Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Fine Wine: Folks Over 50

Old 08-02-2010, 07:12 PM   #1421
Lady_Wu

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Queer Stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
M'Lady
Relationship Status:
given up looking *sigh*

Lady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST Reputation
Default Dating sites

I've moved twice for people I met online. Guess I didn't learn my lesson the first time! If I ever move again, it will be for reasons of my own! Anyone know anything about Asheville or NC in general? That or the Southwest-if I can find a place that is temperate and does not get too hot. Any suggestions?
Congratulations, Morningstar! Yes, your tarot reading and then the job offer is a little eerie. But Tao moves as Tao moves.
AtlantaButch, I offer my condolences. You got taken by someone who was not what she seemed. I'm so sorry.
Lady_Wu
Old 08-02-2010, 07:32 PM   #1422
ruthie14

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,243 Times in 461 Posts
ruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputation
Wink

Hey Lady Wu... my mother used to live in a little town just outside Ashville... she worked at a hospital in town and almost every nurse she worked with was gay! lol used to call them the lickity split gang! Ashville proper has a nice gay community.. as for climate... not bad... still get all 4 seasons...but winters are generally mild and since Ashville is close to the mountain... it is cooler in the summer than a lot of places. Still hot mind you, but not boiling. If you have any questions feel free to pm me. If I can't answer them my mother may be able to.

Evening all... hope everyone has a great week!

Morningstar...Good luck! maybe you'll get to move concert stuff for kd lang! lol
ruthie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ruthie14 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2010, 10:03 AM   #1423
Galahad

How Do You Identify?:
do I have to?
Relationship Status:
single

Galahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST Reputation

Good morning everyone. I hope the weekend is wonderful for all of you. The Planet is so quiet lately. I wonder if most of us are off on adventures.
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 05:09 AM   #1424
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

mawning Loft dwellers and peekers
sorry i havnt been in here as much been kinda busy...
hope everyone is having a nice weekend

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 05:36 AM   #1425
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

im reading more here...
Lady Wu....... sorry about your moves.. i never have moved to be with someone.. it was always for reasons of my own....
i always been skiddish about them kinda moves..
hadnt heard much more about the concert trucking stuff yet.... but who knows and oh well... if i did that. i would never be home for sure then.. lol
well im off this weekend and at home.. well sort of at a friends house at the moment. had a nice cook out yesterday with some great friends...

Old 08-08-2010, 06:51 AM   #1426
waxnrope
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 5/27/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy ho, hy ho; he, she, it, whatever
Relationship Status:
Going slow ...

Thanked 2,958 Times in 953 Posts
waxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputation

Just stopping in to say good morning.
waxnrope is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to waxnrope For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2010, 01:42 PM   #1427
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Hello all,

I haven't been in here in awhile. Just thought I'd come in and say hello.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 02:43 PM   #1428
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

Good Evening everyone just stopping in to say hi!! Hope everyone had a great weekend UGH its back to the grind tomorrow with the internship!!
lipstixgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 06:55 PM   #1429
ruthie14

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,243 Times in 461 Posts
ruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputation
Unhappy

ok sooooooooo I go to a lesbian over 40 dance tonight. Wearing a sexy sundress, all pretty.. with my friends. More butches there than there usually are, and NOT ONE asked me to dance. My friends all commented on how good I looked... I danced with my friends and by myself... made eye contact.. etc etc... NOTHING. oh and the "dating " sites I joined...so far.. lets see a 19 year old from bulgaria (really!) and a straght male cross dresser ( what part of lesbian i like girls don't you understand) and femmes. sigh... really? really! This is making me crazy! Ruthie
ruthie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 08:28 PM   #1430
AtlantaButch824

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
does it really matter
Relationship Status:
single

AtlantaButch824 Has the BEST ReputationAtlantaButch824 Has the BEST ReputationAtlantaButch824 Has the BEST ReputationAtlantaButch824 Has the BEST ReputationAtlantaButch824 Has the BEST ReputationAtlantaButch824 Has the BEST ReputationAtlantaButch824 Has the BEST ReputationAtlantaButch824 Has the BEST ReputationAtlantaButch824 Has the BEST ReputationAtlantaButch824 Has the BEST ReputationAtlantaButch824 Has the BEST Reputation

I'm 52 and single again after 10.5 yrs. I feel strange trying to date again. You think you know someone after that much time, only to realize you didn't.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:33 PM   #1431
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaButch824 View Post
I'm 52 and single again after 10.5 yrs. I feel strange trying to date again. You think you know someone after that much time, only to realize you didn't.
so don't date
Old 08-08-2010, 11:51 PM   #1432
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthie14 View Post
ok sooooooooo I go to a lesbian over 40 dance tonight. Wearing a sexy sundress, all pretty.. with my friends. More butches there than there usually are, and NOT ONE asked me to dance. My friends all commented on how good I looked... I danced with my friends and by myself... made eye contact.. etc etc... NOTHING. oh and the "dating " sites I joined...so far.. lets see a 19 year old from bulgaria (really!) and a straght male cross dresser ( what part of lesbian i like girls don't you understand) and femmes. sigh... really? really! This is making me crazy! Ruthie

bet you looked real cute..gotta pic?
Old 08-09-2010, 05:59 AM   #1433
skeeter_01

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey you!
Relationship Status:
Sleeping single in a double bed..

skeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputation

Good morning ladies and gents!!
First of all, I'd like to introduce myself...my name is skeeter...I hail from the mitten state in the beautiful city of Ann Arbor. I'm single and LOVING it!! Me and my little brown dog live very happily and comfortably in our butch-ler pad.
I work for the U of M hospital in the ER and love my job!!...anywho........

I'm so happy to have found this site and especially this thread!! I'm 54 and I truly feel like someone made a mistake on my birth certificate!! I can't POSSIBLY be this old!! I'm a very young 54 and plan on staying very young even when I'm very old!!
skeet
skeeter_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to skeeter_01 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2010, 06:07 AM   #1434
Abigail Crabby

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Princess
Relationship Status:
Single, but sociable

Thanked 9,667 Times in 2,484 Posts
Abigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST Reputation

Good morning all

So this is a loft huh? Does that mean I have to hike up some stairs ??

been reading a lil of the thread and don't have many comments to add as everyone seems to have said it about dating sites, ldr's and moving for the special someone *cough*

If I was looking to date -which I'm not lol I think I'd tend to go to social events and skip the sites, although for some it does seem it's the best way they can meet people.

I live near Erie - doesn't seem to be many social events for Butches and Femmes up here, and I'm not working yet so that's ok lol will look at making new friends when I'm working and totally settled.

In the mean time I believe I shall come in here and mingle with other peeps in my age group lol

Happy Monday all

Turns whatever happens to you into a positive...
Abigail Crabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:56 AM   #1435
Wryly

How Do You Identify?:
bemused butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
polite ones, please
Relationship Status:
single butch

Thanked 1,568 Times in 620 Posts
Wryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST Reputation

I had a fun weekend - visiting with family. My brother is here for a visit for a few days. So I might not be online much.

Hope everyone had a good weekend!
Wryly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:56 AM   #1436
Wryly

How Do You Identify?:
bemused butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
polite ones, please
Relationship Status:
single butch

Thanked 1,568 Times in 620 Posts
Wryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Did you ask anyone to dance?
Wryly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 09:14 AM   #1437
Lady_Wu

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Queer Stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
M'Lady
Relationship Status:
given up looking *sigh*

Lady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST Reputation
Default Comments on age

I am 49, yet occasionally still get carded. People comment on how young I look. I FEEL like I'm in my late 30s (when I am well). When I am not well, I feel very, very old. Age is not to me my body. Age is a relative, changing thing related to the INTERPLAY of spirit, vitality, and generative force (body). This morning, for instance, my vitality was down. I was in much pain. I felt older than my biological age. I took my medicine, took a nap, and now my vitality is much better. So I feel younger again. I do not think that biological age is a measure of a person's age. What is 49? Just an arbitrary number.
Lady_Wu
Old 08-09-2010, 11:21 AM   #1438
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter_01 View Post

Good morning ladies and gents!!
First of all, I'd like to introduce myself...my name is skeeter...I hail from the mitten state in the beautiful city of Ann Arbor. I'm single and LOVING it!! Me and my little brown dog live very happily and comfortably in our butch-ler pad.
I work for the U of M hospital in the ER and love my job!!...anywho........

I'm so happy to have found this site and especially this thread!! I'm 54 and I truly feel like someone made a mistake on my birth certificate!! I can't POSSIBLY be this old!! I'm a very young 54 and plan on staying very young even when I'm very old!!
skeet
.. welcome to the Loft Skeeter and ((((((abby))))))))..... i travel to a lot of area's of Michigan ann arbor and whole south half of Michigan .. from time to time.

Old 08-09-2010, 11:30 AM   #1439
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,138 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

If you came to the Reunion, I'd twirl you around the dance floor or dance like a maniac to the fast songs.
Dancing is something I haven't done much of since moving to a small town and I like to dance.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:32 AM   #1440
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,138 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

*waving to Barb*
Are you home or traveling
Either place, stay cool and stay safe

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
age, good news for once, mature