Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I know who I am... Doesn't matter
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Thanked 4,946 Times in 1,350 Posts
Strappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

ahhhhh

much better... Thank you!
Strappie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:04 PM   #122
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,792 Times in 25,669 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Gemme - The emails you are receiving are replies to a Facebook group which was created by a member here. The Facebook group features a topic that we have here and when people reply to that, it is sending a response to your inbox.
I was also added to that group.

I was doing some testing in the back end that shouldnt have caused any slowness but we might need to reboot the server.
Thanks, Medusa. I think you mean the 9words, if I'm correct? That was the one that I figured I knew what was going on.

The other is different. It makes sense that there's a connection of members here with FB members but I just haven't found it yet for that particular thread.

I'm still perplexed but I'm sure there's a connection. I just haven't found it yet.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:15 PM   #123
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Strappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Hi Linus,

I have a question regarding the small photo's we put up on here on our profile. Why is it some ppl's pictures are very clear and crisp.. while some are blurry. For me.. I've tried making the smaller and still I get nothing or when I do make them small they seem so far away so you can't see the picture...

Any Idea's for me to fix the Blurrrrrrrrrrrs??? lol
Old 02-23-2011, 11:23 PM   #124
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strappie View Post
Hi Linus,

I have a question regarding the small photo's we put up on here on our profile. Why is it some ppl's pictures are very clear and crisp.. while some are blurry. For me.. I've tried making the smaller and still I get nothing or when I do make them small they seem so far away so you can't see the picture...

Any Idea's for me to fix the Blurrrrrrrrrrrs??? lol
Blurring in the profile picture indicates that it was originally smaller and made bigger. Size isn't just L x W but also number of pixels per inch. The more pixels, the sharper the image. It makes it a larger file as well.

So the trick is to keep the pixel count high while keeping the size at an appropriate level.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2011, 11:28 PM   #125
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Blurring in the profile picture indicates that it was originally smaller and made bigger. Size isn't just L x W but also number of pixels per inch. The more pixels, the sharper the image. It makes it a larger file as well.

So the trick is to keep the pixel count high while keeping the size at an appropriate level.
well crap.. I didn't know that.. haha... THANK YOU!!!
Old 03-10-2011, 09:42 PM   #126
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Member Photo Albums

Ok I have a Question regarding the Galleries....

Is there a way I can move pictures from my gallery to an "album" in the Gallery? I added pictures to my gallery but want to move them into an "Album" I don't see any way to do this but to "delete" them and start over.... Or am I wrong?
Old 03-10-2011, 09:55 PM   #127
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strappie View Post
Ok I have a Question regarding the Galleries....

Is there a way I can move pictures from my gallery to an "album" in the Gallery? I added pictures to my gallery but want to move them into an "Album" I don't see any way to do this but to "delete" them and start over.... Or am I wrong?
Edit the picture and you should have the option to choose where you want the picture to go.

Old 04-09-2011, 05:44 PM   #128
ButchBowWow

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, she and all those in between. Makes no difference to me.
Relationship Status:
In love with me, does that count?

ButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST Reputation

Can you recommend a decent wireless router?

I've been looking at them for the last couple weeks but I have no clue what I should be looking for; what's the difference between a N-router and a G-router and do I need to know that?

"It"s called the American dream because you have to be sleeping to believe it." - George Carlin
ButchBowWow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:04 PM   #129
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

N-Routers and cards provide for a greater distance and speed range compared to the older G-Routers and cards. Depending on how old your system is an N-Router may be the best to go with.

As for manufacturers, I tend to stick with the name brands specifically NetGear. Linksys bought out Cisco but their smaller routers don't seem to perform as well as the enterprise equivalents that Cisco is known for. What's your budget for this?

NB: answers may be delayed since I'm in China right now and it's a full half day ahead of everyone else.

The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2011, 08:57 PM   #130
Daktari

Quote:
If I wanted to post the following YouTube: h.ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teMlv3ripSM

I would just take the part after the = sign and put it between the YouTube tags like so (without the space):

[youtube]teMlv3ripSM[/ youtube]

Let me know if that helps.
Woooo Hooooo finally I can post proper utoob links. Thanks Linus.

*leaves ribbon tied Corona*
Old 04-09-2011, 09:01 PM   #131
ButchBowWow

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, she and all those in between. Makes no difference to me.
Relationship Status:
In love with me, does that count?

ButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
N-Routers and cards provide for a greater distance and speed range compared to the older G-Routers and cards. Depending on how old your system is an N-Router may be the best to go with.

As for manufacturers, I tend to stick with the name brands specifically NetGear. Linksys bought out Cisco but their smaller routers don't seem to perform as well as the enterprise equivalents that Cisco is known for. What's your budget for this?

NB: answers may be delayed since I'm in China right now and it's a full half day ahead of everyone else.
Thank you!

I have 2 systems, a desktop that is about 4 years old. It's a dual core, roughly 4 ghz cpu (2 per core) with 4 gigs of RAM. I have a laptop that's just a couple weeks old., it's a quad core 2.2 ghz, also 4 gigs of memory.

As far as budget goes, I'd like to retain my limbs but I'd rather pay for quality. I can probably swing $100-$150 right now, anything more and I'd have to save for a few more weeks.

"It"s called the American dream because you have to be sleeping to believe it." - George Carlin
ButchBowWow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:59 PM   #132
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

*bump for anyone who needs help with non-site issues*

Old 06-28-2011, 09:01 AM   #133
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,792 Times in 25,669 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Hey, Linus.

I've tried to thank a couple of people today and I get this error every time:

<html> Your request timed out. Please retry the request. </html>

My cookies are cleared.

Edited to say nevermind. I cleared the cookies and tried to thank again with no success and then got distracted by the pest guy and then I accidentally....maybe....kicked Bessie and now I seem to be able to thank just fine.

I think I'll just kick her first next time.

I'm misunderestimated.

Last edited by Gemme; 06-28-2011 at 09:12 AM.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:38 AM   #134
amnesia.bfp

How Do You Identify?:
not sure
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess
Relationship Status:
Guess

amnesia.bfp Has the BEST Reputationamnesia.bfp Has the BEST Reputationamnesia.bfp Has the BEST Reputationamnesia.bfp Has the BEST Reputationamnesia.bfp Has the BEST Reputationamnesia.bfp Has the BEST Reputationamnesia.bfp Has the BEST Reputationamnesia.bfp Has the BEST Reputationamnesia.bfp Has the BEST Reputationamnesia.bfp Has the BEST Reputationamnesia.bfp Has the BEST Reputation

Do I like cookies?

I can't remember.

Who am I?
amnesia.bfp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:16 PM   #135
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Dear Linus

what do you know about this?
is it for real?
thank you
mehttp://www.dcwg.org/
something about world wide computer problems in july

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2012, 11:18 PM   #136
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiyesiam View Post
Dear Linus

what do you know about this?
is it for real?
thank you
mehttp://www.dcwg.org/
something about world wide computer problems in july
I'm going to look into this. I hadn't heard about them shutting down the DNS for July. What I've read is that it seems specific to Australians and I'm not sure why the FBI, a US police force for internal US issues, would do that to Australia specifically. Granted that the DNS servers are world wide (the root or top-most level ones are), the news reports I found seemed to indicate it would be directed at Australia specifically.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:21 PM   #137
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
I'm going to look into this. I hadn't heard about them shutting down the DNS for July. What I've read is that it seems specific to Australians and I'm not sure why the FBI, a US police force for internal US issues, would do that to Australia specifically. Granted that the DNS servers are world wide (the root or top-most level ones are), the news reports I found seemed to indicate it would be directed at Australia specifically.
THank you very much Mr. Very Smart Man
I do not want to be messing up my computer

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:44 AM   #138
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

There may be some legitimacy to this story. After a bit of searching, I found this on the FBI's website: http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2011...malware_110911

They do have a link you can use to determine if you are infected or not. I'd suggest reading this: http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2011...er-malware.pdf and near the bottom they recommend some steps you can do to check if you are infected or not.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2012, 06:52 PM   #139
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

wow 15 cents??? what happend to .5 cents??? damm inflation lol
ok........ Mr Linus ... i have some lap top issues.
when im on line it lags a lot.......
when im NOT on line it seems to be ok.... and runs movie dvd's fine.
even put in some new memory.
but ..... like here its fine.. but i can no longer watch my tv shows on here.
its lags baddd...... or freezes up. i just now had to reinstall flash player..
is there anythng i can do ??? more ram?? i think it needs some debuggin..
I have norton on here its runs scanns all the time.

now another thing is i let someone use my lap top .. and one night while i was snoozin they thought they were doing me a favor and tried fixing my problems but made it worse.
my home page no longer comes up.. it keeps telling me click here to manage .disable add on's well i tried to figure out how to do this and i get losted.
it also cuzed me to where i can no longer go into chat on the planet .. and when i try re downloading java it wont let me... i dont know im really frustrated.
this is a dell and has been a good running lap top for me for a long time.
i cant really afford a new one at this time .. sooo
anyways
hope all is well on your end .... hope to talk to you soon.

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:12 PM   #140
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar55 View Post
wow 15 cents??? what happend to .5 cents??? damm inflation lol
ok........ Mr Linus ... i have some lap top issues.
when im on line it lags a lot.......
when im NOT on line it seems to be ok.... and runs movie dvd's fine.
even put in some new memory.
but ..... like here its fine.. but i can no longer watch my tv shows on here.
its lags baddd...... or freezes up. i just now had to reinstall flash player..
is there anythng i can do ??? more ram?? i think it needs some debuggin..
I have norton on here its runs scanns all the time.

now another thing is i let someone use my lap top .. and one night while i was snoozin they thought they were doing me a favor and tried fixing my problems but made it worse.
my home page no longer comes up.. it keeps telling me click here to manage .disable add on's well i tried to figure out how to do this and i get losted.
it also cuzed me to where i can no longer go into chat on the planet .. and when i try re downloading java it wont let me... i dont know im really frustrated.
this is a dell and has been a good running lap top for me for a long time.
i cant really afford a new one at this time .. sooo
anyways
hope all is well on your end .... hope to talk to you soon.
Hi there,

It's unlikely that you need a new laptop. I would suggest, however, that you probably need a very solid system check. This can be done by the likes of the Geek Squad at Best Buy or even a local computer store (likely to be cheaper than the Geek Squad).

The other option to do is to reformat it back to factory default (Dell's usually have a recovery section on the hard drive). This is another alternative but you should ensure that all critical data is backed up and you keep necessary info for applications (e.g., license codes) somewhere safe so you can restore those applications.