Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 11-03-2013, 05:11 PM   #3721
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,668 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

IF there is an overflow and IF there is enough people interested in doing another round, I'd be happy to wrangle it.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2013, 08:28 PM   #3722
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default 2nd chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy_coated_bitch View Post
As promised, the posting of my project today, Friday Nov. 1st. I am hoping it doesn't get too lost in the wrapping up of the Halloween cards, but I can always repost.

I would like to say first off that I am going to be a strict bitch with this swap. If that is annoying to anyone, you shouldn't sign up.

Here's the concept:

*Inchies are miniature works of art created on a 1 X 1 inch square. Similar idea to an Artist Trading Card, just on a much smaller scale. I make mine on watercolor paper, but you could use cardstock, cardboard, old greeting cards--anything that is a bit sturdy.

*Because of the small scale inchies can be difficult to make. I would like participants to keep this in mind. It doesn't mean if you're a beginner I wouldn't love for you to participate--but just know the small scale is a challenge. But a good one!

*I am going to ask for a requirement that your inchies each have three layers/elements. Obviously, I can't force anyone to do anything, but think ART. Like, a background layer of scrapbook paper or paint would count as one layer. A collage element another layer, and something on top/combined with that as a final layer.

*For example: I usually like to start out with a layer of paint or a collage element as my background. I like using interesting tidbits of magazine pictures as backgrounds a lot. Then depending on what I feel like I might paint something on top of that or add another collage element--maybe one that builds upon the background idea. I also love things like rhinestones, glitter, sequins, etc. to enhance an inchie and give it some texture. So there's three elements. It's not super hard to come up with three layers--but I am putting this requirement because I want everyone to be considerate to their fellow participants and try to make sure everyone is on the same page with how much effort goes into this.

*I HATE when I spend hours thoughtfully creating something and then I get something back that someone has put no thought into. (And no, I am not talking about anyone specific here but I have experienced this in other swaps.) I don't want folks to be intimidated, but please carefully consider the time commitment of this swap before signing up.

*I am limiting this swap to 7 people (including myself). I thought long and hard about this. I know it might seem limiting and unfair to some--but this is going to be a fairly intensive swap and I am NOT NOT NOT negotiating on this. If folks miss out, there are other swaps, we can always do inchies another time, and you just can't have everything you want in life.

*Please create two inchies that are a pair for each of your swap partners. Not exactly the same, but two inchies that play off each other or harmonize in some way. You can make all your inchies the same theme, or make 6 sets, it's up to you. So everyone will be making twelve inchies and receiving twelve back in return.

*Please include some money to help out with postage and packaging, whatever you can afford, maybe $2-$5.

*I am NOT going to take responsibility for coordinating anyone's personal tastes/dislikes/requests. I tried to make the requirements clear, but ask questions if you are confused but, you get what you get in the swap. Sender's choice. If you hate bling--too bad because I'll probably be sending you some LOL.

*I will be posting the sign up list two weeks from now to allow ample opportunity for everyone to see this post, think about it, and then sign up. The sign up will go up Friday, November 15th at 5PM EST. First come, first serve. All's fair in love and pen palling.
*The due date will be two weeks from the sign up--Friday, November 29th. I will get them in the mail that following Monday. It's a relatively quick turn around time but I want to take into account getting the swap done and mailed out well before the holidays get hectic.
*I will repost/remind folks over the next two weeks up until the sign up date.

Happy swapping!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Dammit, woman! I'll be stuck in traffic at 5pm on the 15th. Can I authorize someone to post my sign up for me (you know, should I think about it and do all the formulas to determine that I have enough time/supplies/funds to do this project)?

Also, does it have to be 3 layers only or 3 layers minimum for each card?
2 PM my time, so I am glad a 2nd chance opens up. That way I feel confident in starting the inches
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2013, 08:34 PM   #3723
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,706 Times in 10,262 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
2 PM my time, so I am glad a 2nd chance opens up. That way I feel confident in starting the inches
I'm excited...this is like bidding on eBay ..lol

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2013, 03:10 AM   #3724
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,667 Times in 3,992 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I sent my halloween cards out a long time ago

I got everyone's except Leigh's I believe. I dont keep track. chrissy enjoyed them too so thank you! They were all so lovely and fun!

Is there a link you could direct us to regarding inchies? I have never heard of them. Interesting concept. My mind is working...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2013, 06:18 AM   #3725
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Tia View Post
I sent my halloween cards out a long time ago

I got everyone's except Leigh's I believe. I dont keep track. chrissy enjoyed them too so thank you! They were all so lovely and fun!

Is there a link you could direct us to regarding inchies? I have never heard of them. Interesting concept. My mind is working...

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2013, 12:26 PM   #3726
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

omg..I love these! This is something I can wrap myself around...thanks!
Old 11-04-2013, 02:52 PM   #3727
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

May I please wrangle the next one?
Old 11-04-2013, 03:08 PM   #3728
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniqueswtfemm View Post
I'm excited...this is like bidding on eBay ..lol
Ahaaaaa! Someone who enjoys the live action

Up $1.99 @2 A M.
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2013, 02:37 PM   #3729
PoeticSilence

How Do You Identify?:
*dodges labels*
Relationship Status:
Estranged

PoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST Reputation

So, Gemme is going to wrangle group two?? Is that official? (trying to make sure I can get in on a project since I missed the last two)
Old 11-05-2013, 06:38 PM   #3730
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoeticSilence View Post
So, Gemme is going to wrangle group two?? Is that official? (trying to make sure I can get in on a project since I missed the last two)
If there's overflow. Absolutely!

I would keep the same rules as CCB laid out (except the numbers limitation), since it's her project.

So that way, like Tommi said, everyone that wants to start now, can do so with confidence.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2013, 06:40 PM   #3731
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Tia View Post
May I please wrangle the next one?
I don't see any reason why not! You'll just have to remind us when this current project is over cuz I know my brain will be mush by then, with this project and the card lists and the holidays.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2013, 08:38 PM   #3732
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,096 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
If there's overflow. Absolutely!

I would keep the same rules as CCB laid out (except the numbers limitation), since it's her project.

So that way, like Tommi said, everyone that wants to start now, can do so with confidence.
It's totally fine with me for anyone who wants to, to jump off of my project and wrangle more based on an overflow of interest.

The world needs more inchies!!!

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2013, 08:40 PM   #3733
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Also, BUMPING

As promised, the posting of my project today, Friday Nov. 1st. I am hoping it doesn't get too lost in the wrapping up of the Halloween cards, but I can always repost.

I would like to say first off that I am going to be a strict bitch with this swap. If that is annoying to anyone, you shouldn't sign up.

Here's the concept:

*Inchies are miniature works of art created on a 1 X 1 inch square. Similar idea to an Artist Trading Card, just on a much smaller scale. I make mine on watercolor paper, but you could use cardstock, cardboard, old greeting cards--anything that is a bit sturdy.

*Because of the small scale inchies can be difficult to make. I would like participants to keep this in mind. It doesn't mean if you're a beginner I wouldn't love for you to participate--but just know the small scale is a challenge. But a good one!

*I am going to ask for a requirement that your inchies each have three layers/elements. Obviously, I can't force anyone to do anything, but think ART. Like, a background layer of scrapbook paper or paint would count as one layer. A collage element another layer, and something on top/combined with that as a final layer.

*For example: I usually like to start out with a layer of paint or a collage element as my background. I like using interesting tidbits of magazine pictures as backgrounds a lot. Then depending on what I feel like I might paint something on top of that or add another collage element--maybe one that builds upon the background idea. I also love things like rhinestones, glitter, sequins, etc. to enhance an inchie and give it some texture. So there's three elements. It's not super hard to come up with three layers--but I am putting this requirement because I want everyone to be considerate to their fellow participants and try to make sure everyone is on the same page with how much effort goes into this.

*I HATE when I spend hours thoughtfully creating something and then I get something back that someone has put no thought into. (And no, I am not talking about anyone specific here but I have experienced this in other swaps.) I don't want folks to be intimidated, but please carefully consider the time commitment of this swap before signing up.

*I am limiting this swap to 7 people (including myself). I thought long and hard about this. I know it might seem limiting and unfair to some--but this is going to be a fairly intensive swap and I am NOT NOT NOT negotiating on this. If folks miss out, there are other swaps, we can always do inchies another time, and you just can't have everything you want in life.

*Please create two inchies that are a pair for each of your swap partners. Not exactly the same, but two inchies that play off each other or harmonize in some way. You can make all your inchies the same theme, or make 6 sets, it's up to you. So everyone will be making twelve inchies and receiving twelve back in return.

*Please include some money to help out with postage and packaging, whatever you can afford, maybe $2-$5.

*I am NOT going to take responsibility for coordinating anyone's personal tastes/dislikes/requests. I tried to make the requirements clear, but ask questions if you are confused but, you get what you get in the swap. Sender's choice. If you hate bling--too bad because I'll probably be sending you some LOL.

*I will be posting the sign up list two weeks from now to allow ample opportunity for everyone to see this post, think about it, and then sign up. The sign up will go up Friday, November 15th at 5PM EST. First come, first serve. All's fair in love and pen palling.

*The due date will be two weeks from the sign up--Friday, November 29th. I will get them in the mail that following Monday. It's a relatively quick turn around time but I want to take into account getting the swap done and mailed out well before the holidays get hectic.

*I will repost/remind folks over the next two weeks up until the sign up date.

Happy swapping!

My Patreon

My Website
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2013, 05:12 PM   #3734
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,579 Times in 2,649 Posts
ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

I received NYCFEMs card back today. Not sure why-- this is the 2nd time this has happened. It just says not deliverable as addressed. -- I think the p.o is getting really lazy, seriously folks.
ahk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2013, 06:46 PM   #3735
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,744 Times in 5,090 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

It's the third time because it happened to you twice with the previous project. Maybe there's some sort of allergy occurring

How much stamp money are you putting on it? Can you rep or PM me the name and address that you are sending to? This is not happening with anyone else, and I have such a simple, boring address (not like "the tree at the end of the lane"/"leave beside the briar patch", so it remains baffling to me, and I can't help but think you must be doing something wrong even if that makes no sense either. Like, are you going into a zombie state and writing something on the envelope like: "Fuck you, Mr. Postman! Shove this up your ass!" and so he's laughing and putting it right back in YOUR mailbox. It is just so mysterious and frustrating that I find my mind wandering down avenues that don't even make sense (so to speak).

Do you take it to a post office to be mailed or just do it yourself? Maybe you could take it to a post office to mail it. But whatever you do, please don't check off that I or another agent needs to be present for it to be delivered. The post office I am assigned to pick up things that require a signature from me or from my agent (not the post office I use to mail things which I like) is like a not fun haunted house. It takes years off my life every time I have to go.

The sad part is I really like your snail mail, which is what makes me obsess on why this keeps happening

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahk View Post
I received NYCFEMs card back today. Not sure why-- this is the 2nd time this has happened. It just says not deliverable as addressed. -- I think the p.o is getting really lazy, seriously folks.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2013, 08:21 PM   #3736
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
It's the third time because it happened to you twice with the previous project. Maybe there's some sort of allergy occurring

How much stamp money are you putting on it? Can you rep or PM me the name and address that you are sending to? This is not happening with anyone else, and I have such a simple, boring address (not like "the tree at the end of the lane"/"leave beside the briar patch", so it remains baffling to me, and I can't help but think you must be doing something wrong even if that makes no sense either. Like, are you going into a zombie state and writing something on the envelope like: "Fuck you, Mr. Postman! Shove this up your ass!" and so he's laughing and putting it right back in YOUR mailbox. It is just so mysterious and frustrating that I find my mind wandering down avenues that don't even make sense (so to speak).

Do you take it to a post office to be mailed or just do it yourself? Maybe you could take it to a post office to mail it. But whatever you do, please don't check off that I or another agent needs to be present for it to be delivered. The post office I am assigned to pick up things that require a signature from me or from my agent (not the post office I use to mail things which I like) is like a not fun haunted house. It takes years off my life every time I have to go.

The sad part is I really like your snail mail, which is what makes me obsess on why this keeps happening
Wow-- did you eat lots of candy while typing this??

<--- faux chocolate

I sent you a PM and I went to the post office to drop all these off, since I had some out of country to send. Its not the postage/or lack of postage, because she weighed it and made sure I was good. It just has a yellow sticker on bottom stating " return to sender, not deliverable as addressed, unable to forward"
I have no idea.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2013, 08:29 PM   #3737
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,744 Times in 5,090 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I admit that I am over tired and did have donuts today, so yeah I'm a little slap happy. Maybe the postman had a bad relationship long ago with someone in the building I live in and is just determined to drive us crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahk View Post
Wow-- did you eat lots of candy while typing this??

<--- faux chocolate

I sent you a PM and I went to the post office to drop all these off, since I had some out of country to send. Its not the postage/or lack of postage, because she weighed it and made sure I was good. It just has a yellow sticker on bottom stating " return to sender, not deliverable as addressed, unable to forward"
I have no idea.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2013, 10:15 PM   #3738
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
I admit that I am over tired and did have donuts today, so yeah I'm a little slap happy. Maybe the postman had a bad relationship long ago with someone in the building I live in and is just determined to drive us crazy.
I have had serious issues getting mail TO ahk. What's the common denominator in these scenarios? Hmmmm....

My Patreon

My Website
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2013, 06:11 AM   #3739
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Oooooooooh! Ooooooooh!

I know!!!!!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2013, 01:27 PM   #3740
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy_coated_bitch View Post
I have had serious issues getting mail TO ahk. What's the common denominator in these scenarios? Hmmmm....
What-evs!!

But the problem to this was getting it TO nycfem-- so whats the answer to this??
The Following User Says Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:

Tags
artists, creative types