Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Fine Wine: Folks Over 50

Old 01-05-2012, 02:46 PM   #101
TheDreadPirateRoberts

How Do You Identify?:
self made
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
perfectly content with true love

TheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST Reputation

drama....everyone has it...but im not going to sink to an immature level....ill just remove it from my life
TheDreadPirateRoberts is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TheDreadPirateRoberts For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2012, 03:43 PM   #102
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,103 Posts
tapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputation

Yeah. Pass the scalpel.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:45 PM   #103
Honey

How Do You Identify?:
big femme heart..... in a tight girlie package
Preferred Pronoun?:
just call me Honey
Relationship Status:
Playin' 4 keeps with Tomboi1982

Honey Has the BEST ReputationHoney Has the BEST ReputationHoney Has the BEST ReputationHoney Has the BEST ReputationHoney Has the BEST ReputationHoney Has the BEST ReputationHoney Has the BEST ReputationHoney Has the BEST ReputationHoney Has the BEST ReputationHoney Has the BEST ReputationHoney Has the BEST Reputation

Dating the twenty something's...Its like Relationship 101...Uggh !!!!
Honey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Honey For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2012, 03:57 PM   #104
theblueone

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her

theblueone Has the BEST Reputationtheblueone Has the BEST Reputationtheblueone Has the BEST Reputationtheblueone Has the BEST Reputationtheblueone Has the BEST Reputationtheblueone Has the BEST Reputationtheblueone Has the BEST Reputationtheblueone Has the BEST Reputationtheblueone Has the BEST Reputationtheblueone Has the BEST Reputationtheblueone Has the BEST Reputation

relationship 101? Or you just can't keep up with them?
theblueone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:19 PM   #105
SweetJane

How Do You Identify?:
stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
always solo

SweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLast View Post
I know, Greyson- maybe we need a definition of dating thread!
It's a regional thing, I think, and maybe a sign of the times. People don't date like they did when I was young. When my daughter was a teenager in ND, you were a slut if you dated. You had to "go with" someone, one at a time. I just thought that would lead to trouble....and it probably did. Her cousin in Cali who was her same age did date like I did as a young woman.

I dated several at a time, and it was interesting getting to know each one. It helps sort out what you want in a relationship. And, when you're young, it helps you learn how to behave with someone.

Now that I'm in this community, I'd like to date more for that very reason, to get to know other people and to explore what relating is about.
SweetJane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SweetJane For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2012, 07:45 AM   #106
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetJane View Post
It's a regional thing, I think, and maybe a sign of the times. People don't date like they did when I was young. When my daughter was a teenager in ND, you were a slut if you dated. You had to "go with" someone, one at a time. I just thought that would lead to trouble....and it probably did. Her cousin in Cali who was her same age did date like I did as a young woman.

I dated several at a time, and it was interesting getting to know each one. It helps sort out what you want in a relationship. And, when you're young, it helps you learn how to behave with someone.

Now that I'm in this community, I'd like to date more for that very reason, to get to know other people and to explore what relating is about.
I agree- and getting to know someone is important. I guess since I have spent 27 years "relating," and am now 60, I think I get relating (and am quite relational). I also think that in my age cohort (and I don't date much younger or much older women), it is also more limited- but I also find that there are many other things I want to do other than date with my time. And I honestly do like getting to know someone on many levels which, for me, takes time as well as experiencing how things go through the curve life throws me and what may be a major event in the life of who I am dating.

When I was young, the "going together" thing was more true also when I was heterosexual. This changed after realizing that my heart and soul was at peace with a woman. Although, by age 30, I wanted a monogamous "marriage." Prior to that I went through poly relationships and was also bisexual. I was rather experimental, now that I think about it.

Aging has also brough more of a need to savor what I am experiencing- the "the less time you have, the more you don't want to waste" phenomenon, I believe. So many things that I used to be able to cope with and compromise about, I just want to anymore. The "need" for a relationship/marriage has transformed into being about what I "desire and want" really.

I really enjoy dates full of conversation in which I feel listened to and want to return this to my date. Being able to laugh easily with someone I am dating is important as well as both of us not being afraid to let our faults show. We all have them- might as well get them out there and see if any are non-negotiables. And of course, I get anxious about all of this because I don't date anyone that I don't have a romantic and yes, physical "tug" for. Who likes rejection! But, it is part of life. Have to deal with it.

I also think that so much changes with aging and losing someone via death- a partner and also several loved ones.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2012, 10:34 PM   #107
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey View Post
Dating the twenty something's...Its like Relationship 101...Uggh !!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by theblueone View Post
relationship 101? Or you just can't keep up with them?
I am certainly not Honey and can't speak for her, but I do know what it's like to date someone that's several years one's junior.

It's going through the same growth and crises and angst that you went through years ago but through your partner's eyes.

And it's freakin' draining.

I'm no one's trainer in my personal relationships. If they aren't where I am psychologically and emotionally and in general, then they are not with me.

P.S.~ Your question to her sounded a bit personal and catty to me. Just an observation.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2012, 12:45 AM   #108
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I am certainly not Honey and can't speak for her, but I do know what it's like to date someone that's several years one's junior.

It's going through the same growth and crises and angst that you went through years ago but through your partner's eyes.

And it's freakin' draining.

I'm no one's trainer in my personal relationships. If they aren't where I am psychologically and emotionally and in general, then they are not with me.

P.S.~ Your question to her sounded a bit personal and catty to me. Just an observation.
What I bolded is one of the clearest statements about going through this situation I have ever read. And why more often than not (there are exceptions, but I always wonder about the developmental age of the more senior member in these), a large age difference doesn't work.

I also agree with your observation about some cattiness to the question and that it was a personal shot. I could be wrong- don't know either party, but keeping the personal out of the forums/threads is really appreciated.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2012, 12:54 AM   #109
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

Contact sports. I do not think my nose could take another breaking or another deviated septum surgery.
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2012, 05:36 AM   #110
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,108 Times in 3,757 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

I am learning that I can no longer move furniture or lift appliances or do most kinds of tough work like I used to without "feeling the burn " for days. My muscles seem to produce too much of that "after exercise " acid that my old, Lupus ridden body can't process and flush out correctly. I really miss my younger, VERY ACTIVE, VERY STRONG, able years and body. I miss muscles that work and kidneys that process toxins correctly. BUT.... none of what I feel today can take away my feeling of accomplishment and contentment from yesterday. I feel good emotionally even if the old body can no longer keep up.
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2012, 05:42 AM   #111
jac
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
butch stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
masculine ones work best...
Relationship Status:
♥ engaged to spritz ♥

Thanked 16,492 Times in 2,972 Posts
jac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputation

I really don't feel too old for anything, but my body totally doesn't agree with my mind when I'm on my knees! *smirk*
jac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jac For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2012, 08:34 AM   #112
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

................... nothing..................
* eg*

ok wait i take that back... anyone under 25 is way to young but anyone above that is fair game...
wait .... i cant believe im saying that... lol

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to morningstar55 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2012, 08:36 AM   #113
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

moving my own crap. or asking my friends and family to help me move my crap.

i hire guys* to do that

* not trying to be sexist. it's literally always guys
Old 01-08-2012, 09:42 AM   #114
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_crystal View Post
moving my own crap. or asking my friends and family to help me move my crap.

i hire guys* to do that

* not trying to be sexist. it's literally always guys
They have more upper body strength. That's just physics. Now, if you needed someone for a purpose that required a lower center of gravity....dancing can, for example....females have that in the bag.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2012, 11:36 AM   #115
msW8ing

How Do You Identify?:
multi-faceted gem, femme, submissive babygirl if the chemistry is there.
Preferred Pronoun?:
lady
Relationship Status:
working on myself

Thanked 2,498 Times in 655 Posts
msW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST Reputation

Dating two Butches at once..it's exhausting..but oh soooooooooo much fun. This dating without promises is something i should have done in my 30's lmao

A lady who knows the ropes..will never be bound. ~Mae West
msW8ing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to msW8ing For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2012, 11:47 AM   #116
Amber2010

How Do You Identify?:
Happy, Crazy, Bubbly, Funny, Strong, Outgoing, Friendly
Preferred Pronoun?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Complicated

Amber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST Reputation
Cool

I can not longer keep working when I get sick. I use to work right through it and just deal. Now I am so tired and can't keep my eyes open all day or even sit at a computer or talk on a phone. Yikes it stinks getting older sometimes. LOL
Amber2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Amber2010 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2012, 04:17 PM   #117
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
her poison apple
Preferred Pronoun?:
b. grrl
Relationship Status:
her favorite snack

Thanked 21,373 Times in 6,723 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default at the moment..

bullshit..........and all that, that implies
kittygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2012, 08:43 PM   #118
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,260 Times in 1,363 Posts
deb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputation

I am too old to be naive enough to believe that 'just a drink at your place ' really is 'just a drink at your place'.

I am too old to be in a relationship that would deserve the facebook status 'it's complicated'.

I am too old to believe you only get to love once.
deb_U_taunt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to deb_U_taunt For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2012, 11:42 PM   #119
wetfromashower

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

wetfromashower Has the BEST Reputationwetfromashower Has the BEST Reputationwetfromashower Has the BEST Reputationwetfromashower Has the BEST Reputationwetfromashower Has the BEST Reputationwetfromashower Has the BEST Reputationwetfromashower Has the BEST Reputationwetfromashower Has the BEST Reputationwetfromashower Has the BEST Reputationwetfromashower Has the BEST Reputationwetfromashower Has the BEST Reputation
Default Too Old For....

Mind Games...
wetfromashower is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to wetfromashower For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2012, 12:58 AM   #120
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,125 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

i'm too old to wait while someone who chases their own tail.
i'm too old for someone not to understand.. knowing..
i'm too old to be with someone that is a young soul
i'm too old to be treated insignificant.
~ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ~ocean For This Useful Post: