Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Careers, Work, Business

Old 03-15-2012, 03:04 PM   #101
Mr Nice Guy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Kind, sweet, loving, romantic and a rare Butch. :)
Relationship Status:
I don't drive a Uhaul. :)

Thanked 4,894 Times in 1,307 Posts
Mr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST Reputation

I'm sooo out at work that anyone standing next to me is gay too. Lol
Mr Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Mr Nice Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2012, 03:08 PM   #102
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,958 Times in 13,923 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

I've been out at every job! Being an invisible femme people
assume i'm straight.

After sending empty boxes to myself so the UPS butch can come
See me several times they figure it out.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2012, 03:29 PM   #103
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,705 Times in 7,722 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

all 21 years of my Nursing career, I was OUT! and PROUD! I have never, ever been harassed, heckled, or had any kind of hassles with my being gay. Even in public, with discreet PDA's. Even though I am retired, I am still OUT & PROUD! and still NO kind of issues anywhere I go...
Old 03-15-2012, 03:42 PM   #104
Scuba

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Flying Solo

Thanked 8,048 Times in 1,618 Posts
Scuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_dee View Post
After sending empty boxes to myself so the UPS butch can come See me several times they figure it out.
This...is priceless! **chuckling**

~~Bob Richardson~~
Scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scuba For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2012, 03:42 PM   #105
Scuba

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Flying Solo

Thanked 8,048 Times in 1,618 Posts
Scuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST Reputation

Out at work btw

~~Bob Richardson~~
Scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Scuba For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2012, 03:53 PM   #106
Okiebug61

How Do You Identify?:
Light Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Hitched to Red

Thanked 5,381 Times in 1,245 Posts
Okiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST Reputation

I have never been in or out. I know that will sound strange to some but I have always assumed that it was ok to be who I am and if people figure out I am a "lesbian" then good for them. I don't require them to let me know if they are straight therefore I have never considered it to be a requirement that I tell them I am lesbian.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Okiebug61 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2012, 04:24 PM   #107
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
BBW. Unique femininity that does not encompass the western paradigm.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:
Single, Happy, not Desparate or Looking, but Open to Possibilities...

Thanked 6,035 Times in 1,617 Posts
1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation

I’m Out and Proud at work; always have been. There aren’t many gays where I work…..there’s only two of us and he’s the Stone Mason, lol! I’ve not met with much prejudice and so many have said they would never have guessed, lol! The works annual Ball my partner has always been invited.

At work I try to maintain a high level of professionalism, especially as I deal with students, relatives, the Police, etc.

I’m Out and Proud at the Disabled Arts Studio. I’m the only Lesbian and there are three gay guys.

1QuirkyKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 1QuirkyKiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2012, 05:41 PM   #108
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba View Post
This...is priceless! **chuckling**

once our repair person was a butch, i kept *breaking* things in my office...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2012, 06:10 PM   #109
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore
Tournaments Won: 4

Thanked 11,662 Times in 2,292 Posts
thedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Red face 100%

Quote:
assume i'm straight.
I'm out everywhere, but work is a particularly important place for me. I found that if you mention things in passing ("yes, these flowers are from my partner") rather than announcing ("I'm a big homo! How does that make you feel?"), things tend to go better. One of the most conservative places I ever worked, I simply put up a picture of my partner's Navy photo, and people would ask who it was. I would tell them, and then what were they gonna do? Criticize a veteran? LOL Worked great, and everyone treated me like the Big Gay SME (Subject Matter Expert), which I don't really mind. ("Yes, I know where drag queens put their thingies. No, I cannot fix your car, but I know 5 lesbians who can. Actually, there are hundreds of ways two women can have sex....")
thedivahrrrself is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2012, 06:12 PM   #110
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore

thedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Oh, and I quoted Dee because I can totally relate. The last thing I want is a flood of bio-men hitting on the new girl! Femmes have to come out as a precautionary measure!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2012, 06:17 PM   #111
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedivahrrrself View Post
Oh, and I quoted Dee because I can totally relate. The last thing I want is a flood of bio-men hitting on the new girl! Femmes have to come out as a precautionary measure!
Yup and i went through a lot of crap at one job. My boss would whisper to the men as they came in that were nice to me *Dee's gay*... i was like will you STOP telling everyone that!

One of our foremen said to him * are you SURE she is gay???*

And of course the one who said *she hasn't met the RIGHT man yet*

at which i replied if we were the two people on earth, mankind would end with us.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2012, 06:21 PM   #112
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums
Default I know right!

I always tell them, if I had a nickel for every time I've heard that I just haven't met the right man yet, or worse, "I'm a lesbian too, trapped in a man's body", I'd be richer than Donald Trump. Guys can be SOOO original

Quote:
Yup and i went through a lot of crap at one job. My boss would whisper to the men as they came in that were nice to me *Dee's gay*... i was like will you STOP telling everyone that!

One of our foremen said to him * are you SURE she is gay???*

And of course the one who said *she hasn't met the RIGHT man yet*

at which i replied if we were the two people on earth, mankind would end with us.
The Following User Says Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2012, 06:53 PM   #113
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedivahrrrself View Post
I always tell them, if I had a nickel for every time I've heard that I just haven't met the right man yet, or worse, "I'm a lesbian too, trapped in a man's body", I'd be richer than Donald Trump. Guys can be SOOO original

i also tell them that men like them MADE me gay

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2012, 07:12 PM   #114
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums
Default LMAO @ Dee!

I tell them God made me a lesbian because I hate body hair so much. LOL

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2012, 07:41 PM   #115
deedarino

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Woman
Relationship Status:
In recovery.

Thanked 1,955 Times in 496 Posts
deedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputation

Totally out to all co-workers, not out to my clients. In order for me to be effective, I don't dare add anything that will put up defenses. Although when I do the diversity training, I spend a few (lotsa) extra minutes on gay issues

On the other hand, my co-workers are freaks. A bunch of straight women, but you wouldn't be able to tell...
Squint your eyes and look closer. I'm not between you and your ambitions. I am a poster girl with no poster. I am thirty-two flavors and then some. And I'm beyond your peripheral vision, so you might want to turn your head~Ani

I want to think again
of dangerous and noble things;
I want to be light and frolicsome;
I want to be improbable, beautiful
and afraid of nothing as if I had wings

Mary Oliver
deedarino is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deedarino For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2012, 07:44 PM   #116
TimilDeeps

How Do You Identify?:
queer fucker
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mine
Relationship Status:
I'm dating myself. It's really working out. I think I'm the one!!!

Thanked 1,471 Times in 445 Posts
TimilDeeps Has the BEST ReputationTimilDeeps Has the BEST ReputationTimilDeeps Has the BEST ReputationTimilDeeps Has the BEST ReputationTimilDeeps Has the BEST ReputationTimilDeeps Has the BEST ReputationTimilDeeps Has the BEST ReputationTimilDeeps Has the BEST ReputationTimilDeeps Has the BEST ReputationTimilDeeps Has the BEST ReputationTimilDeeps Has the BEST Reputation

I am so out at work; I'm in.
TimilDeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TimilDeeps For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2012, 04:20 AM   #117
aishah

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme shark baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

Thanked 6,437 Times in 1,288 Posts
aishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputation

yes and no. i'm very out in my non-profit work. i don't hide the fact that i'm queer when i do sex work but since most of my customer base is straight men, i don't exactly trumpet it, either.
aishah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2012, 04:42 AM   #118
spritzerJ
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Queer (gender), female (biological marker)
Preferred Pronoun?:
she will work as a default.
Relationship Status:
*engaged to jac* until 8/10/14

Thanked 15,802 Times in 2,905 Posts
spritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST Reputation

I am out at work. To coworkers, bosses and such. Not to the parents of students I work with or the students. They are really unconcerned with my life. Heck most of the kids think I live at school It is a small town but so far so good.
spritzerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spritzerJ For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2012, 10:27 AM   #119
ArkansasPiscesGrrl

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
feeling pretty darned blissful right now!

Thanked 3,080 Times in 741 Posts
ArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
assume i'm straight.

After sending empty boxes to myself so the UPS butch can come
See me several times they figure it out.
I came out at a late age, at 49. Being one of those "invisible femmes", I wanted EVERYONE to know, and it was almost like "Hi, my name is Ann and I am gay!" (OK, not really THAT bad, but pretty close! LOL)

Then that settled down a lot, but I was still determined to stay out in everything I did. I didn't advertise it (other than all the pride bumper stickers I had on my car in their parking lots), but I didn't hide anything either. I really didn't get hassled at all. My last company I worked for in FL before moving here and opening my own business, they all knew from right away, about my sexual orientation, about my being in recovery, etc. It actually helped me many times, since I worked in the behavioral health field.

I also got to be the "token expert" on all things gay. And yeah, I have had female co-workers (straight) try to hit on me. I have heard on many an occasion that I just don't LOOK gay at all!
ArkansasPiscesGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ArkansasPiscesGrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2012, 01:24 AM   #120
Princess

How Do You Identify?:
princess
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her.
Relationship Status:
One singular sensation!

Thanked 4,581 Times in 1,009 Posts
Princess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST Reputation

I am out at work, although I wasn't for the first 2 years that I worked there. You just never know with people in kansas...well people anywhere really. I got tired of hiding it though and just kinda jumped out. Turned out everyone was really accepting and now the guys at work constantly crack jokes with me, I love it.
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Princess For This Useful Post: