Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 09-09-2016, 05:54 PM   #5761
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Married to my love 08.15.15

Thanked 13,254 Times in 2,724 Posts
cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation

Count me in, too! When will the sign up list be posted?

🎨

~Wade Davis
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cara For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2016, 07:11 PM   #5762
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,770 Times in 25,661 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Okay, here's the gist of it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post

I'm interested in astrology and have always had a bit of a fascination with Chinese Astrology and the Five Elements.

Here is my proposal: in addition to the method of weaving, choose one element (metal, wood, water, fire, earth) and one other option of your choice (zodiac signs, colors, seasons, directions, diseases, tastes, heavenly creatures) from the Five Elements Grid below. If you are familiar with this grid, then you know I've subtracted some options. I really don't want something connected to a bodily organ so that went out the window.

The Five Elements Grid

Elements Metal Wood Water Fire Earth (ONE OF THESE)

PLUS ONE OF THESE

Zodiac signs (yang) Monkey Tiger Rat Horse Dragon/Dog
Zodiac signs (yin) Rooster Rabbit Pig Snake Ox/Sheep
Colors White Green Black Red Brown
Seasons Autumn Spring Winter Summer Intermediate
Directions West East North South Central
Diseases Dry Wind Cold Hot Wet
Tastes Spicy Sour Salty Bitter Sweet
Planets Venus Jupiter Mercury Mars Saturn
Heavenly Creatures White Tiger Green Dragon Black Tortoise Vermilion Bird Yellow Dragon

The possibilities are limitless and the project could be completely abstract in nature or very literal, as in a piece of the ocean. The waves could be woven and that would take care of the element of water and the disease of wet or cold or you could relay wind somehow.

I don't want anyone to overthink this. For those that want to do a fall/autumn themed project, there's your season right there. Just weave something and include an element, which could be rain or a bonfire or earthy leaves.

I would love for this project to be an adventure in creativity but not so difficult that anyone loses interest or enjoyment in it.

If someone wants to include more than the minimum requirements, by all means, do so. But there would only be three required components: weaving, an element and one other grid option of your choice.

Does this sound like something you would like to do? If so, feel free to sign up!

Keep the size of each piece reasonable; 5x7 or smaller. Remember to include $5 for shipping.

The sign up ends on September 16th. The project would be due to me on or before October 14th.

1. Gemme
2. clay
3. GeorgiaMa'am
4. cara

"For 2016, the rule is if one of our projects is received by the wrangler more than seven days after the due date, or one of us drops out of a project for whatever reason, that person is welcome to continue posting but is not allowed to sign up for a group project again until January 1st, 2017. No exceptions. This rule applies to participants and to wranglers. This rule must be posted at the bottom of all new projects that are being wrangled so that members can thoughtfully consider whether we wish to commit to a new project. And for the purposes of clarification, if someone drops out before the deadline to sign up has been closed then they are not excluded from future projects because they are still following the rules."

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2016, 11:59 AM   #5763
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,737 Times in 5,088 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I'd like to participate! Looking forward to the sign up...

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2016, 12:05 PM   #5764
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

1. Gemme
2. clay
3. GeorgiaMa'am
4. cara
5. nycfem

Sign up ends 9/16. Projects due to me on or before 10/14. They are officially late and the late rule applies on 10/22. See rule below.

"For 2016, the rule is if one of our projects is received by the wrangler more than seven days after the due date, or one of us drops out of a project for whatever reason, that person is welcome to continue posting but is not allowed to sign up for a group project again until January 1st, 2017. No exceptions. This rule applies to participants and to wranglers. This rule must be posted at the bottom of all new projects that are being wrangled so that members can thoughtfully consider whether we wish to commit to a new project. And for the purposes of clarification, if someone drops out before the deadline to sign up has been closed then they are not excluded from future projects because they are still following the rules."

Here is my proposal: in addition to the method of weaving, choose one element (metal, wood, water, fire, earth) and one other option of your choice (zodiac signs, colors, seasons, directions, diseases, tastes, heavenly creatures) from the Five Elements Grid below. If you are familiar with this grid, then you know I've subtracted some options. I really don't want something connected to a bodily organ so that went out the window.

The Five Elements Grid

PLUS ONE OF THESE

Heavenly Creatures White Tiger Green Dragon Black Tortoise Vermilion Bird Yellow Dragon

If someone wants to include more than the minimum requirements, by all means, do so. But there would only be three required components: weaving, an element and one other grid option of your choice.

Keep the size of each piece reasonable; 5x7 or smaller. Remember to include $5 for shipping unless your pieces are on the larger side and then include more.

I'm misunderestimated.

Last edited by Gemme; 09-11-2016 at 12:08 PM.
Old 09-12-2016, 05:29 PM   #5765
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,703 Times in 7,722 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

My Post Secrets package came today! clay is sooo happy & I love each & every one of them. Incredible work everyone!!!
I won't say anymore until every one has gotten theirs, too!!
Thank you nyc for wrangling & I lovbe lobve lovbe the goody!!
Old 09-12-2016, 06:23 PM   #5766
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,492 Times in 3,158 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
My Post Secrets package came today! clay is sooo happy & I love each & every one of them. Incredible work everyone!!!
I won't say anymore until every one has gotten theirs, too!!
Thank you nyc for wrangling & I lovbe lobve lovbe the goody!!

Same here - so good! Thanks everyone FSF
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2016, 06:48 PM   #5767
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:
Blissfully married to the love of my life.

Thanked 4,842 Times in 1,067 Posts
nanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputation

Mine came on Saturday and really made my day!

I couldn't tell who did some of them and I'm still trying to guess. I signed mine on the back.

So, I did 8 different ones, did everyone do different ones, or did you all do the same secret 8 times?

NYCfem, thank you for wrangling and the extra goody...and FSF thank you for the extras, I loved the whole package!

I'm skipping this next one due to being out of town the next few weekends, but I hope to do the one after that.
nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2016, 07:26 PM   #5768
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

To answer your question, Nanners, it was a good mix of "all same" and all different secrets.

How do I... ?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2016, 07:13 AM   #5769
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanners View Post
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"]...did everyone do different ones, or did you all do the same secret 8 times?

I shared the same one with everybody.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2016, 08:59 AM   #5770
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I loved the postsecret projects and look forward to seeing what the participants of the next round come up with.

Here's some inspiration.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 09-13-2016, 01:52 PM   #5771
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,097 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

You GUYS. I got a mysterious package resembling a post secret project I didn't sign up for. You are all the BEST. It was so thoughtful and actually made me cry. Thank you to each and every one of you that chose to share a secret with me, some of you are known, and some of you are not, but I treasure each secret.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2016, 02:01 PM   #5772
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,097 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

1. Gemme
2. clay
3. GeorgiaMa'am
4. cara
5. nycfem
6. CCB

Sign up ends 9/16. Projects due to me on or before 10/14. They are officially late and the late rule applies on 10/22. See rule below.

The Five Elements Grid

PLUS ONE OF THESE

Keep the size of each piece reasonable; 5x7 or smaller. Remember to include $5 for shipping unless your pieces are on the larger side and then include more.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2016, 09:25 AM   #5773
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Do we have to do the weaving ourselves or can we incorporate something already woven into the project/piece?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2016, 04:51 AM   #5774
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSignFemme View Post
Do we have to do the weaving ourselves or can we incorporate something already woven into the project/piece?
I'm not going to be a stickler about that. As long as it's part of the project in some way, I'm happy.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 09-16-2016, 05:00 AM   #5775
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

1. Gemme
2. clay
3. GeorgiaMa'am
4. cara
5. nycfem
6. CCB

The Five Elements Grid

PLUS ONE OF THESE

Today is the last day to sign up! If you are interested, please do so. If you have questions, today is the last day to ask them for this particular project. I'm back at work so if any questions are asked, it will be later in the day before I will get the chance to answer them. I will compile the final list of participants tomorrow morning, to give those on opposite coasts time to join if they'd like, so sign up will run through the whole evening. No late additions!

I'm excited for this project! I know it sounds difficult, but it's really not. Your grid option could be the color red so you would use the color red in the project with some sort of weaving (it can be added to the project as long as it's a part of the project itself and we can tell that it's weaving) and you could incorporate a piece of wood into the project (popsicle stick, anyone?). Bam! You've met the minimum requirements and are good to go.

Please don't make this more difficult than it really is. The most important thing is to have FUN. This is a bit out of the box in terms of our normal projects and I'd love for those participating to let themselves go and be as free as you can. Maybe even a little wonky. I love wonky. Wonky art winds up on my walls all the time!

I'm misunderestimated.

Last edited by Gemme; 09-16-2016 at 05:05 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2016, 05:24 AM   #5776
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Alright! The sign up is CLOSED! No late sign ups allowed.

This is the final list of participants:

1. Gemme
2. clay
3. GeorgiaMa'am
4. cara
5. nycfem
6. CCB

Please see the post immediately before this one for details. Do not hesitate to ask if you have questions and make sure to get your 5 pieces and postage to me no later than October 14th. If they are received on or after the 22nd, they are late and you won't be able to participate in the last project of the year.

Everyone have fun and don't take yourself too seriously. I'm looking at a couple of you, specifically.

As a sidenote: maybe as a group, we should revisit the late rule as it is not 100% equal for all participants. Those who are late in the end of the year only have to wait out 1-2 projects but someone who is late in January has to wait all year. Something for us to touch on before the end of the year, maybe?

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 09-28-2016, 08:05 PM   #5777
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Hey, Gemmekins, has my package come in the mail yet?

How do I... ?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2016, 05:10 AM   #5778
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
Hey, Gemmekins, has my package come in the mail yet?
I'm not sure. I wasn't in the office yesterday so I don't know if it came but I didn't have any as of Tuesday. I'll let you know when I get it!

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 09-29-2016, 08:23 PM   #5779
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Your package did come yesterday, nyc! You did great and now I have to change my method for weaving because you did the same thing. lol

Great minds!!!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2016, 09:57 PM   #5780
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Married to my love 08.15.15

Thanked 13,254 Times in 2,724 Posts
cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation

I'm on a roll! Just wish I could find that one craft box that's got my do-dads in it.

❤️

~Wade Davis
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cara For This Useful Post:

Tags
artists, creative types