Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Just finished..

My Mothers Secret

Wonderful quick read, especially if you are a
WW2 history buff!

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1475962576/ref=mw_dp_img?is=l"]My Mother's Secret: Based on a True Holocaust Story:Amazon:Books[/ame]
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2013, 04:17 PM   #1922
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,638 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default Ensler

"In The Body Of The World A Memoir"
by Eve Ensler

transcendent.

Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2013, 04:22 PM   #1923
DiaSmiles

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She,Her,Womyn
Relationship Status:
Alone

DiaSmiles Has the BEST ReputationDiaSmiles Has the BEST ReputationDiaSmiles Has the BEST ReputationDiaSmiles Has the BEST ReputationDiaSmiles Has the BEST ReputationDiaSmiles Has the BEST ReputationDiaSmiles Has the BEST ReputationDiaSmiles Has the BEST ReputationDiaSmiles Has the BEST ReputationDiaSmiles Has the BEST ReputationDiaSmiles Has the BEST Reputation

I am reading The Fall the second book of the vampire series written by Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan. Scary....scary....

― Marilyn Monroe
DiaSmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DiaSmiles For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2013, 04:41 PM   #1924
ONLY

How Do You Identify?:
well my girl calls me honeybear, sugarbear, sexy beast, hot tamale.....
Preferred Pronoun?:
female pronouns
Relationship Status:
Married to my Rare Beauty with a Beautiful Soul.....SS

2 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 1,735 Times in 679 Posts
ONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST Reputation

I just started reading 11/22/63 by Stephen King.

I have been so wrapped up with the Anita Blake series by Laura K. Hamilton.
Just finished her second last book in that series. I am waiting on the last one that should be coming to the library soon.....(if you enjoy vampire & wereanimals /erotic I suggest you check this out) My girl got me onto this series when we met over 3 years ago and I am ahead of her

ONLY is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ONLY For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2013, 02:20 PM   #1925
Joness

How Do You Identify?:
Boi Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Boi He His Him Sir Handsome Son Brother Tom
Relationship Status:
Single

Joness Has the BEST ReputationJoness Has the BEST ReputationJoness Has the BEST ReputationJoness Has the BEST ReputationJoness Has the BEST ReputationJoness Has the BEST ReputationJoness Has the BEST ReputationJoness Has the BEST ReputationJoness Has the BEST ReputationJoness Has the BEST ReputationJoness Has the BEST Reputation
Smile Just started....

I have just started reading Orlando by Virginia Woolf

Love it already and struggling to put it down. Love the way her writing transcends space, time and sexuality. I love the way she writes, daring and brave of her time. Full of blurred lines and the ever shifting male/female continuum.

Can't stop moving forward but don't want it to end at the same time . . . . argh! Passion . . . breathy breath breathe . . . love it!

Off to read some more, always moving too fast, need to slow down xx
Joness is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Joness For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2013, 02:47 PM   #1926
Genesis
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme on a varied spectrum/babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/hers
Relationship Status:
Loved ლ ⚢

Thanked 14,633 Times in 6,270 Posts
Genesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST Reputation

I am re-reading for the umpteen time: Cien años de soledad (One hunded years of solitude) by Gabriel García Márquez
and 更級日記 (As I cross the bridge of dreams) by Sarashina,Nikki
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Genesis For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2013, 03:20 PM   #1927
Mari

How Do You Identify?:
Femme with a twist of lime
Preferred Pronoun?:
Feminine ones
Relationship Status:
Creating a Life!

Mari Has the BEST ReputationMari Has the BEST ReputationMari Has the BEST ReputationMari Has the BEST ReputationMari Has the BEST ReputationMari Has the BEST ReputationMari Has the BEST ReputationMari Has the BEST ReputationMari Has the BEST ReputationMari Has the BEST ReputationMari Has the BEST Reputation

I'm currently reading two books as I'm want to do: one for my edification and one for pure pleasure. The Better Angels of Our Nature: Why Violence Has Declined, Steven Pinker, and A Dance with Dragons by the great bearded mountain, George R.R. Martin.
Mari is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mari For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2013, 04:03 PM   #1928
bright_arrow
☆ the stars are aligned ☆

How Do You Identify?:
strong, independent, badass redhead
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl, buttercup, sugah
Relationship Status:
married to my Boo Daddy <3

Thanked 9,359 Times in 2,295 Posts
bright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Just finished

Now reading

bright_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bright_arrow For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2013, 03:39 AM   #1929
Venus007

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Serene Highness ;}
Relationship Status:
Dreamily contemplating some outrage against conventional morality

Thanked 4,767 Times in 1,144 Posts
Venus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST Reputation

How the Irish Saved Civilization by Thomas Cahill
It is a fun read, I am Irish so the hyperbole is absolutely correct :wink:
I am enjoying his trashing of bad imperial Roman poetry, as I have had to translate boatloads of it.

"So you'll die happily for your sins. You'd rather die in guilt then live in love?" Timothy Leary
Venus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Venus007 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2013, 04:01 AM   #1930
Daktari

The Slave...the second in the Marketplace series.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2013, 06:33 AM   #1931
The JD
Be the Fearless Bunny

How Do You Identify?:
Hers.
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
Medusa’s Snake Charmer

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,686 Times in 540 Posts
The JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST Reputation

Virgin: The Untouched History by Hanne Blank

Just started. Combines historical and medical facts with social analysis to sort out what's really known about virgins and virginity.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:32 AM   #1932
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,159 Times in 3,019 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Just finished 11/23/63, Stephen King. SOOOO good. I think it's my favorite ever of his.

Also just finished, for my book club, Beautiful Ruins. It got wonderful reviews. None of us could understand. Hated it on many levels.

Now reading, again for my book club, The Orchardist by Amanda Coplin.[ame="http://www.amazon.com/The-Orchardist-A-Novel-P-S/dp/0062188518"]The Orchardist: A Novel (P.S.): Amanda Coplin: 9780062188519: Amazon.com: Books[/ame] It's intense, really intense. Very raw.

Then I need to add in a whole bunch of pre-reading/reviewing to plan for my daughter's curriculum next year. 9th grade! I plan to do a lot of historic fiction with her this year, which we both love. She also wants to read more on time travel so I'm going to re-read Octavia Butler's Kindred to refresh my memory before passing that on for her to chew on.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2013, 08:48 AM   #1933
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,354 Times in 2,670 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

I've just learned how to borrow books from the library for my kindle, and I've been reading a lot, mostly light stuff, about a book a day.

I've been reading John Grisham and Agatha Christie's Miss Marple books and various New York Times best sellers that catch my fancy! I just read a children's book by the author of The Ladies #1 Detective Agency, and I just started a Janet Evanovich book with different main characters than her popular numbered series. <-- very light stuff
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2013, 11:00 AM   #1934
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Just started reading the newest book published by Alfred A. Knopf publishers (Vintage):

Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail

by Cheryl Strayed (March 26th, 2013)

Hailed as the best non-fiction book of 2012 by The Boston Globe and Book of the Year by NPR, St. Louis Dispatch and Vogue, at twenty-two, Cheryl Strayed thought she had lost everything. In the wake of her mother’s death, her family scattered and her own marriage was soon destroyed. Four years later, with nothing more to lose, she made the most impulsive decision of her life. With no experience or training, driven only by blind will, she would hike more than a thousand miles of the Pacific Crest Trail from the Mojave Desert through California and Oregon to Washington State—and she would do it alone. Told with suspense and style, sparkling with warmth and humor, Wild powerfully captures the terrors and pleasures of one young woman forging ahead against all odds on a journey that maddened, strengthened, and ultimately healed her (a brief introduction to Strayed's book provided by Amazon).

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2013, 06:31 AM   #1935
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

I'm reading book 1 in the "Game of Thrones" series.

I like it a lot, great writing, it's very evocative and it keeps moving ... but my god is it long.

I might need to put it aside for awhile so I can actually read a few other books I have queued up for this summer.

Question for those that have read the "Game of Thrones" series, is it worth it?

I know that is a subjective question.

It's a just such a huge time investment. I haven't had more than an hour a day, to read, for a couple of weeks; I don't feel I'm making a lot of progress with the book, I'm only 50% through book 1 after 2 weeks of reading. For the first time ever I'm tempted to skip the books and watch the television show. But I *know* I will get much more out of the book. I just can't decide if its worth it yet.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:18 AM   #1936
justkim

How Do You Identify?:
Me...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
<3 myself

Thanked 6,801 Times in 1,553 Posts
justkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputation

I have truly enjoyed the series, both in the book form and the t.v. show.
I read the books first and found like any other book series that has been turned into a t.v. show that there are things that seem to be forgotten.
I have not seen this season yet but I will probably go back and reread them just to refresh my mind.
Enjoy and happy reading...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkle View Post
I'm reading book 1 in the "Game of Thrones" series.

I like it a lot, great writing, it's very evocative and it keeps moving ... but my god is it long.

I might need to put it aside for awhile so I can actually read a few other books I have queued up for this summer.

Question for those that have read the "Game of Thrones" series, is it worth it?

I know that is a subjective question.

It's a just such a huge time investment. I haven't had more than an hour a day, to read, for a couple of weeks; I don't feel I'm making a lot of progress with the book, I'm only 50% through book 1 after 2 weeks of reading. For the first time ever I'm tempted to skip the books and watch the television show. But I *know* I will get much more out of the book. I just can't decide if its worth it yet.

"A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success."
- Unknown -
justkim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justkim For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2013, 08:50 AM   #1937
~baby~doll~

How Do You Identify?:
femme-bottom, lesbian, queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:
Leather polyamorous family

Thanked 2,855 Times in 905 Posts
~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation

Killing At The Cat by Carlene Miller

This is a Lexi Hyatt mystery about a murder taking place at a lesbian bar. So far an interesting read. This is the first book in a series of three, all the books can be read as stand alone.
Uh Huh Her
~baby~doll~ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~baby~doll~ For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2013, 02:01 PM   #1938
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,366 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

I read Sum It Up, Pat Summitt's memoir and the last book in the Sookie Stackhouse series. Both were fine. I am shocked that people got all up in arms about Sookie ending up with Sam. He was not my favorite character, but certainly it was a predictable outcome.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2013, 09:26 PM   #1939
~baby~doll~

How Do You Identify?:
femme-bottom, lesbian, queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:
Leather polyamorous family

Thanked 2,855 Times in 905 Posts
~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation

A Cold Case of Murder by Jean Marcy

The Fourth Meg Darcy Mystery I just began reading this book about an unsolved murder.
Uh Huh Her
~baby~doll~ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ~baby~doll~ For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2013, 12:45 PM   #1940
puddin'
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
a genderqueer nuisance
Preferred Pronoun?:
bitchboi

Thanked 7,973 Times in 2,344 Posts
puddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Thumbs up

"the namesake", by jhumpa lahiri (loved "the kite runner")

"let's talk diabetes with owls", by david sedaris (adore me some david sedaris)
puddin' is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to puddin' For This Useful Post:

Tags
books, reading