Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,382 Times in 2,839 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoddz View Post

I don't own a suit, either.

Pop tells me that a lot of men don't really own suits anymore. Pop says that things are a lot more informal now for most people, men and women alike. In view of this, a lot of men just use a sport coat and match it with a tie and a simple pair of trousers or even jeans. I think that's what I'm going to go for, since my lifestyle really doesn't require a suit for much. I do have a nice shirt and tie that I can wear with a pair of trousers, but my body thermostat seems to run on high clog most of the time, so a coat would be much too hot for me, most, if not all of the time.

Decide what your lifestyle is and then build your wardrobe around it and the climate. You'll be much more comfy that way.....and you won't be spending a fortune on things that you really don't need much, if at all.

~Theo~
Great point, like in Nashville, you can wear jean and a jacket to the most dressy of occasions.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:22 PM   #22
ArkansasPiscesGrrl

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
feeling pretty darned blissful right now!

Thanked 3,080 Times in 741 Posts
ArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneyDoll View Post
When I was younger, I worked in retail in and one thing you need to remember is that a lot of non-straight people work retail. I once worked in a local Macy's and my department was responsible for covering the plus sized women's area when that staff was on break. We were taught "men come in here to shop for themselves. Should they want to try something on, you are to make sure the dressing room is clear of women and that they get absolute privacy. Their money spends just as well as everyone else's and we will not lose their business to another store."

Try to remember that most large scale stores are all about the bottom line. If someone was in my business dropping a few hundred on clothes, I wouldn't care a bit about who was handing the money to me. And, if you are a regular, the employees will always look out for you.

As for the customers, don't worry about them. I just tell myself that the haters are jealous of me

for some reason, what I keep flashing on is the scene from "Pretty Woman", where the sales clerks were really mean and snide to Julia roberts. After she went in and got all those clothes from another shop, she stopped back at the first store. Asked if they were paid from commissions. "BIG mistake!" Great line, and a great thing to remember!
ArkansasPiscesGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote