Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 11-13-2023, 07:44 PM   #8661
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,277 Times in 5,172 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soft*Silver View Post
. . . it’s still coming out like a third grader has done it.

I’m gonna keep trying…
Several of my projects have looked like a third grader did them, and that was okay, because third graders know how to have fun! In fact, this one of mine is kind of third grader-ish. I'm okay with that.

Keep trying until you get something you're happy with, but please remember - it's supposed to be fun! Don't get frustrated - just go with the flow. And enjoy!

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2023, 01:01 PM   #8662
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,703 Times in 7,722 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
I am very frustrated! Some of it is that I don’t have a lot of craft supplies and tools. But, it’s still coming out like a third grader has done it.

I’m gonna keep trying…
Soft.....all of us have felt this exact same frustration at some point in time....it happens. Some of my own projects, I felt, weren't as good as I hoped for, but everyone always likes them.

As Georgia said, just keep trying.....work from your heart......some ideas are use leaves you have to make a collage, or if you have birch trees, use peeling bark to make a snowman or something...

OR handdraw, or trace if you print a pattern of IE a snowflake, a snowman, or some mix of winter themed ideas....print a winter dish recipe & adorn it with pieces of real leaves....

As I have always said, the point is to have fun with it. Just let go & let it flow.......YOU GOT THIS!! my friend!
Old 11-14-2023, 05:02 PM   #8663
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,648 Times in 3,986 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you to both of you for your support and understanding! I feel better now! I’m going to talk with them again tomorrow. I’ll see what I can come up with. And regardless of what the final product is on mailing it to Clay. I refuse to not finish! I’m new at this, and I have to give myself a learning curve.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2023, 01:36 PM   #8664
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

Well, I’m almost done. I’m waiting for something to arrive in the mail so I can add to it and then I’m mailing them off to Clay.
I’m hoping you guys like them. There’s actually a front and back because I ran out of ATC cards. So when I wanted to start over, I had to use the back of some of them. Lol.
This is been a good learning experience for me and an eye-opener. I used to do crafts all the time. It’s been ages since I have done any. Things that I have learned since the last time I crafted…
1) eyesight is very important. I wasn’t expecting not to have the same vision as I did in the past. This, of course, played a huge part in my skill level. Lol.
2) the correct tools are also very important. After having not use them and them gathering dust, I decided to give them away a while ago. I advise people not to ever do that! I regret not having all the items that I cherished at one time.
3) common sense goes along way, and I should’ve known this, but don’t drink a soda while you’re doing crafts! I’ll leave it to your imagination as to what happened!
4) I think a little bit of dog hair add character to any craft! Just pretend it’s intentional!
5) perseverance is a character trait, that one builds as one continues a project!
6) don’t throw anything away while you’re working on a project. You could unintentionally throw away a significant part of the next card. Just saying…
7) always make more than what you need so you can select the best to give!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2023, 07:17 AM   #8665
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:
Blissfully married to the love of my life.

Thanked 4,842 Times in 1,067 Posts
nanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputation

Clay, mine are in the mail and expected to arrive on Monday!
nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2023, 09:37 AM   #8666
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanners View Post
Clay, mine are in the mail and expected to arrive on Monday!
Thank you, nan!!! Good job!
Old 11-16-2023, 06:40 PM   #8667
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,661 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I have never done this before and I have to, and that I am truly struggling. I have done three different versions, and none of them look right. I keep looking at tutorials, and I am following what they say to do.
I am very frustrated! Some of it is that I don’t have a lot of craft supplies and tools. I got everything that I thought I needed and I have basic things like scissors and glue and spray, etc. No glitter because I know everybody hates glitter. But, it’s still coming out like a third grader has done it.

I’m gonna keep trying…
Echoing what Georgia and clay said, don't sweat the small stuff, and it's all small stuff. This is supposed to be fun. Throw some things on the wall and see what sticks kind of fun, basically.

Also, mine always looks like a preschooler did it, so that beats your stinky 3rd grader all day, every day.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2023, 06:46 PM   #8668
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,640 Times in 10,244 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

I need to back away from the craft table. I've decorated the back.

I'm done! Finished! Well except for the missing doodad that should be arriving via the snail mail.

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2023, 09:25 AM   #8669
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

Winter Theme POTLUCK ATC's..........WINTER 2023 Project:

PARAMETERS:

ATC's.....artists trading cards......3.5" x 2.5"

ANY medium, style, etc......of your choosing....."a potluck of ideas, designs, creativity....just have fun with these!

*Please make them relatively flat, like no thicker than a puffy sticker.

Make one ATC for each participant. OPTIONAL: may make more if you wish to!!

*Send $7 to wrangler with your project.

*If you choose to use any kind of glitter, it must be contained (such as in a baggie).

*On the back of each piece please add: Project name, wrangler, artist and who it's for.

Signups are now closed!!!! 10/27/23

Due date is 11/22/2023, and final date for me to receive by 11/29/2023 or you will go on the hold list for 4 months.

I will mail out week of 12/04/2023.

Remember to send me your addresses AND ask for mine if you do not already have it!!

1. clay......done
2. Nanners......enroute
3. Besame'
4. nycfem
5. Soft Silver
6. GEMME
7. GeorgiaMa'am

"The rule is if one of our projects is received by the wrangler more than seven days after the due date, or one of us drops out of a project for whatever reason, that person is welcome to continue posting but is not allowed to sign up for a group project again until four months from the latest date that the project was supposed to be due. No exceptions. This rule applies to participants and to wranglers. Wranglers must mail out projects within one week of the latest date that the projects were supposed to be due. In addition to waiting four months before being able to join a penpal project, the person who has not met the latest deadline must post directly on the penpal thread within a week of missing the latest deadline stating that they have not adhered to the deadline (reason is welcome to be included or does not have to be) and, most importantly, the date on which they will be able to return to participating in the penpal projects. They must scroll back and add themselves to the bottom of the list of any other participants who have not met the late date for any project for 2023. If that is not done, then the member is welcome to participate in the thread with "thanks" and reps and thread chat but not to participate in any future projects for 2023. The reason for this is personal responsibility, so that we have a running record right on the thread that is easy to refer back to when needed. And for the purposes of clarification, if someone drops out before the deadline to sign up has been closed then they are not excluded from future projects because they are still following the rules.

Example: Bitsy misses the late date for a project. Within a week of that late date she must scroll down and find the most recent list of people who have missed the late date in 2023 and copy that list to a new post and add herself. Bitsy's post would look something like this:

'Sorry, I had the bird flu and missed the late date of 2/21/23. I can start participating in new projects on 6/21/23. I have added myself to the list below:

1. Tony (missed the late date of 1/28/23, able to participate 5/28/23)
2. Bitsy (missed the late date of 2/21/23, able to participate 6/21/23)

This rule must be posted in its entirety at the bottom of all new projects that are being wrangled so that members can thoughtfully consider whether we wish to commit to a new project."

NOTE UPDATE SHIPPING COST TO SEND WRANGLER.....is $7 and NOT $10!!
CURRENT ON HOLD MEMBERS:

CCB...February 17, 2024
NOTICE: SIGNUPS ARE NOW CLOSED!

7 participants....MAKE 6 ATC's ( OPTIONAL to make more than one!!!)
Old 11-21-2023, 07:18 AM   #8670
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

Received nanners' pkg yesterday. Thank you, nan!!

Thank you, Georgia for your address!
Old 11-21-2023, 09:17 AM   #8671
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,172 Times in 8,628 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Can anyone use a 6" x 24" sewing ruler?

I purchased one at Amazon but decided to return it for a refund. Received the refund, but Amazon told me to keep the ruler. I never opened it, so all I have to do is put an address label on the box and drop it off at the post office. I'll pay for postage.

Please send me a PM if interested. If not, I'll store it in the garage till the first of the year then I'm tossing it out.

I don't like throwing out good items, but I really don't like keeping things I don't need or use.

Edit: On second thought I'll take it to the goodwill if no one wants it.

Last edited by Orema; 11-21-2023 at 09:22 AM. Reason: second thoughts
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2023, 04:39 PM   #8672
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:
Blissfully married to the love of my life.

Thanked 4,842 Times in 1,067 Posts
nanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
Can anyone use a 6" x 24" sewing ruler?

I purchased one at Amazon but decided to return it for a refund. Received the refund, but Amazon told me to keep the ruler. I never opened it, so all I have to do is put an address label on the box and drop it off at the post office. I'll pay for postage.

Please send me a PM if interested. If not, I'll store it in the garage till the first of the year then I'm tossing it out.

I don't like throwing out good items, but I really don't like keeping things I don't need or use.

Edit: On second thought I'll take it to the goodwill if no one wants it.
Orema,

I would love it! I’m going to start doing some quilting this winter!
I’ll PM you my address.

Thank you!
nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2023, 01:09 AM   #8673
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation
Default Ideas for a dementia patient

Hi Crafty Peeps,

I'd like to ask for your help. As most of you know, my Mom has moderate-to-severe dementia. I have been trying to think of memory tasks that we can do with her, so that we don't have to try to think of stuff to talk about all the time we're with her. She also needs tasks that will help her feel useful. She doesn't talk much any more. She can't really learn to do anything new, or do anything that requires mental effort (like playing games, even if she knew how to play them in the past). Unfortunately, she doesn't knit or crochet or anything like that, but she does color. Some ideas I have found online and that I have thought of are:

- clipping coupons from the newspaper;
- rolling out dough and cutting out dog cookies (the dog cookie dough is very dry and sturdy, so I can pack the cookies raw into containers and bake them at my sister's house);
- folding sheets and towels, and baby clothes for her great grandson;
- easy puzzles that can be done in one sitting;
- taking her a "sensations" box - a box of things that engage all five senses: cinnamon sticks or other spices in a tin; lotion that smells good; swatches of various fabrics; a prism; candies and fruit cups; an mp3 player with music she likes and podcasts.
- making her a "memory" box - a box of things that will help her remember her life, such as the clutch she took to her senior prom, Christmas ornaments she made with me and my sister, one of my grandmother's small crocheted pieces, her favorite coffee cup, her high school yearbook, pictures of things that won't fit in the box, etc.

Does anyone have any ideas for other memory activities we could do with her? If you have experience with this, or if any ideas come to you, would you please post them here or send me a PM? Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks so much.

- Prince

Last edited by GeorgiaMa'am; 11-22-2023 at 01:14 AM. Reason: sp.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2023, 04:04 AM   #8674
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,172 Times in 8,628 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanners View Post
Orema,

I would love it! I’m going to start doing some quilting this winter!
I’ll PM you my address.

Thank you!
My pleasure, nanners. I already had one and I thought I gave it to a former co-worker when I left the west coast. It was wrapped with a cutting board and appeared when I pulled out the cutting board (right after I placed my order).

I’ll send you a PM when it’s in the mail.
Old 11-22-2023, 10:34 AM   #8675
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

ATC'S.......keep in mind, please...today is soft receival date, and 29th is final deadline.

Thanksgiving holiday will fall in between those dates, and snail mail will be much slower!!! Folks mailing out cards, packages etc!!!

Thanks....
Old 11-22-2023, 11:21 AM   #8676
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

I just mailed my project! My tracking number is 9500 1150 0831 3326 2770 96

They said it should be there on Monday! Thanks for the encouragement. It really helped motivate me to finish even though I was frustrated.

Happy Thanksgiving to all
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2023, 03:46 PM   #8677
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Mine are going in the mail on Friday. They turned out to be a little more tedious than I originally thought. They have been fun to do though, and have already got me in the holiday spirit! Also, mine have a little bit of glitter, but I do believe it is well and truly stuck! Nevertheless, I will put them in individual baggies.

- Prince
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2023, 04:20 PM   #8678
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

Remember to send me your addresses AND ask for mine if you do not already have it!!

1. clay......done
2. Nanners......received 11/20
3. Besame'
4. nycfem
5. Soft Silver.........enroute
6. GEMME
7. GeorgiaMa'am
Old 11-23-2023, 06:59 PM   #8679
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
Mine are going in the mail on Friday. They turned out to be a little more tedious than I originally thought. They have been fun to do though, and have already got me in the holiday spirit! Also, mine have a little bit of glitter, but I do believe it is well and truly stuck! Nevertheless, I will put them in individual baggies.
Mine will leave my part of Florida to travel to your part of Florida tomorrow, as well.
I finially really had to stop working on it. Probably tomorrow, I'll be like, now what am I going to do?? Lol

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2023, 07:03 PM   #8680
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
Hi Crafty Peeps,

I'd like to ask for your help. As most of you know, my Mom has moderate-to-severe dementia. I have been trying to think of memory tasks that we can do with her, so that we don't have to try to think of stuff to talk about all the time we're with her. She also needs tasks that will help her feel useful. She doesn't talk much any more. She can't really learn to do anything new, or do anything that requires mental effort (like playing games, even if she knew how to play them in the past). Unfortunately, she doesn't knit or crochet or anything like that, but she does color. Some ideas I have found online and that I have thought of are:

- clipping coupons from the newspaper;
- rolling out dough and cutting out dog cookies (the dog cookie dough is very dry and sturdy, so I can pack the cookies raw into containers and bake them at my sister's house);
- folding sheets and towels, and baby clothes for her great grandson;
- easy puzzles that can be done in one sitting;
- taking her a "sensations" box - a box of things that engage all five senses: cinnamon sticks or other spices in a tin; lotion that smells good; swatches of various fabrics; a prism; candies and fruit cups; an mp3 player with music she likes and podcasts.
- making her a "memory" box - a box of things that will help her remember her life, such as the clutch she took to her senior prom, Christmas ornaments she made with me and my sister, one of my grandmother's small crocheted pieces, her favorite coffee cup, her high school yearbook, pictures of things that won't fit in the box, etc.

Does anyone have any ideas for other memory activities we could do with her? If you have experience with this, or if any ideas come to you, would you please post them here or send me a PM? Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks so much.
Oh I have some ideas. I'll give you a jingle in a few days. We can compare notes.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:

Tags
artists, creative types