Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 02-27-2010, 09:10 AM   #121
Mitmo01

How Do You Identify?:
Disobedient Thing...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Rebel Soul in the blood..Heathen as well
Relationship Status:
Marked and Loved....I Belong to Her....

Thanked 1,354 Times in 579 Posts
Mitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST Reputation

Wow Cinderella good list

Judgement at Nuremburg is an awesome movie

one of my favorites

and Witness for the Prosecution was awesome as well
Mitmo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mitmo01 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2010, 10:10 AM   #122
cinderella

How Do You Identify?:
Pinky's mommy :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Su Majestad
Relationship Status:
Happy with my puppy

Thanked 1,502 Times in 637 Posts
cinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputation

Yes, they are all awesome. There's so many I can list, but I want to get an idea of which are the very favorites of folks if they had to choose.

Btw, where's your list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitmo01 View Post
Wow Cinderella good list

Judgement at Nuremburg is an awesome movie

one of my favorites

and Witness for the Prosecution was awesome as well
cinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 03:33 PM   #123
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation
Default Keeper of the Flame and All My Sons

I'm really big on stories and screenplays. Two favorites in my top 10 are Keeper of the Flame with Spencer Tracy and Kathryn Hepburn and All My Sons written by Arthur Miller with Edward G. Robinson and Burt Lancaster. Both are intense war and post-war dramas with great twists and turns in getting down to painful truths behind cover-ups. And both are worth adding to a classic DVD collection. In case some don't know, you can purchase classic DVDs from TCM, some at discounted prices.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2010, 04:13 PM   #124
cinderella

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Su Majestad
Relationship Status:
Happy with my puppy

cinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputation

I would try Amazon.com first. They're way cheaper then TCM.

So, Ol' Jet, are these two films part of the 3 you would pick as a guest programmer on TCM? Where's the 3rd choice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Jet View Post
I'm really big on stories and screenplays. Two favorites in my top 10 are Keeper of the Flame with Spencer Tracy and Kathryn Hepburn and All My Sons written by Arthur Miller with Edward G. Robinson and Burt Lancaster. Both are intense war and post-war dramas with great twists and turns in getting down to painful truths behind cover-ups. And both are worth adding to a classic DVD collection. In case some don't know, you can purchase classic DVDs from TCM, some at discounted prices.
Old 02-27-2010, 04:40 PM   #125
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderella View Post
I would try Amazon.com first. They're way cheaper then TCM.

So, Ol' Jet, are these two films part of the 3 you would pick as a guest programmer on TCM? Where's the 3rd choice?

I actually found some great prices on movies on TCM. i think it depends on the specials they run.
I don't know what I would do as a guest programmer, i have to think about that. Offhand, I guess the two I mentioned could be it with maybe Rebecca.. These would be my choices for pics that have great twists and surprise endings.
Old 02-27-2010, 05:22 PM   #126
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

eBay can also be a good place to buy movies.
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 06:45 PM   #127
cinderella

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Su Majestad
Relationship Status:
Happy with my puppy

Talking about great twists - how about The Heiress? I love, love, love that movie!!

Quote:
I actually found some great prices on movies on TCM. i think it depends on the specials they run.
I don't know what I would do as a guest programmer, i have to think about that. Offhand, I guess the two I mentioned could be it with maybe Rebecca.. These would be my choices for pics that have great twists and surprise endings.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:49 PM   #128
cinderella

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Su Majestad
Relationship Status:
Happy with my puppy

A good place to buy lots of stuff, Miss Scarlett. I have found great bargains on ebay, altho I've never thought of buying movies from them. Another great place for movies and books is Half.com - I think it's a sub of Amazon, not sure, but I've gotton many great deals from them as well.

I bought what I think might be my favorite movie of all time on Half.com - 'Brief Encounter' - $6, TCM has it for over $30!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Scarlett View Post
eBay can also be a good place to buy movies.
Old 02-27-2010, 07:00 PM   #129
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Talking about great twists - how about The Heiress? I love, love, love that movie!!
i guess, it doesn't fit the initial themes i was after
Old 02-27-2010, 07:05 PM   #130
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

another evening forrest gump.
Old 02-27-2010, 07:13 PM   #131
cinderella

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Su Majestad
Relationship Status:
Happy with my puppy

Getta heah!!! Oh nooooooooooooooo!!!

Quote:
another evening forrest gump.
Old 02-27-2010, 07:14 PM   #132
cinderella

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Su Majestad
Relationship Status:
Happy with my puppy

Not clear on what your 'theme' is - something like 'Vertigo'?

Quote:
i guess, it doesn't fit the initial themes i was after
Old 02-27-2010, 09:17 PM   #133
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Default Jet's Classic FlixMix-Radiation Fallout B Flix

Triple feature mix of size-mic proportions for an evening of B movie pleasure.

The Amazing Colossal Man, 1957
Attack of the 50 Foot Woman, 1958
The Incredible Shrinking Man, 1957

The Amazing Colossal Man
Lt. Col. Glenn Manning is inadvertently exposed to a plutonium bomb blast at Camp Desert Rock. Though burned over 90% of his body, he survives, and begins to grow in size. As he grows, his heart and circulatory system fail to keep pace with his growth, and he is gradually losing his mind as a result of reduced blood supply to his brain. He reaches 50 feet tall before his growth is stopped. By this time he has become insane. He escapes and wreaks havoc upon Las Vegas before he is finally stopped.

Attack of the 50 Foot Woman
Attack of the 50 Foot Woman tells the story of Nancy Archer, a wealthy alcoholic who cannot tame her blatantly cheating husband. Her troubles increase when she encounters an alien in the back deserts of California and no one believes her because they think she is drunk. When Nancy grows to a height of 50 ft. as a result of radiation exposure from contact with the alien, she is finally in a position when she can no longer be ignored.

The Incredible Shrinking Man
Scott Carey and his wife Louise are sunning themselves on their cabin cruiser, the small craft adrift on a calm sea. While his wife is below deck, a low mist passes over him. Scott, lying in the sun, is sprinkled with glittery particles that quickly evaporate. Later he is accidentally sprayed with an insecticide while driving and, in the next few days, he finds that he has begun to shrink. First just a few inches, so that his clothes no longer fit, then a little more. Soon he is only three feet tall, and a national curiosity. At six inches tall he can only live in a doll's house and even that becomes impossible when his cat breaks in. Scott flees to the cellar, his wife thinks he has been eaten by the cat and the door to the cellar is closed, trapping him in the littered room where, menaced by a giant spider, he struggles to survive.

See ya at the movies....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRL-HU3a0Fw"]YouTube- The Amazing Colossal Man[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2cLmbCyzhE"]YouTube- Attack of the 50 Foot Woman (1958) - Trailer[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7iqJo2-6M8"]YouTube- Incredible Shrinking Man trailer[/ame]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2010, 12:09 AM   #134
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Default Titanic in the Movies

We could talk all day about great scenes from Titanic movies.
But this one is a favorite with Barbara Stanwyck and Clifton Webb
from Titanic, 1953. The wealthy Clifton Webb has just learned that
their son, Norman, is not really his.
The dialogue is great in the scene between the two on deck.
The scene starts about 2:30 into this clip.

See ya at the movies......

Titanic Movies
Saved From The Titanic (1912)
Titanic (1943)
Titanic (1953)
A Night To Remember (1958)
S.O.S. Titanic (1979)
Raise The Titanic (1980)
Titanic (1996)
Titanic (1997)

Movies Featuring Titanic
In Nacht Und Eis (1912)
Cavalcade (1933)
The Unsinkable Molly Brown (1964)
Time Bandits (1981)
Ghostbusters 2 (1989)
No Greater Love (1996)
The Chambermaid (On The Titanic) (1997)
Ghosts Of The Abyss (2003)

Movies Inspired By Titanic
Atlantis (1913)
Atlantic (1929)
History Is Made At Night (1937)
The Last Voyage (1960)
The Poseidon Adventure (1972)
The Memory Of Eva Ryker (1980)
Goliath Awaits (1981)
Thumbtanic (2000)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06v1W6jbQwU"]YouTube- Titanic (1953) - Part 5 of 11[/ame]
Old 02-28-2010, 01:05 AM   #135
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Thanked 1,617 Times in 633 Posts
Cyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Cyclopea, thanks for correcting the spelling of Gina Rowlands name, sorry. I do that alot, lol. But it's good to see that folks are 'on their toes' about this sort of thing!! Warms my heart!!
I'm terrible at names too, but just happen to be a big fan of Gena!
Cyclopea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 01:06 AM   #136
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Thanked 1,617 Times in 633 Posts
Cyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Freakishly mesmerizing!! Reminds me of a French film - Beauty & the Beast - Whoopie Goldberg's choice as a guest programmer on TCM. I will search for a clip of the vid on YouTube. It's an enchantingly strange film with somewhat of a 'freakish' twist.
Very interesting! Thank you.
Cyclopea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 01:24 AM   #137
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Gloria Stuart is due to celebrate her 100th birthday this year.
Neat lady.

|
Old 02-28-2010, 05:49 AM   #138
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

Thanked 5,459 Times in 2,038 Posts
BestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST Reputation

One of my favorite movies and I'd date Sophia Loren any day! Be still my heart...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJf9n6TX-ns"]YouTube- Houseboat BING BANG BONG[/ame]

Try getting this song or Sophia out of your head today...ha!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2rTsvZvO1s&feature=related"]YouTube- Sophia Loren-Bing, Bang, Bong.WMV[/ame]
BestButchBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 04:16 PM   #139
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestButchBoy View Post
One of my favorite movies and I'd date Sophia Loren any day! Be still my heart...

YouTube- Houseboat BING BANG BONG

Try getting this song or Sophia out of your head today...ha!

YouTube- Sophia Loren-Bing, Bang, Bong.WMV
She won an for Two Women. Best thing she ever did IMO.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:18 PM   #140
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Default Jet's FlixMix-70s Triple Feature

Summer of '42, 1971
A Separate Peace, 1972
The Last Picture Show, 1971

All three of these are dramas set in the 1940s and 50s with intense character studies about youth, war and growing up. Great music. Two Oscars went to Last Picture Show out of 8 nominations. If you like good drama, memorable characters, great acting and sensitive romance movies with historical authenticity and style, you'll like these if you haven't seen them.

Summer of '42
Silent as a painting, the movie shows us day-dreamer Hermie and his friends Oscy and Benjie spending the summer of '42 on an US island with their parents - rather unaffected by WWII. While Oscy's main worries are the when and how of getting laid, Hermie honestly falls in love with the older Dorothy, who's married to an army pilot. When her husband returns to the front, Hermie shyly approaches her and a summer romance with the older woman ensues.

A Separate Peace
Gene and Finny are two boys who are best friends living in 1943, at the height of World War II. The idea that the boys will most likely be drafted when they turn eighteen is surrounding them, and they are practically forced to live their lives to the fullest. The two boys attend the Devon School, which prepares them for military life that they will most likely be subjected to. The film begins with a narration by an older Gene, traveling back to Devon some years later. The thing he wishes most to see is the tree, which had a great effect on the boys' lives. The movie focuses on friendship, hatred and rivalry. Based on John Knowles novel.

Video clips of A Separate Peace are not available

The Last Picture Show
In tiny Anarene, Texas, in the lull between World War Two and the Korean Conflict, Sonny and Duane are best friends. Enduring that awkward period of life between boyhood and manhood, the two pass their time the best way they know how -- with the movie house, basketball, and girls. Jacey is Duane's steady, wanted by every boy in school, and she knows it. Her daddy is rich and her mom is good looking and loose. It's the general consensus that whoever wins Jacey's heart will be set for life. But Anarene is dying a quiet death as folks head for the big cities to make their livings and raise their kids. The boys are torn between a future somewhere out there beyond the borders of town or making do with their inheritance of a run-down pool hall and a decrepit movie house -- the legacy of their friend and mentor, Sam the Lion. As high school graduation approaches, they learn some difficult lessons about love, loneliness, and jealousy. Then folks stop attending the second-run features at the movie house and the time comes for the last picture show. With the closure of the movie house, the boys feel that a stage of their lives is closing. They stand uneasily on the threshold of the rest of their lives. (The movie was adapted from the novel by Larry McMurtry).

See ya at the movies....
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vrUiCaCWLc"]YouTube- the last picture show[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSQCohESz1c"]YouTube- Summer of 42 - part 11 Final[/ame]

Last edited by Jet; 02-28-2010 at 10:44 PM.