani Greek yogurt
8oz of soymilk
8oz of coffee
1 tsp of creamer

Lunch:

Boars Head 28% low sodium bologna-3oz-
I slice of Swiss cheese
1 tsp Spicy brown mustard
Arnold rye sandwich thin

Dinner:
Open

Snacks:

Greek yogurt
Vanilla pudding

Zimmeh
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2012, 07:51 AM   #3579
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Thanked 4,721 Times in 1,270 Posts
Scorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST Reputation
Default Cuz We're soooooo Bootylicious Babyyyyyyyyyyy....

That made me think of singing this verse over and over. It kinda sticks in your head all day once you start singing it.

[QUOTE=Medusa;557932]Hi Healthies!

I had a 2-hour workout at the gym tonight and my arms are JELLY!QUOTE]
Scorp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Scorp For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2012, 08:06 AM   #3580
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Hazelnut coffee

I am back to swimming in the morning. Tried the exercise walking thing and the broken ankle & foot screamed at my hip and said otherwise. Thus, the pool is safest right now, plus taking the stairs at work, shadow boxing to a video at home, and Wiiiiiiii at my friend's. I have been off track for about 6 months, so need to catch up one meal at a time.

Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post: