Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > GENDER AND IDENTITY > General Gender Discussions

Old 05-30-2010, 06:21 PM   #101
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,496 Times in 1,638 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gayla View Post
I've read this several different times. I had to really think about if I wanted to say anything. I didn't really want this to be a discussion kind of thread but, I choose not to let this just pass by.

Andrew - I appreciate your participation in this thread but I don't understand this. The words above, in bold, not only go against the spirit of the thread but they go so far beyond "qualifying and justifying" to a level that I just find offensive. Personal preference is one thing, and I probably would have just let it go, but adding the "Oh hell no" part at the end just crossed a line for me.

My point in creating this thread was to try to counteract some of the "x is ok but y isn't" crap that many of us face almost everyday. In one quick comment you've managed to do exactly that - liking X is ok... but only if they're not Y. And you did it in a way that feels really unnecessary and just plain icky to me.
I am glad you brought this up. I don't see the point of putting down people when explaining how 'you break stereotypes'.
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Queerasfck For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2010, 06:22 PM   #102
scootebaby
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
yes dear
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 6,737 Times in 1,777 Posts
scootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFemme View Post
one time? i farted and burped.
without using terms like "fluff" and "frog".
she said fluff and frog
scootebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 06:25 PM   #103
BoDy*ShOt

How Do You Identify?:
Queer. Femme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl ones

Thanked 2,096 Times in 532 Posts
BoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST Reputation

i am a jeans (or cutoff shorts) & barefoot, flipflops, or sandals and tanktop kinda girl; i am NOT a housekeeper; i like putting stuff together (i don't like putting stuff together with someone though) and working on a car; i like paying; i like opening the door for someone; i like doing yardwork (but don't like gardening); i don't like wearing heels most days (though i lust after them LOL); i'm not a fan of pink; i loathe shopping; and i rarely paint my nails

Old 05-30-2010, 06:25 PM   #104
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootebaby View Post
she said fluff and frog
what? stop laughing.
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 06:32 PM   #105
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation
Default Lovely thread

I can't cook
I like camping
I like fishing
I could never be a "stay at home" person. I will always work, health provided.
I smoke
I have been known to cuss and I certainly can get right back with ya if ya dish it out.
I don't drink often, but when I do, I can slam tequilla like no body's bees wax.
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2010, 06:34 PM   #106
scootebaby
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
yes dear
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

scootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputation

omg you all hear that frog??????
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scootebaby For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2010, 06:47 PM   #107
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

i also happen to have an amazing right hook.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2010, 06:52 PM   #108
scootebaby
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
yes dear
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFemme View Post
i also happen to have an amazing right hook.

its called breaking the stereotype,NOT breaking a jaw...dayuuuuuum lol
The Following User Says Thank You to scootebaby For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2010, 06:53 PM   #109
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Member Photo Albums

oh. oopsie.

one time i spit.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2010, 06:58 PM   #110
Daryn
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
genderqueer leaning male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/ze
Relationship Status:
open to persuasion.....

Daryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. View Post

*I tried to learn to ride a motorcycle and nearly took out my life, but those around me. However, I love motorcycles.
Ugh. I am reminded of crashing my father's brand new bike into a brick wall (flipping stiff clutch and mouthy father) the week I was learning to ride many decades ago... I like fast cars much better thanks... no bruises and less chance of dying.
Daryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 07:10 PM   #111
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I've read this several different times. I had to really think about if I wanted to say anything. I didn't really want this to be a discussion kind of thread but, I choose not to let this just pass by.

Andrew - I appreciate your participation in this thread but I don't understand this. The words above, in bold, not only go against the spirit of the thread but they go so far beyond "qualifying and justifying" to a level that I just find offensive. Personal preference is one thing, and I probably would have just let it go, but adding the "Oh hell no" part at the end just crossed a line for me.

My point in creating this thread was to try to counteract some of the "x is ok but y isn't" crap that many of us face almost everyday. In one quick comment you've managed to do exactly that - liking X is ok... but only if they're not Y. And you did it in a way that feels really unnecessary and just plain icky to me.

Thank you gayla for addressing this... I am a Daddy, a Femme Daddy, and well we kinda know that is a breaking of the stereoptype.

I am speaking for all the Femme Daddy's I know who would be offended..

It sucks when someone comes in and tries to put us down for who we are..

Just sayin
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2010, 07:11 PM   #112
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Gayla,

My apologies to you and anyone I offended. I tried to come back and erase it, but it was too late to do so.

Namaste,
Andrew

Daryn,

I was in Florida on vacation. My stepfather bought a brand new Harley. Now, he was about 6' tall and I am short 5'4". With that said, the bike was too big for me to even reach the ground with my foot. I have no clue as to how I managed not to kill myself or anyone else that day. I have some polaroids from that famous day. And the beautiful bike before I rode it. At the funeral of his ex-wife, I had so many folks come up to me and talk about that Harley, and that famous ride I took - lol.

Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2010, 07:13 PM   #113
Gayla
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Butch Top
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm not picky
Relationship Status:
She makes me dance like a fool and forget how to breathe.

Thanked 7,078 Times in 1,966 Posts
Gayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. View Post
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Blue"]
My apologies to you and anyone I offended. I tried to come back and erase it, but it was too late to do so.
My question is, why post it in the first place?
Gayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 07:16 PM   #114
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
*raises hand*

I can answer I can answer!!!!
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The Following User Says Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2010, 07:17 PM   #115
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,937 Times in 4,705 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
MODERATION:

Are you moderating this thread?

Andrew has apologized, can we go back to the spirit of the thread?

Thank you.
UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 07:20 PM   #116
Gayla
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Butch Top
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm not picky
Relationship Status:
She makes me dance like a fool and forget how to breathe.

Thanked 7,078 Times in 1,966 Posts
Gayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by UofMfan View Post
MODERATION:

Are you moderating this thread?

Andrew has apologized, can we go back to the spirit of the thread?

Thank you.
Nope. I'm not moderating.

The whole point of the thread was to break the stereotypes without justification and qualification. I'm trying to understand why it's so hard for people to just say X without adding Y. I know why it's hard for me. I would like to know why it's hard for other people.
Gayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 07:27 PM   #117
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,937 Times in 4,705 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Nope. I'm not moderating.

The whole point of the thread was to break the stereotypes without justification and qualification. I'm trying to understand why it's so hard for people to just say X without adding Y. I know why it's hard for me. I would like to know why it's hard for other people.
MODERATION:

Yes I know, you pointed that to me when I posted earlier.

What you just did had nothing to do with how you want to MANAGE your thread. That is very evident, so please don't even go there.

If you want to discuss my moderation I will be more than willing to do so via PM.

Thank you.
UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 07:36 PM   #118
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

Red face

I break a stereotype everyday I wake up..

I am a loud, opinionated, woman....

In some eyes, women are to be demure....

I am proud of breaking that stereotype every day...

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2010, 08:07 PM   #119
Massive

How Do You Identify?:
Trans man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
not looking

Thanked 2,383 Times in 765 Posts
Massive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST Reputation

I love cooking.
I love giving massages.
I love getting flowers.
I call myself a dyke, etc, but I'm proud of having tits.
I always apologise if I burp, even if I'm online and nobody can hear me.
I dye my hair, and I use bright colours ...
I will always stop and ooh and aww at a cute kitten/cat/puppy/dog etc
Old 05-31-2010, 08:12 PM   #120
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,368 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

For years i spent most of my free time hanging out with straight white guys in bars and clubs listening to altcountry bands (Steve Earle, Lucinda Williams -- that kind of thing).

My CD's are more important than my shoes or anything i wear.

i wear a few outfits all the time -- rotating. i never have a lot of clothes.

i date femmes as well as butches. i love the butch-femme dynamic. It is effing HOT, but it's not the only dynamic that gets me hot.

i usually decorate my apartments in a sort of sophomore male's dorm room aesthetic.

i pay attention to the people who interest me. i will forget even extremely cute butches' names if they don't do something memorable.

i prefer beer to any other kind of alcoholic drink.

When i have sex people who like these things, i fist, lick, bite, slap, growl, and fuck.

i ID as a lesbian before i ID as femme.

i feel a strong sense of sisterhood with feminine lesbians (not femmes) and straight women. i think of them as like me in many ways.

i'd much rather be naked in public than dressed up in formal attire. (i am naked in public occasionally -- at leather events -- so that's not hypothetical.)

i like butches with curves. (A friend reminded me about that the other day.) YUM.

i take no prisoners when i argue.

i have no crafty hobbies.

i use no emoticons or anything online that twinkles, shines, or sparkles. i will increase my font to wish someone a happy birthday.

There is nothing babygirl or daddy's girl about me. i do not have the gene.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post: