Old 03-31-2011, 11:59 AM   #121
DamselFly

How Do You Identify?:
QueerStoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am or Damsel
Relationship Status:
single

DamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST Reputation
Unhappy good afternoon!

qingduo guan zhao! Glad to be here! for someone who got no sleep last night, i'm doing pretty well! still cold here, so that means MAYBE the long walk to the postbox. i've been feeling bad these last several days-dr. visits really take the energy out of me, plus they're playing around w/my meds! i dislike that the first thing a new dr does is change meds. i don't understand why, if things are working, they fell they've got to tinker w/it anyway. must be something learned in med school on patient relations (not good!)
that's my rant for the morning! going to get lunch now!
namaste,
DamselFly
to make my own contribution
(Buddhist prayer, a favorite of H.H.)

DamselFly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DamselFly For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2011, 09:11 PM   #122
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

you can tell the MD that you don't want to change your meds......they are working just fine (assuming they are)...you really can say no........they need need to give you a good reason for changing them....'tinkering' is bullshit...
Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2011, 10:52 PM   #123
DomnNC
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Widow

Thanked 2,582 Times in 837 Posts
DomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST Reputation

You have to be careful nowadays about refusing to follow your Dr's orders. More and more if you refuse to change meds when they dictate or do certain therapies they have the right to refuse to be your Dr, then they report you to your insurance company and they refuse to pay for meds that your Dr has recommended you come off of EVEN if they are working for you. There are reasons at times that a Dr will change your meds up, it can be that after a certain time the drug you are taking becomes toxic to you or no longer is handling whatever health situation you are taking them for depending on tests results.

My mother was given 2 different drugs for treatment of osteoperosis, she had bad reactions to both of them, Actinol and another one, can't recall the name. A new Dr wanted her to take Reclast (the once a year IV thing). She told him about the two bad reactions she had to the pill form and asked him if this drug was different, he told her it was basically an IV of the same pills. She said ok, so if I start having a bad reaction how do you get it out of my system, is there an antidote, to which he replied no, so based on her history with these type of drugs she said I'd prefer not to take it then. He looked at her and said well if you aren't going to follow my advice you need to leave my office and find another Dr. He had best be glad I didn't accompany her on that visit. So you have to be careful what you say to Dr's nowadays. He reported her to her insurance company who then refused to pay for the pill versions which was ok since she couldn't take them anyway. The insurance companies have taken over our lives little by little, while we pay ridiculous insurance rates and they have the senators and congressmen in their hip pockets with all the perks they give them.
DomnNC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DomnNC For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2011, 04:22 AM   #124
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,947 Times in 3,418 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomnNC View Post
You have to be careful nowadays about refusing to follow your Dr's orders. More and more if you refuse to change meds when they dictate or do certain therapies they have the right to refuse to be your Dr, then they report you to your insurance company and they refuse to pay for meds that your Dr has recommended you come off of EVEN if they are working for you. There are reasons at times that a Dr will change your meds up, it can be that after a certain time the drug you are taking becomes toxic to you or no longer is handling whatever health situation you are taking them for depending on tests results.

My mother was given 2 different drugs for treatment of osteoperosis, she had bad reactions to both of them, Actinol and another one, can't recall the name. A new Dr wanted her to take Reclast (the once a year IV thing). She told him about the two bad reactions she had to the pill form and asked him if this drug was different, he told her it was basically an IV of the same pills. She said ok, so if I start having a bad reaction how do you get it out of my system, is there an antidote, to which he replied no, so based on her history with these type of drugs she said I'd prefer not to take it then. He looked at her and said well if you aren't going to follow my advice you need to leave my office and find another Dr. He had best be glad I didn't accompany her on that visit. So you have to be careful what you say to Dr's nowadays. He reported her to her insurance company who then refused to pay for the pill versions which was ok since she couldn't take them anyway. The insurance companies have taken over our lives little by little, while we pay ridiculous insurance rates and they have the senators and congressmen in their hip pockets with all the perks they give them.
Sadly this is true...

If i may add...sometimes you also take a chance by using insurance to fill or reimburse for prescriptions. My doctor put me on Metformin (a diabetes med) for PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) and not diabetes. He warned me not to use my insurance because filling this with my insurance would flag me as diabetic and there would be consequences if my insurance company thought I was diabetic. So I get it filled at Target for $4 and they don't have any insurance info on me.
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2011, 04:58 AM   #125
cuddlyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,452 Times in 1,270 Posts
cuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Good Morning all you handsome Stone Butches and Femme's that adore them!
cuddlyfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cuddlyfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2011, 02:04 PM   #126
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

If a doctor treats you like an idiot, requires you to do what they say, then file a complaint with the local AMA.....there are methods for stopping abusive behavior by practioners. Call your local TV station......they usually have an investigative arm for this kind of thing.

None of the behaviors or treatment described are ethical. It will not stop until consumers of their services stand up and report them. You are not a patient....you are a consumer and you have rights and responsibilities. Stop letting them abuse you. The Obama healthcare reform should help in stopping much of this kind of behavior.

Stop taking that kind of crap. The doctor is part of a team that includes you in all decision making.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2011, 04:07 PM   #127
DomnNC
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Widow

DomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST Reputation

Dr's do not have to accept you as a patient. They can refuse to treat you. If they couldn't refuse to treat you then the homeless, those without health insurance could go to the Dr of their choice and get treatment. Try getting treatment without money or insurance.

I have no problem with my Dr, he's been my Dr for almost 30 years, we have a good relationship and he listens to me. He hates insurance companies with a passion so he talks about them quite often. Did you know that a lot of insurance companies now require a questionnaire to be sent when they bill for their services now asking questions like how involved the patient is in their care, do they follow their Dr's guidelines, take medications he recommends etcetcetc, why do you think they ask you all those questions when the nurse checks you in before the Dr comes in. If you aren't following your Dr's advice and taking the meds he recommends or other things he recommends it's the insurance companies who will stop paying for certain meds/treatment if your Dr has recommended changing them. My Dr told me this himself during one of his rants about insurance companies.

edit: granted this was before reform and my mother's issue with a damn Dr was before reform.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DomnNC For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2011, 02:18 AM   #128
DamselFly

How Do You Identify?:
QueerStoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am or Damsel
Relationship Status:
single

DamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST Reputation
Question more problems w/dr.s....

the primary care dr. i went to see when i first got here refused to refill most of the meds i was on from my previous primary care dr. so i've had to taper myself off as best i could. now, however, i'm running out of my pain meds, which are heavy-duty, and i really lack the expertise to taper myself off of these! i've left calls w/her that i need help plus am out of what she DID refill! she has not returned my calls. i could be in trouble if i went off these cold-turkey (not only extremely unpleasant withdrawal symptoms but life-threatening.) not to mention the fact that no dr. i've seen so far is offering me anything to replace what i've gone off for little things, like MS, RSD, Fibro, and migraines (which are getting worse)! i'm trying to find a new primary care dr. but i'm having a difficult time doing so. is it ethical for a dr. just to say "you shouldn't be on these" and not help you with HOW safely to stop taking the meds?
namaste,
DamselFly

Old 04-04-2011, 02:30 AM   #129
cuddlyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:
single

cuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamselFly View Post
the primary care dr. i went to see when i first got here refused to refill most of the meds i was on from my previous primary care dr. so i've had to taper myself off as best i could. now, however, i'm running out of my pain meds, which are heavy-duty, and i really lack the expertise to taper myself off of these! i've left calls w/her that i need help plus am out of what she DID refill! she has not returned my calls. i could be in trouble if i went off these cold-turkey (not only extremely unpleasant withdrawal symptoms but life-threatening.) not to mention the fact that no dr. i've seen so far is offering me anything to replace what i've gone off for little things, like MS, RSD, Fibro, and migraines (which are getting worse)! i'm trying to find a new primary care dr. but i'm having a difficult time doing so. is it ethical for a dr. just to say "you shouldn't be on these" and not help you with HOW safely to stop taking the meds?
namaste,
DamselFly
I remember there was one medicine that i had to be taken off of because it was damaging my liver big time. It was medicine for seizures and I had be carefully "weened" off the med and put back on the replacement drug. Now I have been to new primary care doctors who don't agree with the medicine the previou doctor had put me on but he/she always help me get off the med. I think that if a doctor wants you off a medicine that can have life threantening withdraw's then they should help with the withdraw. I hope this made sense since its 4am here[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
The Following User Says Thank You to cuddlyfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2011, 09:29 AM   #130
DomnNC
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Widow

Quote:
namaste,
DamselFly
Call your Dr's office and ask to speak to the Dr's nurse and go over all this with her. Most often you can get the nurse to return your call. Dr's for the most part do not return patients calls unless they've been your PCP for a long long period of time. Don't leave a message with the receptionist, chances are the Dr will never know you called.
The Following User Says Thank You to DomnNC For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2011, 12:29 PM   #131
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

once again unethical and dangerous behavior from a clinician..........please call your state medical board and file a complaint as well as ask them for assistance and guidance.....
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2011, 04:07 PM   #132
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,894 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
namaste,
DamselFly
It surprises me to think that your PCP would not give you information as to how you should taper your medication. Perhaps you should consider calling the physician who prescribed the medication? That person should be able to give you some advice and would be the one responsible for making sure you have the medications you need until you find a PCP you are comfortable with.

Also, around here pain medication is handled by pain management doctors and not PCP physicians. These doctors specialize in making sure folks are not in pain, yet don't fall into addiction (which can happen to the best intentioned individual).

I sorry you are having a hard time. I can see how it would be frustrating. Good luck.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2011, 07:16 PM   #133
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomnNC View Post
Call your Dr's office and ask to speak to the Dr's nurse and go over all this with her. Most often you can get the nurse to return your call. Dr's for the most part do not return patients calls unless they've been your PCP for a long long period of time. Don't leave a message with the receptionist, chances are the Dr will never know you called.
This is excellent advice...especially about not leaving a message with the receptionist...i had a similar experience many years ago but with an endodontist...was having a lot of trouble following some root canals...every time i called the receptionist said the same thing..."Continue your warm water swishes..." Ended up just driving down to the office and demanding to see the dentist...that and the fact that my jaw looked like i had a softball in it finally got results.

What i'm trying to say is that you have to take some proactive steps - this isn't some favour they are doing for you. You are paying for this and by accepting you as a patient they have a duty and obligation to treat you and do so responsibly. i hate to suggest you change doctors again but you may have to do that. Have you tried contacting your former physician to ask for some help? It's worth a try.

Your profile says you are in Oklahoma. Here's the link to the Oklahoma Board of Medical Licensure and Supervision Complaint Procedures
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2011, 07:02 AM   #134
cuddlyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:
single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Scarlett View Post
This is excellent advice...especially about not leaving a message with the receptionist...i had a similar experience many years ago but with an endodontist...was having a lot of trouble following some root canals...every time i called the receptionist said the same thing..."Continue your warm water swishes..." Ended up just driving down to the office and demanding to see the dentist...that and the fact that my jaw looked like i had a softball in it finally got results.

What i'm trying to say is that you have to take some proactive steps - this isn't some favour they are doing for you. You are paying for this and by accepting you as a patient they have a duty and obligation to treat you and do so responsibly. i hate to suggest you change doctors again but you may have to do that. Have you tried contacting your former physician to ask for some help? It's worth a try.

Your profile says you are in Oklahoma. Here's the link to the Oklahoma Board of Medical Licensure and Supervision Complaint Procedures
I totally agree with not leaving a message with the receptionist. Its been my experience that the doctor (or nurse) never gets it. Luckily at my doctor's office there's a code you can push to talk directly to the nurse. I've also learned in my search for a doctor (have looked for alot of doctors in my time) is to make sure the doctor is Board Certified. I'm not sure why that is but its something many doctors and nurses have told me. Good luck!
Old 04-08-2011, 07:52 AM   #135
cuddlyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:
single

Gooood Morning all you handsome Stone Butches and those who love you all for who you are!!!
Old 04-08-2011, 08:03 AM   #136
DamselFly

How Do You Identify?:
QueerStoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am or Damsel
Relationship Status:
single

Unhappy bad news from eye dr

my glaucoma specialist, very kind and at the best eye clinic in OK (affiliated w/OU's medical complex), says that in one month, i have lost another 5% of my optic nerve in my R eye. he doesn't know why my vision is deteriorating so quickly but says that all i can do is use medication to hold on to what little remains of my vision in both eyes. since i have so little of the optic nerve left in either eye, surgery is not recommended. truth be told, i am now not so slowly going totally blind. that's the reason i am not online so much anymore-i have to rest my eyes after a session. i am learning braille, trying to determine where would be the best place to live (for very low-income person on SSD with impaired vision), and "seeing" into the possibility of getting a service dog. having made peace w/being alone for the second half of my life will now stand me in good stead, i will make a great friend to A/anyone but no longer anticipate any relationships in the future, though am still open to the possibility,
namaste,
damselfly

Old 04-09-2011, 07:25 PM   #137
Dutch Leonard

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch

Tournaments Won: 7

Dutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernboi63 View Post
I have to agreee with you DomnNC. I define myself as Stone but as I have read I find myself as being confussed. For myself, when I am with that special woman, When we are tgether in the bedroom, I get off by getting her off by me penertrating her. I like being touched but not penertation at all, I feel as if I were born in the wrong body, I wear mens clothing, boxers, eveything....I pack all the time so what would you classify me if not a stoner... the only thing I see if anything would be the touching... I need help//\\
It doesn't look like you need help to me, some are so stone they allow no touching some just don't want the penetration. You are the boss of how it works. I don't think you are confused.
Dutch Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dutch Leonard For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2011, 10:01 AM   #138
DamselFly

How Do You Identify?:
QueerStoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am or Damsel
Relationship Status:
single

Smile just saying "zhaoshanghao"

dropping in to say GOOD MORNING to A/all and to thank E/everyone for T/their most helpful advice concerning my medical problems! many thanks to A/all for listening!
*with humble gratitude*
namaste,
DamselFly

The Following User Says Thank You to DamselFly For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2011, 10:37 AM   #139
asphaltcowboi

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
HAPPY

7 Highscores

Thanked 3,297 Times in 1,042 Posts
asphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernboi63 View Post
I have to agreee with you DomnNC. I define myself as Stone but as I have read I find myself as being confussed. For myself, when I am with that special woman, When we are tgether in the bedroom, I get off by getting her off by me penertrating her. I like being touched but not penertation at all, I feel as if I were born in the wrong body, I wear mens clothing, boxers, eveything....I pack all the time so what would you classify me if not a stoner... the only thing I see if anything would be the touching... I need help//\\
im stone and am very close to the same.. i dont think your confused.. i do think we all have our personal aganda sexualy. some of us (me) do not allow touch below the belt other than my butch cock. i expect to be treated as if that was what i was born with.. lol now maybe im confused? am i t/g? im confertable with the stone lable so that is what i wear. i feel male but reconize that im female. i dont want to become male. i do not want to lose touch with my female side because i believe __for me__ it is what allows me to feel the way i do with a woman..
Old 04-10-2011, 10:54 AM   #140
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody View Post
im stone and am very close to the same.. i dont think your confused.. i do think we all have our personal aganda sexualy. some of us (me) do not allow touch below the belt other than my butch cock. i expect to be treated as if that was what i was born with.. lol now maybe im confused? am i t/g? im confertable with the stone lable so that is what i wear. i feel male but reconize that im female. i dont want to become male. i do not want to lose touch with my female side because i believe __for me__ it is what allows me to feel the way i do with a woman..
cody i don't think you're at all confused...i hate the labels but we seem to have them for everything in our lives...i have t/g friends and i don't think of them as t/g...i just think of them as my friends...
The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post: