Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 03-01-2011, 12:45 PM   #81
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Just got back my A1C...it was at 127 for the last 90 days, which is good because I am now taking just 30 mg of Actos! WooHoo! Diet and exercise works. Just stick with it. It is a major pain in the ass, but it keeps us going.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 05:17 PM   #82
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

OK,I just got the diet plan from the doc,in it the results of the A1C test are 6.3,I also was reading the diet plan...dose anyone really beleave someone can live off this thing?? I tryed one thes lo-cal lo-carb no fat things a while back all it did was make me feel like I was totaly washed out.Forget exersiseing three or more time a week cause when I did I near passed out from fatigue.So how do u all handle this and live a normal life..Im not being an ass about this I genuly need to know the ins and outs of it all.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2011, 05:26 PM   #83
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
OK,I just got the diet plan from the doc,in it the results of the A1C test are 6.3,I also was reading the diet plan...dose anyone really beleave someone can live off this thing?? I tryed one thes lo-cal lo-carb no fat things a while back all it did was make me feel like I was totaly washed out.Forget exersiseing three or more time a week cause when I did I near passed out from fatigue.So how do u all handle this and live a normal life..Im not being an ass about this I genuly need to know the ins and outs of it all.
Rockin I'm on a low carb/ no sugar diet and lost 10 lbs and I exercise too. Its high in protein and veggies and salad. I feel better and don't want to become a diabetic so I will do whatever it takes because it runs in my family. My A1C was 6.6 which is high it needs to be under 6 like a 4!! You need to eat protein and drink a lot of water if that helps I hope so..
Old 03-01-2011, 06:38 PM   #84
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Hi Gail,tks for the info.I dont have diabetis in my family at all as far as I know,I have always needed a lot of fuel to keep going,im a grazer rarely do I sit and eat a meal its not unuseal for me to eat four or more small meals a day all on the run.I realise there are more than a fue things I can and am cuting out of my food intake.Tonight I had italian herb roasted chicken,I peeled the skin off then I had string beans but I didnt eat any of the new potatos out of them then I added a half tomato with red wine vinager and a touch of olive oil.No bread and no potatos is a start.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2011, 07:05 PM   #85
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Hi Rockin,

My last A1c was 6.6. It really does test the 3 month average of your blood sugar...because excess sugar in your blood attaches to your blood cells...and blood cells have a life span of 3 months. It sounds crazy, but it really is true.

From what I've been told, anything over a 6 is diabetic (with or without meds), and most doctors want you below 6. Anything over 7 means that damage is happening to your organs.

Ironically, you will get more energy as you control your blood sugar, exercise and take your meds. Uncontrolled blood sugar equals extreme fatigue in diabetics.

Eat small amounts frequently...control your carbohydrate consumption (especially white flour, sugar, white rice, baked goodies like cake and cookies, candy)....eat lots of fiber, lean meat, and veggies.

The main thing is to remember that sugar spikes your blood sugar up, and then you bottom out. Both will make you feel horrible and cause problems. The goal is to maintain a steady level of blood sugar...and small amounts of healthy food at regular intervals is what does that.

Good luck!
Old 03-01-2011, 07:36 PM   #86
DomnNC
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Widow

Thanked 2,582 Times in 837 Posts
DomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Hi Gail,tks for the info.I dont have diabetis in my family at all as far as I know,I have always needed a lot of fuel to keep going,im a grazer rarely do I sit and eat a meal its not unuseal for me to eat four or more small meals a day all on the run.I realise there are more than a fue things I can and am cuting out of my food intake.Tonight I had italian herb roasted chicken,I peeled the skin off then I had string beans but I didnt eat any of the new potatos out of them then I added a half tomato with red wine vinager and a touch of olive oil.No bread and no potatos is a start.
Hi Rockin',

Talk to your Dr about a Diabetes Education Class. They are generally offered by the hospitals in your area and they are free of charge, your insurance generally pays for it if there is a charge. They will teach you how to test your sugar (give you a free meter), teach you how to eat and what to avoid eating. Most of it's about reducing your carb intake. For diabetics they want you to eat no more than 35-60 carbs per meal (really it's 60 for men, 45 for women). A lot of it is portion control. You can have like 1/2 cup of mashed potatos, that's 15 grams of carbs. You can have a small apple, that's 15 grams of carbs. I have found a white wheat bread (because I just can't stand brown wheat bread, it's just too dry for me, lol) that has about 11 grams of carbs per slice so you can have a sandwich) it's Nature's Own White Wheat bread.

There is a little book you can carry around with you that has fat and carb content of most foods you can buy at the grocery store and it also lists a ton of fast food restaurants and the values of their food there as well. You can also find it at most bookstores like Barnes & Nobles, Waldenbooks etcetc. You can also search foods at this website to find out the carb content as well.

http://www.calorieking.com/store/pro...ydrate-counter

You really need to test your blood sugar about 2 hours after a meal (since this is all new to you) to find out what your trigger foods are. There will be some that you'd think wouldn't spike your sugar but you'd be surprised.

For instance I love tomato sandwiches. I use the white wheat so that's 22 grams of carbs, mayo doesn't have carbs but I don't use a ton of it anyway, tomato's, one slice has .6 of a carb. So if I tossed 2-3 slices on there I should be good to go right? that's say 24 grams of carbs which is well below the 35-45 you can have per meal. Well, let me tell ya, that sandwich will spike my blood sugar, which I hate, but I still have em now and again, lol.

You can't get crazy with this or you will set yourself up for failure. You have to be able to give yourself a lil treat now and again, like 1/2 cup of ice cream is 15 grams of carbs. Typically you should have 3 meals a day with a lil snack in between each one (limited to 15 grams of carbs on the snack).

Anyway, good luck to ya!
DomnNC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DomnNC For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2011, 09:19 PM   #87
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Hi guys and dolls,Ya know Over the last 8 years or so I have fought fatigue big time...I would have loads of energy then fall flat on my face then eat something then it happened all over again.I was going to a medicare doc,many times I told him about this and he never did anything about it..I mean I would have dizzy spell,sweats,neasea,palpataions enough to scare the bejeasus out of me.Ive been to the ER a fue times with this and only once did anyone prick my finger to check my count,wich he said was normal.Im wondedring if this has been going on all those years.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2011, 09:23 PM   #88
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Hi Jo,sofar no meds,just geting started on the food change.I told my son he was going on it with me because his day has diabetis big time and so dose his brother..I wish he would go to the V.A. and get checked but its like draging a bear to get him to go.Sofar I havent gone to any classes but they said they would call me soon..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2011, 03:24 PM   #89
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,957 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Hi Jo,sofar no meds,just geting started on the food change.I told my son he was going on it with me because his day has diabetis big time and so dose his brother..I wish he would go to the V.A. and get checked but its like draging a bear to get him to go.Sofar I havent gone to any classes but they said they would call me soon..
It is a big fat pain in the butt, but just think of how bad it is when you test 4-6x's a day and take Insulin shots because you ignored everything everyone ever told you?

Take care of yourself, okay?
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2011, 04:04 PM   #90
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Good luck to you on teh diet its worth it believe me...just sticking to it is an accomplishment.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:51 PM   #91
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

I wonder if I can eat shrimp stir fry if all I eat is shrimp and veggies?ALL this stuff is on the meal plan,tho im not shure if it ment stir fry.
All I had to eat today was oatmeal at 7a.m. then an apple at 12p.m I just got home so I just ate a banna.I know not very balanced but with the new promo at work I run all day,its almost 5p.m. and me just geting home..I am whooped.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:04 PM   #92
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I wonder if I can eat shrimp stir fry if all I eat is shrimp and veggies?ALL this stuff is on the meal plan,tho im not shure if it ment stir fry.
All I had to eat today was oatmeal at 7a.m. then an apple at 12p.m I just got home so I just ate a banna.I know not very balanced but with the new promo at work I run all day,its almost 5p.m. and me just geting home..I am whooped.
Stir fry is great...just use a good, healthy oil like canola or olive and go easy on it...just enough so the food doesn't stick. Have your shrimp if you like it, and add lots of veggies!

Sounds like you need to eat more protein through the day. Oatmeal, apple and banana are all healthy...but they're also all carbohydrates. Adding some protein will help your body keep your blood sugar stable and have more energy.

You can do it!
Old 03-02-2011, 08:50 PM   #93
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

JustJo
Tomorrow im takeing some left over roast chicken with a salad,I make my own dressing, minus all the presertives in what I get at the store as well as a small orange.Tomorrow and Friday are my pool league nights so I am packing a goodie bag so if I get hungry I wouldnt be eating the "bad stuf" I like.
This diet is a lot like the Adkins diet,I was on it years ago when I was competing in horse shows,I kept my weight at a reasonable amount for years on it..they got some good resipes to...I got the book & gonna try some of the listed things on it after I clear it up with the doc.
Thanks everyone for this info and help,I never though I would be dealing with this,it is way out of my line of thinking.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2011, 08:24 PM   #94
Goo

How Do You Identify?:
dapper and androgynous by nature, human by choice
Preferred Pronoun?:
i usually answer to anything
Relationship Status:
in a LDR since Oct 2010

Goo Has the BEST ReputationGoo Has the BEST ReputationGoo Has the BEST ReputationGoo Has the BEST ReputationGoo Has the BEST ReputationGoo Has the BEST ReputationGoo Has the BEST ReputationGoo Has the BEST ReputationGoo Has the BEST ReputationGoo Has the BEST ReputationGoo Has the BEST Reputation

Just found this thread, so glad there's a diabetic thread on here. I've been diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes for about a year and a half.
It's mainly been controlled by diet and exercise and 4 tablets of Metformin each day.. I've noticed since I've been on the Metformin, my blood sugar bottoms out if I dont eat at a certain schedule..
Which I've been known to skip meals because I dont feel like eating but I'm slowly learning to keep to a strict schedule.
I've been trying to implement some major changes into my life, but keep having to put them off due to being sick often

The Artist formerly Known as CottonCandy
Goo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Goo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2011, 11:02 AM   #95
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Unhappy

Well, my A1C has been at 4 for over a year now...but it changed again. I went from 4 to 6.1 out of the blue. I go every 3 months for bloodwork. My diet and exercise are the same. This is a pain in the a** disease. That is about where I am at now. My doc upped my Actos. I can't take Metformin. It makes me sick. I also have to cut back on my smoking.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2011, 03:43 PM   #96
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Default Andrew

I know how u feel about doing your best and still haveing probs with this mess.I too am doing all I can do to follow the diet plan but its like a yo yo,some day ok some day no..grrrrr.I lost 8 pounds now im gaining it back a little at the time,the only thing that seems to work is if I stal on a 20 carbs a day diet anything more than that I gain a bit.Im tired of salads and veggies...I want some real food.Tonight im makeing spagettie and meat balls for dinner..useing bison burger wichs is 90/10 so very little fat and I have gone as guilt free as I can in the ingreedence I put in the meat to season it with.Aslo my exersiseing sucks since I had the flue,in still at it but grudgeingly.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:55 PM   #97
Bella~Vita

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,322 Times in 443 Posts
Bella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST Reputation

I was told that too much shell fish can cause the gout in diabetics ... anyway I went to the doctor today, my A1C is 5.8 my meds were increased a few months ago so this good... it's so hard to find foods that are good for you and still maintain satisfaction at least for me.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:32 PM   #98
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Welcome to the thread cottoncandy...and I'm with everyone else on this stuff...

I've been struggling lately. When I get tired, my good eating and sleeping habits go out the window, I forget to take my meds on time....and I end up feeling sick and icky.

I need to really start watching the carbs too rockin...and I'm not looking forward to it. Almost all of my favorite foods are carbs.... *sigh*
Old 04-12-2011, 06:27 PM   #99
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

We have the holliday in dixie fair and air show comeing up,at work we are takeing a fue of the elders that want to go....most are in the same boat with food as we are...im packing my snacks in right along with something for the elders in the group.I hear grumblngs comeing on already about watching the suiside snacks.I told someone we could get snacks frm the vendore and maybe split them insted of eating the whole thing.It was just an idea..not shure it went over well.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:47 PM   #100
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,957 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

My numbers were so good last week, but they have gone to 160 in the mornings for no apparent reason...I will... Shoot I don't know what I will.....I am frustrated and my mom died a year ago next month, and I am feeling so stressed. My kidneys are going to suck if I can't get control.... Why do we have to eat???????
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote