Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

essentially don'r ask, don't tell will be gone for Gays in the military, in September....WHY THE WAIT????

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2011, 04:08 PM   #1382
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,957 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

.WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama on Friday formally signed off on ending the ban on gays serving openly in the military, doing away with a policy that's been controversial from the day it was enacted and making good on his 2008 campaign promise to the gay community.

The president joined Defense Secretary Leon Panetta and Adm. Mike Mullen, the joint chiefs of staff chairman, in signing a notice and sending it to Congress certifying that military readiness would not be hurt by repealing the 17-year-old "don't ask, don't tell" policy.

That means that 60 days from now the ban will be lifted.

"As commander in chief, I have always been confident that our dedicated men and women in uniform would transition to a new policy in an orderly manner that preserves unit cohesion, recruitment, retention and military effectiveness," Obama said in a statement.

"Today's action follows extensive training of our military personnel and certification by Secretary Panetta and Admiral Mullen that our military is ready for repeal. As of September 20th, service members will no longer be forced to hide who they are in order to serve our country."

Friday's move was expected under the repeal law Congress passed in December. Before "don't ask, don't tell," the military did not allow gays to serve. But in 1993 Clinton said gays would be discharged only if their sexual orientation became known.

Repeal has drawn strong opposition from some in Congress, and there was initial reluctance from military leaders who worried it could cause a backlash and erode troop cohesion on the battlefield.

But two weeks ago, the chiefs of the military services told Panetta that ending the ban would not affect military readiness.

Advocacy groups that fought for the change called the decision Friday long-overdue, while opponents said it's a political payoff to left-leaning gay and lesbian activists.

"The president's certification of repeal is a monumental step, not just for those forced to lie in order to serve, but for all Americans who believe in fairness and equality," said Human Rights Campaign President Joe Solmonese.

Elaine Donnelly, who heads the Center for Military Readiness, which has lobbied against repeal, said it will "undermine morale and readiness in the all-volunteer force."

The Pentagon is expected to spend the next 60 days preparing the troops for the change, and ironing out legal and technical details, including how it will affect housing, military transfers and other health and social benefits.

In most cases, the guidelines require that gays and lesbians be treated like any other member of the military.There will be differences, however. Same sex partners will not get the same housing and other benefits as married couples. Instead, they are more likely to be treated like unmarried couples.

Once the repeal is final, service members can no longer be discharged for openly acknowledging they are gay. That's the key change. And those who have been discharged previously based solely on the gay ban may apply to re-enter the force.

Service members may also designate their same-sex partners as beneficiaries for insurance and other benefits — something they may have avoided earlier for fear it would cause their dismissal.

One of the thornier issues is gay marriage.

An initial move by the Navy earlier this year to train chaplains about same-sex civil unions in states where they are legal was shelved after more than five dozen Congress members objected.

The training, lawmakers told Navy Secretary Ray Mabus, violated the 1996 Defense of Marriage Act by appearing to recognize and support same-sex marriages.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2011, 04:40 PM   #1383
atomiczombie

How Do You Identify?:
Femmesensual Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His
Relationship Status:
Dating

Thanked 3,221 Times in 757 Posts
atomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputation
Default House Speaker John Boehner walks away from negotiations!s

This congress is making me really mad. If I don't get my SSI check on Aug 3rd, I will be in BIG trouble. I have bills that can't wait. My phone will be turned off. My car insurance will be discontinued. I can't afford the gas money to drive to my weekly therapy appointments. My other bills won't be paid, and my credit will be ruined. I am REALLY screwed. Boehner is playing chicken with the economy, and MY finances as well as millions of other Americans. I can't believe these asswipe republicans even get into office in the first place!!

Quote:
House Speaker John Boehner has walked away from negotiations with President Obama over a deal to raise the debt limit.

"In the end, we couldn't connect. Not because of different personalities, but because of different visions for our country," Boehner said in a letter to colleagues. He said Mr. Obama " is emphatic that taxes have to be raised" and "adamant that we cannot make fundamental changes to our entitlement programs."

"For these reasons, I have decided to end discussions with the White House and begin conversations with the leaders of the Senate in an effort to find a path forward," he said. (Read the letter here)

House Republican leadership aides told CBS News that Boehner will work with the Senate leadership in an attempt to reach a deal that meets the GOP's two central requirements: That spending cuts are equal to or greater than debt limit increase and that there are no new taxes.

Without action, the debt limit will be breached on August 2 - 11 days from now - potentially plunging the U.S. economy into chaos. A GOP leadership aide said Boehner has set next Wednesday as the date by which the House must pass a bill in order to get it signed into law in time, with both the House and Senate presenting some sort of plan to members Monday.

Boehner and the president have been seeking a "grand bargain" of perhaps $4 trillion in deficit reduction, but have faced stiff resistance from lawmakers in both parties. Most Republicans say they will not accept revenue increases in the deal, while most Democrats say any deal must include revenue increases as well as spending cuts. Democrats have also chafed at reports that the deal could include significant cuts to entitlement programs.

Despite rumors of a deal -- the alleged contours of which fueled anger from lawmakers -- Boehner said, "a deal was never reached, and was never really close." He said in his letter that "during these discussions, as in my earlier discussions, it became evident that the White House is simply not serious about ending the spending binge that is destroying jobs and endangering our children's future."

President Obama was scheduled to make a statement on the debt talks shortly.
Link: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_1...40-503544.html
atomiczombie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to atomiczombie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2011, 04:57 PM   #1384
StillettoDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 3,877 Times in 1,485 Posts
StillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomiczombie View Post
This congress is making me really mad. If I don't get my SSI check on Aug 3rd, I will be in BIG trouble. I have bills that can't wait. My phone will be turned off. My car insurance will be discontinued. I can't afford the gas money to drive to my weekly therapy appointments. My other bills won't be paid, and my credit will be ruined. I am REALLY screwed. Boehner is playing chicken with the economy, and MY finances as well as millions of other Americans. I can't believe these asswipe republicans even get into office in the first place!!

Link: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_1...40-503544.html
This is unbelievable!!!!!!! What is wrong with republicans? Really these people need some serious therapy. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-22-2011, 05:26 PM   #1385
atomiczombie

How Do You Identify?:
Femmesensual Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His
Relationship Status:
Dating

atomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillettoDoll View Post
This is unbelievable!!!!!!! What is wrong with republicans? Really these people need some serious therapy. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know right???
Old 07-22-2011, 06:30 PM   #1386
DomnNC
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Widow

Thanked 2,582 Times in 837 Posts
DomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST Reputation
Default Is Mac being PC? (Their title not mine)

News of Apple's participation in a controversial online platform called Christian Values Network (CVN) is spreading like wildfire this week. CVN's platform allows users to donate part of their online purchases from iTunes or the Apple Store to “charity” - including anti-gay groups like Focus on the Family, the Family Research Council, and even (appallingly!) Scott Lively’s Abiding Truth Ministries.

Apple may not mean to be funding hate groups. In fact, they've publicly supported LGBT rights in the past, even donating a $100,000 to stop an anti-gay hate law in the US. But now that they know what’s really going on at CVN, it’s time to pull out.

BBC America, Microsoft, Delta, and most recently Macy’s have cut ties with CVN under public pressure. But computer giant Apple is still participating, despite more than 20,000 people signing a petition on Change.org started by Ben Crowther, a fan of Apple and equality. That's why we're joining Ben to turn up the heat and demand action.

Click here to sign the petition telling Apple to dump CVN and stop funding anti-gay hate groups:

www.allout.org/stop_funding_hate

Right now, people can buy Apple products through CVN and direct a portion of their purchase to groups that focus on spreading hateful lies about LGBT people and fight against their full inclusion in society.

One of the "charities" you can support with a portion of your Apple purchase is Abiding Truth Ministries, a group known for spreading outrageous anti-gay rhetoric, including the assertion that LGBT people were responsible for the Holocaustą, and has even been linked to Uganda’s infamous “Kill the Gays” bill.˛ Another so called "charity" is The Family Research Council, a group that has fought to repeal hate crimes legislation in the US and has directed its members to pray for the continued criminalization of homosexuality in Malawi.ł

Ben Crowther has helped drive a mass exodus of corporations from CVN and draw attention to the hate groups they are supporting. And if enough of us join the call, Apple will have to respond.

Join Ben, Change.org, and AllOut.org in demanding that Apple stop using CVN’s platform and publicly condemn the funding of hate groups.

Thanks for all you do.

All the best and All Out,
Aaron, Andre, Erika, Guillaume, Jeremy, Joseph, Nita, Prerna, Oli, Tile, Wesley and the rest of the team at All Out

SOURCES:

1. Making Myths: Anti-gay religious crusaders claim homosexuals helped mastermind the Holocaust
www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-report/browse-all-issues/2005/spring/holy-war/making-myths

2. Uganda's Anti-Gay Bill: Inspired by the U.S.
www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1946645,00.html

3. FRC: Pray for the Criminalization of Homosexuality
www.rightwingwatch.org/content/frc-pray-criminalization-homosexuality

All Out is bringing people together in every corner of the planet and of every identity - lesbian, gay, straight, transgender and all that’s between and beyond - to build a world in which everyone can live freely and be embraced for who they are.

Our mailing address is:
Purpose Foundation
224 Centre St
New York, NY 10013

Copyright © 2011 AllOut.org, All rights reserved.
DomnNC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DomnNC For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2011, 06:47 PM   #1387
atomiczombie

How Do You Identify?:
Femmesensual Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His
Relationship Status:
Dating

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomnNC View Post
News of Apple's participation in a controversial online platform called Christian Values Network (CVN) is spreading like wildfire this week. CVN's platform allows users to donate part of their online purchases from iTunes or the Apple Store to “charity” - including anti-gay groups like Focus on the Family, the Family Research Council, and even (appallingly!) Scott Lively’s Abiding Truth Ministries.

Apple may not mean to be funding hate groups. In fact, they've publicly supported LGBT rights in the past, even donating a $100,000 to stop an anti-gay hate law in the US. But now that they know what’s really going on at CVN, it’s time to pull out.

BBC America, Microsoft, Delta, and most recently Macy’s have cut ties with CVN under public pressure. But computer giant Apple is still participating, despite more than 20,000 people signing a petition on Change.org started by Ben Crowther, a fan of Apple and equality. That's why we're joining Ben to turn up the heat and demand action.

Click here to sign the petition telling Apple to dump CVN and stop funding anti-gay hate groups:

Right now, people can buy Apple products through CVN and direct a portion of their purchase to groups that focus on spreading hateful lies about LGBT people and fight against their full inclusion in society.

One of the "charities" you can support with a portion of your Apple purchase is Abiding Truth Ministries, a group known for spreading outrageous anti-gay rhetoric, including the assertion that LGBT people were responsible for the Holocaustą, and has even been linked to Uganda’s infamous “Kill the Gays” bill.˛ Another so called "charity" is The Family Research Council, a group that has fought to repeal hate crimes legislation in the US and has directed its members to pray for the continued criminalization of homosexuality in Malawi.ł

Ben Crowther has helped drive a mass exodus of corporations from CVN and draw attention to the hate groups they are supporting. And if enough of us join the call, Apple will have to respond.

Join Ben, Change.org, and AllOut.org in demanding that Apple stop using CVN’s platform and publicly condemn the funding of hate groups.

Thanks for all you do.

All the best and All Out,
Aaron, Andre, Erika, Guillaume, Jeremy, Joseph, Nita, Prerna, Oli, Tile, Wesley and the rest of the team at All Out

SOURCES:

1. Making Myths: Anti-gay religious crusaders claim homosexuals helped mastermind the Holocaust
www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-report/browse-all-issues/2005/spring/holy-war/making-myths

2. Uganda's Anti-Gay Bill: Inspired by the U.S.
www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1946645,00.html

3. FRC: Pray for the Criminalization of Homosexuality
www.rightwingwatch.org/content/frc-pray-criminalization-homosexuality

All Out is bringing people together in every corner of the planet and of every identity - lesbian, gay, straight, transgender and all that’s between and beyond - to build a world in which everyone can live freely and be embraced for who they are.

Our mailing address is:
Purpose Foundation
224 Centre St
New York, NY 10013

Copyright © 2011 AllOut.org, All rights reserved.
I signed the online petition last week and posted it to my FB. Thanks for linking this here DomnNC!
Old 07-23-2011, 07:47 AM   #1388
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,618 Times in 1,559 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

In typical US "news" fashion - our news outlets were quick to call the bombing in Oslo "Norway's 9/11" and to blame Islamic groups.

Quite the contrary, the person who organized this attack was a christian fundamentalist and staunch nationalist Norwegian with anti-muslim, anti-multiculturism views; and the bomb in Oslo government center was just a diversion.

While the country's security forces (and the world press) were focused on the bombing a gunman (dressed as a police officer) went to an island where more than 500 teenagers were attending a Labour Party Youth CAmp. He shot at least 80 of them at point blank range, one by one.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...norway-attacks

http://falkvinge.net/2011/07/23/who-...=Google+Reader
Old 07-23-2011, 08:15 AM   #1389
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation
Default Gays Serving Openly in US Military 9/2011

I have heard it on several channels now & CNN this morning: Policy changed towards gays. No more don't ask, don't tell in 59-days. The ban will be lifted & gays will be able to serve openly.

I will believe it when it actually is implemented as this is such a long time coming. A moment of silence for all the LBGT service people that have been thrown out of the military to date for being gay or lesbian.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2011, 10:52 AM   #1390
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation
Default Amy Winehouse Found Dead at 27

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2011/0...76M2D420110723

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ndon-flat.html
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2011, 11:31 AM   #1391
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,726 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkle View Post
In typical US "news" fashion - our news outlets were quick to call the bombing in Oslo "Norway's 9/11" and to blame Islamic groups.

Quite the contrary, the person who organized this attack was a christian fundamentalist and staunch nationalist Norwegian with anti-muslim, anti-multiculturism views; and the bomb in Oslo government center was just a diversion.

While the country's security forces (and the world press) were focused on the bombing a gunman (dressed as a police officer) went to an island where more than 500 teenagers were attending a Labour Party Youth CAmp. He shot at least 80 of them at point blank range, one by one.

There's 91 dead now but since many people were running into the sea, the body count could be much higher. I'm absolutely horrified at how much death this person could bring.

here's a link to his profile:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14259989

the very least bbc didn't not label "terrorist" on him when he came out, however Dutch media immediately linked him to Al Qaeda with no proof - shitty media reporting and shit stirring. Vieders is a fucking fascist scumbag and horrifically disappointed people were so apathetic they didn't vote and let this nut job in. My wife is at home right in amsterdam now and depressed as hell at how the county is going to shit.

I am just stunned, though I shouldn't be, that someone would do this kind of devastation. I'm sad for the families and I'm hoping to fuck none of my Norwegian friends have had family killed or injured.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2011, 12:10 PM   #1392
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,941 Times in 4,707 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

This is really sad. What a loss, even if predictable.
UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to UofMfan For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2011, 01:15 PM   #1393
atomiczombie

How Do You Identify?:
Femmesensual Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His
Relationship Status:
Dating

Quote:

Martin Luther (the priest who started the Reformation in Germany in the 1500s) said, "Every evil begins in the name of God." He was at that time referring to Christianity.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to atomiczombie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2011, 01:56 PM   #1394
swan

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
single

swan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputation
Default Happy Wedding Day, New York!

Love love love this slideshow from CBS! Grab a hankie, picture number 12 made me tear up.
swan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to swan For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2011, 02:39 PM   #1395
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 7,640 Times in 1,657 Posts
VintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by swan View Post
Love love love this slideshow from CBS! Grab a hankie, picture number 12 made me tear up.
oh! isn't that just remarkable... love.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:51 PM   #1396
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:

So reminds me of Tim McVey here in the US.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2011, 07:37 PM   #1397
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Purina Cat Food recall: Potential Health Risk to Animals and Humans

Nestlé Purina PetCare
www.purina.com

St. Louis, Missouri, July 29, 2011

Nestlé Purina Recalls Limited Number of Purina ONE Vibrant Maturity 7+ Dry Cat Food Bags Due to a Potential Health Risk

Pets with Salmonella infections may exhibit decreased appetite, fever and abdominal pain. If left untreated, pets may be lethargic and have diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, fever and vomiting. Infected but otherwise healthy pets can be carriers and infect other animals or humans. If you pet has consumed the recalled product and has these symptoms, please contact your veterinarian

The product was distributed to customers located in California, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, North Dakota, Nebraska, Ohio and Wisconsin, who may have further distributed the product to other states.

Nestlé Purina PetCare Company (NPPC) is voluntarily recalling 3.5- and 7-pound bags of its Purina ONE Vibrant Maturity 7+ Dry Cat Food f and shipped to customers in 12 states. This is being done because some bags of the product have been found to be contaminated with Salmonella. Only Purina ONE Vibrant Maturity 7+ Dry Cat Food with both the “Best By” date and the production code shown are included in this voluntary recall:

Product Name Bag “Best By” Date & Bag UPC
Size Production Code* Code

Purina ONE Vibrant Maturity 7+ 3.5 lb. MAY 2012 03341084 17800 01885

Purina ONE Vibrant Maturity 7+ 3.5 lb. MAY 2012 03351084 17800 01885

Purina ONE Vibrant Maturity 7+ 7 lb. MAY 2012 03341084 17800 01887

Purina ONE Vibrant Maturity 7+ 7 lb. MAY 2012 03351084 17800 01887

*”Best By” Date and Production Code are found on the back or bottom of the bag.

No additional Purina cat or dog products are involved in this voluntary recall. No other Purina ONE brand products are involved. Only Purina ONE Vibrant Maturity 7+ brand products which match the “Best By” dates and production code above are included in this recall.

Consumers who have purchased Purina ONE Vibrant Maturity 7+ Dry Cat Food products with these specific “Best By” Date and Production Codes should discontinue feeding the product and discard it.

Salmonella can affect animals eating the product, and there is a risk to humans from handling contaminated products. People handling contaminated dry pet food can become infected with Salmonella, especially if they have not thoroughly washed their hands after having contact with surfaces exposed to this product. Healthy people infected with Salmonella should monitor themselves for the following symptoms: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal cramping and fever. Rarely, Salmonella can result in more serious ailments including arterial infections, endocarditis, arthritis, muscle pain, eye irritation and urinary tract symptoms. Consumers exhibiting these signs after having contact with this product should contact their healthcare providers.

Nestlé Purina PetCare Company became aware of the contamination as a result of samples that had been collected in several retail stores.

At Nestlé Purina PetCare, the safety and efficacy of our products are our top priority. We apologize for any inconvenience due to this voluntary recall. For further information or to obtain a product refund, please call NPPC toll-free at 1-800-982-6559 or visit www.purina.com .
Consumer Contact: Nestlé Purina PetCare Office of Consumer Affairs: 1-800-982-6559
Media Contact: Keith Schopp – 314-982-2577

CHECKERBOARD SQUARE
ST. LOUIS, MO 63164-0001, USA
TEL. 314 982 1000
FAX 314 982 2752
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2011, 07:14 PM   #1398
swan

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
single

swan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputation

Gabrielle Giffords made it back to work today, to vote on the Debt Ceiling. That's pretty darn cool.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/c...,6118858.story
swan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to swan For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2011, 12:26 PM   #1399
dykeumentary

How Do You Identify?:
butch dyke

Thanked 1,547 Times in 359 Posts
dykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputation

Danziger Bridge guilty verdicts are another strike against New Orleans police.

I have no quarrel with individual officers, they have a difficult task. I DO have a problem with institutional racism, and the way the system showed itself to deadly effect when the citizens of New Orleans needed civic structures most.

http://mobile.nola.com/advnola/pm_10...tguid=5TgpVjjG
dykeumentary is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dykeumentary For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2011, 05:24 PM   #1400
Reader
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Dyke, Feminist, Contrarian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,229 Times in 586 Posts
Reader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up Drafting Al Gore to run for President

http://www.newser.com/story/125585/l...z-in-2016.html

Let's Draft Al Gore for Prez in 2016

(Newser) – Sure, most of the nation is intensely focused on the 2012 election, but Brent Budowsky is already looking forward to 2016's ideal candidate: Al Gore. In a glowing endorsement for the Hill, Budowsky calls for a "national movement" to draft Gore to "carry the banner of the New Frontier heritage of the Democratic Party." Gore is both the "conscience" and the "soul" of true Democrats, Budowsky argues, and he has the "fighting spirit" that we need.

Not only would Gore be "the most qualified candidate for the presidency in a century," he would also be the best hope to "renew the battle for what Ted Kennedy brilliantly called the causes that endure and the dreams that never die." It's time to "build anew, organize again, and set the stage for another great historic Democratic president after 2016." And as a first step, Budowsky calls for "fellow believers ... to mobilize now to support true Democrats in the House and Senate in 2012."
Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Reader For This Useful Post:

Tags
breaking news, news