Notices

Old 12-22-2011, 01:23 PM   #6981
Inked_Trinity

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
BadAss! / Sarcastic Bastard!

Thanked 6,924 Times in 1,817 Posts
Inked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby_woo View Post
Completely distracted at work today. We've decided to throw in the towel on getting any work done, and sit around one of the meeting rooms later this afternoon watching Elf, eating cookies, and drinking Bailey's. One of my coworkers is wearing a red snuggie with a Santa hat at her desk. She looks like Papa Smurf.
I want to work where you work!
Old 12-22-2011, 01:37 PM   #6982
pinkgeek

How Do You Identify?:
that grrl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, grrl, piranha, monkey
Relationship Status:
captured....

Thanked 1,456 Times in 311 Posts
pinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputation
Default It's windy in Oakland....

Therefore... A King Lear quote comes to mind..

"Blow, winds, and crack your cheeks! rage! blow!
You cataracts and hurricanoes, spout
Till you have drenched our steeples, drowned the cocks!
You sulphurous and thought-executing fires,
Vaunt-couriers to oak-cleaving thunderbolts,
Singe my white head! And thou, all-shaking thunder,
Strike flat the thick rotundity o' the world!
Crack nature's moulds, all germens spill at once
That make ingrateful man!"

"I‘m heir to madness. Vessel of perversion. Your nightmare should you cross me."

((Want to read about my life in Hawaii and my ongoing war against the roosters and my pony size dog and my wedding?)) http://www.alohafemme.wordpress.com/
pinkgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pinkgeek For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2011, 02:26 PM   #6983
Pixie

How Do You Identify?:
Equal Opportunity Friend
Preferred Pronoun?:
Girl
Relationship Status:
in service

Thanked 4,104 Times in 1,332 Posts
Pixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST Reputation

Moving, the weather, and school.

-Pixie-

Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pixie For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2011, 02:28 PM   #6984
ruby_woo

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,941 Times in 376 Posts
ruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inked_Trinity View Post
I want to work where you work!
Did I mention we have beer on Fridays? Because we totally have beer on Fridays.
ruby_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ruby_woo For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2011, 02:38 PM   #6985
Inked_Trinity

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
BadAss! / Sarcastic Bastard!

Thanked 6,924 Times in 1,817 Posts
Inked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I'm SOOOOO THERE! Of course I would have to cut the sleeves off my snuggie so I would look tough!
Old 12-22-2011, 04:01 PM   #6986
TheDreadPirateRoberts

How Do You Identify?:
self made
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
perfectly content with true love

TheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST Reputation

missing someone's voice......having to help pack a bag....movie dates....snuggles....and stocking stuff
TheDreadPirateRoberts is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheDreadPirateRoberts For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2011, 04:14 PM   #6987
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

Life in general and getting things going

Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2011, 04:46 PM   #6988
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
BBW. Unique femininity that does not encompass the western paradigm.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:
Single, Happy, not Desparate or Looking, but Open to Possibilities...

Thanked 6,035 Times in 1,617 Posts
1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation

That some members of my Scottish family maybe finally accepting the fact that I'm gay. ....I'm forever the optimist.

1QuirkyKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 1QuirkyKiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2011, 04:58 PM   #6989
JackMcGrath
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:
Permanently Banned 12/30/11 - Previously banned member under a new name

JackMcGrath Has the BEST ReputationJackMcGrath Has the BEST ReputationJackMcGrath Has the BEST ReputationJackMcGrath Has the BEST ReputationJackMcGrath Has the BEST ReputationJackMcGrath Has the BEST ReputationJackMcGrath Has the BEST ReputationJackMcGrath Has the BEST ReputationJackMcGrath Has the BEST ReputationJackMcGrath Has the BEST ReputationJackMcGrath Has the BEST Reputation

Today has been a very strange day. Emotional. Thought provocating. Stalling in plans, for 2 very good reasons. Yet, I can not help but wonder.....

I think I shall peruse the rest of the forum and contribute on this day, it seems the wise thing to do.
JackMcGrath is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JackMcGrath For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2011, 05:09 PM   #6990
Sassy

How Do You Identify?:
Female
Relationship Status:
Together

Thanked 1,928 Times in 460 Posts
Sassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I totally have Beer Friday ENVY... *pouts prettily*
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 03:11 PM   #6991
JackMcGrath
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:
Permanently Banned 12/30/11 - Previously banned member under a new name

JackMcGrath Has the BEST ReputationJackMcGrath Has the BEST ReputationJackMcGrath Has the BEST ReputationJackMcGrath Has the BEST ReputationJackMcGrath Has the BEST ReputationJackMcGrath Has the BEST ReputationJackMcGrath Has the BEST ReputationJackMcGrath Has the BEST ReputationJackMcGrath Has the BEST ReputationJackMcGrath Has the BEST ReputationJackMcGrath Has the BEST Reputation

On my mind, though Life may hand me a disappointment now and again. .. I am still able to stand up and dust myself off and move forward. I have a wonderful and loving family that means the world to me. Though there are miles inbetween one phone call from my Mom and she is right here.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Also, never forget to tell family, friends, whoever is important in your life that you love them. It takes only momemts to say the words, however it would be a life filled with regret if you had not and they were no longer in your life to give that moment to.
JackMcGrath is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JackMcGrath For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2011, 03:13 PM   #6992
TheDreadPirateRoberts

How Do You Identify?:
self made
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

TheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST Reputation

what you're thinking at this very moment.....how excited the kids will be for christmas morning....how long until i hear my beautiful dear ones voices again...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheDreadPirateRoberts For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2011, 04:53 PM   #6993
TheDreadPirateRoberts

How Do You Identify?:
self made
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

....reflecting on today.... being excited to have my monster back soon....and new yrs dates *smiles*
The Following User Says Thank You to TheDreadPirateRoberts For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2011, 06:44 PM   #6994
Scuba

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Flying Solo

Thanked 8,048 Times in 1,618 Posts
Scuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST Reputation

Sometimes bad things just happen to us, no fault of our own...however, most times the things that go wrong in our lives have one common denominator...ourselves.

~~Bob Richardson~~
Scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scuba For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2011, 10:00 PM   #6995
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Thanked 13,995 Times in 3,685 Posts
JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

One black spot in the rest of my amazing and wonderful Christmas Day...

... Its one thing to know and understand your parents dont and wont accept you... or support you for who you are... Its possible to look the other way as long as they do the same...

... however, it hurts... when they throw it back in your face...

... Talking to my mom today, about the idea of moving out of the country... and how difficult it is to get a work visa as a teacher in Canada... her response was, well marry some rich, kind man... that would make it simple... I said, actually mom, in Canada I can marry a woman if I want to... and she just right out says... "You need to marry a man." ... *blink* and the conversation ends there... This is nothing new... I have been out for a while now, I am not changing my mind, or going back in the closet for them... *sigh*

but... maybe I do need to stop letting the intolerance slide... maybe I need to put down my foot and put up some barriers... I deserve to be loved by my "family" and if the one I was born with cant do that unconditionally... Maybe its time I concentrated on the one I'm building that does...
Old 12-25-2011, 10:07 PM   #6996
TheDreadPirateRoberts

How Do You Identify?:
self made
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustLovelyJenn View Post

... Its one thing to know and understand your parents dont and wont accept you... or support you for who you are... Its possible to look the other way as long as they do the same...

... Talking to my mom today, about the idea of moving out of the country... and how difficult it is to get a work visa as a teacher in Canada... her response was, well marry some rich, kind man... that would make it simple... I said, actually mom, in Canada I can marry a woman if I want to... and she just right out says... "You need to marry a man." ... *blink* and the conversation ends there... This is nothing new... I have been out for a while now, I am not changing my mind, or going back in the closet for them... *sigh*

but... maybe I do need to stop letting the intolerance slide... maybe I need to put down my foot and put up some barriers... I deserve to be loved by my "family" and if the one I was born with cant do that unconditionally... Maybe its time I concentrated on the one I'm building that does...

i'm sorry your family is throwing things in your face....my family tends to do the same....and you're right it hurts...and you shouldn't have to live with them making you feel less than they are...because of who you love...or how you live your life.....your friends...and the family we're building...love and support you...and no matter what...we'll stick together to make our dreams a reality.....we'll cut a path ...
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TheDreadPirateRoberts For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2011, 11:39 AM   #6997
TheDreadPirateRoberts

How Do You Identify?:
self made
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

....cuddles....family...sales/wishlists and a savings account....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheDreadPirateRoberts For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2011, 01:47 PM   #6998
ruby_woo

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,941 Times in 376 Posts
ruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputation

OMG what the hell possessed me to go Boxing Day shopping?! I just stood in a 45 minute line at Banana Republic to buy 2 sweaters. I am at this exact moment sitting on the floor in a dressing room at a department store trying to get 5 minutes where someone's elbow isn't in my face. :\

Like shopping, hate crowds.
ruby_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ruby_woo For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2011, 10:55 AM   #6999
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustLovelyJenn View Post

I come from a family of Homophobes too. In my immediate family, all thats left is my sister. She officially disowned me after my brothers funeral. Life became a little easier. Sad but true. If no chosen family is left when I finally croak off, animal rescue league will be heir to my estate.

Anyhow, the standard line I am subjected to, be it a funeral, wedding or a run in at a grocery store is *Will you ever lead a normal life?* To which I reply *Tsk, Define Normal, like yours you mean?* Just once I'd love to be asked *How are you?* or *So, what are you doing now?* I found out long ago, life goes on...without them.

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2011, 11:05 AM   #7000
TheDreadPirateRoberts

How Do You Identify?:
self made
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

evolution.....*smiles* ...... and as a sidenote...wondering how a couple of gifts can leave such a big mess.....holy wrapping batman