Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 05-14-2012, 12:40 PM   #401
chefhmboyrd

How Do You Identify?:
man
Preferred Pronoun?:
beef
Relationship Status:
Uncle Daddy Snap

Thanked 2,845 Times in 898 Posts
chefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Thumbs up Uncle Daddy Bootcamp

Uncle Daddy Boot Camp is in full effect.......
Ging and I got out to the gym this am at 5:30am (ugh)
but have to move more, eat less.
no specific goals for me, except keep the beef lean.........
Old 05-14-2012, 01:38 PM   #402
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,702 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

I started a new regime of exercise this morning. It involves working on the core. It doesn't make me happy to realize that I have not paid attention to essential parts of my body for way too long. It amazes me that the floor is much harder than I remember it being.. ~curiouser and curiouser~

Glad to see this bumped. It's a good time for me to focus on me.

Thanks!
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2012, 02:01 PM   #403
Morgan

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, hy, hym, does not matter
Relationship Status:
I am enjoying life....

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 1,604 Times in 411 Posts
Morgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST Reputation

I have been going to the gym almost every day for two months now and eating healthier. I am finally starting to see some really postitive results with my muscle tone, strength, endurance and mass. I do get frustrated about the time it is taking, but I know everday I will see impovement. My goal is to continually maintain a good exercise program because if I stop, I will be back to square one and I do not want to be there again. I am in better shape now at 51 than I have ever been, and that makes me feel really great.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:13 PM   #404
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Today I got my gym membership with Elament Fitness done so I can use the sliver sneakers program I get with my Humamma Glod membrship(its free).While I was there I got a showing of the place and all it has,its pretty standard.What it dose have I dadnt herd of before is a Infrared Sauna..It says it can burn up to 600calories in 30 minits,detoxifies,helpes skinproblems,reduces stress and helps with sleep,lowers your bp,reduces arthritis pain...reduces cellelite.It sounds like a snake oil sale even tho if it did even some of what they say it can it may be worth it.Comments are welcome and appresheated.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2012, 02:25 PM   #405
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
I started a new regime of exercise this morning. It involves working on the core. It doesn't make me happy to realize that I have not paid attention to essential parts of my body for way too long. It amazes me that the floor is much harder than I remember it being.. ~curiouser and curiouser~

Thanks!
Hey neighbor I just got a Cannondale from my niece. My old bike just needs tuned but is a nice beach type bike. I've been looking for someone to ride some of those trails.

I get in great shape during summer because I'm gardening, working outside, kayaking and eating fresh from the garden. Everyday I fill two gallon water buckets for the dogs and lift them. lol I also started back juicing and to be honest it will transform you!
The Following User Says Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2012, 11:07 PM   #406
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,702 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

uh huh.. you and that skeery juice... lmao.. I have a bike and will put some brake pads on it and clean the chain etc ( it's on my list to do anyway!) and we can attempt to ride some trails if you want. There are some good ones around

Talk to you soon
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2012, 04:19 AM   #407
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

i just finished packing my gym bag...
i have an appointment at my daughter's school at 830, and then i am heading to meet a friend i work with at his gym..

He's going to walk me through a great arm workout with weights, and a core workout, because those are two areas i need to really focus on along with cardio to lose the rest of this weight and tone loose skin. Especially the arms, i am so self conscious about them after having lost weight. i am very grateful he's willing to do this, when i priced a personal trainer, there is no way i could afford that right now..

wish.me.luck.

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2012, 07:57 AM   #408
deedarino

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Woman
Relationship Status:
In recovery.

Thanked 1,955 Times in 496 Posts
deedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvie View Post
i have an appointment at my daughter's school at 830, and then i am heading to meet a friend i work with at his gym..

He's going to walk me through a great arm workout with weights, and a core workout, because those are two areas i need to really focus on along with cardio to lose the rest of this weight and tone loose skin. Especially the arms, i am so self conscious about them after having lost weight. i am very grateful he's willing to do this, when i priced a personal trainer, there is no way i could afford that right now..

wish.me.luck.
Any hints on the toning loose skin would be GREATLY appreciated!
Squint your eyes and look closer. I'm not between you and your ambitions. I am a poster girl with no poster. I am thirty-two flavors and then some. And I'm beyond your peripheral vision, so you might want to turn your head~Ani

I want to think again
of dangerous and noble things;
I want to be light and frolicsome;
I want to be improbable, beautiful
and afraid of nothing as if I had wings

Mary Oliver
deedarino is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deedarino For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2012, 09:12 AM   #409
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvie View Post

wish.me.luck.
Okay, but only if you need it ~~~~~~ LUCK

Muriel Strode
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2012, 07:46 AM   #410
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

feeling a big difference in how i am feeling these days..
i realized i can sit and wallow in my challenges in life, or i can use them to my advantage and allow them to shape me into a stronger & more confident being..

so, these last few days i've noticed an increase in energy..this is GOOD.
so i have many ways i can get off my ass and do something, regardless of the work shifts i work, etc..

So my work out goals for the next few days are:
- get to the gym tomorrow & friday.
- thursday, i work a split shift (7-10 & 130-7) so i will walk the 30 min way for each shift, that's 2 hours of walking right there.
- i will start a SparkPeople activity challenge (30 days) and follow through.
- i will try something 'new' at the gym either tomorrow or friday, whether a new machine or a new class or something..

Also, i dug out my Training to Run book again, and am reading up on everything i need to know to do this properly.. Gear, breathing, posture, intervals, all of it. And Monday i will start my program and do it safely, no rushing through it.. my goal is to run a Marathon once i complete this program..

i have all of the tools necessary, i have the friends willing to help & train and i have a spot in some running clubs once i am ready to join waiting for me..

How exciting is this!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2012, 02:35 PM   #411
Morgan

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
I am enjoying life....

Morgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST Reputation

This is incredible, she started lifting at age 56, now look at her.....amazing. I am on a mission and no one is going to stop me.

Old 05-23-2012, 04:31 PM   #412
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
This is incredible, she started lifting at age 56, now look at her.....amazing. I am on a mission and no one is going to stop me.

OMG...this is fantastic!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2012, 04:43 PM   #413
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

I have had a membership to Element Fitness but because of the pain I have had I havent been able to take full advantage of it,so today I went to a chiro to see what he can do,already I feel some better but he said it would take a fue appointments to hopefull get as much of the pain gone as possable.I know me when I hit the gym I want to be in the weight room more than anywhere else so the less pain the more I can do to change how my body is and hopefully into a healthy buffed body.I know it wont happen over night but one day and step at the time.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:47 AM   #414
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 10,230 Times in 3,305 Posts
Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post

Thanks!
Wow..can I relate to this right now...the hard floor and the needing to focus on myself! The core is my least favorite to work on...but alas, it must be done or things begin to look a little lop-sided..*chuckle*

The most comfortable way I find to work on my core (at the gym or not) is the balance ball. Gives you a comfortable place for crunches, and trying to balance yourself on it engages more of your ab's and back. Now, if only they could come up with something for sit-ups and leg raises...
Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Talon For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2012, 11:40 AM   #415
Morgan

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
I am enjoying life....

I went to the gym this morning and I am feeling great.....I love how I feel afterwards the endorphines rushing through my body, cheap high....lol.
Can anyone tell me what excercises I can do for my legs, since I have a torn maniscus that I cannot have repaired at this time. I have been protecting it with a simple knee brace, but I am afraid if I push it, I may severely damage the joint. I have strong legs, but I would like to bulk them up some.
Old 05-27-2012, 05:37 PM   #416
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
snipped
Can anyone tell me what excercises I can do for my legs, since I have a torn maniscus that I cannot have repaired at this time. I have been protecting it with a simple knee brace, but I am afraid if I push it, I may severely damage the joint. I have strong legs, but I would like to bulk them up some.
From Wikipedia..............
The menisci act to disperse the weight of the body and reduce friction during movement. Since the condyles of the femur and tibia meet at one point (which changes during flexion and extension), the menisci spread the load of the body's weight. This differs from sesamoid bones, which are made of osseous tissue and whose function primarily is to protect the nearby tendon and to increase its mechanical effect.

I'm hypothesizing, I'm thinking do nothing extra . Several years ago, I had an issue with my elbow (it also has a meniscus) I nearly went insane from the pain because I didn't stop lifting weights et cetera... when the problem first began, because the pain was tolerable. Maybe try an eliptical machine, it's low impact....bicycle riders have nice legs, but I'm not sure if thats hard on a persons' kneees.

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??

Last edited by Dominique; 05-27-2012 at 05:39 PM. Reason: omitted a word
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2012, 07:16 PM   #417
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

I have been going to a new chiro since last week,even in the fue appointments I have had(3) I feel better than I have in a long time.The pain is less and I can sleep on my back without my tail bone hurting and haveing to prop on pillows to get comfy,even my neck and arms feel way better with no week feeling in either my arms,hand or legs like before.The only thing I still have is low back fatigue wich over time and getting in better shape should go away in time.On Friday night I was playing pool at my regular league game and siting didnt hurt lile it had,when that happends it effects my whole left leg really bad.Now I can really get in the gym and do some serious work on the bod to become healthyer.
Old 05-27-2012, 07:26 PM   #418
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,770 Times in 25,661 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I went to the gym this morning and I am feeling great.....I love how I feel afterwards the endorphines rushing through my body, cheap high....lol.
I would definitely check with a medical professional and/or a trainer to be sure.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2012, 07:32 AM   #419
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Today is the day i restart my running program.. YAY!

First i'll get to the gym and do the weights, elliptical & some bike..
Then, i'll come home, drop off my bag and do my first run.

i'm not sure what level i am starting at until i get out there and just do it..
walk 10 mins to warm up, then i'll run for as long as i can comfortably, then walk a minute or two, and then run again, etc etc..

my first small goal is to be able to run 30 mins non stop .. This book i have helps me warm myself up to doing that over some weeks, and then i will work on hills training and speed training..

i'm excited, but i'm ready..
Let the people stare - i'm okay with it now.. (it was always a worry of mine) heh.

Happy Workout everyone ♥

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2012, 07:01 AM   #420
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Today is day 4 of my running program..
Yesterday, i went with a friend and we did 6 km of walking/running.. We would run for 1 1/2 mins, then walk 1 - 1 1/2 mins.. Quite the increase from day one - i feel it in my left rear muscle today, LOL. i get the runner's high, especially when i'm pushing myself so hard..
Working on stretching, breathing & posture this week.. Yesterday, much improvement..

< ---- signed up for my first 5k, July 1st.. i will be running it with a friend, i'm excited..5k is 25-30 mins of running, if i work hard everyday, i will be ready to give it my very best..

i get very emotional after a run..
One year ago, i felt like i could barely walk.. i couldn't catch my breath, i had pain in the legs and feet, and i was miserable just taking a few steps to the corner store - So to have this energy and be doing this for myself, i'm really proud... It's about the difference in how i feel & the energy! & of course to all the people who have repetitively *and still do* tell me i can't do things.. look at me go..i remind myself daily, i've lost 100 lbs and CAN do this, to keep at it.

Also, working the weights this week faithfully. Though i've no real "plan" with the weights just yet, i just try different machines and do different exercises in attempt to get myself on a schedule of doing it every couple of days.. So i feel great for that!

My fitness goal for today: To incorporate core exercises, something i can do at home and will be faithful about doing each day.. To go for my run for day 4 & to get to the gym to do weights..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post: