Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Religion, Spirituality, Mysticism

Old 01-31-2010, 04:19 AM   #81
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:
Very PROUD BUTCH LESBIAN!

WILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST Reputation
Default Alright...

Clearly, this is a deep topic for some and then, NOT SO - for others.

I just want to play this song - for something to think about... Well, plus I love music as a "communicator". (But! This is NOT "science"! Just an old video.)

I was actually waiting for our science geek to give me the facts here, and then... once I knew we wouldn't BLOW the fuck up or spin into obscurity out of control... cool. I was "down" with it.

The "religious" part of this equation FREAKS ME THE HELL OUT!

However, I happen to LOVE both Astrololgy AND Astronomy! I can tell you for a FACT, that there is effect for every single "SECOND" of changed allignment" out there. Plus, I've had experiences that would make folk's hair stand up straight on their heads if I shared them... they simply would NOT believe me.

There IS a plane of existence that we do not [fully] understand. I'm NOT into organized religion and actually that thought of Armageddon is NUTS to me. But, I know what I know... for I am an OLD SOUL! Just the way it is. (And I don't need to explain or justify it to ANYONE.)

STILL, hate to see folks fighting here over "our own DEMISE". Kinda of funny, if you really "think about it, yes"?

Enjoy an old video/song and MY sense of "humor"? K?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12rh6yhBJ34"]YouTube- Peter Schilling Major Tom coming home[/ame]

LOVE THIS STUFF!

Count down, ya'll!!!

WILDCAT
WILDCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WILDCAT For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2010, 04:54 AM   #82
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:

WILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST Reputation
Default OK...

I should explain a bit more...

When you throw a stone into a pond, the ripple effect moves on and on...

Out in space, when anything COLLIDES, we FEEL IT!
__

If you are in the woods and close your eyes... you can FEEL the tree before you reach it - for it has it's own aura.

Here, personally: I can feel a change in energy, and walk downstairs and just happen to see twenty deer in my yard.

Well, some might say... "just a wild coincidence"! But, then.. why do some of us "FEEL IT"?

I can tell you honesty, that I feel when deer are right outside my cabin.
___

Anyway, that is not even my most important concern! (Like, if you believe me or not...) What matters to me, IS... ???

LOVE
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WILDCAT For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2010, 06:04 AM   #83
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:

Default Darn it!

My POINT IS...

I will NOT carry a cup of HOT tea that day... I will respect the laws of gravity - just in case.

Peace and love...

(Oh, and by the way... we will all live in a "lighter" way - take that as you may, but it IS the reality. SMILE.)
The Following User Says Thank You to WILDCAT For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2010, 10:33 AM   #84
dreadgeek
Power Femme

How Do You Identify?:
Cinnamon spiced, caramel colored, power-femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to a wonderful horse girl

Thanked 6,848 Times in 1,493 Posts
dreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDCAT View Post
Out in space, when anything COLLIDES, we FEEL IT!
I'm not sure what you mean by this? Can you explain what it is you're saying here? When comet Schumaker-Levy slammed into Jupiter 14 years ago what did we feel on Earth? We certainly *detected* the collision because, as it happened, someone noticed the comet being torn apart by Jupiter's tidal forces *before* the comet hit the planet. But I can't imagine what we felt here.

Things collide in the solar system all the time and that's just the solar system. I'm genuinely confused so could you help dispel that by explaining what you mean? Thanks.

Cheers
Aj

"People on the side of The People always ended up disappointed, in any case. They found that The People tended not to be grateful or appreciative or forward-thinking or obedient. The People tended to be small-minded and conservative and not very clever and were even distrustful of cleverness. And so, the children of the revolution were faced with the age-old problem: it wasn’t that you had the wrong kind of government, which was obvious, but that you had the wrong kind of people. As soon as you saw people as things to be measured, they didn’t measure up." (Terry Pratchett)
dreadgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:56 AM   #85
dreadgeek
Power Femme

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

dreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by friskyfemme View Post
dreadgeek

I, personally, do not find science boring...but what I have issue with is a scientists trying to make theory fact by agreement.

Frisky:

All we have in science is theories*. A fact is data. The way I like to explain it is like this: Fact: The Earth orbits the Sun. Theory: The Sun's gravitational mass describes various orbits around its center of mass. Earth occupies the third orbital position and is taking the least energetic path around the sun. Now, it so happens that theory is very much in agreement with observation and that is the mark of good science. It sounds like the issue you have with scientists is that they approach things like, well, scientists.

Quote:
excerpt from dreadgeek 'This puts the burden of justification on the proponents of astrology to explain what kind of energy it is, to propose tests we could use to determine if this energy exists and whether or not it obeys the inverse square law (and if it doesn't why and how it breaks what appears to be a *fundamental* rule). '

I have the tenacity to believe that 'if ain't always true-meaning no exceptions-it ain't true'. To me this is 'truth' - that each person holds a portion of the truth emcompassing a merge from levels of understanding at the physical level (science), the mental level (change), the spiritual level (ominiscence). Incorporating all = truth, however dismissing a portion = theory. Each serves a invaluable reasoning for existence.
So the spiritual level is all-knowing? Because that's what I take the use of the word omniscience to mean?

*A theory, in science, isn't a guess. A theory, in science, is a well-established model for how some system works in nature. When I use the term theory, I am (almost) always using the scientific use of that term. In fact, when I use the term theory in these venues it's the *only* way I use that term because to do otherwise just creates confusion.

Cheers
Aj

"People on the side of The People always ended up disappointed, in any case. They found that The People tended not to be grateful or appreciative or forward-thinking or obedient. The People tended to be small-minded and conservative and not very clever and were even distrustful of cleverness. And so, the children of the revolution were faced with the age-old problem: it wasn’t that you had the wrong kind of government, which was obvious, but that you had the wrong kind of people. As soon as you saw people as things to be measured, they didn’t measure up." (Terry Pratchett)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dreadgeek For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2010, 02:13 PM   #86
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:

Default Sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadgeek View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by this? Can you explain what it is you're saying here? When comet Schumaker-Levy slammed into Jupiter 14 years ago what did we feel on Earth? We certainly *detected* the collision because, as it happened, someone noticed the comet being torn apart by Jupiter's tidal forces *before* the comet hit the planet. But I can't imagine what we felt here.

Things collide in the solar system all the time and that's just the solar system. I'm genuinely confused so could you help dispel that by explaining what you mean? Thanks.

Cheers
Aj
I'll try my best to explain my reality, at this time - which is very open for the most part - but, I do "pick" and choose. However, it is hard to put into the English language or words at times, for it is not hard concrete factual knowledge as a scientist such as yourself would be able to better relate to and then someone such as myself cannot write properly to try and transfer any of my thoughts and feelings over to your way of writing/thinking and what you believe.

I'm considering that anyway, but I will try... in very simplistic terms. (Of course - for me!)

I'm glad that you brought up the comment from that year. Several friends of mine who are "sensitive" (as in picking up, at times, even the very smallest altering of shifts or changes of any kind - like being in a woods, not hearing anything, but feeling a sense of movement, and then seeing an animal that was not there in that spot to start with). Heck, we can call it women's intuition here! (Unless you're a man, then call it something else!! Don't want to exclude.)

BUT, the exact moment of that "impact" back that year, and none of us realized it, until we spoke of it later, all at different or varying increments in [later] time: That I, at that time... who did not take afternoon naps, nor did my friends... all at (let's say) the impact what around 3:30PM or so - and whatever precise moment it was) were like friggin' robbots and got overwhelmingly exhausted and had to go and lie down. All of us had forgotten about the comet coming and whatever collision expectations that day - we didn't think too much of it. Little by little we just all discussed this, one would and then another said they had a similar reaction and went to bed, etc...

Sure, someone could argue it is just a coincidence. Someone could say we subconsiously knew of it at a precise time and thus we created our own reality response to it. I can only tell you from honest experience, that I have never been so instantly pooped out. Whatever I was doing at that time (out in the yard I think), I had to go directly to bed and fell immediately asleep. I later saw the time of collision on the news and still did not fully correlate that with what happened to me. Not until I shared with others further along in time... a pattern emerged. That's all.

I'm not going to argue about it, it just keeps my mind open to things. I'm happy with that. And I've had other experiences, like when folks I knew passed away, I felt it - sometimes they were not even sick and it was very sudden and unexpected... but, some of this is personal so I don't feel like going into details at this point right here and now. And I've just recently felt two losses - so quite honestly I'm not up for it here at this time.
__

Let me ask you AJ, when it's said that a beam of light goes to infinity, do you believe that? I kinda "don't", as the battery from a flashlight, "think?" (small beam example) only has so much power, but some would say the different levels of light never end, so still go to points of where we cannot see anymore or recognize with our naked eye, (or some such effect?). I've heard something about a candle light in a room...(?) Like the immediate flame - sure we see quite clearly, and then an outer one (ring/glow - uh huh), and then... well, really the whole room does have light affect, different levels of it to it's darkest corners.

I'd love your own explanation or opinion on this - as I have mixed feelings (which I'm aware does seem somewhat contradictory with some of my thoughts and opinions, and I said I am "selective"). Smile...

And then if you sit across the room and blow, eventually you will see a slight flicker of that flame. Hence, I do feel every movement impacts things around it. Scientifically, I feel we only know at any given time in history what we were capable of finding out, to the adding to the discoveries - which is fascinating and amazing in it's own right, but... I also believe there are other abilities or things we don't yet understand - some that even we hold as human beings, maybe with our senses, maybe if one believes in the chakras and their function on a certain spiritual plane or even healing levels, whatever... (?)

I do not keep religion and my beliefs with my personal experiences providing some kind of effectual, if not personal proof to me at this time - on the same page - AT ALL. However, I am quite fine with incorporating scientific proof with certain things though, I can easily connect them. Again, religion - NO.

And by the way "fortune teller" is SO out dated and not having to do with mediumship in history at this time. I don't even care for the word psychic for it implies someone has this specific power, but rather I am comfortable with we all have the ability to "receive" from the spiritual plane (or some "source", however one feels/believe or has experienced it, if they have?) from a mulitude of factors - including the opening of the chakras (as one example).

I do love the tradition of the ancient eastern philosophies as well. Which incorporate seasonal changes, have the meridians which are amazingly accurate to their exact points of location, on and on... some believe this, some do not. That's not religion though, yet something not always easily proved scientifically. Some scientists who have studied this affect with accupunture treatment, believe and some do not. (I saw a show recently on the History or a PBS channel regarding this, as well as herbal remedies and such.)

I think the times are changing, more towards a mixed acceptance of the old knowledge with the new forthcoming - whatever that may be.

Heck, at one time folks know that when the Columbus ship got further and further away from shore, and much SMALLER, people then were afaid that he was going to fall off a flat earth.

If a meteor strikes the Atantic ocean, the ripple affect will no doubt come crashing inland. We know this. Why wouldn't that be different on any collision or ripple energy affect no matter where it is? Outside the gravity force, thus not susceptible for us - says who? I have my opinion on it... And again, I may choose to not walk with a full cup of hot tea that day, in case gravity is slightly fucked up or altered for me (?), but that is my only concern, really. And I do care what the scientists know. And I do believe the energy shift could very possibly be a positive one for mankind. (We're due anyway!)
__

But, if the things happened in the bible as they did, it surely would be happening now, when needed. A GOD could/would not be so calculating and manipulative and ugly - when you think of certain disasters and murders and such. Plus, I don't have sticks turning into snakes in my yard here either. One loaf of bread does not last me forever. I have had physical objects move though, when I asked for this in my mind. (I did NOT feel alone at that time here somehow, thus why I asked... quietly.)

But, symbolically I suppose some folks could get some benefit out of some religious words of wisdom. But, the judgment part of christianity (as one example) kills it for me. For example, queers will burn in hell. That is nearly hysterical to me in humor, if it wasn't for how dangerous these minds are.

BUT, I'm talking about movement of things in space (on land, in space), something quite different. Allignments... Things shifting. Things impacting each other for it. Sure I believe we feel that. They surely are real - to me and my way of thinking at this time. Just on this planet alone... things are constantly shifting. As yes, lots of impacts out in space too.

And sure folks have felt something OFF before opening their apartment to find they have been robbed and their place is perhaps torn apart. Maybe we have gone to a family members house at night and walked in and FELT the furniture was not where it usually is... before turning on the lights. Sure I slammed on my breaks three times in a row, seeing this huge BUCK in front of me at night on a back dark road, and it wasn't there... then after thinking I was sleepy crazy or something, and needed to turn the radio down and pay more attention, the deer was there on the next turn. Not "a deer", but the EXACT picture I saw in my mind. ? Go figure... Yes, I left my grandmother's house and saw her with blood pooring down her face out of her nose and thought I was a morbid fucked up shit (post head bump way back), and then my mother called me the next day to say that my grandmother had been taken to the hospital for her nose would not stop bleeding.

And these are just some "baby" stories. I've had some that really defy logic, honestly. So, I am "open" to what I don't know sometimes for certain, yes! Especially, with regards to our own sensiblities and sensitivities.

But, I will never be a "follower". That is what matters to me right now. And I DO loathe organized religion. I think what I want. And folks can follow religion if they want or need - just stay off of my life and lifestyle, which is a problem for me, 'cause their beliefs do not allow for that. Many are so far from unconditional. Hypocrites in fact.

And no, it is not the END OF THE WORLD on that date. Humbug, I say to that!! Thanks for your postings. Can it be a nice aid in the shifting of energies towards something more positive than we have now? Sure. Some say we do create our own realities. Perhaps there will be an outnumber of folks, not feelin' the Amageddon "thang", and that will help in the long run with the fanaticism. It is stressful to me at times, that folks have to come up with a reason like biblically what is said for their their very own existence. I wouldn't mind things becoming a little bit more spiritual than religious, personally.

Freud referred to religion as being neurotic if I'm not mistaken. Just sayin'... like a psychological crutch.

OK. On first cup of tea here still, hope this makes any sense regarding what you asked of me AJ.

Cheers!

Wildcat
Old 02-01-2010, 03:00 PM   #87
dreadgeek
Power Femme

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Member Photo Albums

Quote:

BUT, the exact moment of that "impact" back that year, and none of us realized it, until we spoke of it later, all at different or varying increments in [later] time: That I, at that time... who did not take afternoon naps, nor did my friends... all at (let's say) the impact what around 3:30PM or so - and whatever precise moment it was) were like friggin' robbots and got overwhelmingly exhausted and had to go and lie down. All of us had forgotten about the comet coming and whatever collision expectations that day - we didn't think too much of it. Little by little we just all discussed this, one would and then another said they had a similar reaction and went to bed, etc...
I'm curious about this. How long did this exhaustion last? I ask because there wasn't ONE impact, there were twenty-one impacts! Over an extended period of time. The largest one happened about 7:30 in the morning GMT two days after the 'event' began.

[/quote]

Let me ask you AJ, when it's said that a beam of light goes to infinity, do you believe that? I kinda "don't", as the battery from a flashlight, "think?" (small beam example) only has so much power, but some would say the different levels of light never end, so still go to points of where we cannot see anymore or recognize with our naked eye, (or some such effect?). I've heard something about a candle light in a room...(?) Like the immediate flame - sure we see quite clearly, and then an outer one (ring/glow - uh huh), and then... well, really the whole room does have light affect, different levels of it to it's darkest corners. [/quote]

Well, do I believe that it goes on forever? Yes, after a fashion I do. The light from a flashlight is the same 'stuff' as the light from the sun (albeit, in the case of the former, a much more narrow band of the stuff). The light from any source (regardless of what that source is) spreads out according to the inverse square law (our old friend from a couple of days ago) such that as it travels it becomes more diffuse and as it gets more diffuse, it becomes more and more dim. To give you a sense of what is happening, think of a laser--the most focused and coherent stream of photons (light) that we know how to create. A laser pointed at the Moon starts out as a tightly focused beam maybe one or two human hairs think (40 microns or so), by the time it reaches the moon it is a beam a *mile* wide!

So does the light keep going forever? Yes, it does since photons (particles of light) have no mass they just keep moving at the speed of light. However, because of the inverse square law, they become very, very dim to the point of not being visible but the photons are still traveling. Some alien intelligence, looking back at the Earth wouldn't really notice our visible light because it would be washed out by the brightness of the Sun. In fact, most of our light transmissions would be washed out by the sun with the exception of microwave and radio transmissions. These would be *very* faint but there would be a lot more of them than one would expect from a star like ours which would be a tip-off to any aliens doing a SETI-like search.

Quote:
I do love the tradition of the ancient eastern philosophies as well. Which incorporate seasonal changes, have the meridians which is amazingly accurate, on and on... some believe this, some do not. That's not religion though, yet something not always easily proved scientifically. Some scientists who have studied this affect with accupunture treatment, believe and some do not. (I saw a show recently on the History or a PBS channel regarding this, as well as herbal remedies and such.)
I know the show you're talking about. NOVA has done some pretty decent work on CAM therapies but there's only so much you can communicate in one hour. My reading on CAM therapies is that when subjected to the kind of testing we put every OTHER medical intervention through (or did before the Republicans decided that the FDA and the NIH were boondoggles and gutted them) there's no healing ability beyond what we would expect from the placebo effect.

Quote:
If a meteor strikes the Atantic ocean, the ripple affect with no doubt come crashing inland. Why wouldn't that be different on any collision or ripple energy affect no matter where it is? Outside the gravity force, thus not suseptible for us - says who?
The difference here is that the meteor crashing into the Earth is actually obeying some rather simple physics. As it moves through the air, it is displacing air (thus the shockwave in front of it and the sonic boom behind) and being heated by friction (thus the glow). When it hits, all of that energy gets transferred to the Earth and using a very simple equation (Force=mass*acceleration) we can make predictions about what kinds of things we should see. If it hits the water, it will displace the water (thus a tsunami) and then when it finally strikes solid ground it will displace more earth (thus a second tsunami) causing it to eject into the stratosphere. The heat will be transferred to the ejecta and a crater will form.

The thing is, we've detected all four forces. Now, to give you an idea of just how sensitive our instruments are we can detect the strong and weak nuclear forces. These are of such short range that they ONLY exist inside atoms! You will never ever feel either the nuclear force or the weak force. Even though this is true, the gravitational force is weaker than either of those. The only reason why gravity seems so strong is that there's so damn much mass in the Earth to create it. So if there's some other force out there then it is MUCH weaker than the gravitational force and would need to be shorter range than either the strong or weak nuclear forces in order to explain why we haven't detected it so far. Might there be one? Sure, it's *possible* but that doesn't make it likely.

Quote:
BUT, I'm talking about movement of things in space (on land, in space), something quite different.
Actually, these are not different *at all*. In fact, if we were in a perfectly sealed spaceship and moving at a constant velocity you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between being on the spaceship and being at rest on the launchpad! They would feel *exactly* the same, provided we didn't accelerate. There's nothing particularly special about being on land or in space when talking about movement. Acceleration and gravity are interchangeable for one another.

One thing I find really interesting about these discussions is just how much other people trust their brains/minds and how little I trust mine. I presume that my brain is error-ridden, tends to see patterns where none exists, and subject to various optical-illusions and errors in thinking. I sometimes *wish* that I trusted my brain enough to presume that if I think that, for instance, my grandmother contacted me psychically the night she died that means that she *did* contact me. However, I don't trust my brain that much which might seem odd but it isn't. My habit of thinking is to try to avoid what I *want* to be true and to always question 'why do I think this is the way things work'.

Cheers
Aj

Old 02-01-2010, 03:39 PM   #88
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I know the show you're talking about. NOVA has done some pretty decent work on CAM therapies but there's only so much you can communicate in one hour. My reading on CAM therapies is that when subjected to the kind of testing we put every OTHER medical intervention through (or did before the Republicans decided that the FDA and the NIH were boondoggles and gutted them) there's no healing ability beyond what we would expect from the placebo effect.
derail here.................

Actually acupuncture does work in certain cases and when used the way it is practiced in China. It is a 3000+ year old system of medicine.

When Nixon went to China he took a bunch of western docs with him. They were STUNNED to find the Chinese preforming surgery using acupuncture as anesthesia. STUNNED does not even describe their reactions.

The Community Program for Clinical Research on AIDS (CPCRA) did a large study comparing acupuncture to elavil for pain relief in peripheral neuropathy. I was a member of the team that designed that study. It was an amazing thing to watch Japanese and Chinese acupuncturists argue about which meridans to use for neuropathy. If memory serves the study was equivocal when the data was analyzed. I could be wrong as I was out of the biz by the time the study was finished.

On a anecdotal note from my personal experience......Many years ago (like 25) I was having huge amounts of trouble with my asthma due to eucalyptus allergies (I had just moved to the Bay Area). It was so bad I was on high dose (with a taper) prednisone 4 times in a year.....asthma out of control with nothing really working. My color was that gray you get when you don't move oxygen well.

A friend hounded me into going to an old chinese woman (Madame Wu) who was a chinese doctor for acupuncture. She did not speak much English....she just patted my hand and said.....no worry me fix.....as I was filling out paperwork. She watched me, took my pulses .........smiled and said.....you strong me fix.....

She put me on a table and stuck about 30 or so needles in my body..........I promptly went sound asleep for about 45 minutes..........this in a strange woman's house deep in Chinatown SF who spoke very little English. She finally came in and started taking out the needles......I woke up as she was doing that. She patted my hand and said........you fix now........and took me to a mirror.........I looked in the mirror and damn if I wasn't all pink and I could breathe.......I could feel the air moving in my lungs. I did not have any issues with my asthma at all....no meds....no nothing......for 3-4 years.

Flash forward about 15 years and I am living in Santa Fe NM. My lungs started acting up again..dirt allergies..I had been working with an acupuncturist designing a study using acupuncture for fatigue/quality of life issues. So.........I am in the middle of an attack....lips turning blue I need to go to the hospital....epi pen in hand....and I go to her office. She put about 6 or so needles in my back and my lungs opened up immediately........Air moved.........no western inhaler acts that fast..........

So from my experience acupuncture works great for asthma. And I would much prefer some needles to all those nasty western drugs.

Anyway............derail over
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2010, 05:06 PM   #89
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
I'm curious about this. How long did this exhaustion last? I ask because there wasn't ONE impact, there were twenty-one impacts! Over an extended period of time. The largest one happened about 7:30 in the morning GMT two days after the 'event' began.
Let me ask you AJ, when it's said that a beam of light goes to infinity, do you believe that? I kinda "don't", as the battery from a flashlight, "think?" (small beam example) only has so much power, but some would say the different levels of light never end, so still go to points of where we cannot see anymore or recognize with our naked eye, (or some such effect?). I've heard something about a candle light in a room...(?) Like the immediate flame - sure we see quite clearly, and then an outer one (ring/glow - uh huh), and then... well, really the whole room does have light affect, different levels of it to it's darkest corners. [/quote]

Well, do I believe that it goes on forever? Yes, after a fashion I do. The light from a flashlight is the same 'stuff' as the light from the sun (albeit, in the case of the former, a much more narrow band of the stuff). The light from any source (regardless of what that source is) spreads out according to the inverse square law (our old friend from a couple of days ago) such that as it travels it becomes more diffuse and as it gets more diffuse, it becomes more and more dim. To give you a sense of what is happening, think of a laser--the most focused and coherent stream of photons (light) that we know how to create. A laser pointed at the Moon starts out as a tightly focused beam maybe one or two human hairs think (40 microns or so), by the time it reaches the moon it is a beam a *mile* wide!

So does the light keep going forever? Yes, it does since photons (particles of light) have no mass they just keep moving at the speed of light. However, because of the inverse square law, they become very, very dim to the point of not being visible but the photons are still traveling. Some alien intelligence, looking back at the Earth wouldn't really notice our visible light because it would be washed out by the brightness of the Sun. In fact, most of our light transmissions would be washed out by the sun with the exception of microwave and radio transmissions. These would be *very* faint but there would be a lot more of them than one would expect from a star like ours which would be a tip-off to any aliens doing a SETI-like search.

The difference here is that the meteor crashing into the Earth is actually obeying some rather simple physics. As it moves through the air, it is displacing air (thus the shockwave in front of it and the sonic boom behind) and being heated by friction (thus the glow). When it hits, all of that energy gets transferred to the Earth and using a very simple equation (Force=mass*acceleration) we can make predictions about what kinds of things we should see. If it hits the water, it will displace the water (thus a tsunami) and then when it finally strikes solid ground it will displace more earth (thus a second tsunami) causing it to eject into the stratosphere. The heat will be transferred to the ejecta and a crater will form.

The thing is, we've detected all four forces. Now, to give you an idea of just how sensitive our instruments are we can detect the strong and weak nuclear forces. These are of such short range that they ONLY exist inside atoms! You will never ever feel either the nuclear force or the weak force. Even though this is true, the gravitational force is weaker than either of those. The only reason why gravity seems so strong is that there's so damn much mass in the Earth to create it. So if there's some other force out there then it is MUCH weaker than the gravitational force and would need to be shorter range than either the strong or weak nuclear forces in order to explain why we haven't detected it so far. Might there be one? Sure, it's *possible* but that doesn't make it likely.

Actually, these are not different *at all*. In fact, if we were in a perfectly sealed spaceship and moving at a constant velocity you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between being on the spaceship and being at rest on the launchpad! They would feel *exactly* the same, provided we didn't accelerate. There's nothing particularly special about being on land or in space when talking about movement. Acceleration and gravity are interchangeable for one another.

One thing I find really interesting about these discussions is just how much other people trust their brains/minds and how little I trust mine. I presume that my brain is error-ridden, tends to see patterns where none exists, and subject to various optical-illusions and errors in thinking. I sometimes *wish* that I trusted my brain enough to presume that if I think that, for instance, my grandmother contacted me psychically the night she died that means that she *did* contact me. However, I don't trust my brain that much which might seem odd but it isn't. My habit of thinking is to try to avoid what I *want* to be true and to always question 'why do I think this is the way things work'.

Cheers
Aj[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the responses AJ.

You know I'm not sure of length of time (feeling affected), being back that far - and I was recovering from a nice contusion on the left side of my brain, where my "intuitive" right side kind of blew wide open at that time. I'm not sure what your opinion is of the left brain/right brain functions. It seems medical scientists know or have concluded quite a bit thus far...(?)

I had been told for many years that I needed to get past my left side thinking brain, as I was too "triple earth grounded", from my birth moment - if one believes spacing, location and allignment with planets and all, longitude/latitude, and time of births affect our personalites and such. (Horoscope, planetary allignment charting stuff is where I would hear this... I knew some good astrologers, who respected this as such a science?)

However, it (being so left brain) helped me to be very good at the type of work that I did. And even being sensitive as an emotional human being really helped me in the field I was in! (Of course, other factors affect who we are also.)

However, I'm thinking I may have an incorrect reference of collision here. Did something happen around '94? I'm thinking this was actually two comets colliding? And it seems to me that it happened around 3:30PM something - give or take so many minutes...(?)

Then, I just happened to look at the clock, and found out later it was the same precise time of the collision I have in mind. I nearly blacked out, like getting shot up with a heavy tranquilizer, or something like that I hear of. I slept for a few hours, and I may have been out of it for a few days after - but again it is a bit fuzzy in recall now - but what an amazing coincidence that experience was.

And I apologize if I am mixing up collisions and dates. This is only one period that I identify with as something changed and happened, that I felt. It was quite particular - to me and some others I knew as it turned out. Perhaps other things happening out there in the great beyond had impact on me too over the years, I just don't think about it or keep abreast of much of the happenings - even though I am fascinated by it all. I saw on the "last" site, you had posted something, starting a thread on a near collision with something (meteor?) and earth, that we were not really told much about. I remember I wanted to write on that thread, but I think you dropped out of writing there sometime not too long after that. (Or, I found the thread... later after you had begun it.)

But, I digress a bit here.

Yeah, I'll bet it's hard trusting things with your brain having the type of scientific mind that you do. And there nothing to defend with a scientific mind or brain! It's all good, and necessary. All things serve their purposes, mostly good for the most part - I think! (I try and stay positive, but I'm only human!) I hope that your grandmother came to visit you though. How wonderful is that, if it were somehow true?

Years back, while living in N.Y.C. I was enjoying what happened to be Good Friday, reading the paper in my apt., the sun was streaming in and the cats were basking in it, and all was good and happy in my life - and then I was hit with the worst sense of PURE HARDCORE GRIEF that I have ever experienced. I bent over in emotional pain and cried and cried... I drove into Manhattan (from Brooklyn) sobbing so hard my stomach hurt and I wasn't driving too well in the heavy traffic! I went to my girlfriends at that time, and she saw my facial and body expression and asked what had happened. I could only say, someone just died and that I was so much pain and full of grief... (and I said it must be my one grandmother, I just naturally, for whatever reason, assumed her - she was older and I felt such a close "gut" feeling about this, etc... I didn't question someone had died, I knew.) So, I stayed with her until Easter Sunday and she came back with me on Sunday. I said "can't you feel the change in the energy just coming into the neighborhood"? I know that doesn't make sense, it was just how I was feeling. She of course, did not pick up on anything different. I also said there was going to be one message on the answering machine and it wasn't going to be good news.

Well, there was one. I didn't want to take it, but she said "what if it is for me" from a family member? So, here it was my best friend from Pittsburgh. We were getting ready to go to Washington for an AIDS demonstration or gay rights (?)... and I really thought I was nuts right then, and that he was calling about our hotel arrangements for D.C. So, I called him and rattled off this hysteria to him (it's kind of funny now, thinking about it) and he was SOOOOOOO quiet. I asked him if I interrupted sex between him and his partner! He just said, "no, I don't know how to tell you this". And what it was, on Good Friday an ex-girlfriend of mine had died - and I'm telling you AJ I don't have a doubt in my mind that she was there in spirit or something somehow, in an INSTANT!

I later found out she did closure with everyone, all of our old friends - except for my best friend in Pittsburgh (and they had not kept in touch anyway), and myself. In fact, she asked folks not to let me know she was dying. She lived in San Fran then.

Just a little story to think about... (?)

Hope you're having a nice day!
__

Oh, when I said "I'm talking about movement on land and space, as being something different", I believe I was in my head relating the difference to biblical like stories and religion based on these stories that folks believe in, that we have no fact of... not the difference between impact on land and space - just movement wherever (including impacts). But, appreciate your explanation on that. And I might even being mixing your response up incorrectly (?)

I have a fun little old link somewhere I want to track down and post. I'd be curious to see what some folks think of it... It in interesting and ties into science and astrology, etc... I'll look for it (once my cramps settle down).

And another question for ya AJ. What is outside of our known "universe"? Do you think it's possible that there are other universes - that space is infinite and that it is quite possible (and beyond our current scientific capabilities) to see or know about this at this time? Like for shits and giggles, say somewhere like earth exist in another universe, and perhaps folks are much more advanced and different spiritually - having evolved I'll say, (kind of like in the movie Contact, if you happened to have seen that, with Jodie Foster).

I think how in the '60 our rockets shot up and dumped back into the ocean, and now we have precision landing. Maybe that's why at vary times in history here, folks perhaps saw various flying objects or crafts - not familiar to them? (And no, I don't believe all stories!) If we advanced so quickly in a few short decades, what about somewhere else, maybe "ahead of us" then? Maybe we will evolve in ways not yet understood. Maybe there's somewhere behind us evolving where we or others "were"...(?) How can there ONLY be space past our universe? And of course, I don't think there is a wall or sorts to stop space...

Just thinking here... letting the Motrin kick in.

Thanks,
Wildcat

*If this is too deraily folks, oops.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:18 PM   #90
dreadgeek
Power Femme

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Member Photo Albums

Quote:

[COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]Thanks for the responses AJ.

You know I'm not sure of length of time (feeling affected), being back that far - and I was recovering from a nice contusion on the left side of my brain, where my "intuitive" right side kind of blew wide open at that time. I'm not sure what your opinion is of the left brain/right brain functions. It seems medical scientists know or have concluded quite a bit thus far...(?)
It's clear that the brain organizes itself in hemispheres and that these hemispheres have somewhat different roles. I see no reason, at present, to doubt that this is the case.

Quote:
However, I'm thinking I may have an incorrect reference of collision here. Did something happen around '94? I'm thinking this was actually two comets colliding? And it seems to me that it happened around 3:30PM something - give or take so many minutes...(?)
The Shoemaker-Levy collision with Jupiter was in the summer of 1994, over a period of about a week. Keep in mind that if you are saying you felt some signal sent to you from Jupiter that signal took around 45 minutes to reach you (that's the transit time for a signal, moving at the speed of light, to go from Jupiter to Earth).

Quote:
And I apologize if I am mixing up collisions and dates. This is only one period that I identify with as something changed and happened, that I felt. It was quite particular - to me and some others I knew as it turned out. Perhaps other things happening out there in the great beyond had impact on me too over the years, I just don't think about it or keep abreast of much of the happenings - even though I am fascinated by it all. I saw on the "last" site, you had posted something, starting a thread on a near collision with something (meteor?) and earth, that we were not really told much about. I remember I wanted to write on that thread, but I think you dropped out of writing there sometime not too long after that. (Or, I found the thread... later after you had begun it.)
You might be talking about the Apophis near-Earth pass event that will take place in 2029. I've written about it elsewhere on this thread so I'll just give the quick recap. Apophis will pass VERY close to Earth (lower than the geosynchronous orbit of satellites) in 2029. It's not likely to hit the Earth then however, if it passes through a very small region called a 'keyhole' (I was wrong in my earlier post the keyhole is only about 600 meters across) then on its outbound pass it will hit the Earth on April 13, 2036.

Quote:
Yeah, I'll bet it's hard trusting things with your brain having the type of scientific mind that you do.
This is a matter of training my mind to behave. I was, at one point in my life, a believer in faith healing, speaking in tongues, that homosexuality was caused by a demon, all manner of non-sensical things. After I left that worldview, I spent another few years studying astrology and tarot until one of my professor's asked me to explain how astrology worked in a complete and full manner since I was claiming it was scientific. When I couldn't come up with a reasonable mechanism, given the standard of astronomy (and since I was claiming that astrology and astronomy were both science the standard of evidence had to be normalized between the two) I had to abandon my faith in astronomy.

Quote:
I hope that your grandmother came to visit you though. How wonderful is that, if it were somehow true?
That would be a nice thought but that doesn't make it a true thought.

Quote:
And another question for ya AJ. What is outside of our known "universe"?
Well that depends upon what you mean by the 'known universe'. If you mean 'what is the Universe expanding into' I'm not sure that I can even give a speculative answer because I don't know and I'm not sure that it is a meaningful question. We are used to things like balloons expanding into available space but, as I understand it, as the Universe expands more space is being created! So outside of that known universe, I have no idea. There's another concept of known universe (and it's the one I prefer because it makes more sense to me) is that which is visible within our light-cone. Keep in mind that whenever you see *anything* you are looking at as it was however long ago light left it. Now, for all of our day-to-day seeing that can be considered instantaneous because light is fast and nothing on Earth is far away when traveling at the speed of light. However, when you look at the sun you are not seeing as it is now but as it was 8 minutes ago. So telescopes are, after a fashion, time machines. The very BEST telescope humans have built, the Hubble Space Telescope, can see back to the early Universe when it was only half a billion years old. But no further back than that. Why? Because before that the Universe was too hot for there to be free-floating photons so that is out of what is called our 'light cone'.

Quote:
Do you think it's possible that there are other universes - that space is infinite and that it is quite possible (and beyond our current scientific capabilities) to see or know about this at this time?
I think it's *possible* certainly. What I have read of various multiverse hypothesis seem reasonably coherent although it's hard wrapping my head around them.

Quote:
Like for shits and giggles, say somewhere like earth exist in another universe, and perhaps folks are much more advanced and different spiritually - having evolved I'll say, (kind of like in the movie Contact, if you happened to have seen that, with Jodie Foster).
Well, we don't necessarily have to look outside our universe for that. Given how many stars there are in all of the galaxies I think it's likely that life exists elsewhere in the Universe. Given what a neat trick intelligence is, I'd be willing to wager that there's other *intelligent* life in the Universe. Now, I think the supreme cosmic joke is that there may be intelligent life throughout the Universe but because of the limitation of the speed of light, we're all isolated in our little pockets.

Quote:
I think how in the '60 our rockets shot up and dumped back into the ocean, and now we have precision landing. Maybe that's why at vary times in history here, folks perhaps saw various flying objects or crafts - not familiar to them? (And no, I don't believe all stories!) If we advanced so quickly in a few short decades, what about somewhere else, maybe "ahead of us" then?
I very strongly doubt that the Earth has been visited by extraterrestial beings. The reasons for this are numerous. For starters, exploration of distant stars is time consuming so if you're going to go somewhere you have a destination. Let's say we could build a spaceship capable of traveling the speed of light. A round-trip to the next *nearest* star would be 8 years (four out and four back). Because of the time-dilation affect, your subjective 8 years would be close to a thousand years here on Earth! So there's that for starters (this is not something related to us on Earth this is just true for ANY civilization that could build a ship that could accelerate to the speed of light). So why would aliens come to this planet? Until about 100 years ago, there would be no sure tell-tale sign from space that the planet had *intelligent* life (you could view the chemistry of our atmosphere and, presuming you were from a planet like Earth where animals breathed oxygen, surmise that this much oxygen in the atmosphere means that there must be plant life). So until we started sending radio signals out we would look like a planet with an unusually poisonous atmosphere (remember that oxygen is waste gas of plants). The other reason I doubt that we've been visited is that the energy requirements would be HUGE.

I'm not saying that interstellar travel is impossible. I'd like to believe that, in fact, some civilization has reduced the problem from a scientific issue (can it be done) to an engineering problem (how to do it economically and safely).

Cheers
Aj

Old 02-06-2010, 11:59 PM   #91
friskyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
precious
Relationship Status:
down to earth

friskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Frisky:

All we have in science is theories*. A fact is data. The way I like to explain it is like this: Fact: The Earth orbits the Sun. Theory: The Sun's gravitational mass describes various orbits around its center of mass. Earth occupies the third orbital position and is taking the least energetic path around the sun. Now, it so happens that theory is very much in agreement with observation and that is the mark of good science. It sounds like the issue you have with scientists is that they approach things like, well, scientists.

So the spiritual level is all-knowing? Because that's what I take the use of the word omniscience to mean?

*A theory, in science, isn't a guess. A theory, in science, is a well-established model for how some system works in nature. When I use the term theory, I am (almost) always using the scientific use of that term. In fact, when I use the term theory in these venues it's the *only* way I use that term because to do otherwise just creates confusion.

Cheers
Aj
Dread
Thanks for your clarification regarding the 'scientific' use of theory.
It is my intention to say spiritual= omiscience 'total awarenes/all knowing'. Each of the levels are representative of beginning of itself to the touch of the next. It is truly a simplistic view of existence. Each brings it's own properties to life. The physical(body), what is measureable, mental (mind), what is reasoned, spirit, what is.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:25 PM   #92
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by friskyfemme View Post
Dread
Thanks for your clarification regarding the 'scientific' use of theory.
It is my intention to say spiritual= omiscience 'total awarenes/all knowing'. Each of the levels are representative of beginning of itself to the touch of the next. It is truly a simplistic view of existence. Each brings it's own properties to life. The physical(body), what is measureable, mental (mind), what is reasoned, spirit, what is.
Maybe it's because I haven't had breakfast yet......

This post makes absolutely no sense to me. Can you clarify what you mean?
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 12:04 AM   #93
BornBronson
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently banned 7/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
Straight Butch Woman
Relationship Status:
Nice Tie

BornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond repute

*snort*

I think that's the year Sarah Palin will be our first woman president.Y'all know we should of put Mrs.Clinton in first.
BornBronson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:42 PM   #94
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

what do you all think about
this video...

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:28 PM   #95
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornBronson View Post
*snort*

I think that's the year Sarah Palin will be our first woman president.Y'all know we should of put Mrs.Clinton in first.
Lord help us if Sara Palin becomes our first woman prezz,Hillary should run again,but I doubt she will.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:07 PM   #96
friskyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
precious
Relationship Status:
down to earth

friskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar55 View Post

what do you all think about
this video...

MS,
Thank you for posting this.
I follow the believe that the change is near. I also believe that before the renewal is death. As human beings become aware of ending, there will be diverse reaction some will choose to ignore it, some will embrace it, some will try to change it. I believe there will be major chaos which will grow with the change setting off a catastrophic panic. I think if you are living respectful of your environment, you'll survive the change.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:41 PM   #97
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,903 Times in 1,030 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

I think the same thing about it as I do any other claim that the end is nigh. Just like with Y2K people will hype about it as it approaches, then once it's past everyone will forget about it and move onto the next "apocalypse." People have been thinking the end of humanity was around the corner for millions of years now, probably starting with the first thunder clap heard by human ears.

Every few years people freak out because some "prophecy" or misinterpreted piece of information says so. Y2K, the Large Hadron Collider, some meteor spotted near earth, Nostradamus. Take your pick.
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EnderD_503 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2010, 10:23 PM   #98
Venus007

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Serene Highness ;}
Relationship Status:
Dreamily contemplating some outrage against conventional morality

Thanked 4,767 Times in 1,142 Posts
Venus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST Reputation
Default What it mean to me . . .

1. That I am going back to Detroit to Honest John's Bar and No Grill to attend a party on 12/20/2012 from 10pm-2am 2012 called "Absolutely NO Tabs" I am looking forward to it greatly

2. That I will only have less than a year to prepare for the roll out of ICD-10.

Other than that, I think the guy who made the calendar had to stop somewhere and so he did.

I would wish fervently it would mean the end of the world as we know it as far as pinched irrational nastiness but I am thinking it is too much to ask.

"So you'll die happily for your sins. You'd rather die in guilt then live in love?" Timothy Leary
Venus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Venus007 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2010, 10:26 PM   #99
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,666 Times in 7,654 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

December 21, 2012 will be my 57th birthday. I have a ritual of going out for breakfast with a pal for cranberry-walnut pancakes. I am giving the universe notice that I expect to get my pancakes BEFORE anything out of the ordinary happens.

Have read up on the projections for that date. The science and theories are fascinating, invigorating, and sometimes downright astounding. But, I think I am sticking to my wait and see approach to most projections of impending doom. No sense wasting time and energy on something I have no control over.

I'm thinking it is also going to take me til 2013 to figure out what Aj and Wildcat are debating.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2010, 12:14 PM   #100
Luckydwg07

How Do You Identify?:
Yes Ma'am! Butchiness- hard shell candy with a soft center
Relationship Status:
I've bee found-Life has new meaning to me

Luckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up 2012 means

The Year Of The Dragon ~ Appalachian Trail Thru Hike?
The Following User Says Thank You to Luckydwg07 For This Useful Post: