Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 08-16-2011, 01:01 PM   #1041
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentle Tiger View Post
RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!
TAKE COVER PEOPLE!

I have added as in went back and got more salad to my plate to go with the barracuda I thawed out (caught it myself). Fun to catch and good to eat. And my refrigerator is full of fruits and vegetables for salads and my juicer. There is no Pepsi.

I have got to find that Apocalypse thread that I think Medusa started.

Point Me in the same direction ~ I think its happening to Me too

Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2011, 01:07 PM   #1042
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Thanked 4,721 Times in 1,270 Posts
Scorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST Reputation

Tap, tap, tap...Now HARE this:

Scorp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Scorp For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2011, 01:09 PM   #1043
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

Oh. My. God ........ and a GREY hare at that

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2011, 01:33 PM   #1044
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Whatever you do, don't pluck it or two more will grow in it's place!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2011, 01:36 PM   #1045
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

That just would not do

Old 08-16-2011, 01:36 PM   #1046
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Thanked 4,721 Times in 1,270 Posts
Scorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST Reputation

Ut Oh....Houston we have a problem. Cuz I plucked about 5 out and look what happened!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Whatever you do, don't pluck it or two more will grow in it's place!
Scorp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scorp For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2011, 01:38 PM   #1047
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Okay remind Me to NEVER pluck

The Following User Says Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2011, 01:40 PM   #1048
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Scorp - That looks like a facial Merkin.

just sayin'
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2011, 01:46 PM   #1049
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

I'm still checking into walk in clinics and waiting for the doctor to call Me back but I've been drinking nothing but water for the last hour or so and I've noticed some of the swelling going down ............ its a start but I'm still gonna see a doctor regardless!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2011, 01:56 PM   #1050
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

Hello everybody! I'm glad to see some positive thoughts and words here.. Good job! Keep it up; keep healthy! So I started on a diet today and here is what I'm eating/drinking.

Breakfast: 1 grissini breadstick, coffee, stevia
Lunch: (just had and was delish!) can tuna, cherry tomatoes
Snack: Apple
Dinner: Chicken breast, green beans
Snack: Strawberries

water already 26 ounces and ready to go get me a huge ice tea!
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2011, 02:03 PM   #1051
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I need ya boo, gotta see ya boo

Thanked 13,087 Times in 3,051 Posts
PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation

I had the day from hell yesterday, so I'm thinking I'm just gonna throw some chicken breasts on the George Foreman tonight for dinner. I've got some fresh green beans & a few red potatos that I'm gonna make, too.

I've still got plenty of points left for the day, so I'm gonna reward myself with a glass of red wine... it's been FOREVER! I deserve a damn 4 point glass of wine!
PinkieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2011, 02:14 PM   #1052
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
I'm still checking into walk in clinics and waiting for the doctor to call Me back but I've been drinking nothing but water for the last hour or so and I've noticed some of the swelling going down ............ its a start but I'm still gonna see a doctor regardless!

Do you take insulin for the diabetes (if thats not too personal?)

I'm not a nurse, so I'm not giving a diagnosis. I have a heart problem that requires me to pay attention to it always. The fluid that is in you ankles is a huge warning to you, that you are retaining fluid. Fluid retention can squeeze your heart . Thats what happened to me. It is also a sign that maybe your kidneys are failing.....you have diabetes, you are already taxing the poor kidneys. Where does your back hurt at? Top near the shoulders? or at the waistband? Have you told these telephone answer'ers that you have a potential medical emergency going on here? This is not DRAMA..........

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2011, 02:18 PM   #1053
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I need ya boo, gotta see ya boo

Thanked 13,087 Times in 3,051 Posts
PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation

I almost forgot 'till just now...

Yesterday, I was wearing a pair of capri pants that have been getting pretty baggy. So, I channeled Medusa's mojo **smile** and was able to pull my pants off & on WITHOUT unbuttoning or unzipping them! WOOHOO!

Guess what, 2nd pair of pants ~ did it again today
PinkieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2011, 02:24 PM   #1054
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow band
Do you take insulin for the diabetes (if thats not too personal?)

I'm not a nurse, so I'm not giving a diagnosis. I have a heart problem that requires me to pay attention to it always. The fluid that is in you ankles is a huge warning to you, that you are retaining fluid. Fluid retention can squeeze your heart . Thats what happened to me. It is also a sign that maybe your kidneys are failing.....you have diabetes, you are already taxing the poor kidneys. Where does your back hurt at? Top near the shoulders? or at the waistband? Have you told these telephone answer'ers that you have a potential medical emergency going on here? This is not DRAMA..........

The first woman I talked to is a nurse, so she would have known what I was going through and the second woman was only the receptionist but I told them how concerned I was about things. I'm not on insulin but I am on pills for the diabetes, metformin is what its called ~ I'm thankful that I don't need insulin but I have to change things now or it may come to that if I'm not more careful. My back hurts near just above the rear end, I know alot of that is the fat around My middle is what's straining My back. I'm drinking more water and the swelling is starting to go down; its a start but I still have a long way to go ~ the changes that I'm making today are only just the beginning!!!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2011, 02:25 PM   #1055
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Thanked 4,133 Times in 1,079 Posts
Thinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST Reputation

Per Angie's request yesterday... This is what I have had so far today.

Coffee - 1 pt.
V8 - 1 pt.
Whey protein shake w/strawberries & banana - 3 pts.
Greek yogurt (plain, non-fat) w/blueberries & Special K granola - 4 pts.

Brown rice w/non-fat refried beans & spicy diced tomatoes - 7 pts.

...and about 24 ounces of water

Let me tell you about my rice and beans. I use the Success brown rice bags and a can of whatever beans.......for me, usually black beans (low-sodium, rinsed off) or Rosarita non-fat refried beans. I like pinto beans w/jalapenos too!

I mix in 1/2 can of some sort of spicy diced tomatoes and heat the beans.

I put half of the cooked rice in a bowl and put half of the beans in with it. This makes two good-sized bowls, so I save one for the next day.

Aside from the fiber and protein benefits, it's a VERY filling dish for when you want to feel full but don't want a whole meal or don't feel like preparing food.

I've also had it in smaller portions as a side dish with grilled chicken breasts and some sort of green veggie.
Old 08-16-2011, 02:34 PM   #1056
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

[QUOTE=Matthew;399832]The first woman I talked to is a nurse, so she would have known what I was going through and the second woman was only the receptionist but I told them how concerned I was about things.QUOTE]

Well, that makes me feel better that you at least spoke with a nurse. Hey Mathew....what goes in, must come out......and not the color of coke-a -cola.....too much water may not be good either....if you are retaining fluid. Well your kidneys are where your waist band is......and you've been mentioning back pain for several days. Salt, hidden salts like sodium (gatorade) those are no good for heart patients. UUUGH, I wish I'd see the words I'm going to the Dr!

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2011, 02:39 PM   #1057
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,497 Times in 1,639 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apretty View Post
E and I had such a busy weekend that we didn't get to our normal food-shopping!

I work a few hours longer today so E's going to stop after work and get us some things that are our basics, for me those include

chocolate soy (for my coffee every morning in lieu of cream)
low fat cottage cheese (from costco, I usually go through a big container in about 10 days!)
a variety of fruits (E doesn't do melon besides watermelon but I like all kinds)
a variety of vegetables

My everyday cereal is Special K red berries (lower points than Go Lean Kashi)

I've been a bad tracker and have been losing weight with only mild success because I haven't stuck with the plan 100%--I am about at 50% some days I am at 10% on plan. So, I am down 12 lbs and would love to see that 15 lb weight loss (and get another gold star!!!!!!) but I am coasting and each time I brace myself at the scale, thinking that I am going to gain, I am down .8 or .12 of a pound and feel like I've really got one over on someone or dodged a bullet. Which sounds silly because I am not in a race, but *fat*, while can be chocked full of wholesome goodness--I find that mine is chocked full of a range of highly-charged emotions and a part of the stage for my personal, human drama and I appear to be committed to clinging to every pound that I am trying to lose in ways that I don't yet fully accept or recognize.

So, how do you let go of a part of you that you have spent so long identifying with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
WORD. My answer is: I don't know yet.

The fat girl in me is beloved. On purpose and with vigor. Politically and emotionally. Because I've worked at it for years and because it is a sign that I reject the negativity, body hatred, sexism, beauty-ism, and bag of your basic "fucked up shit" that our Mothers and Fathers and the World has handed to us.

She is proof that I am strong. To be fat in this world requires that. She is proof that I have and will continue to survive. That I reject all of that fuckery.

It is a little unnerving to me that a smaller body will have such huge meaning for me and how I move in the world. I am apprehensive about people violating my personal space. I am apprehensive about receiving more unwanted attention than I already get. I am apprehensive about being more visible.

I feel safe in my fat body. Insulated. Strong. Unrepentant. Audacious. I don't want to stop feeling that way. So I'll have to do more work when I thought my "work" here was done. After all, I climbed the mountain of body shame and staked my blinding pink flag at the top and flipped the giant bird out across the horizon. A big ass "fuck you" to what I had to climb over and through to get there. And now? Im looking out over that valley and seeing more scary work ahead. Harder work maybe. And I'm hearing the echoes of "You'll never be acceptable no matter what size you are".

I am finding it a huge battle to let go of my control issues with food.
My personal stuff centers around not having control for a long time and gaining control by being able to choose (with reckless abandon) what I put in my piehole. Being out of control is being IN control for me.

And now, I feel like I have to give that control over to the part of me who wants to be more conscious, who wants to drive the bus for awhile, who says that being an eating machine is no longer acceptable.
Adult me is telling baby me that it's time to wave goodbye now.

I think I'll still be here when I'm smaller. (not in the thread, but here, in this body) The me who did the work. The me who identified with the fat and made it her own.
The reality is that the work I did is not going to just go away because my ass is smaller. I'll still need to reconnect with my body, I'll just have better tools to do it.
These posts are Amaze Sauce!!!!!
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Queerasfck For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2011, 02:46 PM   #1058
Gentle Tiger

How Do You Identify?:
As a Tiger of course
Preferred Pronoun?:
Not the Old Man
Relationship Status:
Two Tigers

Thanked 15,995 Times in 3,996 Posts
Gentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkieLee View Post
I almost forgot 'till just now...

Yesterday, I was wearing a pair of capri pants that have been getting pretty baggy. So, I channeled Medusa's mojo **smile** and was able to pull my pants off & on WITHOUT unbuttoning or unzipping them! WOOHOO!

Guess what, 2nd pair of pants ~ did it again today
You Go Girl!

PinkieLee Rocks!

Gentle Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gentle Tiger For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2011, 02:49 PM   #1059
Gentle Tiger

How Do You Identify?:
As a Tiger of course
Preferred Pronoun?:
Not the Old Man
Relationship Status:
Two Tigers

Thanked 15,995 Times in 3,996 Posts
Gentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzeeTiger View Post
These posts are Amaze Sauce!!!!!
~~~~Ditto~~~~

Gentle Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gentle Tiger For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2011, 02:55 PM   #1060
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

Your rice and beans sound delicious!

Thank you for sharing!

Zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinker View Post
Per Angie's request yesterday... This is what I have had so far today.

Coffee - 1 pt.
V8 - 1 pt.
Whey protein shake w/strawberries & banana - 3 pts.
Greek yogurt (plain, non-fat) w/blueberries & Special K granola - 4 pts.

Brown rice w/non-fat refried beans & spicy diced tomatoes - 7 pts.

...and about 24 ounces of water

Let me tell you about my rice and beans. I use the Success brown rice bags and a can of whatever beans.......for me, usually black beans (low-sodium, rinsed off) or Rosarita non-fat refried beans. I like pinto beans w/jalapenos too!

I mix in 1/2 can of some sort of spicy diced tomatoes and heat the beans.

I put half of the cooked rice in a bowl and put half of the beans in with it. This makes two good-sized bowls, so I save one for the next day.

Aside from the fiber and protein benefits, it's a VERY filling dish for when you want to feel full but don't want a whole meal or don't feel like preparing food.

I've also had it in smaller portions as a side dish with grilled chicken breasts and some sort of green veggie.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post: