sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

- that as much as i don't feel worthy, most days..
i really must have some feeling of worth, if i am willing to push myself to take the steps i have taken over the last few weeks, and get to where i am today.. and not only that, but setting goals to achieve over time, on this most awesomest "self" journey i've ever been on.. it's the first time i am feeling like i can do this, AND that i'm actually "DOING" this for myself..

i can't be 'that' bad, then.. and that in itself, is one heckuva feeling...

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2011, 09:14 AM   #5282
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

seen this on a board at work, and really caught my eye...
You start dying slowly
if you do not travel,
if you do not read,
If you do not listen to the sounds of life,
If you do not appreciate yourself.

You start dying slowly
When you kill your self-esteem;
When you do not let others help you.

You start dying slowly
If you become a slave of your habits,
Walking everyday on the same paths…
If you do not change your routine,
If you do not wear different colours
Or you do not speak to those you don’t know.

You start dying slowly
If you avoid to feel passion
And their turbulent emotions;
Those which make your eyes glisten
And your heart beat fast.

You start dying slowly
If you do not change your life when you are not satisfied with your job, or with your love,
If you do not risk what is safe for the uncertain,
If you do not go after a dream,
If you do not allow yourself,
At least once in your lifetime,
To run away from sensible advice…

Pablo Neruda, Medeiros

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2011, 09:25 AM   #5283
Daktari

Endings and new beginnings
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2011, 12:27 PM   #5284
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,653 Times in 3,989 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

simplicity and how endearing it has become in my life...
Old 01-23-2011, 01:46 PM   #5285
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

Being reminded by chatting with a new friend, that life is not about rushing its about savouring the moment and what life has to offer you ........... I often need to be reminded of this, so thank you to My friend for that wise piece of advice

Don't rush, this is what is on My mind right now

Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 03:26 PM   #5286
little_ms_sunshyne

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 12,241 Times in 2,540 Posts
little_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputation

Ready for time to move a little faster!!!!! lol I can't help it...I miss hym!!!

Last edited by little_ms_sunshyne; 01-23-2011 at 03:38 PM.
little_ms_sunshyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:33 PM   #5287
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

working on recognizing my strengths...
a conversation with a really great friend last night, and him telling me that i need to trust my gut instincts more, that i am strong and able...
i haven't felt like a strong person for many, many years.. so today, i set my mind to things i love about myself, which in turn helps me feel stronger within.. and i actually found some.. *smiling big*

- i know that i am a good mother.. make that, a great & very loving mother..
- i am extremely loyal, authentic and honest, & cherish my friends & loved ones with all i am, and respect them, fully..
- i have the ability to cherish the small things in life, which in turn boosts my well being..
- i have & love my baby blue eyes, which i inherited from my Pepere (grandfather)
- i am very creative, crafty, love making things & also do web graphics & have my own website & blog for digital scrapbooking, which i'm in the process of learning more of..
- i am very unique - and strive to be my own person, always..
- i am a good cook, have good survival skills & am a very laid back individual who loves to have fun (all with thanks to my father, the laid back, goofy outdoorsman)..

i hope to build on my list over time , but the fact i found this much about myself that i love, is an awesome HUGE step forward for me!

Super Dee Duper YAYness for meeee <3

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2011, 06:04 PM   #5288
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

Hoping that I passed my first anatomy test. I know for sure that I got one answer wrong, and there are 2 more that I'm afraid I got swapped around backwards because of the wording.

Also, I'm really wondering how this lab group is going to go, now that I'm stuck with the same partners. On the first day of lab I sat at a table with a cool hippy girl I'd spoken to once before. Two other folks came in late and sat with us, thus sealing our fate as a group. So now, this is what the group boils down to:
- me
- cool ass hippy girl who's smart as hell
- teenage girl who never brings a single book to class and sits there popping her gum and twirling her hair, and always wants to be the first to look into the "telescope" (aka: microscope )
- 40something Bo Bice look-alike that I'm positive even sweats reefer, who stares into space going "whoa...whoa". (I'm dying to know what he sees but I'm almost afraid to ask.) He does, however, bring his book but is never on the right page, and also can never seem to remember which degree program he is in.

Hopefully things will go well, but I am worried about group projects. Smart hippy girl will definitely have her shit together, and eventhough I struggle with some of the material at least I work my ass off trying. I'm still confident though, and hope I do well in this class.
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2011, 06:08 PM   #5289
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixielady View Post
- teenage girl who never brings a single book to class and sits there popping her gum and twirling her hair, and always wants to be the first to look into the "telescope" (aka: microscope )
Oh, and teenage girl? She's in the freakin NURSING program. Seriously??
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 06:41 PM   #5290
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

That i have to attend a meeting tomorrow morning at 8:30 which is 45 minutes away on my DAY OFF.

Pisses me off.

They better have coffee is all i gotta say.
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:07 AM   #5291
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

< --- needs help with the gallery, LOL...

ive finally figured out how to add a picture , i think!
cept i added 2, which are almost identical, and no room for anymore pix than 2.. so i want to remove one -

cept i cant figure out how to delete a picture, can anyone help? LOL
i added the pix through the night and figured i was too tired to figure this out, now i've slept but i still can't figure it out hahahaha...

THIS is on my mind!

Old 01-25-2011, 07:28 AM   #5292
asphaltcowboi

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
HAPPY

7 Highscores

Thanked 3,297 Times in 1,042 Posts
asphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputation

i bought a bunch of equipment to start another small bussness.. im just not sure how its all going to work as far as insurance, drivers, taxes.. the work is all there and waiting for me to put it in motion i just want to make sure everything is done right and to the book. plus im wondering if i should take a partner to help with the paper work and book keeping. i will be doing alot of running around setting up route checking and planning.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:37 AM   #5293
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvie View Post
< --- needs help with the gallery, LOL...

ive finally figured out how to add a picture , i think!
cept i added 2, which are almost identical, and no room for anymore pix than 2.. so i want to remove one -

cept i cant figure out how to delete a picture, can anyone help? LOL
i added the pix through the night and figured i was too tired to figure this out, now i've slept but i still can't figure it out hahahaha...

THIS is on my mind!
YAY problem solved, thank you so much cody for your help!

Old 01-25-2011, 09:42 AM   #5294
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,910 Times in 1,862 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

I do believe that I am the luckiest guy, in the whole wide world!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2011, 10:10 AM   #5295
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation

I wonder when this artic weather is going to stop. Both humans and animals are just suffering from this. I think most places sell out of ceramic heaters the instant they come in.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2011, 01:15 AM   #5296
Sweet_Amor_Taino

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Gentleman
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/him
Relationship Status:
Exclusively dating,

Sweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST Reputation

I am very tire ... How many days until March 17 making plans for her visit
besitos para la chulita de papi
When we are aware that each moment of each day and each step we take,is truly mystical and full of wonder,we will live our lives with greater thought and care, we will also respect and appreciate This moment.
Sweet_Amor_Taino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:53 PM   #5297
wimsiclegirl

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, babygirl,
Relationship Status:
Completely smitten...

wimsiclegirl Has the BEST Reputationwimsiclegirl Has the BEST Reputationwimsiclegirl Has the BEST Reputationwimsiclegirl Has the BEST Reputationwimsiclegirl Has the BEST Reputationwimsiclegirl Has the BEST Reputationwimsiclegirl Has the BEST Reputationwimsiclegirl Has the BEST Reputationwimsiclegirl Has the BEST Reputationwimsiclegirl Has the BEST Reputationwimsiclegirl Has the BEST Reputation

Thinking that with all the sad things people are experiencing...material losses, human loss, break ups, unrequited love, financial, family, friend issues, unexplained tramas, chronic illnesses, terminal illnesses, loneliness, etc...

I am so undeserving of all the blessings I have and feel lucky in this lifetime. I have no room to complain about anything at all!!

If today finds you in a place of saddness and grief...I pray it is only for a short time. I also pray that you find strength within yourself and support from those around you to overcome!

If like me you are so blessed, I pray that you too feel gratitude for all that you have been given.

Thank you to all those who have let me share their journeys both sad and happy...
Old 01-28-2011, 05:03 PM   #5298
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,958 Times in 13,923 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

How happy I am that this headache is GONE after two hard days..
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2011, 05:37 PM   #5299
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

Not liking the fact that I have to see the name of a past ex on Facebook who, until the last week or so, was nowhere near a computer and now I have to be reminded of the past? I don't like it at all

Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2011, 05:58 PM   #5300
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,401 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Thinking about my neighbor and what to say to her. Certainly I don't know how she feels. Although a piece of my heart is gone too, though not the size of the chunk that must be missing from her heart. Ritchie 6 or 6 when I moved out here. He was a curious kid always watching to see how things work. A reckless kid, chuckling I don't remember a year that went by that he didn't have something broken or stitches. He surely wasn't an angel as a teenager and got into trouble but worked his way threw his probation and all that stuff. As a young adult he had grown into a pretty good young man, a good father and was to be married in April. He was quick with a smile and could make anybody laugh. I just thought he was a goofy kid, but from reading the condolences I see that he was like that with everyone. WOW how quickly our lives can change and the unexpected happen. Tell the ones you love, that you love them before ya can't.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post: