Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Thanked 15,246 Times in 3,064 Posts
Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation

1. Did you make any New Year's resolutions last year? If so, what?
Same as every year. Work to improve who I am.

2. Did you keep your resolutions?
Yes, but I still need more work.

3. What is the biggest/most important lesson you learned over the last year?
I had three big lessons this year:

Be careful what you wish for because you may get it and find it isn't at all what you thought it would be.

Just because you are in the right doesn't mean the guilty party will pay in any way, shape, or form.

My honey and I can get through anything together.

4. What is one thing that you meant to accomplish but didn't?
Considering everything that went on last year, I think I did really well with the things I meant to accomplish. If I missed something...oh, well!

5. What was the biggest change in your life over the last year?
Being in daily touch with my mother after a 16 year hiatus.

6. Do you like cheese?
I adore cheese. Cheese by itself, cheese on other foods, cheese in the middle of foods.....

7. Did anyone new come into your life over the last year?
Yes. A lot of new family came into my life this year. I wish I could say I like them all but the truth is there are a few I don't.

8. What are you most thankful for over the last year?
I am thankful for the good that came out of the bad over the year. I am thankful for my honey who held my hand the entire way. I am thankful for friends who were there physically and emotionally.

9. Will you make any New Year's resolutions this year? If yes, what?
Same one as every year... to work on myself as a person.

10. Name one new thing that you plan to do in 2012.
Take my honey on a well deserved vacation to Maui.

What we think about and thank about, we bring about!

Today I will treat my body with love and respect.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2011, 11:35 AM   #42
uglyboi

How Do You Identify?:
As the 'The Bourne Identity'
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cheerful pessimist
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,212 Times in 327 Posts
uglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputation

Yes, going to the doctor for a check up. Well it ended up being more than a check up, but hello it's all good.

Surely did.

That there is no shame in saying, "I don't know"

Spray-painting “Uglyboi Rules!” on the Great Wall of China.

That I have underpromised, overprepared, an overdelivered.

6. Do you like cheese?
I sneak downstairs in the middle of the night and eat it out of the refrigerator.

Yes, and boy did they keep me on my toes the last three months. Saying good bye to all of them January 3, 2012.

Beasley's health. I almost lost her in May. Hemoglobin of 3! Thankful for each person that has had a part of her recovery! Thankful and grateful to the man above who was by our side the entire time!

I will stop saying,” Ooh, that feels nice” whenever a security guards frisk me at airports.

Marry Beasley (shhhhhhhhhh) and try to be more 2012 instead of 2006.

Last edited by uglyboi; 12-31-2011 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Now I can not find the reason I am editing. *spit*
uglyboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 12:08 PM   #43
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,783 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Reviving this thread for this New Year!

No I didn't, but I did have things I wanted to accomplish. This year I plan on writing things down. I think of them more as personal goals than New Year's resolutions, but that may just be semantics.

Some I did, some I didn't. I did cut out toxic people out of my life and got a new apartment. I didn't lose weight, get into shape or get as far along with my websites as I would have liked to.

How important it is to stay positive and to not let negative/toxic people bring you down.

Losing weight and getting in shape.

Meeting Belle and moving to Tennessee. It has been so amazing! I really did find true love when I wasn't expecting it.

6. Do you like cheese?

Yes

Belle Also getting to meet people at the reunion in person- some of whom I have known for years online- was another highlight.

My amazing partner. She tells and shows me how much she loves me many times daily. I am so happy and feel I can do anything with her love and support.

Yes, I will make some more specific goals and write them down. They include:
- lose weight, eat healthy & get in shape
- financial goals with my websites
- start playing the guitar again
- get back to writing fiction again
- have the time of my life with Belle and appreciate and cherish every moment with her

Become a Grill Meister out on the deck

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2011, 12:26 PM   #44
Turtle

How Do You Identify?:
A mixity
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatever
Relationship Status:
chillin

Thanked 4,531 Times in 1,222 Posts
Turtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST Reputation
Default Ye-ah!

Nope, don't make New Year's resolutions.

Not applicable :-)

Chill and wait, breathe, and wait some more...trust.

I wanted to get thru my avoidance of large crowds to get to a hot air balloon show. I'll get there.

The end of my long-term relationship.

6. Do you like cheese?
Hell yeah!

Yes, lots of New Magnificent Ones.

FRIENDS, many of whom are here. Thank you.

Nope.

10. Name one new thing that you plan to do in 2011.
New...take a watercolor painting class.
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 12:46 PM   #45
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Wow...I had forgotten even posting in this thread last year. So strange to read my own words...and know now all the things I didn't see coming only a year ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
Yes...to make the move from upstate NY to Florida...to successfully transition into a new job with the same employer...and to get in better physical shape.

Two out of three ain't bad

That I needed to cut some toxic people out of my life...which I did. Since one was my only blood sibling...that was difficult.

Weight loss and better physical health.

2010 was a year of big change for me...starting a new job within my company that required learning a whole new set of skills....my relationship with Scoote...moving to Florida....buying a house (with Scoote)....ending my relationship with my sister and another toxic individual who had been sucking me dry emotionally for several years...and that's just the big stuff!

6. Do you like cheese?
Yes, especially my son's cheesy grins.

Well...Scoote came into my life in 2009, but our relationship changed signficantly in 2010.

Wow...most thankful? I've had a year full of blessings...a good relationship, a new home, no snow to shovel, continued stability with my diabetes, doing well at a new job, surviving several rounds of layoffs, less negative drama, my son doing well at his new school with honor roll and Odyssey of the Mind....so many things!

Yes...to complete coursework to earn my Project Management certification, to take Scoote and the boys on a truly nice vacation, to improve my finances by paying down debt and increasing savings....and to follow through on that neglected 2010 resolution...and get in better physical shape.

10. Name one new thing that you plan to do in 2011.
Ummmm.....can't think of a thing.
2011 was tough year...the hardest I've had in a very long time...with my mother's cancer, tremendous stress at work and relationship changes....it's like my life got turned upside down and shaken.

In the end, it has all turned out....my son is doing very well....my mother is making progress and we are having time to basically say a very long goodbye...and my health is better than it has been in a decade.

The end of the year has taken a brighter turn...despite the ongoing challenges...and I have high hopes that 2012 will be an excellent year.

So.....for the coming 2012:

* Yes, to get my Project Management certification, to improve my finances, to take a nice family vacation and to get in better physical shape.

* Mostly....I received my MPM certification in the mail just yesterday....the PMP (the gold standard in the industry) will be this spring. My finances are shot. We did some weekend trips and had a week in the Bahamas, thanks to Scoote's work at Papa John's....and I've improved my health and lost 10% of my body weight even though I haven't exercised like I planned.

* That I need to follow the flight attendant's instructions...and put on my own oxygen mask first before helping those around me. This is true in all of life...not just on planes.

* Financial stability....at this point more important than getting in shape.

* There were two...the end of a relationship that I thought was the forever one...and my mother's terminal cancer and the role I've needed to take as her caregiver.

6. Do you like cheese?
* Yes, and I would like a grilled cheese sandwich right now, please and thank you.

* Yes, several friends on the site who have been incredibly supportive and helpful....several new work colleagues....and someone who makes me smile and laugh and feel like myself again.

* That hope is eternal....and life finds a way. And...that my son is doing beautifully and growing into a truly good person I'm proud of every day.

* Get my finances repaired and stable again. Continue with my new eating patterns to continue to improve my health. Continue my career growth by getting my PMP designation. Build friendships and keep them dear. Let myself be cared for the way I care for others.

* Be on the top of someone's list.
Old 12-31-2011, 01:57 PM   #46
CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,151 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Reviving this thread for this New Year!

Nope.

See above.

Dyke bikers are the best, most supportive people on earth.

Finish and rent out that studio apartment on the ground floor of my house.

Getting hit by a car in April 2011.

6. Do you like cheese?

I loooooooove cheese! I look forward to being able to eat it again in my next life. For the remainder of this one, I'm happy to watch others eat cheese. If we go out to dinner together I hope that you will order something with cheese so I can watch.

I think so. This may be what they call 'dating'.

Not ending up in a wheelchair, or worse, as a result of getting hit by a car in April. There were 9 breaks to my lumbar spine, including 4 breaks in L5. I had no spinal chord injury, which seems impossible. Or miraculous. Or both. Even more miraculous, because nothing was displaced, spinal surgery was not necessary. My pelvis was shattered, but the doctors put it back together beautifully. My broken ribs didn't puncture my lung. My broken hand healed perfectly, which is important when you're a professional sculptor. My femur was not broken, which seems impossible when the extent of the soft tissue damage in my thigh became known. My bones are strong, and writing that I was fortunate seems like the world's biggest understatement. My body produced a huge adrenaline surge that carried me through months of aggressive PT. I healed as fast as a teenaged athlete. No, I'm not exaggerating. I was dragging my knees around the track for two glorious track days in August, just four months after I got hit. (I was between surgeries.) My friends took care of my needs before I even knew I had them, (see #3). To top it all off, even though I've had a few setbacks, I'm going to get 100% function back by late winter of 2012, just as I said I would. Not 90%. Not even 98%. I will absolutely get 100% back. Period. And I'm still financially solvent. That's its own miracle, and I never take it for granted.

Nope.

Buy a new race bike!
CherylNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CherylNYC For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2012, 09:06 PM   #47
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,872 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

KindA excited that I am already making good on several New Year's resolutions in the form of:

*stopping smoking

and

* starting to plow through the literally THOUSANDS of CD's that are piled all over the office that contain anything from random music to photos to pieces of writing.

I dumped 40gig worth of shit from my hard drive today backed up everything I own so I can fill it back up again with my new found "treasures"
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2012, 09:21 PM   #48
blush

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
I'm with goofy.

Thanked 2,376 Times in 616 Posts
blush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputation

I don't remember!

See above

Their truth doesn't have to be my truth.

I didn't win the lottery.

I expect more from myself.

6. Do you like cheese?
Yes, and sometimes cottage cheese.

I've met some awesome people!

I got to spend another year with Goof, who makes every day better.

Yes, I want to go on 2 new adventures this year with my family. I want to keep my pinkie promise to my mom.

Disneyland!!
blush is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to blush For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2012, 10:07 PM   #49
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Last year i believe it was to get into better shape.

Not totally however, i did cut out most sugars and did get more exercise. Just not enough

Trust myself. Rely on myself. Taking small steps in my life is frustrating but they are finally paying off...my house, my job, my heart. It's all finally coming together.

Didn't loose all the weight i wanted.

I met my soul mate and then moved in together. Huge change. But, it's like we've always been together. We fit like apples and cores.

6. Do you like cheese?
Oh yes, very much so. Thank you for asking.

My Bully!!!!! Met some awesome people at the reunion for the first time. It was an amazing year for meeting people.

Meeting Bully, my mom still around, my kids are doing great and healthy and happy and i thank Goodness we both have good jobs. They are so hard to come by.

Yes, the healthy thing again. But, this year i've made preparations. Lots of them and starting tomorrow it's a go.

Live life to the fullest. Enjoy every second of precious time and the seconds between the seconds!!!!!

Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2012, 11:28 PM   #50
Passionaria

How Do You Identify?:
Urban Bohemian : http://youtu.be/IM96Ch9Gx4A

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,249 Posts
Passionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST Reputation
Default Aye, and what a year it was.........

Last year I purposely made none, henceforth broke none!

Yes effortlessly

This was a year of Many lessons, good lessons, most learned the hard way. (hmmm maybe I should make resolutions and choose my fate?) The most valuable is about self love. But how I learned it? *pout* Serious ******* *pout*.

Taking a test. Sigh, damn those sweet diversions. I'm on it now though.

Accepting that I AM an Austinite, and need to proceed accordingly.

6. Do you like cheese?
Love it. Although if it smells like dirty socks or worse, ehhh I just can't .

Yes my new Grandson, born on Cinco de Mayo as well as a certain delicious diversion who I adored.

Reconnecting spiritually. Gaining a new crazy family. Learning to play Everquest. (Anyone who knows me, knows the odds of me playing a game like that are slim to none.) Sigh, sweet inspiration. Now I miss the game and crave my characters.Balmont darling, REALLY??? you suck. *pout*

Yes, especially after the rogue lessons of last year!! Two I will share are: moving from my Spanglish speaking mode into bilingual, and making dance a part of my life again.

Be irresistible. Seriously irresistible.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Passionaria For This Useful Post: