Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 08-17-2011, 02:30 PM   #1101
sweetfemme247

How Do You Identify?:
fem
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme, she, her, baby, sweetie
Relationship Status:
holding my heart close and putting back up a wall

sweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputation

All is well with me, I went off track alittle this morning, I made sage sausage(that my uncle shot himself) and eggs and toast for my aunt since she broke her elbow..... tonight Im making home made pierogies and kabasa on the grill.

Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.
Jim Rohn
sweetfemme247 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sweetfemme247 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2011, 02:46 PM   #1102
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I need ya boo, gotta see ya boo

Thanked 13,086 Times in 3,051 Posts
PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation

Well, food for today was...

Breakfast:
ONE scrambled egg, mixed with some leftover red potato & a lil' bit of the WW shredded cheese, wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla - 7 points

Lunch:
a WW lasagna, a slice of wheat bread, and fresh fruit for dessert - 9 points

Snacks:
I really haven't had much of an appetite today... so I just munched on a few grapes & a string cheese - 1 point

Dinner:
I've got some leftover grilled chicken, so I'm gonna sautee some onion & red pepper and mix in the leftover chicken. Put it on a wheat tortilla, with a lil' cheese and salsa & avacado... voila FAJITAS!

D is going out of town for a few days, so I'll be cooking for 1. I'm going to make sure that I have plenty of good stuff in the fridge to keep from making those fast & easy trips to the drive thru... BAD! Luckily I'm gonna be working the 2nd job throughout most of the weekend, so I'll stay pretty busy and have already promised myself to get my ass to the gym!

Anyway, tomorrow is weigh in day for me... so we shall see! I hope that everyone has a great night!! Keep up the great work y'all

Last edited by PinkieLee; 08-17-2011 at 02:49 PM.
PinkieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2011, 02:59 PM   #1103
Gentle Tiger

How Do You Identify?:
As a Tiger of course
Preferred Pronoun?:
Not the Old Man
Relationship Status:
Two Tigers

Thanked 15,997 Times in 3,996 Posts
Gentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST Reputation

I lost my mind last night at Joe's Crab Shack. But I have returned. I am not enjoying some that calico bass that I caught and salad.

Gentle Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gentle Tiger For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2011, 03:02 PM   #1104
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Today was greek yogurt and fruit for breakfast....1 slice whole wheat toast with peanut butter for mid-morning snack.

Lunch was my giant salad....and I do mean giant. It fills a 2 qt. bowl....lettuce, cucumber, diced raw carrot, 2 hard-boiled eggs, 1/2 c. chickpeas, handful of black olives and my homemade dressing.

Dinner will be chili cuz my sweetie is cooking (more beans...yay!)

Late snack.....probably fruit, veggies....maybe some cheese or almonds.

I'm finding this reasonably easy to do. It certainly takes more prep time because of the fruits and veggies, but I'm taking some shortcuts like buying pre-cut fresh fruit salad at the grocery store at times.

Astoundingly, it's a LOT of food to eat, and I don't get everything on the list in each day!
Old 08-17-2011, 03:14 PM   #1105
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,442 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

Today was:

Breakfast; strawberry banana Greek yogurt with a 12oz glass of chocolate soymilk and coffee

Lunch; tuna with olive oil mayo, oregano, cheese and black pepper with lettuce on a flour tortilla

Snacks; 90 calorie granola bar, 1 small bowl of popcorn oatmeal square cereal

Dinner; left over rice, corn, peppers cheese and chicken mixed together with a 8oz glass if orange juice

I drank several large glasses of water

I vacuumed the apartment today.

Tonight is gym night! I kicked ass on the exercise bike lastnight until my legs felt like spaghetti noodles!

Zimmy
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2011, 04:38 PM   #1106
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

Hello everybody! Some great news in here and great tips, THANKS!
I hope everyone enjoyed a healthy good day! If you're not losing weight you may be at a plateau and should maybe try different foods with less sugar, less fat, less sodium to see if that helps. Maybe more apples, or a steak! I don't know just heard that somewhere. haha. . and it could be you are losing inches even if you're not losing weight. Check that out. Remember if you are trying to stay away from caffeine and want energy eat an apple!

I'm on day 2 of my diet and this is what I ate today:

Breakfast: dark roast coffee, cantaloupe
Lunch: Grilled shrimp, yellow squash
Snack: 1 grissini breadstick
Dinner: Chicken breast with a spicy tomato sauce
Snack/Dessert: watermelon or a peach.

I ate everything I wanted before I started my diet (loaded up for 2 days) and I weighed this morning and had lost 3.6 lbs. after being on a diet 1 day. I'll see what tomorrow brings. I don't expect to keep losing this much every day, especially as my body gets used to the change in food, sugar, fat. It's a great feeling though to know it can be done. I think I may go ahead and do my ab workout before bed also.

Have a good evening everybody!
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2011, 05:16 PM   #1107
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,442 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

Off to the gym I go!!

Zimmy
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2011, 05:40 PM   #1108
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetfemme247
All is well with me, I went off track alittle this morning, I made sage sausage(that my uncle shot himself) and eggs and toast for my aunt since she broke her elbow..... tonight Im making home made pierogies and kabasa on the grill.

Perogies and kielbasa? I'll be right over LOL

I'll try and give a basic rundown of what I ate today:

Breakfast (9am) ~ 1 pkg raisin & spice oatmeal and a 500ml bottle of water

Snack (10:30am) ~ a 100 calorie pack of chocolate chip cookies

Lunch (12:30) ~ Chef Boyardee mini ravioli w/ meatballs and a glass of Chocolate Almond Milk

Supper (in about 15-20 mins) ~ chicken nuggets (5 or 6 small ones), mac 'n cheese (a little bit) and mixxed veggies (green beans, carrots and peas) and a bottle of water mixed with Nestea drink mix (blueberry pomegranate)

Snack (probably about 9pm or so) ~ Special K 100 cal pack strawberry fruit crisps

This is My first day without pepsi and so far I haven't missed it ~ I will allow Myself little sips here and there if I really have a craving for it but so far so good, no craving it right now ......... I'm happy :-)

Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2011, 06:08 PM   #1109
Lizzy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Lizzy Has the BEST ReputationLizzy Has the BEST ReputationLizzy Has the BEST ReputationLizzy Has the BEST ReputationLizzy Has the BEST ReputationLizzy Has the BEST ReputationLizzy Has the BEST ReputationLizzy Has the BEST ReputationLizzy Has the BEST ReputationLizzy Has the BEST ReputationLizzy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvie View Post
i haven't had a weigh in this week, but i soooo want one...
Realistically, i've lost an amount of weight, but not because i've been eating healthy, mostly because i hadn't eaten much period... i had oral surgery last Monday, and of course the first few days i barely ate, and then my appetite diminished.. SO, working on building that back up, though i LOVE having no appetite, lol..it's not the healthy way to go about this.. SO, while doing so, scared i'll gain a few lbs back and don't want that disappointment..(i know i would obsess it, lots)

But ohhhh, sooooo want to weigh in, my clothes feel looser, and 'that' feels great.. But, i am getting back on track, forcing myself to eat and forcing myself to drink (i wasnt even drinking much sadly)..

SO, will report my updated weight loss next week!
I need to start weighing myself again.I have just been going by how my clothes feel but sometimes it takes a significant amount of weight for my clothes to actually feel tight as it usually goes straight to my chest and then to my butt.I get really bad backaches when my weight goes up.I got my genes from Dads side of the family.They are all Italians with a lot of "curves".My sister of course took after my mothers side of the family and has always been a size 0 or a 2.But I must admit she does have extremely healthy habits.She has never liked Soda,she doesn't like candy and she never eats fast food.She use to never have to work out but now she does yoga 7 days a week.So my goal this week is to put a battery in my scale and actually use it at least once a week.

http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/a...86/lizzy-1.gif
Lizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lizzy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2011, 07:07 PM   #1110
Lizzy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Lizzy Has the BEST ReputationLizzy Has the BEST ReputationLizzy Has the BEST ReputationLizzy Has the BEST ReputationLizzy Has the BEST ReputationLizzy Has the BEST ReputationLizzy Has the BEST ReputationLizzy Has the BEST ReputationLizzy Has the BEST ReputationLizzy Has the BEST ReputationLizzy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffryder_0187 View Post
Hello everybody! Some great news in here and great tips, THANKS!
I hope everyone enjoyed a healthy good day! If you're not losing weight you may be at a plateau and should maybe try different foods with less sugar, less fat, less sodium to see if that helps. Maybe more apples, or a steak! I don't know just heard that somewhere. haha. . and it could be you are losing inches even if you're not losing weight. Check that out. Remember if you are trying to stay away from caffeine and want energy eat an apple!

I'm on day 2 of my diet and this is what I ate today:

Breakfast: dark roast coffee, cantaloupe
Lunch: Grilled shrimp, yellow squash
Snack: 1 grissini breadstick
Dinner: Chicken breast with a spicy tomato sauce
Snack/Dessert: watermelon or a peach.

I ate everything I wanted before I started my diet (loaded up for 2 days) and I weighed this morning and had lost 3.6 lbs. after being on a diet 1 day. I'll see what tomorrow brings. I don't expect to keep losing this much every day, especially as my body gets used to the change in food, sugar, fat. It's a great feeling though to know it can be done. I think I may go ahead and do my ab workout before bed also.

Have a good evening everybody!
When I had my second son I gained ......gulp.....80 pounds!!!! I was addicted to Coke in the can which I never drank before I was pregnant.I was out of control with food.When my son was 12 weeks old he got RSV and was in the hospital for 12days under an oxygen tent.I had already lost a child at 5months of pregnency so there was no way I could handle losing my son.The first six months of his life I couldn't let anyone near him so I stayed home a lot and ate.I was now 100 pounds up and I could barely move.I am only 5'2 and I have a very small frame.My body was in pain 24-7.I was so depressed so then I would eat and the viscious cycle continued.One day my son was looking at some pictures of a weekend trip we took him on, he was only four years old and he said"Mommy how come you didn't come with us?"I was never willing to have my photo taken because I didn't want to see myself.I was trying to ignore the problem.I decided in that minute to join WW.I joined in July and by the following May I had lost 100pounds.I was just really driven.I made sure no matter what to exercise an hour a day and I always swithched up my exercise routine.I walked,I played tennis,I took water areobics,I took country line dancing lessons with my mother.I even tried to rollerskate with my dog(that didn't work out so good for me)I gave up all candy and only drank water with lemons,most importantly I never skipped a meeting.I have found I am really good at losing weight, but I am not that great at mainting my weight.I am hoping that talking about my issues with food and new tips from everyone will help me stay on track.

http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/a...86/lizzy-1.gif
Lizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lizzy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2011, 07:48 PM   #1111
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

This morning I had for breakfast was a bowl of cottage cheese and fresh peaches 8:30am at 10:00am I had 1/2 cup of capt.crunch cereal no milk just plain(only 21 carbs a 1cup bowl so its was 10 carbs..besides it was good) I went to the gym and rode the cross trainer for 3 miles and 100 calories gone.Then got on the street exercycle and rode 9 miles with the loss of 225 calories.Once I caught my breath and could stand and walk I went to the weight room then did a fue things liek the siting abb cruncher 10 at 30 pounda..10 at 50 pounda and back to 10 at 30 to finish it out.The next thing I used was some free weights arm curls with 15pounds (30each arm) the 20 leg presses at 70 pounds.I said I was going to keep it an easy day cause its been a coupel of weeks since ive been to the gym cause of my sore shoulder,but I felt good so I kept going,I know I will feel it tomorrow.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2011, 07:49 PM   #1112
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

P.s.s.s I had a huge salad at 3:00pm so im not any way hungry for dinner.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2011, 09:03 PM   #1113
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,744 Times in 5,090 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

BB and I are on our annual vacation with my mom to Montauk this week. I've managed to eat healthy the whole time thus far, which is good because I'm not getting as much exercise being away from the gym. I'm a creature of habit so I have a hard time jumping into alternative exercise routines while away.

My aunt stayed with us a few days, and even though it was raining we took a nice walk on the beach by the ocean in our swimsuits! We had the beach all to ourselves, as it was cold too. I must say it was kinda nice to have my fat during that adventure because it kept me warm! Then today I jumped waves in the ocean for about an hour and kinda kept my legs moving in the pool with one of those foam pool "noodles" (Noodles, yum, tee hee).

I've been cooking for all of us almost every night instead of going out. Tonight I made quinoa mixed with Greek yogurt (has a very comfort food texture) with veggie chili on top (kidney beans, tomatos, onions, peppers, red wine vinegar, garlic, cumin). I think it really helps to go on a vacation to a place that has a kitchen. Having the time on a vacation to do a lot of cooking is also relaxing.
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2011, 12:33 AM   #1114
DamonK

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 7,762 Times in 1,881 Posts
DamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST Reputation

I actually ended up having to get help from a body builder friend.

When my doc changed my meds, I didn't realize the biggest side effect would be loss of appetite.

It was an absolutely miserable couple of weeks until MBE and I figured out a partial solution.

I'm not allowed to fix my plate anymore. MBE does it. She puts a few (around 5) bites of meat, a spoonful starch -- potatoes, rice, whatever, then a couple of spoonfuls of veggies. She knows I'm aware that this can be a problem, so I'm likely to eat the veggies first, so I get the most of those.

As she puts it, "If it doesn't look like so much, you might eat it better."

Now comes the body builder friend part. Like I said, the solution above is only a partial solution. I'm still not hungry and its hard to make myself to eat that much. So, now I get body fortess protein powder and mix it in almond milk. It gives me the nutrients I have to have, yet doesn't make me eat.

I can relate to the gaining weight problem. I get soooooooooooo mad. None of my clothes fit. Everything is too big. What used to be tight on me is now either a perfect fit or too loose. Yet the scale shows no difference.

Then I remembered the fat turning to muscle and muscle weighing more thingy...

Then I don't feel so bad.
DamonK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DamonK For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2011, 07:31 AM   #1115
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,790 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Good morning all!

Note on pound of fat vs. Pound of muscle. Both equal one pound. The difference is that fat is more dense than muscle and a pound of muscle helps make us look leaner than a pound of fat

That being said: I was in Costco at lunch yesterday and went crazy! I had one of their 100% all beef hotdogs with mustard and onions. So good! Yes, I know it was probably full of mystery parts and tons of fat but it was yummy. I do not beat myself up for an occasional detour. Beating ourselves up can =giving up and I will not do that.

In my own headspace, I can eat something like that and jump back on my healthy eating train, no problem. Have not done that in ages. For dinner I had grilled shrimp and sliced tomatoes-also yum.

As long as I do not eat sugar-my personal trigger-I am fine.

Have a great healthy eating day all (me included)!

Hugs,

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2011, 07:43 AM   #1116
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anya/Georgia View Post
Beating ourselves up can =giving up and I will not do that.

In my own headspace, I can eat something like that and jump back on my healthy eating train, no problem. Have not done that in ages. For dinner I had grilled shrimp and sliced tomatoes-also yum.

As long as I do not eat sugar-my personal trigger-I am fine.

Have a great healthy eating day all (me included)!

Hugs,
Amen to that!

Yesterday I was craving chocolate....so I had a tiny serving of good, dark Godiva chocolate....and savored every minute, let it melt on my tongue....and then got right back on the eating plan.

The scale this morning says no problem with that...and I'm back to greek yogurt, fruit and coffee for breakfast.

Tonight's dinner will be baked chicken and veggies (probably potatoes for Scoote and the Prince....but I might take a tiny serving if I've had no bread today).

My "official" weigh in won't be until Saturday but so far the scale has gone down every morning this week....so I'm happy. My "unofficial" weight loss since Saturday (5 days on this plan) is 4.5 lbs....which is kind of amazing. I know initial weight loss is often bigger but it sure feels nice!
Old 08-18-2011, 08:02 AM   #1117
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Thanked 4,133 Times in 1,079 Posts
Thinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
Yesterday I was craving chocolate....
It just occurred to me... I have not craved chocolate in quite some time. This is a miracle of sorts. Seriously...

I can't remember if I mentioned in here that I put the scale away......on a shelf out in the garage. Anyway... It was strange to go in this morning and fix my coffee because the scale wasn't there. I realized just how good it was to put it away because, obviously, I had gotten into the habit of getting on it every morning.

No good.

When it passed through my mind this morning and I remembered it was gone and reminded myself why, I then thought to myself.......F*ck that thing.

The wife and I were talking about how many calories make a pound and how many calories, on average, I burn due to exercise and general activity; and gaining 3 pounds in 3 days is RIDICULOUS and does not make sense. It's just one of those weird body things going on, and I don't need to subject myself to all of that on such a regular basis.

So that's that!!!
Old 08-18-2011, 08:09 AM   #1118
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinker View Post
It just occurred to me... I have not craved chocolate in quite some time. This is a miracle of sorts. Seriously...

I can't remember if I mentioned in here that I put the scale away......on a shelf out in the garage. Anyway... It was strange to go in this morning and fix my coffee because the scale wasn't there. I realized just how good it was to put it away because, obviously, I had gotten into the habit of getting on it every morning.

No good.

When it passed through my mind this morning and I remembered it was gone and reminded myself why, I then thought to myself.......F*ck that thing.

The wife and I were talking about how many calories make a pound and how many calories, on average, I burn due to exercise and general activity; and gaining 3 pounds in 3 days is RIDICULOUS and does not make sense. It's just one of those weird body things going on, and I don't need to subject myself to all of that on such a regular basis.

So that's that!!!
I think that's a great way to look at it, and putting the scale away is a good idea in your case. You're right....gaining 3 lbs. in 3 days is crazy unless you were eating an additional 3500 calories a day worth of food - which I think you'd notice!

Our bodies do odd things....some days they hang onto water, some days they don't. Hormones play a huge role that I'm not convinced we totally understand.

I think it's easy to make ourselves crazy over things we don't have understanding of or control over.

If you know that you're eating right, exercising well, getting enough sleep....I'd say you're on the right track, and your body will organize itself around and find its own best place. Health is the goal...and you're doing GREAT!
Old 08-18-2011, 08:52 AM   #1119
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I need ya boo, gotta see ya boo

Thanked 13,086 Times in 3,051 Posts
PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation

GOOD morning y'all

Well, look at all these positive changes happening, weight losses & healthy living going on up in here! I can't tell y'all how much you all motivate me to keep on going!

Weigh in was today... 2 more pounds gone forever! WOOHOOOO! It's crazy because my FIRST goal that I set for myself is only 13 pounds away... seriously, for the first time in a long time I can see it and KNOW it's gonna happen!

Three weeks ago, I started window shopping for a dress to wear to the Reunion at my favorite store ROSS. I found the most kick-ass black & leopard dress (just what I wanted for only $18). Excited, I headed to the dressing room only to find that I couldn't fit the damn thing over my birthin' hips. Ugh, I put that fabulous dress back on the hanger and left.

Last night, I went into another ROSS, just window shopping again, and low & behold I see the same freakin' dress. So, I grabbed it up and went to the dressing room, wishing & hoping to see a change. Unbelievably, I got the dress on AND zipped up! HOLY CRAP is all I can say. Now, it's still pretty snug in lots of places, but I bought the damn dress anyway!

So, hanging in my closet is my "goal dress" to wear to the Reunion. I've got 8 weeks 'till I have to wear this dress.... and there is NO WAY IN HELL I'm gonna let this kick-ass dress just stay on the hanger!
PinkieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2011, 08:54 AM   #1120
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Thanked 4,721 Times in 1,270 Posts
Scorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST Reputation

My pants are too big! I'm having to wear a belt these days. I'm actually in between sizes...I still have my gut..but everything else seems to be a little smaller. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

I think I need to go shopping for work attire! It will be interesting to see what the scale says on Saturday. I'm almost tempted to weigh myself tomorrow morning instead.

I hope I'm not disappointed at my weigh-in...I hoping I lost at least 2 lbs this week.
Scorp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Scorp For This Useful Post: