Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 08-07-2013, 07:59 PM   #621
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,113 Times in 3,390 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
How many DVDs do you have again?
5! One for each day of the work week! Have i ever DONE 5 in 5? No. But I COULD if I wanted! i like keeping my options open!
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2013, 08:09 PM   #622
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,884 Times in 5,774 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon View Post
5! One for each day of the work week! Have i ever DONE 5 in 5? No. But I COULD if I wanted! i like keeping my options open!
I remember you mentioning having 5 of them, but thought that was a series. So, after I saw non series types names I started wondering!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2013, 08:13 PM   #623
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I remember you mentioning having 5 of them, but thought that was a series. So, after I saw non series types names I started wondering!
yeah, they're all different
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2013, 08:55 AM   #624
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,420 Times in 2,688 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation

I had a massage last night, and I was exhausted and sore afterwards. I wasn't really surprised because she focused on my poor tense back muscles.

I had a little cottage cheese before water aerobics this morning, and I was still shaky from hunger, or the hot tub, after class. I think I have to eat more if I add extra workouts.
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2013, 02:54 PM   #625
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,573 Times in 2,648 Posts
ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

Last night, we hit the gym again -- I did the bike for 30 minutes, RPM average 78-98, skilled level of 7, and went about 5.4 miles. Talk about sweat.

My wife, she did the treadmill and said she was a bit disappointed that it didn't raise her past a 3.5 incline.

Afterwards, we hit a few weights-- arms mostly. Legs tonight, after our cardio workout.
ahk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2013, 03:01 PM   #626
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Default Almost ready.

I'm sitting in the recliner in my workout clothes and runners.

I thought I'd pop in to get some much needed motivation.

Before I just give up and find some
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2013, 04:44 PM   #627
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,739 Times in 5,099 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Rinse and repeat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
I did 30 minutes of sprints on the gym stairs while lifting weights.
Done!

Leftwritefemme also came over for lunch today which wasn't exercise but was too fun not to be worthy of mention!

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2013, 05:11 PM   #628
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Default I'm on a roll!

Cardio Burn for Weight Loss
basically 30 mins (divided up into three sections of ten minutes) of fitness walking with some aerobic movements--it's a good workout!

...and 25 moderate pace walk on the treadmill
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2013, 07:02 PM   #629
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

45 minute muscle toner on elliptical. That typically results in a bit over 3 miles and a bit over 400 calories ( yes, at this point I am WELL PAST interesting things to share about my workouts) Two days ago a muscle head guy pointed out my poor stance when working triceps with free weights ( nope, still not interesting)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2013, 07:09 PM   #630
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,775 Times in 25,689 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
45 minute muscle toner on elliptical. That typically results in a bit over 3 miles and a bit over 400 calories ( yes, at this point I am WELL PAST interesting things to share about my workouts) Two days ago a muscle head guy pointed out my poor stance when working triceps with free weights ( nope, still not interesting)
Clearly you go to a boring gym and/or are not particularly observant.

I skipped today but yesterday's workout was interesting in the people watching department. Towards the end of my workout an absolutely adorable geriatric couple got on the treadmills in front of me. The lady was teeny tiny and wore a soft butter yellow knit short sleeved shirt and light khaki capris. I could tell she was wearing some sort of adult undergarment but that's cuz her butt was in my line of vision for 20 minutes. To my knowledge, I haven't started casing the gym for geriatric cruising.

Oh, she hung her purse on the right handle of the machine and she was on oxygen. It took her a few minutes for her to get going but she put, put, putted along for a while. The husband stopped before she did.

The husband was tall and dressed well. He had a light blue button up tucked into darker khaki (and maybe a touch of gray too) pants with a brown belt and matching loafers.

I walked behind them and thought about how they came to meet and how they got where they were....basically I rewrote their lives for them. I hope they know their names are Arthur and Barbara.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2013, 07:44 PM   #631
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

I go to a ghetto gym so there are only a small number of people there. Additionally, I tend to keep my eyes adverted because I feel bad. Since it is a ghetto gym it is the rare person that is in shape there. I feel like people would be uncomfortable if they thought people were watching them. Seriously, I don't look at people for this reason.

I also think that no one looks at anyone there. Is that weird? This is my first gym experience and I guess I assumed unless it was one of those gyms where cruising is common, people just do their own thing and don't engage/ don't have eye contact with each other. Or maybe I am at a socially remedial gym?

Someone enlighten me.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2013, 07:58 PM   #632
Metro

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,915 Times in 733 Posts
Metro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST Reputation

Today I did my usual morning 35" speed walk with the pup then headed downtown to Navy Pier for the afternoon (played hooky today) where I walked at least 3 round trip lengths of the pier while at the Tall Ships Festival. I think that is about 3+ miles in total. Upon returning home (to a happy pup who missed me because 7 hours might as well have been 7 years from her perspective) went on a 3/4 length speed walk with her thru the nearby University nature preserve. Exhausted and plan to sleep soundly tonight!
Metro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Metro For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2013, 11:13 PM   #633
batennisboy

How Do You Identify?:
Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
In love with the fuzzy yellow objects of my affection.

batennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputation

Failure today. Went for a quick swim and hot tub instead. Stretch tomorrow. *sigh*
batennisboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to batennisboy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2013, 05:07 AM   #634
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,775 Times in 25,689 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I go to a ghetto gym so there are only a small number of people there. Additionally, I tend to keep my eyes adverted because I feel bad. Since it is a ghetto gym it is the rare person that is in shape there. I feel like people would be uncomfortable if they thought people were watching them. Seriously, I don't look at people for this reason.

I also think that no one looks at anyone there. Is that weird? This is my first gym experience and I guess I assumed unless it was one of those gyms where cruising is common, people just do their own thing and don't engage/ don't have eye contact with each other. Or maybe I am at a socially remedial gym?

Someone enlighten me.
A socially remedial gym? For some reason that tickled me for a second.

First, the size of a person is not a determinator (determining factor, but I like the way I said it first better) of their fitness level. I'm pretty sure we all know this but I just wanted to put it out there. Second, some people will care and some won't. You'll get that anywhere you go.

Is it in a high crime area? That might be a reason people don't go looking around. If so, find another gym.

You have a point. People may cruise at that gym but, from my experience, that seems to happen at the larger brands and those that are right on the beach kind of gym, where there are a lot of 'hard bodies'.

I think you should just relax and work out and not think about where you should or should not look. That takes too much effort away from your workout, which is why you are there, right?

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2013, 05:49 AM   #635
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Oh, I don't put any effort into it, as I said before the place is pretty empty. You know, people also won't give me eye contact there. Like when you are passing by them and you smile they either avoid contact or don't smile/look through you. Is this normal? Perhaps they are "in their own heads" I think I need to go with TF to Planet Fitness to assess this I called my place a ghetto gym due to the small number of machines. It actually was probably a poor choice of words to begin with. Sorry

It is an employee gym. I work at a hospital/outpatient medical offices. Hospital nurses do tend to be grumpy people. Perhaps it is carry over from their work day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
A socially remedial gym? For some reason that tickled me for a second.

First, the size of a person is not a determinator (determining factor, but I like the way I said it first better) of their fitness level. I'm pretty sure we all know this but I just wanted to put it out there. Second, some people will care and some won't. You'll get that anywhere you go.

Is it in a high crime area? That might be a reason people don't go looking around. If so, find another gym.

You have a point. People may cruise at that gym but, from my experience, that seems to happen at the larger brands and those that are right on the beach kind of gym, where there are a lot of 'hard bodies'.

I think you should just relax and work out and not think about where you should or should not look. That takes too much effort away from your workout, which is why you are there, right?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2013, 07:50 AM   #636
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,420 Times in 2,688 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation
Question

Quote:

<snip>

It is an employee gym. I work at a hospital/outpatient medical offices. Hospital nurses do tend to be grumpy people. Perhaps it is carry over from their work day?
I wonder whether your colleagues are trying to create some distance and privacy for themselves.

I teach in a local school, and I exercise at a local Y, and I don't always want to have to interact with parents and students on my down time.

It's hard to tell who's more embarrassed to see me changing in the locker room.
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2013, 09:01 AM   #637
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Dapper, I think gyms are a kind of Introvert Paradise in terms of how people do their thing without having much interaction (not talking or even having eye contact). But yet relationships still develop. That's part of the magic of the gym for me. When I see people over and over and we're not talking to or looking directly at each other, I make note of them and write my own stories about them in my head. What else is there to do? The gym can be boring!

How do I... ?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2013, 02:32 PM   #638
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Ok, so my gym is "normal" Thanks.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2013, 02:53 PM   #639
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,162 Times in 2,006 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

I have been reluctant to admit it but I have been going to a gym of sorts. I do cardio rehab three times a week. I am getting stronger and have worked my self up to a real work out sweat without keeling over.

I am primarily surrounded by elderly straight white men . Next to them I am the youngster in the house. I notice the men seem to be a little competitive. I can see them working hard to keep up with the guy next to them. There are a couple of women but they seem to be focused on their own work out and not competing.

Most of the guys talk with one another, they do not talk with me. I suspect they are trying to figure out my gender. Every day I get referred to as maam and sir.

And finally, the other day I was working my heart out, (so to speak) and the music playing in the background was Old School Motown sound. My kind of music. Anyway, one of the older guys shouted out "Please turn off that noise." Then most of the others in the gym nodded in agreement. Quickly it was switched to country music. Guess what the song was about....Something about how America is going to kick the Taliban's butt. I had to just shake my head, close my eyes and try to make believe I was somewhere else.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2013, 06:50 PM   #640
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Same old:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
I did 30 minutes of sprints on the gym stairs while lifting weights.
It's weird how I'll suddenly get obsessed with one thing and then it changes! I do the same with food.

The stairs at the gym (4 flights) are open, so you can watch each floor. Of course, I watched Jill a bit. It's hard not to--she's always there! Now I'm on a few week break between working summer school and the regular school year, so it's understandable why I'm at the gym during the day... but why is Jill there? Does she have a trust fund? Because she's there at night too! She kind of doesn't look like someone who'd be drowning in money. She looks and sounds rough around the edges. I still remain baffled by her. The most exciting moment today was when Jill's trainer friend (muscular, African American, butch looking straight woman) took a cell phone photo with Jill on her back. Wow, I wish I was on their Facebook...

How do I... ?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights