Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 01-25-2011, 09:16 PM   #121
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvie View Post

i can imagine it was hard work!
i started my healthy weight journey not long ago, and already feel a sense of accomplishment, just with the little steps ive taken - and it's not even being completely serious with myself about it yet.. i don't feel healthy, or i didn't... but now, i feel SO much better already and still a long ways to go..

the difference in energy really blows me away, as does the difference in attitude, the way i look at myself, and the way i am so much more at peace with the people and the situations in my life.. my stress level has lowered, my ability to deal with things and my perspective on everything has changed immensely..

all this with the small changes i've made, so i can imagine how you must feel after such an accomplishment.. so this passed week i've been putting all my ducks in a row, meaning getting myself on some sort of even flow, the healthy eating, the exercise, the changes in lifestyle i am making.. i need to work it all in together and not be doing just this or that.. then, i'll see results..

so these last couple of days off, ive been doing exactly that.. i want a success like yours.. =)
Apart from quitting smoking, this is the hardest thing I have done. But it can be accomplished.

I will tell you that it took a long time for me to stop seeing the old Miss Scarlett in the mirror. 99% of the time I don't see her. But occasionally I don't recognize myself because I expect to see the old me. The new battle is to stop thinking like her and I am winning that battle too. My doctor warned me about this when we started on this journey.
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2011, 09:19 PM   #122
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
just curious.. i know salad dressings aren't good, but what do ya's use to give flavor to a salad ? lemon juice ? something else?

salad dressing is a downfall i've mine i need to cut out, i cant use a very lil with a salad because i cant seem to stretch it for the whole salad lol!

so was looking for ideas =)
I try to eat a lot of salad, and despise lo-cal dressing (except for a very few).

One trick a nutritionist friend taught me is to order your dressing on the side.

Then, don't pour it on your salad, or even dunk your bite of salad in it. Instead, dip your fork in the dressing, then pick up your bite of salad.

Somehow, doing it that way makes the dressing the last thing to leave the fork, and deposits it right on your taste buds.

It seems like you have plenty of dressing on your salad, but you'll find that you only actually eat a teaspoon full or so.

Every once in awhile, I forget...but when I do it this way I'm always pleasantly surprised at how little dressing I can use and still enjoy the salad.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:22 PM   #123
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
I try to eat a lot of salad, and despise lo-cal dressing (except for a very few).

One trick a nutritionist friend taught me is to order your dressing on the side.

Then, don't pour it on your salad, or even dunk your bite of salad in it. Instead, dip your fork in the dressing, then pick up your bite of salad.

Somehow, doing it that way makes the dressing the last thing to leave the fork, and deposits it right on your taste buds.

It seems like you have plenty of dressing on your salad, but you'll find that you only actually eat a teaspoon full or so.

Every once in awhile, I forget...but when I do it this way I'm always pleasantly surprised at how little dressing I can use and still enjoy the salad.
Great idea Jo! Thanks for sharing this. If your salad is in a bowl that has a secure lid you can measure out a TBSP, snap on the lid and shake it up. It works but can be messy...especially if the lid isn't secure.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2011, 09:25 PM   #124
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Scarlett View Post
Apart from quitting smoking, this is the hardest thing I have done. But it can be accomplished.

I will tell you that it took a long time for me to stop seeing the old Miss Scarlett in the mirror. 99% of the time I don't see her. But occasionally I don't recognize myself because I expect to see the old me. The new battle is to stop thinking like her and I am winning that battle too. My doctor warned me about this when we started on this journey.
i can relate..
i still cant look at myself in the mirror..
let me rephrase, hmm.. i look at parts of myself in the mirror, but never really LOOK at myself in the mirror.. does that make sense? i hope so lol..
over a 2 year period i little over 80 lbs.. i gained about 15 lbs back. after losing that weight though, i still seen the old sylvie too.. heck i still do..

my biggest battle in all of this is overcoming an eating disorder.. although i am doing very well, the urge to binge & purge comes easily when i stress a lot.. so between the weight i want to lose, and the guilt over the binging ive done over the years, it makes for a very disappointed syl.. looking in the mirror is accepting that reality, it's hard..

i'm so glad you are winning that battle, i 'need' to win that battle as well.. i've a ways to go yet, but i'm taking the steps to ensure i do this the healthy way, maintain it, surrounding myself with tons of positive support and i'm not looking back thanks to people like you! =)

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2011, 09:27 PM   #125
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

Ohhh great ideas on the salad dressing girls, TY !!!
it's really funny to me how we can find ways to trick our mind like that LOL..
& those ideas i bet will work, i will do exactly that.. i always do go for as low fat as i possibly can..

i've been considering making my own dressings too..
i should do a recipe search, i did a search the other night for homemade salsa, which looks yum and i cant wait to try!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2011, 10:00 PM   #126
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,777 Times in 25,666 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
just curious.. i know salad dressings aren't good, but what do ya's use to give flavor to a salad ? lemon juice ? something else?

salad dressing is a downfall i've mine i need to cut out, i cant use a very lil with a salad because i cant seem to stretch it for the whole salad lol!

102 Healthy Salad Dressings

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2011, 10:02 PM   #127
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
*does the Gemme rawks dance*
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
thank youuuu ♥

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2011, 10:04 PM   #128
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,777 Times in 25,666 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
*does the Gemme rawks dance*
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
thank youuuu ♥

No one wants the same thing over and over and, if you find a few you really like, you can adapt them as you see fit.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2011, 10:04 PM   #129
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Quote:
over a 2 year period i little over 80 lbs.. i gained about 15 lbs back. after losing that weight though, i still seen the old sylvie too.. heck i still do..

that was supposed to read, i LOST over 80 lbs.. i'm tired, i should be in bed right now LOL that's my story and i'm stickin' to it!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2011, 11:02 PM   #130
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Thanked 15,246 Times in 3,064 Posts
Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation

I love to eat naked salads. It is amazing how good they taste without the dressing.

Andrea

What we think about and thank about, we bring about!

Today I will treat my body with love and respect.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2011, 03:18 AM   #131
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,744 Times in 5,090 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I like to mix a little yummy dressing with apple cider vinegar (very good for ya) or some other type of vinegar (like balsamic) or even one of the not as good low cal/no cal dressings.

Quote:

nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2011, 03:20 AM   #132
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,744 Times in 5,090 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Sylvie, that's impressive that you lost 80 lbs in two years. How did you do it? I ask because I love to consider and attempt to incorporate some of other people's successful strategies towards health and well-being into my own bag o'tricks . Thank you in advance, Jennifer
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2011, 05:28 AM   #133
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfembbw View Post
Sylvie, that's impressive that you lost 80 lbs in two years. How did you do it? I ask because I love to consider and attempt to incorporate some of other people's successful strategies towards health and well-being into my own bag o'tricks . Thank you in advance, Jennifer
*takes a deep breath* lol!!!
i was happy for the weight loss, but - it wasn't a good way.. this was some years ago, and my doctor found me out and stopped me.. i had a lot of stress in my life, and was in a very dark spot .. i'm also an emotional eater, which didn't help.. i dealt with the stress by binging & purging... sometimes just binging, and often just purging... not proud of that fact and caused me more problems than anything.. it's been what feels like a long road to overcome that... i worked myself to just binging for awhile, and then gained my 15 lbs back... almost instantly... i maintained that weight for awhile, but then the last couple of years, have gained even more of that weight back and that is because of my lack of eating healthy, my occasional break down and binge nights and of course, my emotional eating, diet soda habit i picked up and no exercise.. also, my mind was so messed up, i had days of binging, that i would beat myself up and have days of no eating at all, as a punishment to myself..

that's why it's so crucial now that i do this the right way.. i do well with not binging, purging and have really pushed passed that 'stinkin thinkin' pattern i had... i really excel on days that i'm eating healthy and days i'm exercising... i want to lose that weight all over again, but the proper way so that way i get it off and keep it off, by maintaining a healthy lifestyle.. it's almost like retraining my brain, (sounds strange) .. been a long journey for me to get this far, especially to even feel worthy of doing this for myself..

and it's extremely hard for me to admit this stuff, especially in a forum, lol.. but, one thing i've learned is by doing so, is keeping it real for me, helps me strive for better , i try not to be ashamed of what i was doing but to be proud of how far i've come with it.. i do admit i've had a few stressful nights over the years that i've punished myself by binging, but now, if something brings me that down - i distance it from my life as much as possible, i recognize it as something toxic for me..

wow, did i write a book or what...
i'm so sorry, once i get goin' sometimes i find it hard to stop, lol..
so sadly, that weight loss i achieved, i no longer see at all.. i've gained it all back over time, but i continually keep myself motivated to get on track and do everything possible to do this the right way, and be healthy because not only do i want to lose it and keep it off, but i want to make healthy choices because i love life, and the people in my life enough to wanna stick around.. heh...

wish i had an inspiring awesome weight loss story for you, lol.. *sad sigh* =(
now i'm going to walk away from the pc abit, because while this allows me to edit, i'm probably going to try and delete this post somehow because i get all paranoid about sharing this part of me - but its a good thing for me to put it out there like this.. for more reasons than one..

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2011, 05:50 AM   #134
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
I love to eat naked salads. It is amazing how good they taste without the dressing.

Andrea
I love to do this too! Especially if there is an amazing mix.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2011, 05:54 AM   #135
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Quote:
wish i had an inspiring awesome weight loss story for you, lol.. *sad sigh* =(
now i'm going to walk away from the pc abit, because while this allows me to edit, i'm probably going to try and delete this post somehow because i get all paranoid about sharing this part of me - but its a good thing for me to put it out there like this.. for more reasons than one..

(((((Sylvie))))) Darlin' yours is an inspiring awesome weight loss story. These stories are not about numbers; weight can be regained. You are a strong woman, something that is far more inspiring than numbers.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2011, 07:34 AM   #136
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Scarlett View Post
(((((Sylvie))))) Darlin' yours is an inspiring awesome weight loss story. These stories are not about numbers; weight can be regained. You are a strong woman, something that is far more inspiring than numbers.
ahh, *smiles*
thank you Miss Scarlett, i wish it felt like an inspiring weight loss story.. i still get caught up in the wanting to binge, especially when i get emotional so i still hand myself a lot of guilt, just for merely thinking about it.. kind of funny because i wish like heck i would be proud of myself for having the strength to push myself passed this and want better for myself.. i know deep down, i am.. it's just easier to be hard on myself for my imperfections, (low self esteem) lol.. but, this is what i am working on now, and i really am climbing that ladder again... i will feel much better about myself, i can feel the changes in me already.. small ones, but it's something..

i really appreciate your words, and tis why your story (as well as many of you here) are so inspiring to a girl like me who's beginning her journey and striving for that success.. ♥

ps, so happy i cant edit my post now, i went to work out while i was waiting *grinz*

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2011, 08:17 AM   #137
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Risky Behavior: Just Say No

Quote:
Ohhh great ideas on the salad dressing girls, TY !!!
it's really funny to me how we can find ways to trick our mind like that LOL..
& those ideas i bet will work, i will do exactly that.. i always do go for as low fat as i possibly can..

i've been considering making my own dressings too..
i should do a recipe search, i did a search the other night for homemade salsa, which looks yum and i cant wait to try!
Risky Behavior and food and being Out of the Closet. I think I must be an out of the closet eater..... I can lose 20 pounds and gain 10 back with NO problem.

I am learning a new thing about myself since writing down when and what and why I am eating. I have learned in the last month of NFL Football, and enjoying the friends, games and the folly, I can eat minimally of all the bad stuff. :Chips, Dips, candy. I can say No Thank You when the bowl is passed along with MORE>

BUT by damn it triggers me into buying chips and fat free and or sugar free chocolate pudding on the way home and lying to myself that I CAN & will control the portions...I will eat just the 14 chips (I think that's what WW book said: I loaned it to a friend who wants to do WW) Hell, I snacked on it the car on the way home, and went wow.this is crazy thinking. Like it doesn't count in the car, or while in line at the market, or standing as I unpack the groceries.

I learned it can't be in the house, the car, or at work: no matter how much I am losing and exercising, I just can't risk the old triggers and behaviors. I know when I am in my head space and pensive about life, love and what is next, I fill that space with trigger foods and CRAVE DIET COKE AND POTATO CHIPS.

I am learning that I stopped drinking, and other risky activities many years ago, I never smoked, but trying to watch the fats, the carbs, the calories, the stuff I enjoy on my taste buds for a second is a REAL risky behavior. Pre-diabetid, high cholesterol, high BP.

I realized that I cleaned and tossed out wilted veggies and fruit from the fridge to put out in today's trash, and the recycle can had empty potato chip bags and chocolate jello containers.

Today is a new day.....let's see if the new pedometer will tell the truth. and the cortizone shot in my heel I got for plantar facitis last night will help. Going swimming for 30 mins, then ... shower and off to work.

Gee , this was like making a food diary. Glad I had somewhere to to tell my sfor today...I my name is Tommi , and I struggle with food, I think today will be one day better.

Last edited by Tommi; 01-26-2011 at 08:20 AM.
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2011, 08:48 AM   #138
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Tommi, your post really hit a chord with me..
empty junk food stuff but tossing out the healthy stuff.. been there, done that and do it.. i agree, about not having it in the house, this grocery order just the other day, i bought nothing that i seriously crave (potato chips, chocolate, etc) and bought everything healthy, snacks included...
and it's quite amusing to myself, how often i go to the kitchen, look through my cupboards and fridge, and think to myself, wow, there's nothing i want.. the fridge and cupboards are full, though.. my next thought is, hmmm.. i 'could' go to the corner store.. my mind is so trained to want the damn junk food, it's like it's calling my name from the store, it's sad..
this is why i feel like i am retraining myself, or struggling to.. its what i call my 'stinkin thinkin'.. i think the fact we're recognizing these things, speaks volumes to me..that i'm willing to see this is bad for me, and the thinking pattern isn't right..because a few months ago, i would have fought for my right for the junkfood, it was a need and no one was going to tell me any different...

i figured if they couldn't see it, then it was okay.. i'm very much an at home binger, so much so ive pushed people out of my life in the past because i didn't want people to know what i was doing, or the amount of weight i was gaining.. i would even avoid people i knew if i 'had' to go out in public for anything and came across someone, lol.. i'm venturing off topic here somehow..

but i can really, really, relate to what you are saying.. the things we try to tell ourselves so that it's okay.. today 'is' a new day, everyday is.. and you just soooo helped me feel better about my post even.. thank you for telling yours too.. have a great swim, and a great day!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2011, 11:35 AM   #139
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,378 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Hey Tommi,

I thought it was interesting that you said you felt like you were writing a food log. I was wondering if you do keep one. I know you know how to do research and this tool (food log) is something I have found to be a wealth of information. I was getting all wound up in emotional responses to what was happening around my eating until I depersonalized it through tracking. I don't know if it would work this way for anyone else but I found that once I was using a food tracker and started being able to see trends develop in easy graphs and charts somehow it just became "the data is what the data is" and I could start manipulating it with my actions and not get all hooked up on emotions. I don't have eating disorders per se, but am no stranger to addictive behavior. I was just surprised at how much this one little trick allowed me to take responsibility for my actions without beating myself up about it. There are a whole slew of programs out there, one probably as good as another; I use fitday.com but as long at it tracks macronutrient proportions and whatever else you want to see I don't think it matters. They should work with any eating program you are on.

Sounds like you are doing a great job of noticing what is wrong and taking the bull by the horns. Keep up the good work.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2011, 05:28 PM   #140
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
I use fitday.com but as long at it tracks macronutrient proportions and whatever else you want to see I don't think it matters. They should work with any eating program you are on.

Sounds like you are doing a great job of noticing what is wrong and taking the bull by the horns. Keep up the good work.
Thank you Kelt!

While on a boring conference call today I went to fitday.com and set up my profile. It was super easy to do, and I was able to log in everything I ate today (as well as see if lasagna was possible for tonight without blowing my calorie count).

I particularly love that you can customize food (I added the supplements I take too), and it shows you how you're doing from a nutrient point of view. I love the "your day as a nutrition label" report. So easy to see at a glance how I'm doing.

Thank you for mentioning this resource. It's wonderful! I'm a data-driven person as well...and seeing how the numbers add up takes some of the emotion out of it for me. I also love being able to plug a food in and see the effect it'll have on the day's tally.