Notices

Old 03-09-2011, 07:09 PM   #481
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,129 Times in 3,761 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

My day started with giving MetLife Auto a hard time....
They had quoted me for a new policy.... The guy that processed the quote last Friday sent me an email requesting my PA Driver's Report to confirm I had been licensed for more than a year.... he then went on vacation.
On Monday, I emailed the information to his coworker as requested.
Monday morning she told me he had actually processed the policy and made it effective at a MUCH HIGHER rate than the quote...she would try to fix it once she received the DMV report.
She never responded to my email.
This morning, I sent her another email requesting a response and stating that I WAS NOT INTERESTED in the policy at a higher rate and told her to cancel BEFORE my payroll deductions happened. (I stressed that I had ONLY agreed to the quoted amount.)
Well.... as soon as I got to work, she called. When she claimed she didn't get my Monday email or report, I quickly stated "But my Delivery Confirmation tells me you DID get my email." She stopped in her tracks and fixed everything.

My day after that was VERY successful and fulfilling.

My meeting with 3 sets of parents concerning their childrens' health care and special needs went VERY well and I even got hugs from one Mom. I was able to help them overcome barriers to getting their children services. I gleaned important information to update the childrens' records; and updated many of their late immunizations. I got one Mom set up with a special Therapist and another family set up with Community Services, Respite Services and Home Care for a child with many special needs. I so remember being in their shoes. Their looks of relief and "I finally have someone to help"...made my day!!!

I organized a luncheon for 20+ people: I'm hosting tomorrow.
Accomplished getting caught in the POURING down rain when leaving a store with arms full of stuff for said luncheon.
Placed the order for everyone's lunch: I WISH the place had told me Catering Platters were available before I had everyone order individually.
I picked up flowers for our little fundraiser during lunch.
Picked up some newborn baby stuff for our new Gramma in the office.

When I finally got home, unloaded car....let Willy out to get all muddy.
I accomplished slipping down the hill and getting soaked to the bone to go feed critters.

Now I got my PJs on and Willy Bear curled up next to me....we're gonna cuddle and get cozy!!

The busy day really kept my mind off my dad, brother and nieces.
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2011, 07:23 PM   #482
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,408 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

I finally did over 2 weeks of laundry
My washer isn't working right and I've procrastinated about going out to do it
Last pair of boxers this morning made me go do it all

Good thing I don't mind folding so dang much

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2011, 07:27 PM   #483
Luv

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 1,217 Times in 367 Posts
Luv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST Reputation

getting a B on my midterm ,,but overall in the glass I still got a A..gotta hold onto that !
Luv is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Luv For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2011, 09:49 PM   #484
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,779 Times in 25,691 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Rolled out of bed after a very annoying dream and too little sleep.

Ate breakie, got ready and went to So. Austin to have oil in car changed and have my tires rotated and checked (was convenient to where I thought I was going later).

Realized that my information was wrong and I went to the correct location for Garden Ridge. Spent unknown amount of time with Arwen at the Ridge of Garden. Restrained myself, financially. This was VERY difficult to do.

Had lunch with Arwen (but not at Garden Ridge).

Went shoe shopping with Arwen.

Came home just before Ashton arrived (almost like I planned it that way, huh?).

Hung out with my honey and Ash and played some gin rummy with them (Ebon cheated!).

Had dinner with Ash and my honey at the OG. It. Was. YUM.

Changed into my stretchy pants.

Tidied up the kitchen, put away the dishes, and fussed at Ebon for getting bleach on the bathroom handtowel (but thanked him for cleaning the bathroom).

Played on the Planet.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2011, 10:04 PM   #485
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,780 Times in 4,027 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

yes indeed. I am getting my endoscopy on Monday afterall...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2011, 11:29 PM   #486
lionpaw

How Do You Identify?:
very married lesbian couple-there are two of us that use this site

Thanked 1,579 Times in 517 Posts
lionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputation

I learned another scrapbooking embellishment technique that uses a molding paste to create some really wicked faux metal objects and charms....
lionpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lionpaw For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2011, 04:58 AM   #487
Legendryder

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

Legendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST Reputation

I had my timing belt go out on the way to work yesterday. So, I got it towed to the house, picked up the part, changed it out. I have not worked on a car in a while, it was nice to know I still got it.
Legendryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Legendryder For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2011, 09:31 AM   #488
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I've been up for about an hour, I guess. I've fluffed Ebon's laundry in the dryer and folded it as well as throwing a couple of small items in the wash. They are now happily being tossed to and fro by the dryer. I have vacuumed the house, including the tiled areas (some days, it's just easier, no?) and wiped down the kitchen and bath counters, though not in that order. I've made myself breakfast and stayed out of the way while Ebon made his. The bed is made and I've taken something out for dinner to defrost in the fridge. I turned the air off, cuz my honey is of a tropical people and gets cold from the breeze when someone sneezes. I've brushed my hair and tied it back. I've started a list for the mart of Wal and will be going there to return some things and pick a few other ones up in the not so distant future. I'll also be taking out the recycling. Much later in the day, I shall go through more boxes and work on my penpal craft project. Today is my last day off for the week and I expect it to be quite productive.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2011, 10:31 PM   #489
bright_arrow
☆ the stars are aligned ☆

How Do You Identify?:
strong, independent, badass redhead
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl, buttercup, sugah
Relationship Status:
married to my Boo Daddy <3

Thanked 9,359 Times in 2,294 Posts
bright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Got the truck towed
Went to work
Helped (some rather bitchy) customers
Got orders pulled and set up for pick up later/delivery
Helped train the new cashiers
Kept the head cashier from having a melt down by taking over when needed
Swept, cleaned counters, sorted mail into appropriate mailboxes
Asked every single customer if they'd like to donate to Muscular Dystrophy Association and sold the whole stack I had before my shift was over
Introduced the boi to my head cashier who was delighted to meet hym
We went and got my truck
Went to Wal-mart
Had subs for dinner and did shopping to get snacks for road trip (water, rice cakes, multigrain pita chips)
Came home and:
- sorted laundry
- put a load in the wash
- cleaned up the kitchen counters and swept
- put away some dishes
- boi did the kitty litter and vacuumed
- trash is ready to go out when we get home sunday night
- cleaned off the coffee table
- packed clothes for this weekend and swapped out purses

I think that's it. It's a wonder I'm still awake, lol
bright_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bright_arrow For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2011, 11:03 PM   #490
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,129 Times in 3,761 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

so much stuff, it makes me tired just thinking about it all!!!
I MUST play catch up tomorrow morning.
This is the first day I was so busy that I actually had tasks still on my desk when I left. That bugs me. I like everything done before I leave.
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2011, 11:22 PM   #491
moxie

How Do You Identify?:
a cynical princess wannabe
Preferred Pronoun?:
lipgloss junkie
Relationship Status:
yep

Thanked 6,768 Times in 1,846 Posts
moxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputation

Went to a school.
Went to 4 meetings.
Threw candy at people.
Got hit in the temple with a piece of candy thrown at me.
Threatened to sue co-worker for Death by Rolo to the temple.
Did a ton of paperwork.
Had a judge tell me what to do. Happens every Thursday.
Told some middle schoolers to be quiet in court or we'll have a mad judge.
Told some middle school boys to keep their gas to themselves or go to the bathroom.
Pondered that 80+% of my kids are middle schoolers and wondered how I got so lucky.
Called a few people I didn't want to talk to.
Ate leftovers.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:15 AM   #492
undone

How Do You Identify?:
me!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Woman
Relationship Status:
Sold!

undone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputation

Today has been long, for once I got to wake the dog and not the reverse that in it’s self is amazing since he rises with the sun.

I think I have won the battle with a migraine that has interloped for the better part of three days!!!

Laundry has been suffering the lack of attention as has the kitchen during all the house painting I have been doing, and since thou counters and there tops will soon be departing for some much needed new ones I have lacked the drive to use them or clean them, but that has been achieved to day certainly.

The green blue that looks devishly smart on my living room walls is not so pretty on the bottom of my sink and has been scrubbed away.

The closet doors have been repainted after finishing the repairs of the damages my sister had implemented in one of her attacks.

I cleaned the windows both inside and outside (picture a grown woman enjoying hanging out the second story of a stack of small condos) and had new screens made for the same windows.

Finished replacing outlets and switches in the front room now to tackle the bedrooms and baths

Scraped off the peeling and sanding off paint and caulk around the shower and replaced (in my mind I am still waiting for this to dry till the morning so I don’t pop out the primmer and brush at this very late hour)

Tomorrow I will have to finish painting the bathrooms, and see if the closet needs a second coating, and finish resurfacing the window ledge in the second bedroom if I can keep the cat out of the sill long enough.

undone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to undone For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2011, 08:57 PM   #493
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I got up with Ebon though I still had half an hour before my alarm went off. Mocked him gently and kindly (and scolded him several times as he tends to let his knees surpass his toes...a no no for form) as he did a Billy Blanks' Bootcamp dvd. Prepare and ate breakfast. Got ready for work. Went to work, dropping off a bag of trash on the way.

Dealt with an ornery old woman and her sheriff son (complete in uniform!), did my usual paperwork, took payments, did a once around on the grounds and picked some errant bits of trash up, signed/folded/sealed/mailed late notice letters to customers, had a snack, cleaned the HELL out of my office (my boss is super nice but a slob and it shows), tracked down a customer's online refund, cleaned out Outlook as we had surpassed our size limit (there were emails from 08 in there...a LOT of them!), started making collection calls, ate lunch, continued making collection calls, took more payments, cleaned some more and closed. Didn't have to go to the bank (WOOT!), so I got home in record time.

Ebon had dinner waiting (tacos) and it was delish. I tidied up the kitchen and washed the big fryer. We took out the recycling and checked the mail. I resisted the urge to vacuum. Since we moved in here, I've developed a mild obsession with keeping the carpets clean (no shoes on the carpet, looking for rugs to put down, and vacuuming like I could suck the thought of dirt from the fibers). We wrestled for a little while and watched a couple of episodes of Outsourced before separating. I'll watch American Idol shortly and he's playing with his fiery vagina.

In a couple of hours, I'll be in bed. I'm pooped and, since today was so calm, I'm guaranteed to have a rough Saturday, especially since I know for a fact that one of my leases is going to have to be completed via the fax. ARGH!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2011, 08:32 PM   #494
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,409 Times in 4,660 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Headed home from a work trip on the redeye flight from AZ...

...landed about 5 a.m.
...got luggage, found the car, headed home
...drove just under 2 hours (with a drive thru for McD's bacon, egg & cheese bagel and coffee....desperate for fuel)
...gave everyone their presents
...hopped in bed with my sweetie for a couple hours
...dozed on and off through the day...rare for me, but I'm wiped out
...made breakfast for dinner...french toast and scrambled eggs
...unloaded, loaded and ran the dishwasher
...got a load of laundry out of the suitcase and into the washing machine
Old 03-12-2011, 08:56 PM   #495
Bootboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Bear
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mister Bear.. lol actually whatever not a big deal to me.
Relationship Status:
Solo sauntering along

Bootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST Reputation
Default E for Effort !

I was very accomplished at doing absolutely nothing.

Sleeping in, good breakfast, good movie,nice long nap, and feasted on a yummy cornbeef cabbage dinner.

Now searching for that next good movie to complete my very very accomplished day!
Bootboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bootboi For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2011, 09:08 PM   #496
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,842 Times in 7,833 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

I intended to be very lazy today but ended up accomplishing:

breakfast for Jack and I
3 loads of laundry
the entire house picked up, swept and vacuumed, dusted, and organized
meatloaf in the oven for dinner
taxes done for the Planet (a HUGE undertaking)
my personal taxes
spitty ball playing with the rug
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2011, 09:14 PM   #497
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,124 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Today I accomplished:

• 1/3 of my tax stuff
  • Finding the hidden onion in my cooking magazine (you just don't know how important that is until you can't find it)
  • Helping 18 customers fix their phones
  • Getting my dinner in the oven instead of collapsing on the couch
  • Making people happy
  • Being joyful even when I was feeling really really tired

Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2011, 09:44 PM   #498
Wryly

How Do You Identify?:
bemused butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
polite ones, please
Relationship Status:
single butch

Thanked 1,568 Times in 620 Posts
Wryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST Reputation

Yesterday I realized I was slipping into another insomnia cycle - so, in an effort to nip it in the bud, I took a sleeping pill last night. It didn't help! Didn't fall asleep until 3am. But I did sleep until noon! So, depending on how you look at it, a win!

I managed a shower, breakfast, FB games, trip to the laudry, quick stop at the grocery store, dinner, more FB games, some reading.
Debating if I should pop a pre-emptive sleeping pill.
Wryly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wryly For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2011, 11:04 AM   #499
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

*Spent a few hours in a cigar/pipe bar in town

*Laundry

*Played with my furkids - what joy!

*Got propaine tanks refilled

*Got cat food, dog food, and insulin for my furkids also birdseed/suet for the outdoor gang
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2011, 11:18 AM   #500
Pixie

How Do You Identify?:
Equal Opportunity Friend
Preferred Pronoun?:
Girl
Relationship Status:
in service

Thanked 4,104 Times in 1,332 Posts
Pixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST Reputation

I slept in past nine....even if it was due to the time change....

-Pixie-

Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pixie For This Useful Post:

Tags
accomplished, today