Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,551 Times in 1,456 Posts
Sun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
That is something I alluded to earlier, but didn't say clearly. I have found that if one item of a certain brand fits me, other items might, too. Like I said earlier, Calvin Klein works for my dress clothes. Sleeve length is the biggest barrier for me when it comes to dress clothes and Calvin Klein fits the bill.

I like things to be really simple. I like to get in and get out. I find a brand or two that fits my build and then can feel confident in buying. No doubt this isn't for sure in all cases, but it is something to stick in the back of your mind after finding something that works for you. Since the Calvin Klein polo shirt fit Bully so well, belle, you may want to not only go back to Calvin Klein when you need another polo shirt, but consider if the rest of the clothing line would fit her well, too.

ETA: I saw one or two butch clothing lines on the web before. One, was custom made clothing...ummmm, no. The other had only a handle of pieces, none of which I was attracted to. I think we are still waiting...

Some Calving Klein button down shirts work for me too. The sleeve lengths can be challenging for me with many brands. CK t-shirts I have had good luck with. Fitted button downs wind up becoming an option and the Mens Wearhouse always has sleeve lengths that work for me.

Jeans were a problem in the past but with so many low rise options they are the least of my concern now.

“Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along.”
― Rumi

Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sun For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2012, 07:19 PM   #282
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Sun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
I like these a lot. I think it is difficult to find an attractive brown for belts and shoes, and I like this one.

In terms of shape I love them as well, but they are a bit long. They would make my feet appear to big. I am not sure how to make this make sense...one can have a similar style of shoe (and I do), but it not look as elongated as this. The elongation is what does not look attractive on me.
I have a pair just like this, same style and color but different manufacturer.
What I found is that they are sized well so I would say give them a try and if they do not work for you, you can always return them. Zappo's is great about returns.

This color is hard to match with a belt. I am still looking.

― Rumi

Old 11-20-2012, 07:20 PM   #283
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun View Post
Hey ruff,

Check the company website to see where they sell their clothing.

Also check Ebay, a lot of retailers sell new clothing through there.
Thanks Sun. I wasn't looking for that specific brand. Guess I should have noted that. Hell Kmart, Walmart, Target is good by me. I just like that type of vest jacket. I've noticed it on some guys and I like it! I'll do a search on vest jacket and go from there but if anyone seen them at any stores holla at me. Thanks!
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2012, 08:14 PM   #284
laruss

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She or Goddess
Relationship Status:
Settled in

Thanked 5,328 Times in 1,045 Posts
laruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputation
Default I Googled Butch Clothing

- The Butch Clothing Company - Wedding suits for gay women
www.thebutchclothingcompany.co.uk/

HAUTEBUTCH ~ Fierce Butch Fashions
www.hautebutch.com/

BÜTCH Clothing Co | Archive | Butch Clothing Co
www.butchclothingco.com

Women's Clothes that look like Men's Clothes
www.karouselmag.com

www.theprofessorisin.com/

www.zazzle.com/butch+tshirts

www.butchwonders.com/1/category/clothes/1.html

Fashion - Category: 1 - Butch Wonders
www.butchwonders.com/1/category/fashion/1.html

clothing « Butch Style
www.butchstyle.wordpress.com/category/clothing/
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to laruss For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2012, 11:17 AM   #285
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

I really like this

Affliction T

with these

Deisel Jeans

and these

Harness Boots

and this

Bracelet

― Rumi

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sun For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2012, 11:24 AM   #286
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Default Robes

I have this and it is one of my favorite pieces of clothing. Really nice smooth, soft cotton. Lightweight enough for hot summer days or steamy nights in front of a roaring fire with someone who is raising the temperature in the room.

Polo Robe

― Rumi

The Following User Says Thank You to Sun For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2012, 11:28 AM   #287
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by laruss View Post
HAUTEBUTCH ~ Fierce Butch Fashions
www.hautebutch.com/
I appreciate the links and want to comment on this one.

They lost me on the first intro line:

"Hautebutch defines the Butch aesthetic and lifestyle"

I do not think that any company should assume to be able to do
just that. Rather I think that individualism is sexy and attractive.

― Rumi

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sun For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2012, 08:24 PM   #288
Duchess

How Do You Identify?:
Absolute Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Toe curling :-)

2 Highscores

Thanked 5,590 Times in 1,521 Posts
Duchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST Reputation
Default Love the clothes and hair!!

Old 12-17-2012, 08:50 AM   #289
Metro

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,915 Times in 733 Posts
Metro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST Reputation

My boots for a snowy day like today... since my feet are too small to wear Men's shoes, I shop in the Boys dept at Marshall's. Found these there - yay.
Metro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Metro For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2012, 09:47 AM   #290
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,378 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro View Post
My boots for a snowy day like today... since my feet are too small to wear Men's shoes, I shop in the Boys dept at Marshall's. Found these there - yay.
Hey Metro these look great.

I also have feet that make it so that I can't shop the mens shoe department because I come in at a women's size 8ish which translates into a EU 39-40 or a mens 7 and the stores only stock down to a size 8.

I don't know your shoe size, but my whole shoe world (fetish) changed when Zappos.com opened. I can now shop literally thousands of mens shoes online and their customer experience is fantastic. Depending on brand, I frequently see down to a size 6 and most half sizes too.

One thing that I did at first was read a lot of the reviews to see what people said about fit. Sometimes a manufacturer runs a half size small or something like that. I also wear orthotics and have to buy shoes that can accommodate that. Not much of a problem, I have settled into about 4 really large companies that offer a lot of range in style and meet my needs in my price range. Shoe shopping has gone from pain in the arse to hella fun.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2012, 10:09 AM   #291
Metro

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,915 Times in 733 Posts
Metro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
Hey Metro these look great.

I also have feet that make it so that I can't shop the mens shoe department because I come in at a women's size 8ish which translates into a EU 39-40 or a mens 7 and the stores only stock down to a size 8.

I don't know your shoe size, but my whole shoe world (fetish) changed when Zappos.com opened. I can now shop literally thousands of mens shoes online and their customer experience is fantastic. Depending on brand, I frequently see down to a size 6 and most half sizes too.

One thing that I did at first was read a lot of the reviews to see what people said about fit. Sometimes a manufacturer runs a half size small or something like that. I also wear orthotics and have to buy shoes that can accommodate that. Not much of a problem, I have settled into about 4 really large companies that offer a lot of range in style and meet my needs in my price range. Shoe shopping has gone from pain in the arse to hella fun.
Thx, Kelt. Yes, I also shop online from time-to-time but sometimes just prefer to try on w/out the wait. To add to your suggestion, I enjoy Aldoshoes.com (they also have retail stores) and they offer many Mens styles in smaller sizes. I wear US Womens size 7; Euro 37-1/2 or 38 ... a size really hard to find in Mens styles. So, sometimes I can find that size or just end up trying the Boys dept for shoes with the appropriate proportion -- altho some Boys shoes look too baby/chunky for my taste.
Metro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:39 PM   #292
Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,118 Times in 501 Posts
Nadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST Reputation

I found an article about clothing designed for butches. Apparently, there are several companies opening up that are designed for butch women, trans men, and other interested parties. This article mentions the three biggest ones. From what I read in the article, these three companies are doing business suits and formal wear. Hopefully, this helps a person or three out, here. http://www.butchwonders.com/1/post/2...es-really.html
Nadeest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nadeest For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2013, 11:45 PM   #293
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post

<snip> Shoe shopping has gone from pain in the arse to hella fun.
Hiya Kelt

I also love Zappos. They have excellent customer service and a fabulous selection. If the size is off the return shipping is free. As crazy as it is, I lust after shoes and boots.

And a Harley.

LOL

― Rumi

Old 01-05-2013, 11:51 PM   #294
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

When I shop online I get annoyed when the company does not list the content of fabric. I like to know what the fabric is made of. Especially if its something like boxer briefs. A percentage of lycra or spandex is useful sometimes and other times I want 100% cotton. Some items, such as dress shirts have fabric content listed as a norm. Not sure whats up lately with some other items.

― Rumi

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sun For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2013, 11:59 PM   #295
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Steve Madden Troopah

Loving the vintage feel.

― Rumi

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sun For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2013, 09:38 PM   #296
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

I just spent a ridiculous amount of time looking for a Harley Davidson wallet with chain that I own, online and realized that they no longer make my model. Wow real genius here.

Interesting however, there are a ton of knockoffs online.

Scary.

The real deal = quality of the leather & the quality of the high gloss chrome chain is unmistakable. Hot.

― Rumi

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sun For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2013, 09:50 PM   #297
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Shopping for a bike I am in a Harley mood...

love this shirt

― Rumi

Old 01-17-2013, 09:54 PM   #298
TheMerryFairy

How Do You Identify?:
Pansexual/Sapiosexual femmey dyke who likes to crossdress now and then
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her OR ze if I'm crossdressing
Relationship Status:
Floating and walking My path, happy in life.

Thanked 8,694 Times in 2,987 Posts
TheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Shopping for a bike I am in a Harley mood...

love this shirt
Are you ACTUALLY getting a bike? There's nothing quite like that feeling. Hot!
TheMerryFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheMerryFairy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2013, 09:57 PM   #299
TheMerryFairy

How Do You Identify?:
Pansexual/Sapiosexual femmey dyke who likes to crossdress now and then
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her OR ze if I'm crossdressing
Relationship Status:
Floating and walking My path, happy in life.

Thanked 8,694 Times in 2,987 Posts
TheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST Reputation

TheMerryFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TheMerryFairy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2013, 09:59 PM   #300
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,892 Times in 5,770 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I just spent a ridiculous amount of time looking for a Harley Davidson wallet with chain that I own, online and realized that they no longer make my model. Wow real genius here.

Interesting however, there are a ton of knockoffs online.

Scary.

The real deal = quality of the leather & the quality of the high gloss chrome chain is unmistakable. Hot.
I would watch eBay to see if one becomes available. Since it is no longer made, people probably are selling them.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: