Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > FUN > The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat

Notices

Old 04-06-2012, 03:41 PM   #1241
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,368 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Just finished The Spellman's Strike Again by Lisa Lutz. Better than the last one. The one after this -- it's a series -- i heard was a big let down, so i hesitate to invest.

It's about a neurotic family of Private Investigators, and it's set in San Francisco.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2012, 05:34 PM   #1242
Softly

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Softly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST Reputation

I actually picked this book up today while I was at the mall. My friend told me, with a giggle, that I should read it. I read the reviews before purchasing, so I am not overly excited about reading it. I read that the writing is horrible. I am more curious about the BUZZ all around it.

I'll let you know my thoughts in a couple days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
Has anyone read this trilogy? If so and you thought it was great please thank me or rep me to tell me why. So much buzz about it.

50 Shades of Grey

Amazon.com: Fifty Shades of Grey: Book One of the Fifty Shades Trilogy (9780345803481): E L James: Books

thanks
Softly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Softly For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2012, 05:57 AM   #1243
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softly View Post
I actually picked this book up today while I was at the mall. My friend told me, with a giggle, that I should read it. I read the reviews before purchasing, so I am not overly excited about reading it. I read that the writing is horrible. I am more curious about the BUZZ all around it.

I'll let you know my thoughts in a couple days!
exactly and thank you. I don't mind investing some of my free time to escape into fiction but I'd be pissed if I spent a few hours and money into trash. Some of these high buzz novels can be like that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2012, 06:34 PM   #1244
Julien

How Do You Identify?:
TG/GenderQueer
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm flexible, but only up to a point.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,701 Times in 737 Posts
Julien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST Reputation

I just finished J.R.Ward's new book, Lover Reborn. Yes I like those vampire books. Escapist fantasy. I don't know what I'll pick up next. I've also been reading S.M. Stirling's The Change series. This one is a very good read. Enjoy everyone.

“Self-plagiarism is style.” Alfred Hitchcock

Formerly known as Graphiteta2s
Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Julien For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2012, 06:51 PM   #1245
Metro

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,915 Times in 733 Posts
Metro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST Reputation

The Warmth of Other Suns: The Epic Story of America's Great Migration
by Isabel Wilkerson

ISBN-10: 0679763880
Metro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Metro For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2012, 05:53 PM   #1246
tonaderspeisung

How Do You Identify?:
asleep at the synthesizer
Preferred Pronoun?:
crown prince of dirty disco

Thanked 1,790 Times in 856 Posts
tonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputation

just finished this one
maybe it was the really bad boston accent going on in my head as i read
but i had a hard time getting through this one
tonaderspeisung is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tonaderspeisung For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2012, 07:17 PM   #1247
SoulShineFemme

How Do You Identify?:
All girl. All the time.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
Married to my beloved ONLY

2 Highscores

Thanked 1,363 Times in 455 Posts
SoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST Reputation

A Discovery Of Witches by Deborah Harkness
SoulShineFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SoulShineFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2012, 08:45 PM   #1248
trixie

How Do You Identify?:
independent spinster lady
Preferred Pronoun?:
she-ra, princess of power
Relationship Status:
one is the magic number

trixie Has the BEST Reputationtrixie Has the BEST Reputationtrixie Has the BEST Reputationtrixie Has the BEST Reputationtrixie Has the BEST Reputationtrixie Has the BEST Reputationtrixie Has the BEST Reputationtrixie Has the BEST Reputationtrixie Has the BEST Reputationtrixie Has the BEST Reputationtrixie Has the BEST Reputation

"The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini

"The Crucible" by Arthur Miller

"Cross" by James Patterson

and a ton of work papers
trixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to trixie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2012, 09:38 PM   #1249
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,543 Times in 4,141 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

"Republic lost" by Lawrence Lessig
Old 04-09-2012, 03:15 PM   #1250
femmedyke

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her

femmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputation

Halfway through "Under The Never Sky" by Veronica Rossi and loving it! (thanks for the recommendation!)

I like reading a lot, but am immensely into this dystopic/sci-fi fiction right now. Any other recommendations? I've read AngelFall by Susan Ee and Divergent, both excitingly different and excellent. Please, recommend away!
Old 04-10-2012, 05:39 PM   #1251
tonaderspeisung

How Do You Identify?:
asleep at the synthesizer
Preferred Pronoun?:
crown prince of dirty disco

Thanked 1,790 Times in 856 Posts
tonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria View Post
My Stroke Of Insight, by Jill Bolte Taylor, Ph.D.

A neuroscientist's personal journey through her own stroke.

Fascinating stuff.
this sounded really interesting so i borrowed it yesterday
at first i was incredulous that someone (a brain scientist none the less) suffering a stroke and losing "pathways" to so many things would retain this experience with so much detail but the book won me over
i couldn't put it down
very information packed and still accessible reading
plus fascinating is right

thanks for sharing this find

i now have a completely different outlook on the childhood times i shared with my stroke affected grandma
tonaderspeisung is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tonaderspeisung For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2012, 12:46 PM   #1252
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 10,230 Times in 3,305 Posts
Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow Just started...

"The Lonely Doll"
by Dare Wright
Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Talon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2012, 10:02 PM   #1253
Softly

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Softly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST Reputation
Default 50 shades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
exactly and thank you. I don't mind investing some of my free time to escape into fiction but I'd be pissed if I spent a few hours and money into trash. Some of these high buzz novels can be like that.
the writing was horrible!

but

I am actually looking forward to reading the 2nd book lol!
it comes out in a couple days (paperback)

it kept me interested
Softly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Softly For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2012, 10:05 PM   #1254
Breezy

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 4,555 Times in 1,199 Posts
Breezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST Reputation

Tao Te Ching

Lao Tzu
Breezy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Breezy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2012, 04:42 PM   #1255
aishah

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme shark baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

Thanked 6,438 Times in 1,288 Posts
aishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputation

wow, i just realized it's been awhile since i've posted in here my reading has slowed down a bit the last few weeks...

lately i've still been working through 'sex & disability'...
started reading 'health at every size'
and i'm halfway through 'the time traveler's wife' (borrowed it from my sis yesterday - i read half of it in the dr's office, that visit took like 5 hours yesterday, but it feels a bit like it's dragging to me so i don't know how long it'll take me to finish)
i've also been rereading 'the good and beautiful life' off and on for the third or fourth time.
aishah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2012, 11:49 AM   #1256
aishah

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme shark baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

Thanked 6,438 Times in 1,288 Posts
aishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputation

okay, i made it halfway through the time traveler's wife on friday and i can't finish it. it's boring me to death. i don't understand why people love this book so much. i want to finish because maybe something magical happens in the second half (and my conscience will nag me if i stop) but...i just can't get into it. the writing is really pretty but that's not enough to sustain 500+ pages.
aishah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2012, 04:10 PM   #1257
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

mindless murder mystery dribble....

JD Robb (nora roberts) Eve Dallas novels

and

I forget the author....uhhh...Robert Lundlam I think.....Jack Reacher novels

also a Larry McMurtry (?) billy the kid novel

I'm so bad with names of books.....sometimes I never actually know the title of these mindless dribble books I read............
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2012, 04:36 PM   #1258
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,937 Times in 4,705 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

I'm obviously feeling like an overachiever:

A Game of Thrones

A Clash of Kings

A Storm of Swords

A Feast for Crows

A Dance with Dragons
UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to UofMfan For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2012, 04:38 PM   #1259
genghisfawn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme/Gentlewoman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Happily married 05/17/14

Thanked 2,157 Times in 403 Posts
genghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputation

Snow Crash - Neal Stephenson
genghisfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to genghisfawn For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2012, 04:39 PM   #1260
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Ten-Thousand-Saints-A-Novel/dp/0062021028"]Ten Thousand Saints[/ame]
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:

Tags
books, reading