Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Fine Wine: Folks Over 50

Old 09-10-2010, 03:12 PM   #1561
BellaOctober1

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

BellaOctober1 is on a distinguished road
Wink Kansas City Fall

Stopping in to say Howdy. It's been a WHILE! Kansas City is just now showing the signs of Fall and I welcome it. The heat was just a bit much.
Hope you all have a great weekend..
Old 09-10-2010, 04:06 PM   #1562
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude View Post
Cold today in NJ? It's 70 degrees! Wait until it's in the teen and we get 3 feet of snow and then you get to complain. Only thing I don't like about fall is what comes after. Maybe I'm just too skinny and thin blooded, but freezing cold is downright painful. The only positive thing I can think of about winter is benig able to sleep under a heavy down comforter.
Have you looked at any properties in Florida?
Yes I'm cold to me 70 is cold I have firbromyalgia and it affects me in my muscles when it gets codl that is one of the reasons I want to move away and I have looked online but have yet to get there. I'm a student and have to finish my internship first...I hope that answers all of your questions!!
lipstixgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 04:10 PM   #1563
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Flyin by
have a good one all
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 05:05 PM   #1564
naturlover_52

How Do You Identify?:
soft butch/bi
Preferred Pronoun?:
she and her are just fine....Sweetcheeks hey you
Relationship Status:
seeing someone long distance but soon will be both in Ca love her very much

Location: So Calif East San Gabrielle Valley aka the land of shake and bake
naturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputation
Default dealing w/ cold

I have osteoarthritis in most of my joints bit More so lately in my shoulders and My degenerating disk....I can empathize w/you Lipstix because of dealing w/ Pain. I lived IN alaska for about 7 years and that was a major reason for leaving...MY knees/back couldn;t take the cold anymore. I would like to live in a milder climate because of the fact I am a large woman and SUMMERS in the East San Gabriel Valley in SO. Cal get a BIT warm and 100+* temps at my size are HARD to handle

sooo understand
naturlover_52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 06:45 PM   #1565
waxnrope
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 5/27/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy ho, hy ho; he, she, it, whatever
Relationship Status:
Going slow ...

Thanked 2,958 Times in 953 Posts
waxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputation

It was about 80 today in Oakland. My ideal temp is about 68. I have heat intolerance. Summers, I want to move to Alaska.
Hope you all have a great weekend. Anyone doing something fun and/or interesting? I'm leaving in a few to see the film, Mao's Last Dancer.
waxnrope is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to waxnrope For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2010, 06:46 PM   #1566
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturlover_52 View Post
I have osteoarthritis in most of my joints bit More so lately in my shoulders and My degenerating disk....I can empathize w/you Lipstix because of dealing w/ Pain. I lived IN alaska for about 7 years and that was a major reason for leaving...MY knees/back couldn;t take the cold anymore. I would like to live in a milder climate because of the fact I am a large woman and SUMMERS in the East San Gabriel Valley in SO. Cal get a BIT warm and 100+* temps at my size are HARD to handle

sooo understand
Thank you for understanding its too damn cold here in the winter in NJ that's one of the reasons for moving to a warmer climate, so its hot in Cali I didn't know that, I'm not small either but dieting so that helps when I follow it!!
The Following User Says Thank You to lipstixgal For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2010, 07:38 PM   #1567
naturlover_52

How Do You Identify?:
soft butch/bi
Preferred Pronoun?:
she and her are just fine....Sweetcheeks hey you
Relationship Status:
seeing someone long distance but soon will be both in Ca love her very much

Location: So Calif East San Gabrielle Valley aka the land of shake and bake
naturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputation
Default daling w/ tempuratures

I am North west of Disneyland and about 30 miles EAST of Los Angeles....and a bit west of Riverside. OUT there it gets HOT. Where I am it just gets rather warm....IT can get up to about 107-115* here in the HOT months. That is part of the reason I am wanting to move say to some place Like San Jose or Eugene Oregon. I am about 285-290 lbs...SO I guess I am a big lady....

Best of luck in your search for a comfy place to live Temp wise
naturlover_52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 07:50 PM   #1568
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

hot and cold....... hmm thought maybe ya'll were talking menopause.. LOL
i was born and raised in Buffalo Neww yawkk.. and thats snow country...lol
then moved to Texas in 79.. for 17 yrs.. i got use to the heat. stayed inside .. hung out by the pool... now im back in NY..
i miss the south a lot... love it there.... the heat in the summer well.... ya just learn to deal wth it if its where you really want to be.

oh btw..... heyy ya Lofters.. lol
i have landed in WaterLoooo Iowa...... yeha.
gonna watch some tv to fall asleep by.. lol

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 07:53 PM   #1569
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

tonight i had a 43 yr old tell me she dont date anyone over 50 maybe 53 .. cuz they can be boring......... omg.. feel a lil insulted.. geeshh....

Old 09-10-2010, 08:18 PM   #1570
Jude

How Do You Identify?:
I'm Fluid (comfortable being me)
Preferred Pronoun?:
"Hey Jude"

1 Highscore

Jude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST Reputation
Default Boring over 50! Rubbish

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar55 View Post
tonight i had a 43 yr old tell me she dont date anyone over 50 maybe 53 .. cuz they can be boring......... omg.. feel a lil insulted.. geeshh....

Anybody under 50 is still growing up. There are a wealth of life experiences they have yet to discover. The thought of dating someone significantly younger doesn't appeal at all. The wine becomes more fragrant and delicious with age.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:00 PM   #1571
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,945 Times in 584 Posts
iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar55 View Post
Lord god almighty!!! I never found you to be boring, MStar - feisty maybe, but not boring. Her loss is all I can say@
Smooches,
Keri
iamkeri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2010, 09:32 PM   #1572
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,945 Times in 584 Posts
iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation

Hey Jude (Love saying that - that is one of my all time favorite songs)
Summers are pretty hot here in Florida. I have a pretty high resistance to heat, but some days are just burning up. It doesn't cool off much at night either. To be honest, I have only spent one full summer here. I still have a house in Michigan which I have never been able to sell due to the economy there, so I spend around 8 weeks there every summer. In my area of Florida (about 39 miles south of Orlando), August and September are the two hottest months, The nights start to cool off in early October, and really the nights still go down at least to the low seventies until early June, and then its just like someone filpped a switch and the nights get hot too. Everything is on AC of course, and I have a pool, which I love.

To find out how gay life and the attitude toward queerfolk are in FL I would suggest stopping in to the FLorida thread. I was married to an FTM for the first few years I lived here, I was alone for six years after his death, and the guy I just broke up with was FTM also. The laws here are bad, but if the court decision in Cali holds up through the federal courts, we may see and end to all discriminatory laws here soon. I have just started to stick my toes back in to gay waters, you might say. I am perceived as straight by almost everyone in my life.

Also, I think your house swapping idea is a good one. I'd love to spend a week in DC.
Smooches,
Keri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude View Post
Keri.
How do you generally feel about living in FL? At least once a year (in the winter) I have a rush of "why aren't I in Florida?", which tends to dissipate by Spring. Now I"m kinda thinking of buying a small condo in FL just for the winters....prices being so reasonable right now.

What I'd love to hear from you is how you manag to survive the blazing hot, humid summers. Do you tend to hide out in an A/C house and never venture out before dark and cooler temperatures?

I used to go to Florida every summer with my kids to visit my mom in Sarasota and we all loved it -- except for the miserable heat.

How is it for gay people in Florida generally? It's a very conservative state.

Whatever you'd care to share would be super and deeply appreciated.
Jude in Wash DC
iamkeri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 10:33 AM   #1573
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkeri1 View Post
Lord god almighty!!! I never found you to be boring, MStar - feisty maybe, but not boring. Her loss is all I can say@
Smooches,
Keri
fiesty??? LMao..... ty i think
her loss.. welll.. she isnt even my type.... or me hers..... but yet she was asking me dating type ?? said i was to old for her..
i then asked...... ahhh to old for friendship?? then she claims in big letters.... she is looking for a WIFE!! ..... geeshh..... well rnt we all. lol
she is a truck driver and not very butch.. and i told her i enjoy meeting other female truckers out here .. to chit chat with ... cuz there r to many men truckers and well..... anyways.

GOOooooooooood Morning LOFTERS!!

Old 09-11-2010, 10:36 AM   #1574
Luckydwg07

How Do You Identify?:
Yes Ma'am! Butchiness- hard shell candy with a soft center
Relationship Status:
I've bee found-Life has new meaning to me

Luckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST Reputation
Default temperature control

Hello Lofters. I have to say Key West. I've been alot of places and its hard to get personalized season temps all year long. My sister lives in Arkansas. Fayetteville,Eureka Springs area. She loves it! Went to visit her this August wasn't bad and I don't do well in heat . check it out nice area and getting busy. Rehoboth beach,De is not too bad either when it comes to coastal temp.but alas it did get alot of snow dumped on them last winter but the temps weren't too bitter. Good Luck in your search
Have a great weekend!
The Following User Says Thank You to Luckydwg07 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2010, 10:36 AM   #1575
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkeri1 View Post
Hey Jude (Love saying that - that is one of my all time favorite songs)
Summers are pretty hot here in Florida. I have a pretty high resistance to heat, but some days are just burning up. It doesn't cool off much at night either. To be honest, I have only spent one full summer here. I still have a house in Michigan which I have never been able to sell due to the economy there, so I spend around 8 weeks there every summer. In my area of Florida (about 39 miles south of Orlando), August and September are the two hottest months, The nights start to cool off in early October, and really the nights still go down at least to the low seventies until early June, and then its just like someone filpped a switch and the nights get hot too. Everything is on AC of course, and I have a pool, which I love.

To find out how gay life and the attitude toward queerfolk are in FL I would suggest stopping in to the FLorida thread. I was married to an FTM for the first few years I lived here, I was alone for six years after his death, and the guy I just broke up with was FTM also. The laws here are bad, but if the court decision in Cali holds up through the federal courts, we may see and end to all discriminatory laws here soon. I have just started to stick my toes back in to gay waters, you might say. I am perceived as straight by almost everyone in my life.

Also, I think your house swapping idea is a good one. I'd love to spend a week in DC.
Smooches,
Keri
house swaping??? hmmmmm.....
who wants to swap with me for a month or so????? LOL
im 15 min from Niagara Fals....... and my rent is 450 a month.... 2 bedrooms.
wait.my 21 yr old still lives there..... hmmm

Old 09-14-2010, 08:02 PM   #1576
ruthie14

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,243 Times in 461 Posts
ruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputation
Unhappy

Just talked with my former stepfather. My stepsister passed away today. She was 48. We were never real close, but we have known each other since we were 4 years old. Had our first day of school together. Such a shame. Her children are in their late 20"s... too young. Can't help but cry.
ruthie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:32 PM   #1577
Galahad

How Do You Identify?:
do I have to?
Relationship Status:
single

Galahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST Reputation

That's very sad Ruthie. Sorry for your loss and for her kids. It's hard when those who knew us when we were children disappear from our lives. Whether we were close or not, it feels like a lonelier world.
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 04:30 AM   #1578
Daktari

G'day Lofters , it's been a while since I poked my head round the door here, how y'all doin'?. I've been busy having a summer and getting to grips with riding all sorts of different cycles again - both one and two wheeled. I've also just become a university student again......goodness knows how I talked my way into that?!

Ruthie, that is sad, you're in my thoughts.

Old 09-15-2010, 08:40 AM   #1579
waxnrope
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 5/27/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy ho, hy ho; he, she, it, whatever
Relationship Status:
Going slow ...

Thanked 2,958 Times in 953 Posts
waxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipstixgal View Post
Thank you for understanding its too damn cold here in the winter in NJ that's one of the reasons for moving to a warmer climate, so its hot in Cali I didn't know that, I'm not small either but dieting so that helps when I follow it!!
Not all of Cali is hot, Lipstix. I was born and raised in L.A. Always hated summer. I have heat intolerance ... I've lived on the east coast and in Oregon. I live in the Bay Area now. There are microclimates here, with temperature differences as much as 15 or greater degrees.

In Oakland, where I live, there are fewer foggy days, lots of sunshine, and warmer temps as compared to San Francisco. It can get up to 90s, and just when I start to whine, the natural air conditioning - fog - comes rolling in and cools things down. The cycle goes three days of heat, then fog comes. Works great for me.
waxnrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:50 AM   #1580
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Quote:
Originally Posted by waxnrope View Post
Not all of Cali is hot, Lipstix. I was born and raised in L.A. Always hated summer. I have heat intolerance ... I've lived on the east coast and in Oregon. I live in the Bay Area now. There are microclimates here, with temperature differences as much as 15 or greater degrees.

In Oakland, where I live, there are fewer foggy days, lots of sunshine, and warmer temps as compared to San Francisco. It can get up to 90s, and just when I start to whine, the natural air conditioning - fog - comes rolling in and cools things down. The cycle goes three days of heat, then fog comes. Works great for me.
California was on my list but its too expensive to live!! glad to hear that the temperatures are working for ya. Its getting colder in NOrthern NJ in the mornings but the afternoon temps are better with the nights getting cooler, oh well what can you do got live with it until I find a place that is warm and sunny all year round!!

Tags
age, good news for once, mature