Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 07-28-2013, 06:56 PM   #561
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Today I played several rounds of basket ball till I was pouring sweat and breathing hard so I really got my heart rate up everytimd.Then palying with my dogs for a long time,we played pitch and fetch with balls and a frizby plus did some aglity traioning to keep them thinking...more tomorrow.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2013, 07:02 PM   #562
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,806 Times in 25,672 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

It was definitely a big day for me.

I started with half an hour of cardio (185 cal, 1.73 mi, 30:00 min) that included 3 interval runs @ 6.0 mph.

Then I did weight training for both upper and lower body for about an hour and 15-20 min and then some ab work. All in all, a little over 2 hours at the gym.

I think I'm going to be sore tomorrow.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2013, 07:26 PM   #563
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,743 Times in 5,090 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Today I did an hour on the Arc Trainer, Interval Program, Level 7. Then I did 30 minutes of floor exercises and weight lifting.

Jill was on the stairmaster in her usual black tight running shorts, six-pack abs, Underarmour brand bra, and baseball cap. Her female trainer friend was standing beside her talking to her. Jill is generally alone so it's always exciting to listen to her with a friend. It was hard to hear them, but here's what I caught from Jill of any substance: "He's an Italian stallion lover....never has time for me...." Poor Jill and her rotating lovers.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2013, 07:59 PM   #564
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,392 Times in 2,680 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation
Lightbulb

We are walking and climbing a lot, but it doesn't feel the same as when I weight train.

I know it would be ridiculous to skip vacation to work out, but I am seriously thinking about planning a few gym visits the next time we go away.

I'm sure some people feel, Phew, I'm skipping the gym when I'm on vacation, but I am so happy that I am learning to be good to myself.

I also gave myself permission to budget 'maintenance' calories while away, which is substantially more food than I am used to eating, and my body doesn't feel great.

It is true that I feel so much more fit than I have in years, and we are having a lot more fun because I am so much more comfortable.
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2013, 08:12 PM   #565
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,894 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Life has been stressful lately. Not even necessarily bad stress, just stress. Unfortunately, instead of going to the gym to work off the tension, I come home and remain in a somewhat grumpy mood.

So lately....mainly just walking the dog has been the exercise of the Dapper.

I think that I need to figure out how to change to being a morning worker outer. It is just hard to do it after work unless I have made a commitment to a work out friend. My two friends have also struggled to keep focused and either skip working out or when they do work out, want to go to those stupid cardio classes (I'm not into the class thing). Too, we have all been taking vacations (or just time off from work), so that has messed up the routine, as well.

Grrr..excuses, excuses...

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2013, 07:33 PM   #566
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,743 Times in 5,090 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Today I did 1 hr 15 min on the Arc Trainer, Level 7, Interval program. I watched "I'm having their baby." It sounds cheesy but I'm finding the show pretty gripping. I mean, think about it! Someone else is potentially having someone else's baby and they can decide to back out at the last minute. It's worth enduring extra cardio agony to make it through that crucial "Will you sign the papers?" hospital scene.

Then I did 45 minutes of weights, core, and yoga.

Gym interaction during the non-TV part of my work-out:

Older fit white man, not a regular, lays beside the "balance pad," a blue foam square used for certain exercises.

I walk up to him and say, "Are you using that?"

He says, "Yes."

I say, "Can I have it when you're done? I'll be right over here." I point to a mat nearby.

He says, "How much are you going to pay me?"

I force a laugh and walk away.

Out of the corner of my eye I watch to see if he is really using that foam blue square. Hmmm... not that I can see.

About ten minutes later, he shouts to me, "I'm done!" and zings it at me like a Frisbee. I catch it.

There are, perhaps, undercurrents of passive aggressive feelings on both sides in this interaction, but there's nothing like having an awkward, adrenaline inducing gym interaction to process while doing some end-of-work-out stretching.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2013, 08:31 PM   #567
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

I took some days off but got back on track a few days ago.

So...

I have five workout DVD's -- some which have never been unwrapped

I decided to, for the next five days, exercise to a different one each day.

OMG!

SO much harder than my usual treadmill/elliptical/bike routines. Panting! Sweating! Hurting! Blast that Jillian and Jackie! And...AND...they are only 30 minutes long! Wow--what a workout crammed into those minutes!

Anyway, onward to DVD #3 tomorrow...Jillian's gonna bust my abs somewhere I think.
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2013, 05:37 AM   #568
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon View Post
I took some days off but got back on track a few days ago.

So...

I have five workout DVD's -- some which have never been unwrapped

I decided to, for the next five days, exercise to a different one each day.

OMG!

SO much harder than my usual treadmill/elliptical/bike routines. Panting! Sweating! Hurting! Blast that Jillian and Jackie! And...AND...they are only 30 minutes long! Wow--what a workout crammed into those minutes!

Anyway, onward to DVD #3 tomorrow...Jillian's gonna bust my abs somewhere I think.
Good job! Keep it up!

Yes, videos/aerobic classes can really kick some ass...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2013, 08:00 AM   #569
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I have been sweating hard,working out like a maniack,eating enough salads to choke a horse then finaly got down to 5258,damn I got on thes cale and have gained 2 pounds.I also have eaten a bit more than useal being I have been comeing home pretty late from the pool hall starveing then ate something late at night,now I also know me getting up twice in the early a.m. to let the pups out and drinking hot chockolate while waiting caould have done it but I couldnt have been that bad...I will stop the early am eating.The only prob I have with dieting is I have to be in some state of hungry all the time for it to work,it just won't work other wise.I'm back on tow waggons to go back to square one.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2013, 05:13 PM   #570
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Default Smart friend!

So, one of my two work-out coworkers was going to the gym. It was planned again of time, but I really wasn't into it by the end of the day. But, her encouragement got me going. So, here we are, on the elipticals next to each other for all of 5 minutes and she says...."Ummmm, I am going to head over to the yoga class". I was like whaaaaa???? She said, "well, I thought maybe you wouldn't come if I told you I was going to the class and you needed to get in here! " ha! Smart friend! I must admit I was only on the machine for a few minutes before being glad that I was there.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2013, 07:04 PM   #571
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,542 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Thumbs up Locker room update

I thought I would come back and give a quick update on what I have found to be the "locker room situation" now that I have had time to try it out.

As it turns out, when I decided to go to a place that was exclusively a pool instead of a gym + pool combo, it made a huge difference. I don't know for sure, but I think it is because in this locker room everybody who is in there either currently is, just was, or soon will be, nekkid. Nobody is there just to drop off their gear or make a quick shirt change. The only reason to be there is to swim.

I have had no negative looks or reactions, no comments, and am generally just not even noticed.

Another piece of this maybe the fact that it is a college, a women's college. It is summer and therefore mostly alumni and their families using the place, and a few other folks that have discovered the public can get in.

The upshot is, the only person who is bothered by me being there, or even gives it a second thought, is me. I just have to get over myself. Frankly, even that part is not as bad as I thought it would be. I just take care of business, get in and out quick.

When school is back in session it will be mostly college students. Normally this would give me pause, but again it is a women's college. I suspect that most of the people in there will be young, nubile…

Wait a minute…

Hey! There might be an upside to this after all…

*I'm kidding!!!*

Eyes front at all times.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2013, 07:11 PM   #572
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,206 Times in 3,029 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

My exercise for the past 24 hours has been giving multiple baths to my 100 lb lab after he went and got sprayed by a skunk.
Not cool.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2013, 07:32 PM   #573
Chelsius

How Do You Identify?:
Queerdo Lady Unit
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Chelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST Reputation

Walked 2 miles with a bit of weight training for the upper body.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Chelsius For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2013, 08:01 PM   #574
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,542 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Thumbs up Today part 2

Today was a really great day.

This morning I did a light 3 miles on the beach and pulled off in order to save some for the pool.

Something I have been seeing at the pool and looking into on my own is something called the pool swimmers snorkel. It goes right at the center between your eyes and allows you to lap swim without having to turn your head for air. After reading tons of reviews and opinions, that there seems to be three reasons for this. One, as a sort of "training wheels" device for beginners . Two, a training aid for exercise swimmers and people who want to concentrate on stroke form. Three, a rehab device for people rehabbing from neck or spinal surgery, or those with problems in those areas, (me). My coach mentioned to this to me in the past as something that she had used with other students, and I have seen my friend from the beach using it periodically during her lap swims.

Today I showed up at the pool and was just starting to get a little bit warm when I saw my friend show up. I flagged her down to ask her opinion and see how she liked hers and what brand it was. She said she loved it and couldn't say enough good about it, then she said that she had a brand-new extra one in her car and ran off to get it for me so that I could try it. It was exactly the brand and model that I was thinking about getting, how fun that I could try it out right then and there! Of course wearing this thing with goggles and all makes you look like an alien.

I tried it and I am hooked. Right off the bat, I swam all the way across the pool freestyle with no flotation device assisting me, completely comfortably and without panic. I had also been watching some swimming stroke videos on YouTube that my coach recommended, and was able to start working on technique by feel. About 45 minutes later, my coach showed up to instruct somebody else and saw me. She was very encouraging and spent the 10 minutes she was waiting for the other student watching what I was doing, critiquing me, and giving me tips. Almost like a free lesson!

I'll tell you what, when you can actually go for it and try hard without flailing around and being panicked half the time this is really a good workout. I thought I was getting worn out before! At an hour and 10 minutes I was completely dog tired. Today was the most outright fun I've had so far, and I can't wait for the next time.

I finished up with a nice soak in the hot tub and the sunshine.

Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2013, 09:02 PM   #575
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,372 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

A ton of walking on the dreadmill, mostly at max incline, 3.5 miles per hour, during my lunch & break, then around the call center "track" (my supervisor figured out today that 6 laps around our quad equals .25 miles)....I also did leg stuff (leg press & calf raises).

I love how my legs feel so powerful after working hard on them, but I could do without the tired feet.
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2013, 11:05 PM   #576
batennisboy

How Do You Identify?:
Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
In love with the fuzzy yellow objects of my affection.

batennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputation

Tired. Took a break today.
batennisboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to batennisboy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2013, 11:27 PM   #577
sierragirrl

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
<3

Thanked 2,870 Times in 667 Posts
sierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

went for an hour and a half walk
not sure how far I went but something is better then nothing..
sierragirrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sierragirrl For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2013, 11:37 PM   #578
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Yesterday was very buisy so I didnt get to work out,but I did the day before really hard 50% cardio & 50% abbs,I am now up to 166 crunchies as fas as I can do them.I also did a lot of basket ball wich is a good cardio with the joging/running /bending to get the ball then running in for the shot.Funny thing is if I think about runing I fell heavy footed as well as uncordanated but if I just don't think about it and just do it I can get around pretty well...go figure.It has gotten very hot and humid lately so I am working out as late as I can or really early in the morning depending on whats going on.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2013, 02:55 PM   #579
alexri

How Do You Identify?:
-

Thanked 2,799 Times in 468 Posts
alexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputation

45 minutes this AM for triceps & biceps plus warmup and cool down. This afternoon is yardwork, and the weekend days are my rest days.

It's time for me to do some special things for myself, so I'm picking up just a couple of races this year.

I am booked for the Turning Stone Half Marathon (Verona, NY) in August, the Gulf Beach Half (Milford, CT) in Sept, the Hartford Half (CT) and Newport Half (RI) in October on an awesome double race weekend, and the Fall River Half (MA) in October. This year has been a financial whack in the face so I'm keeping myself limited to local, well-run, affordable events.

I had a racing goal for next year but that's been pretty much shot to heck now.
alexri is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to alexri For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2013, 05:23 PM   #580
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

Did a 30 minute Jillian Michaels' Ab DVD <--wtf. planks? burpies? really?! my core and upper body strength is crap. I had to majorly modify some moves as well as sit and catch my breath at various points as these physical fitness maniacs carried on!

After that torture, went on the treadmill for 25 at a brisk pace but nothing crazy (3.3 was highest I think).
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights