Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 05-20-2012, 05:34 PM   #1101
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

The Pirates have struck out 43 times in three games. The Detroit Tigers, NEVER, in their 100 year history have stuck out so many batters in a three day series.

The season is one third over, and it's time for me to start calling this out (again) The Pirate organization did not fire that batting coach (Ritchie) last year when we were pitiful with offense and strike outs, and somehow it managed to get worse.

17 batters struck out today.

Pedro Alveres hits an occasional home run, and plays nearly every day. He's batted 123 times, and struck out 53 times. Thats 42% of no contact with the ball......why is he still in there?

Then there is Rod Barajas (the over weight catcher) he's thrown out 2 runners on 36 attempts. He had another passed ball today, and one yesterday...because he is as over weight as Prince Fielder and is more like a back stop than a catcher. His batting average is .217.....why is he still playing? The Pirates released Doumit because they said he couldn't catch (at least he could hit)

OK, rant over.

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2012, 05:58 PM   #1102
Wolfsong

How Do You Identify?:
Aw man....another label?
Preferred Pronoun?:
Boys will be boys
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 2,031 Times in 418 Posts
Wolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST Reputation
Default Hang in there Pittsburg it isn't over yet

I on the other hand am completely overjoyed that my Chicago White Sox rose to the occasion on the world stage (Games were broadcast on AFN & members of NATO attended) this week by sweeping the Cubs today 6-0.

We went from 4.5 out of 1st and in 3rd to 2nd at 2.5 and passed up Detroit. Bring on the Twinkies!!

Wolfsong is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wolfsong For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2012, 05:01 PM   #1103
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation
Wink I'm not the only one

Keith Hernandez was on the air during this afternoon game (Mets vs. Pirates) totally dissing on Barajas for his lack of discipline and seemingly what Hernandez called an innability to just play the game............

I'd say Keith Hernandez knows a bit more about baseball (and catchers) than I do.

beyond embarrassment

Old 05-24-2012, 04:40 PM   #1104
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

The Giants this season are finally coming together with the bats, but have some defense issues going on. But, they are winning more right now- well, except yesterday! And today they start a series in FL vs. Miami in the inter-league play schedule. Might get womped.

damn, it doesn't look like SF will be playing against Detroit during inter-league play. Damn, I wanted to see Verlander pitch. Have to check home stands and see.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2012, 05:20 AM   #1105
Wolfsong

How Do You Identify?:
Aw man....another label?
Preferred Pronoun?:
Boys will be boys
Relationship Status:
Married

Wolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLast View Post
The Giants this season are finally coming together with the bats, but have some defense issues going on. But, they are winning more right now- well, except yesterday! And today they start a series in FL vs. Miami in the inter-league play schedule. Might get womped.

damn, it doesn't look like SF will be playing against Detroit during inter-league play. Damn, I wanted to see Verlander pitch. Have to check home stands and see.

Now see, I'd like to bury Verlander in the litter box!! For the last few years the Detroit have given us a lot of trouble.

The Giants had bagged one of my favorite players, Aaron Rowand. My wife was able to score front row seats at a Reds game when they were playing the Giants. As Rowand was running back to the dugout she stood up and yelled "Aaron, Chicago misses you!!" He trotted over to her, gave her a big hug over the wall, and told her that he missed home too. After accomodating her for couple of pictures he went into the dugout. He was a fan favorite here. Although he was not the best player on the field he was definitely the locker room team glue guy. Unfortunately I see he is sitting the year out as a free agent this year.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:34 AM   #1106
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,666 Times in 7,654 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

The Red Sox took 2 of 3 from the division leading Orioles. Finally, they are at .500.

Even tho we are anchoring the bottom of the division, the Yanks are sitting right atop us at 1 game over .500.

Weird how 2 teams with gigantic payrolls are languishing in the cellar, fighting for last place at the moment.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2012, 10:09 AM   #1107
Wolfsong

How Do You Identify?:
Aw man....another label?
Preferred Pronoun?:
Boys will be boys
Relationship Status:
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

The Red Sox took 2 of 3 from the division leading Orioles. Finally, they are at .500.

Even tho we are anchoring the bottom of the division, the Yanks are sitting right atop us at 1 game over .500.

Weird how 2 teams with gigantic payrolls are languishing in the cellar, fighting for last place at the moment.

I heard on the news that the Yankees might be for sale. I need to see what's in my piggy bank.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wolfsong For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2012, 11:07 AM   #1108
TimilDeeps

How Do You Identify?:
queer fucker
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mine
Relationship Status:
I'm dating myself. It's really working out. I think I'm the one!!!

Thanked 1,471 Times in 445 Posts
TimilDeeps Has the BEST ReputationTimilDeeps Has the BEST ReputationTimilDeeps Has the BEST ReputationTimilDeeps Has the BEST ReputationTimilDeeps Has the BEST ReputationTimilDeeps Has the BEST ReputationTimilDeeps Has the BEST ReputationTimilDeeps Has the BEST ReputationTimilDeeps Has the BEST ReputationTimilDeeps Has the BEST ReputationTimilDeeps Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfsong View Post

I heard on the news that the Yankees might be for sale. I need to see what's in my piggy bank.
Dude, i've got like a drawer full of change. wanna go halfsies?

have your people call my people
TimilDeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TimilDeeps For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2012, 02:18 PM   #1109
Ciaran

How Do You Identify?:
Altocalciphilic
Preferred Pronoun?:
Papa Smurf
Relationship Status:
Curmudgeonous spinster

Thanked 3,656 Times in 602 Posts
Ciaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

It's being denied by the Yankees but I'd be very surprised if Hal Steinbrenner won't sell if he gets an offer he cannot refuse. He's said to approach things in a business manner rather than romantically so, in basic terms, money talks.

A sale would probably be no bad thing for the Yankees given that they need to invest in the team and that's something the current ownership is reluctant to do.
Ciaran is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ciaran For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2012, 06:25 AM   #1110
Wolfsong

How Do You Identify?:
Aw man....another label?
Preferred Pronoun?:
Boys will be boys
Relationship Status:
Married

Default Hey Pittsburg.....You Are Playing the Cubs....

Here's your chance!! Go for it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimilDeeps View Post
Dude, i've got like a drawer full of change. wanna go halfsies?

have your people call my people

Yeah why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaran View Post
It's being denied by the Yankees but I'd be very surprised if Hal Steinbrenner won't sell if he gets an offer he cannot refuse. He's said to approach things in a business manner rather than romantically so, in basic terms, money talks.

A sale would probably be no bad thing for the Yankees given that they need to invest in the team and that's something the current ownership is reluctant to do.

Not surprisingly the Yankees have the largest payroll in baseball.....followed by (surprise!) the Phillies. My personal opinion is that athletes in all sports should be salary capped to at least something in this stratosphere. It's ludicrous to me that a clown like Alex Rodriguez can make $179M over 10 years and firefighters, soldiers, and teachers barely make enough money to put food on their table. I suppose that could be a whole 'nother thread and it can be argued that nobody is paying $120 to wear a paramedic jersey.
Old 05-26-2012, 06:45 AM   #1111
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Quote:
Here's your chance!! Go for it!!

A.J. Burnett did not disappoint last night. We scraped a victory out thanks to the Cubs two errors. (1-0) The Cubs have lost 10 in a row, this is a LOW for them. Also, this is a 4 game series and we are currently 3 games out of first place with a team batting average of 211. The worst in the majors, It's speaking volumes for our pitching.

Not surprisingly the Yankees have the largest payroll in baseball.....followed by (surprise!) the Phillies. My personal opinion is that athletes in all sports should be salary capped to at least something in this stratosphere. It's ludicrous to me that a clown like Alex Rodriguez can make $179M over 10 years and firefighters, soldiers, and teachers barely make enough money to put food on their table. I suppose that could be a whole 'nother thread and it can be argued that nobody is paying $120 to wear a paramedic jersey.
Outrageous salaries and payrolls for that matter, in addition to the things in their contracts, like teams they absolutely can not be traded to, 10 year
deals...it's all out of hand and I am sure it's a reason many people do not care about baseball anymore. Now that I am thinking about this, I wonder why the Wall Street protestors never took their rallies outside of ball parks.

I can't say anything about baseball being too expensive here in Pittsburgh.
Our Bleacher seats sell for $10.00 AND they are not bad seats! Standing room only seats (spots) are $8.00. PNC park (home of the Pirates) allows you to bring in a small soft sided cooler and unlimited unopened water.
It's nice to see families at our home games.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2012, 11:32 AM   #1112
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

ARGH.... Lincicum threw another horrible game last night! How can a 2-time, back to back, Cy Young winner be in this kind of mess? It is obviously shaking his confifence and also that of Bruce Bocce. Wouldn't be surprised if he is taken out of the starter rotation.

But SF's offense has come along! Swinging great and getting those RBI's! Posey is slugging and Crawford is too (which I hope some of the pundits eat crow for- yeah, he has made some defensive errors this season, but the kid is young!)- Huff is back playing and seems to be OK.

But, Timmmy.... Oh, Timmy!

GO GIANTS! Take miami tonight and cinch this series 2-1!
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2012, 03:28 PM   #1113
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

We have NOT had a sweep of any series since Sept. 2010. At the expense of the Cubs, who have now lost 12 in a row. The pirates had a little spark to their offense today, with 12 hits, 4 of them home runs.

It's painful watching two offensively struggeling teams play against each other. We left 10 runners on base last night (twice with bases loaded) and didn't score a run either time. The winning run occurred after the Cubs loaded the bases (again) in the bottom of the 9th, score tied 2-2 and then the pitcher hit our batter and walked in the winning run.

Few fans were laughing. We've been on the other side of this for far to long and could feel the Cubs pain.

But a win is a win and a sweep is a sweep. We play the red hot Red's tomorrow. (I errored, I thought this was a 4 game series with the Cub's)

Old 05-28-2012, 07:21 AM   #1114
Wolfsong

How Do You Identify?:
Aw man....another label?
Preferred Pronoun?:
Boys will be boys
Relationship Status:
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominique View Post
The winning run occurred after the Cubs loaded the bases (again) in the bottom of the 9th, score tied 2-2 and then the pitcher hit our batter and walked in the winning run.

Few fans were laughing. We've been on the other side of this for far to long and could feel the Cubs pain.

Don't feel sorry for them. We were laughing here too. How the hell do you load up the bases and then WALK the winning run in?
Old 05-28-2012, 08:29 AM   #1115
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,666 Times in 7,654 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Not good when even the WSJ gets on the Pirates

I like the Pirates and have high hopes they will turn out to be one of those miracle teams soon.

The WSJ article was pointing out they have the worst offense in baseball, scoring just 2.86 runs per game. But they are not hitting just worse than any team in 2012, they're hitting worse than any team in baseball history - after adjusting for league norms.

Well, hell, then there is nowhere to go but up! Keep plugging away Pirates. Got a couple of your pitchers on my fantasy team and I have faith they will do well.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2012, 08:30 AM   #1116
Ciaran

How Do You Identify?:
Altocalciphilic
Preferred Pronoun?:
Papa Smurf
Relationship Status:
Curmudgeonous spinster

Thanked 3,656 Times in 602 Posts
Ciaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST Reputation

I made my first ever visit to Dodger Stadium yesterday for the Dodgers' game versus the Astros.

Overall, a very enjoyable afternoon -fairly low key and family-friendly atmosphere in a crowd of just over 33,000. Atmosphere was much more laid-back than I imagined it would be - probably, in part, because it was a sunny Sunday afternoon but maybe also a west coast thing?

I much prefer stadia that are in the heart of a city, such as the Padres' Petco Park, but the setting of Dodgers' Stadium is beautiful with the mountain range backdrop and it's one of the best stadia I've watched baseball in too.

Some remnants of the Brooklyn Dodgers remain - references to the 1955 World Series, some imagery of Brooklyn Dodgers stars of the past including, unsurprisingly, Jackie Robinson and longer-back, Casey Stengel who was famous for playing for or managing all the New York teams (Dodgers, Giants, Yankees and Mets).

However, this Dodgers "franchise" (I hate that word) is very much Los Angeles and the vintage heros of the crowd yesterday were not of those great, and sometimes heroically comical "wait til next year" Brooklyn sides of the 1910s, 1940s and early 1950s but, rather, the great Dodger teams of the 1960s and 1980s ..... at least, that's what the retro shirts many in the crowd were wearing implied.

All-in-all, a good day out and, notwithstanding over $11 for a beer, I'd happily return.
Ciaran is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ciaran For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2012, 08:40 AM   #1117
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Quote:
Don't feel sorry for them. We were laughing here too. How the hell do you load up the bases and then WALK the winning run in?
I wouldn't say I was feeling sorry for them....I just couldn't laugh at a blunder costing them a game. The Pirates have been the basement Buc's for 20 years. Last year we had a 2 month period where we were actually contenders instead of pretenders and this city was on fire with baseball fever. This year, we've S O M E H O W been hovering at .500 and the goal is to at least win the division.

The Cubs are not awful. They field an awesome defensive. When you struggle offensively (and we certainly have) and repeatedly we were robbed of hits by your position players Campena, DeJesus, Soriano, Barney and Starlin Castro.

We also understand your problems with catchers. We used 8 last season. I wonder if thats any kind of record(?) We play the Cubs more than any team this season....(that could be good for us) but I fully expect Dale Sveum will get things worked out.

Anyhow, The Reds come to town today, and this will be an opportunity for us to see how we really compete.

Old 05-31-2012, 04:08 AM   #1118
Wolfsong

How Do You Identify?:
Aw man....another label?
Preferred Pronoun?:
Boys will be boys
Relationship Status:
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominique View Post
The Cubs are not awful.

Yes they are

Other observations about this game.......the seats are still full at the end of the game. I cannot stand it when people leave a game early. I LOVE the lone fan yelling "Let's Go Bucs!!" and trying to get others to chant with him. I love the response and enthusiam of the Pirates after winning as if that game. Nice team, nice fans.
Old 05-31-2012, 04:43 AM   #1119
Wolfsong

How Do You Identify?:
Aw man....another label?
Preferred Pronoun?:
Boys will be boys
Relationship Status:
Married

This is silly......it's only June 1st...... There is a lot of baseball left to play......why is my heart already so hopeful?
Old 05-31-2012, 05:42 PM   #1120
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Quote:

Yes they are

Other observations about this game.......the seats are still full at the end of the game. I cannot stand it when people leave a game early. I LOVE the lone fan yelling "Let's Go Bucs!!" and trying to get others to chant with him. I love the response and enthusiam of the Pirates after winning as if that game. Nice team, nice fans.

LOL! Well, I the pot won't call the kettle black. We do have good fans. Those that love or even like the Pirates.....but we have our share of haters. The only player I've ever Booed was Lyle Overbey.
___

In other news, Nate McClouth was given an unconditional release today. If he clears waivers, he's a free agent.