Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > BUTCHFEMMEPLANET.COM NEWS AND INFORMATION > Questions from Members/ Troubleshooting

Old 10-21-2010, 10:00 PM   #61
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,765 Times in 734 Posts
katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation

I love the new banner!!!
Old 10-21-2010, 10:00 PM   #62
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,131 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

From afar, the F looks like the NO slash. But I love the swirly yarn around the planet. Makes me want to crochet.

And about the grey box? Mine has kittens and unicorns. Am I the only one? It's smaller now so they look a little cramped.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:03 PM   #63
BoDy*ShOt

How Do You Identify?:
Queer. Femme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl ones

Thanked 2,096 Times in 532 Posts
BoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Have you cleared your cookies and cache?
that did it! thanks, gemme!
BoDy*ShOt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BoDy*ShOt For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2010, 10:09 PM   #64
T D

How Do You Identify?:
Person of the trans variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Sir, Bro, TD, Stevin
Relationship Status:
On occasion

Thanked 1,123 Times in 310 Posts
T D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Thank you. We're still tweaking. The F in Femme is giving me fits and some other stuff...
The "F" in Femme gives me fits at times too....... *heh*

“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it.
Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
T D is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to T D For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2010, 10:17 PM   #65
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
Thanked 2,759 Times in 820 Posts
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation

Can I take off my foil hat now?
suebee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to suebee For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2010, 10:34 PM   #66
Admin
Administrator

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 5,633 Times in 1,013 Posts
Admin has disabled reputation
Member Photo Albums

Fellow Queers~

Hell has officially frozen over. Oh LOOK! There goes Beezelbub now with a giant cherry snowcone!

Sue admitted she likes the colors!!!

(Sorry sue, had to bust you out here! LOL)

Glad you all are enjoying the new logo. Juney worked hard on it and I think it snazzes the place up quite a bit.
<3
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Admin For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2010, 10:44 PM   #67
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

I like the snazzy new look

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:51 PM   #68
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
I like the snazzy new look
Me tooo ...It is jazzy and snazzy, and vibrates, just like Juney..
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:58 PM   #69
Leader

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

Leader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST Reputation

Hey Admin... I like the look of the new logo, but seriously? 1200 x 300 px? On a 1024 x 768 display the logo takes about half of the screen real estate (minus browser headroom).

Yeah, I know that bigger is better, but when it comes to logos, the smaller it is, the more confident you are in your brand. Sometimes understated is better.

Just one person's opinion... still think you guys rock and am thankful for all the hard work you put into it.
Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Leader For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2010, 04:05 AM   #70
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

I like the new logo, it's pretty and sets this site apart from the others. Ummmm....can you make it sparkly?
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2010, 05:44 AM   #71
diamondrose

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,895 Times in 923 Posts
diamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputation

the new look rocks my socks!!
diamondrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 06:01 AM   #72
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

The new banner is nice and all, but um ... it startled me when I signed in this morning.

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 06:02 AM   #73
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam View Post
At first, I thought the banner read, "Your orbit for friendship, debate and queer turkey."
That's okay, I kept seeing SHINGLES instead of the SINGLES thread.

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2010, 06:05 AM   #74
Legendryder

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

Legendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST Reputation

NJ Femme, I so love that little kitty video you have. That is just funny. Period. I have a laser that Bob loves, he chases it all over the place. To distraction. He has gone so far as taking a header into the wall chasing it.
Legendryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 06:13 AM   #75
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

loving the new banner !

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 07:51 AM   #76
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation

Okay. I've been totally busted. I like the new logo and even like the colours now.

I hate to be the only one with a little tiny concern, but that's never stopped me before: Some people are offended by the f-bomb, and I wonder if having it on the home page, on the header might put someone off if this is their first time on the site. As we all know, finding this community and all the love and support it has to offer can be a life-saver for many of us. I always have in mind "what will a new-comer think of that?" So, there it is, for your consideration.

As for *me* - I chuckle every time I go to the home page now.
The Following User Says Thank You to suebee For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2010, 08:42 AM   #77
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by suebee View Post
Okay. I've been totally busted. I like the new logo and even like the colours now.

I hate to be the only one with a little tiny concern, but that's never stopped me before: Some people are offended by the f-bomb, and I wonder if having it on the home page, on the header might put someone off if this is their first time on the site. As we all know, finding this community and all the love and support it has to offer can be a life-saver for many of us. I always have in mind "what will a new-comer think of that?" So, there it is, for your consideration.

You mean our "Guests"..

Which right now shows:

Online Users: 103
41 members and 62 guests

F is a grown up word, and offensive, and put offish to some raised to see that as a cuss word. It means sex to me. As in let's ****
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 09:09 AM   #78
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
You mean our "Guests"..

Which right now shows:

Online Users: 103
41 members and 62 guests

F is a grown up word, and offensive, and put offish to some raised to see that as a cuss word. It means sex to me. As in let's ****
Well, guests or new members. It matters not. Personally I usually try and let people come INSIDE my house before I offend them!

Actually I'm just putting it out there. Not arguing one way or the other Tommi.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:42 AM   #79
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,942 Times in 4,709 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

I think the gray box is one I am missing from my move.
UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UofMfan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2010, 10:19 AM   #80
Admin
Administrator

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 5,633 Times in 1,013 Posts
Admin has disabled reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by suebee View Post

This is a tough one!

I think that if we had a ton of folks complaining about the use of the 'f-bomb', we might consider another word.

It's hard for me to fathom that because I tend to view the world at large as mostly overly-sanitized and often appreciate a little debauchery thrown in with my white rice. To me, as a marketing tool, the header lets me know right off the bat that this community is looser and a little less tame than www.ilikecannedbeans.com.
It's a way to let folks know, "Hey, we're not all that uptight here", a way to say "I'm ok, You're ok!"

I think it helps that you realllly have to look at the word to see what it is - some have thought it said "turkey" It's good for a chuckle if nothing else

But again, if a bunch of folks said "Hey, Im offended" or "That word bothers me", we'd have to take that into consideration.

I hope that doesnt happen
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Admin For This Useful Post: