Old 10-17-2015, 12:35 PM   #12661
Barb42

How Do You Identify?:
Soft butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatever..
Relationship Status:
SINGLE

Barb42 Has the BEST ReputationBarb42 Has the BEST ReputationBarb42 Has the BEST ReputationBarb42 Has the BEST ReputationBarb42 Has the BEST ReputationBarb42 Has the BEST ReputationBarb42 Has the BEST ReputationBarb42 Has the BEST ReputationBarb42 Has the BEST ReputationBarb42 Has the BEST ReputationBarb42 Has the BEST Reputation

I hate the fact I cant get her off my mind... From morning to might shes all I think about..
Old 10-19-2015, 12:28 PM   #12662
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,186 Times in 8,631 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

The iPad Pro.

I think I'm gonna get the iPad Air 2 because 1) I can buy an iMac desktop for the price of the iPad Pro (with accessories) , and 2) I can open iPad Pro Adobe Photoshop Fix files on my desktop, but cannot open my Adobe Photoshop Creative Suite on the iPad Pro.

I'm almost certain I'll get the iPad Air 2 because the iPad Pro isn't giving me what I want for the bucks.

That, work, and lunch is on my mind.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2015, 09:26 AM   #12663
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Thanked 13,995 Times in 3,685 Posts
JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

I have been really upset for the last day or so. I didn't really put together why until this morning. I woke up and there were two things on my mind. The one thing that is always on my mind when I wake these days... and an article I read from the New York Times yesterday.

It seems that some people continue to move backwards even as the world moves forwards. The Mormon church has set new guidelines on how to deal with "the gays" and now they are going against their OWN teachings to do it. Its no longer enough to shun our community, to spend large amounts of money to try and rid us of our rights, or to excommunicate their own members just for supporting us. NOW, they have to attack our children.

New LDS standards state that all same sex couples are to be excommunicated from the church AND that their children MAY NOT JOIN the church until they are 18 years old, and then only if they no longer live with their same sex parents. SO... let me get this right... shall I quote the scriptures that are in opposition to this? (maybe just one)

Deuteronomy 24:16 - The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.

BUT... don't even get me started on what this does for LGBT people who were born into the church, who have tried for so long to live as they were taught. How do you come out as a mother when you are told that if you do not only will YOU be punished, but your CHILDREN will suffer? You don't. This is going to take us back DECADES. A lesbian mom who is just now realizing after 5 or 10 years of marriage who she is will not leave. She will not embrace who she is. She will stay in that unhealthy marriage. She will lie to her husband and her family. She may even have an affair. This will lead to depression, self loathing, and even suicide.

This is not a solution, it doesn't help anyone. Not the church, and certainly not the LGBT population that they have already admitted don't have a choice about who they are. I am so angry, so disturbed, and so sad. This outdated view of love and family is outrageous. They do not punish the children of unwed mothers, or drug abusers, or even divorcees. All of whom, by their own admission, have more choice in their sins then I do.... BUT, my daughter... will not be allowed to go to church with her grandmother... as she has for years... because I love differently then them.
Old 11-09-2015, 11:24 AM   #12664
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
witchy
Preferred Pronoun?:
b. grrl
Relationship Status:
xoxo

Thanked 21,416 Times in 6,753 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

"Never try to fuck up someone's life with a lie, when your own can be destroyed with the truth" (by some wise old soul)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2015, 01:21 PM   #12665
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,666 Times in 7,654 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

On my mind today is how people are freaking out about Donald Trump's comments on databases for Muslims. It is being called unAmerican, a breach of our values, ethics and what we stand for, and profiling.

Apparently the Patriot Act has become so much a part of us, that we dont even recognize when its tenets are being used to condition us to feel one way or another, depending on who wants us to feel this way or that way.

The gist of the Patriot Act was just to formalize and extend "intelligence" stuff under the guise of "national security". Prior to this, we still did it but we didnt talk about it.

It is the digital age. Everything is in a database. Our financial records are scrutinized to make sure we arent doing anything illegal like laundering money for this or that. We cant buy sudafed without it being entered into a database to make sure we arent making crack. Our use of electricity is monitored in case we are using too much cuz we are growing marijuana in our basement. Our purchase of fertilizer is monitored in case we have some evil bomb intent. Our library activity is being monitored in case we are taking out "materials deemed to be of concern". Pick up narcotics at the pharmacy and they scan your license so it goes into a narcotics watch database. I'm sure there is even a database now for flying schools to make sure all student pilots are intent on actually landing the plane.

We have databases for everything. Travel, shopping histories, religious and political affiliations, cell phone use and content, social media content, computer content, search engine topics, GPS tracking...name it and there is a database for it. And, the info gathered is used to make even more databases depending on what the government decides it needs to keep track of and why.

We take the data. We manipulate it. We analyze it. We crunch numbers and make projections (or assumptions and presumptions) and policy emerges. All under the guise of "national security".

How did we make and maintain a no fly list? How does the FBI decide who makes their terrorist watch list? How did we identify the Boston marathon "persons of interest" just from video footage? How did the French know to extend their search for bombing suspects to Belgium? How do we know whether to raise or lower the terror threat colors?

Databases. For everything. Checked. Cross referenced.

Trump didnt invent this. Been going on long before 9/11 too.

Today, Diane Feinstein discussed legislation to strengthen the visa waiver program and prohibit those on terror watchlists from buying firearms or explosives. This is weird. We are concerned about national security but people on the terror watchlists can still buy firearms and explosives? But TSA freaks out about a normal sized bottle of shampoo? There is a disconnect here.

If databases are so unAmerican, a breach of our values and ethics, and profiling, why does the government make them in the first place? If this is all true, then why do citizens embrace the tactics in one situation and denounce them in another? Either they are problematic or they arent. What does it mean when we resort to context in order to decide if something is valid or legitimate? Who determines which context is ok and which isnt and on what basis is THAT decided? How do we know when we are reacting or overreacting to the messenger rather than the message?

Sometimes, it is a relief to be on the downside of life. The days of dealing with nonsense and bullshit is limited.
Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2015, 01:29 PM   #12666
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Finding out that I have been taking a certain medication the wrong way, for years. Now i know why i don't sleep at night.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 02:06 PM   #12667
Nattih

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Nattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST Reputation

Trying to figure out how to survive my moms last minute visit. I feel my blood pressure going up already.
Nattih is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nattih For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2015, 03:45 PM   #12668
puddin'
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
a genderqueer nuisance
Preferred Pronoun?:
bitchboi

Thanked 7,972 Times in 2,344 Posts
puddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Cool

netlix's "rush", season 4, episode 7. heartwrenchin'...
Old 11-26-2015, 06:39 PM   #12669
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,679 Times in 10,257 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

who else has forgotten to time the broiler so the marshmallows don't burn. Oh my gawd, they were flaming! Lucky, the burn crispy part came right off..lol

Well, that's my story I get to tell now..lol

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2016, 12:55 AM   #12670
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,679 Times in 10,257 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Thinking about our generation..

Most of us on here started with the beginning of social media. How we had screen names. We surfed the web. Engaged in chat rooms. Opened up our lives, our hearts. Some even lied and conned. We formed relationships. Healthy or not, we participated. Some met and had real life interactions. Many found love, friendships and others found bad experiences. It seems to have been a huge part of our lives.

Unfortunately, we are now faced with the loss of these relationships. We might have never met in real life. Perhaps it was relationships via emails, texts, or an occasional post and comments. The loss is still as painful as if we actually had real time.

It's interesting how we are now entering the next " life zone" of our social media generation.

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2016, 07:26 AM   #12671
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,442 Times in 6,888 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

So much stuff...

My boss has been on my nerves a lot lately...and now I've started with this new place that is super sweet to me but pays less....I'd take the pay cut for some peace of mind...believe it.

I need jeans...mine are worn out in different ways....but I hate hate HATE jean shopping. It sucks to be short...

I've been thinking about getting a roommate for a while since my kid can't stay still. Then I start thinking about why my kid can't stay still

I wonder why I can fall asleep but not stay asleep most nights...even with melatonin.

School. And my lack there of. Is always on mind.

My family back home. Lots of not good stuff is happening. Nothing that would alter or improve if I returned...but it makes me feel bad none the less...

My new home care client. She is end of life, but impossible not to love. I had my shift cancelled the other night because she was ill and needed familiar staff. It worried me that I would have been there and not known what she needed...

Some people come into your life for a reason...and they leave for no reason at all. I guess its all about making the best of time.

My tired brain thinks more than my rested one...
Old 01-22-2016, 11:26 AM   #12672
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,907 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

A lot of stuff going on in my brain these days...... My spouse and her declining health, my toxic job that I hate but need to pay our mortgage, family issues, the idea of bringing in a live-in caregiver to help me, learning how to relax and laugh again( I somehow forgot how to do this), etc etc.
Old 01-22-2016, 03:00 PM   #12673
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,705 Times in 7,722 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

My amazing journey......I am seeing some really great changes...and more to follow....I've got this! Yes, I do!!!
Old 01-22-2016, 10:29 PM   #12674
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

How much this damn tooth and gum pain hurts. I am thinking about having him pull it anyways and then get a fake one put in. I however am following directions on taking antibiotics and the mouth rinse.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2016, 11:37 PM   #12675
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
witchy
Preferred Pronoun?:
b. grrl
Relationship Status:
xoxo

kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2016, 03:16 AM   #12676
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

That it is too damn hot to sleep in this house!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2016, 08:51 AM   #12677
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,705 Times in 7,722 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

contemplating my journey....345/315....

Appreciative of all the wonderful support & kind words and the encouragement for this journey, from my honey, from friends, and friends here...

I.Got.This!!!
Old 01-23-2016, 11:40 AM   #12678
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Thanked 13,995 Times in 3,685 Posts
JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

I have a lot of things I want to do in my house. I have been living here for a year and I have done a few of them, including tearing out part of a wall. So much more to do still. Making this place more and more a reflection of who I am... one little bit at a time.
Old 01-23-2016, 11:49 AM   #12679
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,765 Times in 25,661 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I'm having flashbacks of last year's snowdemic. Hopefully, this will be our one and only storm for the winter. El Nino is helping but I might have to pull a fairy godmother wish out of my pocket too.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2016, 12:58 PM   #12680
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
witchy
Preferred Pronoun?:
b. grrl
Relationship Status:
xoxo

Chivalry and kindness are always welcomed and admired..It's so rare that I tend to worship (them) when i'm in their presence, just sayin
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post: