Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 01-26-2011, 06:15 PM   #141
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

oh think ill go check that website out as well..
i created an account at sparkpeople the other day, and i'm just starting to find my way around there but gosh that site is so jampacked its hard to find anything, i like simplicity! wonder if this site is any easier, will check it out!

thanks Kelt!

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2011, 06:37 PM   #142
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

I think you'll like it sylvie....it's very simple. I'm doing the free version, so there's advertising (which I just ignore), but I figured out my way around in just a few minutes.

I was able to go in and see that I could have a glass of wine with my dinner, or a slice of garlic bread, but not both...unless I wanted to not have a snack with my meds before bed. For me, that snack is important....so I opted for wine and skipped the garlic bread.

You can also go in and enter your current weight, your goal weight (and date)...and it will tell you how many calories a day you need to target....which changes based on activity as well. Very, very cool.

So....I'm done for the day...except that I already calculated in a banana with my meds before bed.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:53 PM   #143
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,947 Times in 3,418 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvie View Post
i can relate..
i still cant look at myself in the mirror..
let me rephrase, hmm.. i look at parts of myself in the mirror, but never really LOOK at myself in the mirror.. does that make sense? i hope so lol..
over a 2 year period i little over 80 lbs.. i gained about 15 lbs back. after losing that weight though, i still seen the old sylvie too.. heck i still do..

my biggest battle in all of this is overcoming an eating disorder.. although i am doing very well, the urge to binge & purge comes easily when i stress a lot.. so between the weight i want to lose, and the guilt over the binging ive done over the years, it makes for a very disappointed syl.. looking in the mirror is accepting that reality, it's hard..

i'm so glad you are winning that battle, i 'need' to win that battle as well.. i've a ways to go yet, but i'm taking the steps to ensure i do this the healthy way, maintain it, surrounding myself with tons of positive support and i'm not looking back thanks to people like you! =)
(((((Sylvie))))) I can relate having fought my way back from bulimarexia in my late 20s. Not going into the details here. We can talk about it off the thread if you want to, just PM me.
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2011, 06:55 PM   #144
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

ohhh that sounds great Jo!
a few minutes to navigate a site means it must be much better than spark people.. i will keep my spark people open for the blog option of it maybe, and the forums there, i can poke around and read the articles and such.. just wont have to utilize it for the other stuff LOL..

i was on it today and you can accumulate points for everything you do, right down to reading an article, which is cool but, by the time i did everything i had to and found everything i needed, a lot of my free time was shot already lol!! i wanna get in, record what i need to and get out, ha!

i hear you on needing the snack, im working on changing my eating habits at night, its when i used to do a lot of my heavier eating, because i would wait til i was home from work (730pm) and cook and eat by around 830 and go to bed not long after.. so, today i ate before going to work, which is a lil early but, this way i dont have to eat so heavy at night.. Gemme said a good thing to do is not to eat 2 hours before bedtime, so thats something else i've been working on too..

it feels nice going to bed at night and not feeling so, full and blah like i was ha.. i think i will have a banana tonight too! =)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2011, 10:34 PM   #145
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,542 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
I think you'll like it sylvie....it's very simple. I'm doing the free version, so there's advertising (which I just ignore), but I figured out my way around in just a few minutes.

I was able to go in and see that I could have a glass of wine with my dinner, or a slice of garlic bread, but not both...unless I wanted to not have a snack with my meds before bed. For me, that snack is important....so I opted for wine and skipped the garlic bread.

You can also go in and enter your current weight, your goal weight (and date)...and it will tell you how many calories a day you need to target....which changes based on activity as well. Very, very cool.

So....I'm done for the day...except that I already calculated in a banana with my meds before bed.
One more thing that I have found very useful is the overview section. After you have several days/weeks entered you can start to step back and look at the big picture. That way if there is a "less than successful" day or three, you can see that it is not the tragedy you think it is and that overall you are still deserving a pat on the back.

I think this could really help to prevent the "well I crapped out for two days, might as well make it a week" syndrome.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2011, 11:25 PM   #146
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,808 Times in 25,672 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
I love to eat naked salads. It is amazing how good they taste without the dressing.

Andrea
I am impressed with you all who can do this. I'm not there and not sure if I'll ever be. I do try to make better options, though, with the dressings that I do choose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfembbw View Post
I like to mix a little yummy dressing with apple cider vinegar (very good for ya) or some other type of vinegar (like balsamic) or even one of the not as good low cal/no cal dressings.
Cider vinegar is excellent for those with blood sugar issues! Using it actually decreases the glycemic index of the food it's on, which is fantastic.

Quote:
*takes a deep breath* lol!!!
i was happy for the weight loss, but - it wasn't a good way.. this was some years ago, and my doctor found me out and stopped me.. i had a lot of stress in my life, and was in a very dark spot .. i'm also an emotional eater, which didn't help.. i dealt with the stress by binging & purging... sometimes just binging, and often just purging... not proud of that fact and caused me more problems than anything.. it's been what feels like a long road to overcome that... i worked myself to just binging for awhile, and then gained my 15 lbs back... almost instantly... i maintained that weight for awhile, but then the last couple of years, have gained even more of that weight back and that is because of my lack of eating healthy, my occasional break down and binge nights and of course, my emotional eating, diet soda habit i picked up and no exercise.. also, my mind was so messed up, i had days of binging, that i would beat myself up and have days of no eating at all, as a punishment to myself..

that's why it's so crucial now that i do this the right way.. i do well with not binging, purging and have really pushed passed that 'stinkin thinkin' pattern i had... i really excel on days that i'm eating healthy and days i'm exercising... i want to lose that weight all over again, but the proper way so that way i get it off and keep it off, by maintaining a healthy lifestyle.. it's almost like retraining my brain, (sounds strange) .. been a long journey for me to get this far, especially to even feel worthy of doing this for myself..

and it's extremely hard for me to admit this stuff, especially in a forum, lol.. but, one thing i've learned is by doing so, is keeping it real for me, helps me strive for better , i try not to be ashamed of what i was doing but to be proud of how far i've come with it.. i do admit i've had a few stressful nights over the years that i've punished myself by binging, but now, if something brings me that down - i distance it from my life as much as possible, i recognize it as something toxic for me..

wow, did i write a book or what...
i'm so sorry, once i get goin' sometimes i find it hard to stop, lol..
so sadly, that weight loss i achieved, i no longer see at all.. i've gained it all back over time, but i continually keep myself motivated to get on track and do everything possible to do this the right way, and be healthy because not only do i want to lose it and keep it off, but i want to make healthy choices because i love life, and the people in my life enough to wanna stick around.. heh...

wish i had an inspiring awesome weight loss story for you, lol.. *sad sigh* =(
now i'm going to walk away from the pc abit, because while this allows me to edit, i'm probably going to try and delete this post somehow because i get all paranoid about sharing this part of me - but its a good thing for me to put it out there like this.. for more reasons than one..

Just keep in mind you've come a long way. Don't get so focused on the destination that you don't enjoy the journey and don't minimize your progress along the way. You're doing great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
Hey Tommi,

I thought it was interesting that you said you felt like you were writing a food log. I was wondering if you do keep one. I know you know how to do research and this tool (food log) is something I have found to be a wealth of information. I was getting all wound up in emotional responses to what was happening around my eating until I depersonalized it through tracking. I don't know if it would work this way for anyone else but I found that once I was using a food tracker and started being able to see trends develop in easy graphs and charts somehow it just became "the data is what the data is" and I could start manipulating it with my actions and not get all hooked up on emotions. I don't have eating disorders per se, but am no stranger to addictive behavior. I was just surprised at how much this one little trick allowed me to take responsibility for my actions without beating myself up about it. There are a whole slew of programs out there, one probably as good as another; I use fitday.com but as long at it tracks macronutrient proportions and whatever else you want to see I don't think it matters. They should work with any eating program you are on.

Sounds like you are doing a great job of noticing what is wrong and taking the bull by the horns. Keep up the good work.
You're right. Food journals are excellent. I took a page from Jennifer's book and try to log how I'm feeling when I'm eating stuff and how full I am. I use a site to log my stuff into as well. I use thedailyplate dot com. It's a part of the Livestrong site. You can log your exercise, food intake, look at your nutrients for the day, see graphs of your progress, and it's free.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2011, 08:45 PM   #147
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Today was my monthly check-up/weigh in...

Everything but BP checked out fine. BP was a tad lower than usual (110/63) but doc is not too concerned.

The big news is that I lost 7 lbs over the last month! This is so exciting for me because for the last 3 months I have been on an extremely frustrating plateau.

Am a very happy little girl tonight!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2011, 08:48 PM   #148
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Since I began seriously working out (at least 3 hours a week in the gym) again and monitoring my food intake (journaling, thedailyplate.com, making conscious food choices, etc), I've lost 20 pounds.

It's my goal to continue to evade them.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2011, 08:52 PM   #149
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Since I began seriously working out (at least 3 hours a week in the gym) again and monitoring my food intake (journaling, thedailyplate.com, making conscious food choices, etc), I've lost 20 pounds.

WooHoo! Congratulations! All that hard work is really paying off!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2011, 07:29 PM   #150
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Yesterday I was unable to obtain my reward of choice for losing weight last month (a copy of Wanda Jackson's new cd). So today I did the next best thing - clothes shopping. I bought a pair of jeans...size 16...WooHoo!

I believe in rewarding myself for success in this journey. For the 130 lb loss I purchased a bracelet of amethysts and diamonds set in gold. It's my daily reminder of how far I have come and that I am indeed worth it!

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2011, 12:52 AM   #151
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,675 Times in 3,994 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I have been thinking I gained weight over the holiday because I have felt my body change over the holidays. I assumed since baking cookies, eating them and lack of physical activities accounted for my tummy roll. No. In fact at the Drs I found out I actually lost a pound. So, I am almost certain now that hernia repair did come undone and my stumach is back up in my my midsection, which accounts for my tummy roll, and the pain I am feeling there, and also is the reason why I almost black out when I bend ...it is pressing on my vegas nerve.

Amazing...I will know more on Monday but for now, I am a pound lighter and not as stressed about weight anymore..
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2011, 06:19 PM   #152
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Have to say I'm loving fitday.com I'm such a data-driven person that I love being able to see the breakdown of what I've eaten nutritionally as well as calories, fat, etc. I also love that I can put in a planned meal and see how it impacts the day before I eat it.

I'm eating about 1800 calories a day...which puts me on course to lose about 1.5 lbs a week. It's a healthy rate, and it's something I can stick with. I'm still doing my "one day off" each week....and this week it's tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it, not as a chance to eat myself sick, but just a day to relax, enjoy a few small indulgences and have fun...then back to it on Monday.

Wishing you all well
Old 01-29-2011, 07:52 PM   #153
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Default Random health thoughts....

Once the weight loss ball started rolling, I was able to loosen the ties a little. Now, I can indulge in a couple cookies or some candy and go on without it totally consuming me or spelling disaster for my diet. But I had to get myself beyond that point where I focused so much on the treat and whether I strayed or not from the 'plan'.

I'm a planner. I had a plan. My longer hours at work and my commute have significantly changed my plans and I think it's for the better. Instead of saying, "Here we go again...", my body screams, "Yessss!" when I work out now. I'm lucky to get in 3 days a week now, instead of 6-7 days. I am lucky to spend a couple of hours there each time instead of two hours being my minimum.

I think this is a good break for me. Next month, I should have someone else at my store, so I won't be the only one working there. I can go back to working out more. Also, Ebon changed his work schedule to be more cohesive with mine and we're going to switch to evening workouts, which I tend to loathe. That's going to be another jolt to my system.

All of these changes have added up to something good. I know life gets in the way for all of us at one point or another in time. I used to see that as a strictly bad thing. Not anymore. Change is what you make of it. I don't obsess about working out so much anymore and my workouts feel richer when I do them now. I appreciate them more. I still log my food intake and I still try to keep in mind the potential ramifications of the things that I do and eat, but it's shifted a little left of center now and I think that that is a good thing for me, especially with the stress I have at work. The last thing I need is to be hard on myself when I'm already carrying a heavy load.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2011, 09:15 AM   #154
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

I'm officially in love with fitday.com (thanks again Kelt!)

Also, had my first coaching call today for the weight loss program courtesy of my company. They love incentives, so if I talk to this guy 5 times they put $100 on my HSA account. Love it!

My new breakfast...coffee, grapefruit (whole one...yummy), Quaker high fiber instant oatmeal. I know it's not as healthy as the real stuff, but it's fast and my mornings are busy. It's also 10 grams of fiber, which is a good thing. Total calorie count ....255. Yeah baby.

I've lost 4 lbs. That means I'm right on target with my 1.5 - 2 lb. a week goal.

Yesterday was my "day off"...and I went swimming, soaked in a jacuzzi, went down the water slide a couple times, laid in the sun...and ate nachos (which I'd been craving), a little chocolate, small chicken caesar salad for dinner....and still maintained the weight loss. Gotta' love that.

Now it's 6 days of 1800 calories a day....and then another freebie. I like this system....I never feel like I'm too restricted, and if there's something I really want then I know I can have it, even if I might have to wait a few days.

Hope you're all doing well on your goals!
Old 01-31-2011, 09:56 AM   #155
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

I'm going to a weight loss doctor this afternoon for meal plans and some support system in place plus they have supplemments that you take in conjunction with your diet plan I will let you know the details as they follow..
Old 01-31-2011, 09:59 AM   #156
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,442 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

Woohoo and congrats Jo Jo!!!!

I learned the formula this morning on how to figure out how much protein we are supposed to have!

It goes like this: your current weight divided by 2.2kg's= how many kilograms of weight

Multiply the above number by 0.8g's = how many grams of protein.

I'm off to figure my amount and I will be right back!

Zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
I'm officially in love with fitday.com (thanks again Kelt!)

Also, had my first coaching call today for the weight loss program courtesy of my company. They love incentives, so if I talk to this guy 5 times they put $100 on my HSA account. Love it!

My new breakfast...coffee, grapefruit (whole one...yummy), Quaker high fiber instant oatmeal. I know it's not as healthy as the real stuff, but it's fast and my mornings are busy. It's also 10 grams of fiber, which is a good thing. Total calorie count ....255. Yeah baby.

I've lost 4 lbs. That means I'm right on target with my 1.5 - 2 lb. a week goal.

Yesterday was my "day off"...and I went swimming, soaked in a jacuzzi, went down the water slide a couple times, laid in the sun...and ate nachos (which I'd been craving), a little chocolate, small chicken caesar salad for dinner....and still maintained the weight loss. Gotta' love that.

Now it's 6 days of 1800 calories a day....and then another freebie. I like this system....I never feel like I'm too restricted, and if there's something I really want then I know I can have it, even if I might have to wait a few days.

Hope you're all doing well on your goals!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2011, 10:06 AM   #157
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:

Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

Here is my numbers...

165lbs divided by 2.2 kg's = 75kg

75kg's x 0.8 = 60 grams of protein per day.

I also found out, since I omit red meat from my diet that I am a vegetarian.

I'm loving this nutrition class!!!

Zimmy
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2011, 10:38 AM   #158
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

i fell off the wagon, sort of.. lol..
still exercising, just not like i was..
still eating well, just not as careful..

i feel a difference in my mood, i need to pick myself back up again, before i fall into old patterns..

today is all about the water..
getting 8 glasses of water into me today !
also, going to hop on the elliptical here soon and get myself moving --

no downspiralling this time, i'm not letting it happen!
You are all doing sooo well! Keep it up, i'll be back there with ya's soon!

<---- stubborn gal with some helpful pushes from friends! (thank you)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2011, 07:35 PM   #159
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimmygLrL View Post
Here is my numbers...

165lbs divided by 2.2 kg's = 75kg

75kg's x 0.8 = 60 grams of protein per day.

I also found out, since I omit red meat from my diet that I am a vegetarian.

I'm loving this nutrition class!!!

Zimmy
Thanks, Zimmy!

I need 50, according to the formula.

Quote:

i fell off the wagon, sort of.. lol..
still exercising, just not like i was..
still eating well, just not as careful..

i feel a difference in my mood, i need to pick myself back up again, before i fall into old patterns..

today is all about the water..
getting 8 glasses of water into me today !
also, going to hop on the elliptical here soon and get myself moving --

no downspiralling this time, i'm not letting it happen!
You are all doing sooo well! Keep it up, i'll be back there with ya's soon!

<---- stubborn gal with some helpful pushes from friends! (thank you)
We all have our backslides and down moments. You're doing great. Acknowledge what's going on (check), make a plan to get back on track (check), and execute plan (check?).

I had dinner out with my honey last night. I knew I was going to be a little 'bad' but I figured I'd balance some of the less nutritious stuff with good, wholesome green stuff.

Eh.

I woke up feeling like crap this morning. My tummy was NOT happy with what I gave it to gnosh on. I felt kind of icky right after I ate it too, so I knew my body was going to have a 'talking to' with me eventually.

For the record, I *DID* have a small Caesar salad with the dressing (which was a vinaigrette, not a creamy dressing) on the side and I dipped my fork in it then speared a couple of forkfuls of romaine with it. So, I was good there. I also had steamed asparagus with pepper and lemon juice on it. Even the sweet potato fries weren't too bad. They weren't greasy at all and were a small portion.

Where I went wrong was the second fried green tomato and the order of fried oysters. Every year or so I get a craving for fried oysters. I saw them on the menu and *boink* went the craving.

No, change that. The tomatoes weren't too bad, if that was it. It was the oysters. After dinner, the batter left a pasty taste in my mouth. I really don't eat a lot of fried foods anymore. Fries or shrimp here and there, but not anything else really. Days like last night and this morning remind me why. The longer I stay away from it, the harsher the effects on my body when I do indulge.

So, I strayed and my body reigned me back in check. Ebon and I are contemplating dining out again and are trying to pick a place that's got a kinder, gentler menu.

And the next time we go HERE, I'll get the salmon or tilapia.

Oh! I also had strawberry rhubarb pie ala mode, but there was NOTHING bad or wrong with that.

I'm misunderestimated.

Last edited by Gemme; 01-31-2011 at 07:38 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2011, 08:24 PM   #160
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:

Congrats Gemme!!!! Soon you and I will be both have skinny jeans in our closets!!!

Have a good night,

Zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post: