Notices

Old 11-13-2010, 10:11 AM   #4621
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

This quote from the Dalai Lama was part of my morning meditation today:

"I think when tragic things happen, it is on the surface. It's like the ocean. On the surface a wave comes, and sometimes the wave is very serious and strong. But it comes and goes, comes and goes, and underneath the ocean always remains calm."

As I was considering his words, I saw two things in my mind. The first (and immediate) was of the owls that live in the woods outside my apartment. They were sitting in the trees and the wind was blowing hard enough to significantly move the feathers on their respective breasts. The wind was so strong the trees were rocking back and forth. Yet, despite this disruption, the owls remained steadfast on their branches, eyes closed, patiently waiting for the wind to pass. The owls were at peace with the situation.

The second was a field of tall grass. Again the wind was blowing very hard, pushing the grass halfway to the ground. When the wind subsided the grass was upright again. Its roots held firm and kept the grass from being blown away.

From these I took the lesson that no matter what happens I will have peace, even in the worst of times, if I stay grounded.

Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2010, 10:53 AM   #4622
little_ms_sunshyne

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 12,242 Times in 2,540 Posts
little_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputation

A delicious dream I had. DARN IT! Why did I have to wake up Stupid internal clock!
little_ms_sunshyne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to little_ms_sunshyne For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2010, 12:24 PM   #4623
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

I no longer believe sexuality is innate; I think its mutable.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 01:20 PM   #4624
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

I am so tired of being spammed in my texts these past 3 days
It's like someone opened the hatch and they just keep coming
I've gotten more in the middle of the night than during the day
Someone needs to put these people or bots on a short leash and yank hard

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2010, 05:07 PM   #4625
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

$3 appliances at Target on Black Friday
Old 11-13-2010, 09:41 PM   #4626
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Thanked 13,995 Times in 3,685 Posts
JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

At peace tonight!
Old 11-13-2010, 09:57 PM   #4627
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

French toast and Canine Ethology
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 10:50 PM   #4628
Sam
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 2/11/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
I'll let you know

Sam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST Reputation

that sweet voice, whispering sweet nothings.
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 05:11 AM   #4629
asphaltcowboi

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
HAPPY

7 Highscores

Thanked 3,297 Times in 1,042 Posts
asphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputation

that south dakota isnt very far south and north carolina isnt very far north and that calif should be devided into two states because north and south are very diffrent
asphaltcowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to asphaltcowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2010, 01:45 PM   #4630
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

That my bed is much to comfortable to be getting out of.
Old 11-14-2010, 03:21 PM   #4631
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

I need to get some thermal or insulated boots/shoes asap. I have one pair and they work well but are not really appropriate for the office. Back in January I had superficial frostbite on both feet and it left them very sensitive to the cold. Now that the consistent warm weather has left my office will pretty much stay cold. I have a small heater that warms everything but my feet. Once my feet get cold I can't get them warmed up for a long, long time, so I need to do as much as possible to make sure they don't get cold. Perhaps thermal silk socks/liners?

If anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them.
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 03:26 PM   #4632
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

I am thinking that sometimes I really wish there was a button that would turn off emotions toward just one person at a time.

Or if not... that maybe just a way to not have my stomach jump into my throat every time I see their name... that would be good too.
Old 11-14-2010, 03:50 PM   #4633
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

I need to get up, dig my work gloves out of the storage room and move my neighbor's woodpile out to the street so the garbage truck will pick it up.

This woodpile has never been used and is located against the fence which joins our properties. A friend told me her golden lab was bitten a few years ago by a rattlesnake that came out of a woodpile. We both live in the city. Poor dog almost died even though she took him to the vet immediately. Obviously, I am doing this to protect my dogs.

I did get permission to trash it. It won't be too hard since it has cooled off - plus the workout will do me good. And it helps me procrastinate my inside chores (vacuuming, straightening up, a few dishes in the sink, etc.) LOL!

When I am single, I am not as picky with the indoor stuff. Not a slob, but things like a pair of socks or three ... or a pair of boxers/sleep pants on the floor a couple of days does not get to me. If I am partnered, we split up the work. She gives me my list and I bust my rump to get it done early on when the weekends roll around. Oh ... and of course I take care of the yards and ourdoor tasks.

Okay, rambled at you long enough ...
Happy Sunday, everyone!
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2010, 03:56 PM   #4634
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

Wondering why I haven't heard from her in almost three days

Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2010, 04:47 PM   #4635
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Scarlett View Post
I need to get some thermal or insulated boots/shoes asap. I have one pair and they work well but are not really appropriate for the office. Back in January I had superficial frostbite on both feet and it left them very sensitive to the cold. Now that the consistent warm weather has left my office will pretty much stay cold. I have a small heater that warms everything but my feet. Once my feet get cold I can't get them warmed up for a long, long time, so I need to do as much as possible to make sure they don't get cold. Perhaps thermal silk socks/liners?

If anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them.
get heat inserts for your shoes. go to a large sporting goods store and they should carry them. I used to own a pair to wear to the football games...Nebraska was bitterly, bitterly cold. They are thermal inserts to help keep your feet warm, k?
Old 11-14-2010, 04:52 PM   #4636
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

that it rained all day and i'm soaked and cold and thirsty and hungry and tired and

sorta maybe just a tad ....

whiney
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2010, 05:19 PM   #4637
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

My back (I think I screwed it up somehow cuz I can hardly move without being in pain) and her

Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2010, 09:40 PM   #4638
little_ms_sunshyne

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 12,242 Times in 2,540 Posts
little_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputation

I need a VACATION!
little_ms_sunshyne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to little_ms_sunshyne For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2010, 09:58 PM   #4639
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Does anyone have a reset button? Cause it would be helpful some days....
Old 11-14-2010, 10:03 PM   #4640
ManOMan

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/His...
Relationship Status:
Single & searching....

ManOMan Has the BEST ReputationManOMan Has the BEST ReputationManOMan Has the BEST ReputationManOMan Has the BEST ReputationManOMan Has the BEST ReputationManOMan Has the BEST ReputationManOMan Has the BEST ReputationManOMan Has the BEST ReputationManOMan Has the BEST ReputationManOMan Has the BEST ReputationManOMan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_ms_sunshyne View Post
I need a VACATION!

Me too....
ManOMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ManOMan For This Useful Post: