Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > BUTCHFEMMEPLANET.COM NEWS AND INFORMATION > Questions from Members/ Troubleshooting

Old 01-15-2012, 09:23 PM   #141
1ladyface

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
loved and loving

1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation

Hello geekfolk!

I'm having trouble putting images in my posts. I click the insert images thingy and copy and paste the URL but it shows up in posts as a little blue question mark box. What am I doing wrong?

example:

Thanks in advance for your expertise!

-ladyface

http://www.1ladyface.blogspot.com
1ladyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:31 PM   #142
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ladyface View Post
Hello geekfolk!

I'm having trouble putting images in my posts. I click the insert images thingy and copy and paste the URL but it shows up in posts as a little blue question mark box. What am I doing wrong?

example:

because what you are posting is not a url for an image, it's the url a for google preview of an image.

get the actual url of the image and use that instead.

click at the side of the google page where it says 'see full size image'. that will take you to the actual image.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:24 PM   #143
Midnight

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
Married to the most beautiful girl in the world

Midnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ladyface View Post
Hello geekfolk!

example:

Right click the picture then select Copy Image Location (It will be something similar if you don't use Win7) Then select the image icon as you were doing, right click and Paste.

Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Midnight For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2012, 10:29 PM   #144
1ladyface

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
loved and loving

1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks betenoire and Midnight! Such helpful and speedy replies. I'll try once more...

-ladyface

Old 01-15-2012, 10:31 PM   #145
1ladyface

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
loved and loving

YAY!

*the above pic is the lovely Ms. Rita Hayworth.

-ladyface

Old 01-15-2012, 10:35 PM   #146
Midnight

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
Married to the most beautiful girl in the world

Midnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST Reputation

Glad to be of help
Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:02 PM   #147
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Either I've lost my mind, or everyone's signature pics have vanished....and are only showing as the website link.

Please tell me I'm not crazy....well crazier than I already suspect I am anyway.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:06 PM   #148
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
Either I've lost my mind, or everyone's signature pics have vanished....and are only showing as the website link.

Please tell me I'm not crazy....well crazier than I already suspect I am anyway.

Not crazy. I did some modifications. Technically, regular members weren't supposed to have the ability to have signatures at all (see here: http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/inde...=subscriptions --> Signature ability shouldn't show up until BFP Supporter II). I didn't completely remove that but slightly modified it to take away some of the more "advanced" options.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:57 PM   #149
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Not crazy. I did some modifications. Technically, regular members weren't supposed to have the ability to have signatures at all (see here: http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/inde...=subscriptions --> Signature ability shouldn't show up until BFP Supporter II). I didn't completely remove that but slightly modified it to take away some of the more "advanced" options.
So, does this mean as a Sentinel member that I can't have a pic in my signature?
Sorry....I'm confused....it's been a long day.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:16 PM   #150
Scuba

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Flying Solo

Thanked 8,048 Times in 1,618 Posts
Scuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST Reputation

My question is the same as above....confused as well I can't seem to get either the web site link or an upload to work.

~~Bob Richardson~~
Scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:57 PM   #151
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
So, does this mean as a Sentinel member that I can't have a pic in my signature?
Sorry....I'm confused....it's been a long day.
Basic members cannot.

Anyone that is BFP Supporter II and above can. I double checked and Sentinel members do have that ability.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:59 PM   #152
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Basic members cannot.

Anyone that is BFP Supporter II and above can. I double checked and Sentinel members do have that ability.
Then it's busted....cuz I'm a Sentinel member...and the pic isn't showing.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:03 PM   #153
Gaige

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch

Thanked 3,756 Times in 1,171 Posts
Gaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Then it's busted....cuz I'm a Sentinel member...and the pic isn't showing.
i had a picture in my sig line and today it stopped working. i had to upload the picture from my hard drive and it worked that way. using a picture from photobucket didn't work. guessing that applies to any other website photo.

yep, mine reverted to the link just like yours did Jo.
Gaige is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gaige For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2012, 10:12 PM   #154
Admin
Administrator

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 5,633 Times in 1,013 Posts
Admin has disabled reputation
Member Photo Albums

Jo - your image should be working now. Can you see it?
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:14 PM   #155
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handsome Devil View Post
i had a picture in my sig line and today it stopped working. i had to upload the picture from my hard drive and it worked that way. using a picture from photobucket didn't work. guessing that applies to any other website photo.

yep, mine reverted to the link just like yours did Jo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
Jo - your image should be working now. Can you see it?
I tried what Handsome Devil suggested and that worked. I haven't tried posting one from a website though.

I'm good....and thankful I didn't break something ...thank you!
Old 01-26-2012, 10:21 PM   #156
Admin
Administrator

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 5,633 Times in 1,013 Posts
Admin has disabled reputation
Member Photo Albums

Ok - You will find that any images uploaded directly to the site under signatures no longer work. All images in signatures will need to be hosted elsewhere like Photobucket.

I tweaked the options in the back and am doing a backup right now. I think some of our options got wonky in the last few days because we definitely don't have the space to host signature photos.

Let me know if the links don't work when uploaded to Photobucket!
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:46 PM   #157
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
Ok - You will find that any images uploaded directly to the site under signatures no longer work. All images in signatures will need to be hosted elsewhere like Photobucket.

I tweaked the options in the back and am doing a backup right now. I think some of our options got wonky in the last few days because we definitely don't have the space to host signature photos.

Let me know if the links don't work when uploaded to Photobucket!
It works. Thank you!
Old 01-31-2012, 03:48 AM   #158
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Butch. Lesbian. Dyke. Woman. Female.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Thanked 11,730 Times in 2,432 Posts
Parker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST Reputation

Hey

I haven't been able to load the "What made you today?" thread all evening. I don't seem to have any problems with any threads but this one. It tries to load, but then I get an error page that reads:

Quote:
This webpage has a redirect loop

The webpage at http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...=698&page=2761 has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer.

Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
Learn more about this problem.

Error 310 (net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS): There were too many redirects.
I deleted cookies, cache, etc, all to no avail, so I thought I'd bring it up here in case there's a little glitch or something tech-ish that is the problem, or if it is still just me and I need to do something else to fix it on my end.

Thanks!
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:43 AM   #159
smouldering

How Do You Identify?:
Punky girly girl, glittery femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, etc.
Relationship Status:
Single, Recovering

Thanked 3,974 Times in 924 Posts
smouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Spirit View Post
Hey

I haven't been able to load the "What made you today?" thread all evening. I don't seem to have any problems with any threads but this one. It tries to load, but then I get an error page that reads:

I deleted cookies, cache, etc, all to no avail, so I thought I'd bring it up here in case there's a little glitch or something tech-ish that is the problem, or if it is still just me and I need to do something else to fix it on my end.

Thanks!

I am also getting the same exact error when I try to go to that particular thread as well
The Following User Says Thank You to smouldering For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2012, 06:46 AM   #160
Jett

How Do You Identify?:
Hardcore bullheaded grown-ass Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
she loves my shaggy hair

Location: The backroom of a night cafe plotting world domination
Thanked 3,299 Times in 568 Posts
Jett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST Reputation
Default Yeppers...

Quote:
The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept
cookies.
... is what I get

ETA: Can't access the last page of the "cinefiles" thread either... it redirects me back to the page before the last... so yeah, dunno.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jett For This Useful Post:

Tags
forum geek, forum help