Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 08-01-2012, 12:51 PM   #141
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubus View Post
Hello there kindlers

I promised I'd buy myself a kindle when/if I reached six months sobriety. Well the goal has been achieved and I want my kindle but can't decide which one. The entry level one or the touch screen. Does anyone have any experience of one or both of the new kindles? What can you tell me that might swing me one way or t'other?

Ta ever so in advance
I have the Touch and I don't see what's so great about it. I would have gotten the original one if I had planned ahead
Old 08-01-2012, 02:01 PM   #142
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
old-fashioned queer stone submissive girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
mermaid, *very* lucky babygirl
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Thanked 6,116 Times in 1,726 Posts
gotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Hello there kindlers

I promised I'd buy myself a kindle when/if I reached six months sobriety. Well the goal has been achieved and I want my kindle but can't decide which one. The entry level one or the touch screen. Does anyone have any experience of one or both of the new kindles? What can you tell me that might swing me one way or t'other?

Ta ever so in advance
guess it depends on what all you want to be able to do with it. i can't imagine being without my Fire - it has saved me a few times - but then again i don't have any other pad things. if i did, would probably be ok without all the extras. pretty colors, games, music, netflix & browsing web, on top of the books. i dont know anything about the older versions though. good luck choosing!

gotoseagrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2012, 02:55 PM   #143
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Hello there kindlers

Ta ever so in advance
I have the Touch and I love it. The battery time lasts for a long time as long as I remember to turn WiFi off when I have finished shopping for books or games. If camping or otherwise reading where light is non-existent or limited, one can see the screen quite well with a small flashlight or a clip-on light. I can't tell you personally if it's better than the original one, or less great than the Fire. I can tell you that I made the decision to get the Touch over the Original one because the Touch has both WiFi and 3-G. The way I made my decision was to weed through the many reviews for each on Amazon. Good luck.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2012, 05:37 PM   #144
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Anybody else psyched about the new Paperwhite? I am all over this thing.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:37 PM   #145
LadyRain

How Do You Identify?:
StoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey You.!!
Relationship Status:
very stuck...

LadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST Reputation

The KoBo reader is bigger then the kindle fire, i like the interface better. it runs any android app you want, and comes in................PINKandsky blue!!!!!
Old 09-15-2012, 06:33 AM   #146
Daktari

That Paperwhite for the KTouch looks like a winner. If only it was for the entry level K too. I use a small led headlight for reading in low light. To be fair, I don't care if I look a bit odd reading whilst wearing a head light.

After reading all the reviews and taking into account what folks here and elsewhere said I bought the entry level version. The reasons being I wanted physical page turning buttons and to avoid any frustrations of accidentally turning pages by touch the screen. Anyhoo, I lurve my Kindle.

I hoped I might like the Hunger Games Trilogy and in retrospect think it wasn't worth the time I devoted to it.

Currently working my way through the lovely easy reading P.Cornwell, Scarpetta books again...a history of the Tour de France...Henry VIII Mistresses and the Tudor Housewife.

Looking forward to reading today's Kindle Daily Deal - The Pilo Family Circus.

I love that I can take lots of books out with me to satisfy my gnat like attention span.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2012, 07:31 AM   #147
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I'm VERY excited about the new larger HD Kindle coming out in Nov. I'm not sure I need the 4G since I normally am on wifi when I read or play with Kindle, however at 49.00 a year you can't beat it. I got a Kindle fire right when they first came out. I love it. I use it all the time. I will get the new one, especially excited about dolby sound because I use spotify on it all the time. I'm giving my old Fire to my 19 month old granddaughter who has learned to navigate it quite well to find HER APPS and games.
Sachita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 04:28 PM   #148
SugarFemme

How Do You Identify?:
*Fierce Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Singular

Thanked 4,463 Times in 854 Posts
SugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST Reputation

I have the Kindle Touch, but am also getting the new Kindle Fire HD any day now. It's a freebie!! So I got very lucky. Has anyone gotten theirs yet? What do you think? I'm getting the standard 7" one.
SugarFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SugarFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2012, 11:08 AM   #149
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,131 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Anyone need a little sexy reading? http://bit.ly/UpSn3A is byPaisley Smith. It's Civil War era lesbian erotica. Butch/Femme, y'all!and only .99. There's a sequel as well but you should read this one first.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:18 AM   #150
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Anyone find random errors on Kindle books? Like, I have read 3 books in the last month that all had some kind grammatical or EEK, a spelling error!
It's generally not a big deal but is definitely distracting!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2012, 10:26 AM   #151
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,131 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Anyone find random errors on Kindle books? Like, I have read 3 books in the last month that all had some kind grammatical or EEK, a spelling error!
It's generally not a big deal but is definitely distracting!

Self-pubbed books are bad for that. I get annoyed because it is often a case of a lazy writer. I am having my non-fiction professionally edited now. And I expect thate there will still be errors.

Even professionally edited books have things sneak through. Best error ever?

"He rolled over and pulled up the sheep."
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2012, 10:30 AM   #152
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen View Post
Self-pubbed books are bad for that. I get annoyed because it is often a case of a lazy writer. I am having my non-fiction professionally edited now. And I expect thate there will still be errors.

Even professionally edited books have things sneak through. Best error ever?

"He rolled over and pulled up the sheep."

HAHA! I found one in a book the other day that is by a well-known power-author (with 30 books on the best seller list over the years). It went something like:

The beings creped up the stares.

Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2013, 07:37 AM   #153
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Thanked 4,721 Times in 1,270 Posts
Scorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST Reputation
Default Kindle Fiyahhh HD!!!

Hi Folks,

I got a Kindle Fire HD 8.9 - 16GB for Xmas and I'm in loooove!!! I am addicted to this piece of modern technology. I'm a huge gamer and the graphics are amazing.

Prior to the HD version I received, I had a regular Kindle Fire 7" inch screen which was pretty good, but...the HD is amazing. I have some pretty cool games/apps and if anyone is interested in knowing what they and want to give them a try let me know.

Happy Kindling!!

-Scorp-
Scorp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scorp For This Useful Post:

Tags
ebook, kindle