Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 07-07-2014, 03:34 PM   #1601
traumaqueen

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
that grrl
Relationship Status:
happily occupied and awfully engaged.

traumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberStud View Post
I also had a day off yesterday from anything too strenuous, all in preparation for today's Sunday cycle with my local LGBT cycle group. A 30 mile trip is planned so I done some intense stretches this morning to avoid any soreness later.
In honor of the Tour De France Effect...One of my favorite pics of the Tour. I doubt even Lance coulda kept up with these guys, doping or no!

Old 07-07-2014, 04:03 PM   #1602
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Off today. Yesterday, 45 minutes on the Stairmaster and 15 minutes of yoga. While on the Stairmaster I watched a documentary called "Bronies: The Extremely Unexpected Adult Fans of My Little Pony." It was great!

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2014, 05:32 PM   #1603
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy/hym/hys but in circumstances like work and some other places she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,816 Times in 1,187 Posts
ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation

ok, now, 20 minutes on treadmill at 3 miles an hour, 45 minutes on weights: did 100 crunches combined on 3 ab machines, did arms and legs tired but feel like I accomplished...
ProfPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2014, 03:40 AM   #1604
CyberStud
Timed Out - Identity Issues

How Do You Identify?:
Stud_elicious
Relationship Status:
Married to the gym..it's true love <3

Thanked 1,232 Times in 334 Posts
CyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST Reputation
Default Namaste Everyone!

I'm the latest recruit to the yoga phenomena, use to think it was a bit too girly to be of any real use (no offence my dear femmes ) But O.M.G I've seen the light! And now it's a regular morning exercise. For those of you (butches & femmes included) yet to be convert I've posted below a YouTube video from a teacher who I think ROCKS and has a wide selection of videos with a great backdrop that beginners to experts can enjoy from the comfort of their homes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UjwQFx3--c

Deep stretches now over, I'm now ready for my 45mins spin class and later this evening, 1hr pilates to end a productive day.
CyberStud is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CyberStud For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2014, 04:57 AM   #1605
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,375 Times in 6,863 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you cyberstud for this info I do love yoga alsoaand have been looking for a new challenge. I really cant believe the difference in my muscle tone already...mostly in my upper back and shoulders.

So....with the accident and all Ive been precluded from working out...and in two days I definitely feel the difference. Since I was able to mow the lawn yesterday, I think I will be able to get a workout it (finally!) tonight. After I go clean with my mother....which counts as exercise. Thats all that woman does for exercise and shes skinny as a rail!
Old 07-08-2014, 06:13 AM   #1606
CyberStud

How Do You Identify?:
Stud_elicious
Relationship Status:

CyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl View Post
Thank you cyberstud for this info I do love yoga alsoaand have been looking for a new challenge. I really cant believe the difference in my muscle tone already...mostly in my upper back and shoulders.

So....with the accident and all Ive been precluded from working out...and in two days I definitely feel the difference. Since I was able to mow the lawn yesterday, I think I will be able to get a workout it (finally!) tonight. After I go clean with my mother....which counts as exercise. Thats all that woman does for exercise and shes skinny as a rail!
You're most welcome cinnamongrrl. I hope it helps you on your road to recovery. It definitely did with me and an old injury I had, now I have better posture, flexibility, muscle tone, strength and definition. Yoga is an awesome addition or done on its own for fitness and wellbeing.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CyberStud For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2014, 03:59 PM   #1607
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
You're most welcome cinnamongrrl. I hope it helps you on your road to recovery. It definitely did with me and an old injury I had, now I have better posture, flexibility, muscle tone, strength and definition. Yoga is an awesome addition or done on its own for fitness and wellbeing.
This is so true! I have a bad shoulder from an old ski injury and Ive noticed my range of motion has improved greatly.
Ive also come up with what I call "chair yoga" for times Im stationary (say because of work) and to help my client who isnt terribly ambulatory. It truly is an exercise anyone can do!
Just as fyi Im fairly sure yoga shows can be found streaming online but Im especially fond of the Namaste dvds. Good variety great scenery and the narrators voice is sooo soothing! Great way to start the day and release tension.
Old 07-08-2014, 06:48 PM   #1608
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Today I did 30 minutes on the stair master while watching a re-run of Judge Judy. I find if I'm exercising very intensely my television standards go way down which is nice because it makes shows more tolerable. Then I did 30 minutes of floor exercises and weight lifting. The pixie-powerful Asian woman I so often end up working out with offered me her free weights when she was done. I said yes even though I didn't want them because I wanted to say yes to her.

How do I... ?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2014, 08:08 PM   #1609
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Hard workout today. It was hot and I felt uncomfortable and the first third was just torture but I worked it out and came away with a decent, albeit short, workout.

Random program, levels 3-8.

1 running interval for 90 seconds @ 6.0 mph
1 running interval for 60 seconds @ 6.0 mph

Stats: 215 calories, 1.92 miles, 35 minutes

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2014, 08:46 PM   #1610
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Today was an early one on the beach for 4 miles, then home for PT with my new purple "mini-band". How something "mini" can hurt that much is beyond me.

Otherwise working around the house which nowadays includes a bit of lifting too.

Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2014, 09:22 PM   #1611
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I hope giving both my fur kids a bath then a good summer clip counts for something cause i'm worn out from doing it.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2014, 08:09 PM   #1612
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Today I did 35 minutes on the StairMaster (45/50 intervals) and 25 minutes of weight lifting and yoga.

How do I... ?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2014, 03:12 PM   #1613
CyberStud

How Do You Identify?:
Stud_elicious
Relationship Status:

I've been decorating for the past couple of days, painting mainly which is a great upper body workout. And my morning yoga has now increased to include an evening one..an excellent way for me to release the day's tension.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CyberStud For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2014, 04:46 PM   #1614
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Quote:
I've been decorating for the past couple of days, painting mainly which is a great upper body workout. And my morning yoga has now increased to include an evening one..an excellent way for me to release the day's tension.
We had a very similar day.....

I had to scrape and sand a hutch that my daughter needs for her place...I havent painted it yet, but I did paint a little tool box slash stool that my mother picked up...

and yes....yoga....helps with the back and neck pain ive had the last few days....so would a nice glass of wine and a hot bath....but I digress
Old 07-11-2014, 05:30 PM   #1615
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Yesterday I did my three miles but the last half mile was gimpy, I pulled up lame.

Today I started and ended gimpy (but made it). I may have to take tomorrow off.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2014, 05:56 PM   #1616
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy/hym/hys but in circumstances like work and some other places she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,816 Times in 1,187 Posts
ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation

today I had my first session with a personal trainer. One hour of hard core exercises, abs, arms, balance, cardio the works. Then I went to sit by the outside pool and it was hot. I heard the water calling my name and decided to swim for a little bit. Only did 12 laps but that was all I can manage. Little sore, let's see what tomorrow brings. But it was good
ProfPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2014, 07:22 PM   #1617
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Good evening!

I wound up not working out tonight but it's not a total loss. I'm contemplating taking an aerial arts class and was allowed to observe a class tonight. I like the instructor but it looks like the only class I would be able to attend regularly will be taught by a very 'energetic woman in her mid-forties' which sounds awesome to me.

There's another class I'm interested in also, a hoop class, but I wouldn't be able to make it regularly. I'll talk to the owner of the company (it's small and new to my area) and see if something could be worked out. We are only allowed 2 missed classes in an 8 week period, which won't work. Maybe I could do it as a drop in, which would be more expensive, but there aren't restrictions on class attendance.

How exciting is THAT???

They were doing some of these positions and transitions while I was there.

Who knows? Maybe one day this could be me!

I'm misunderestimated.

Last edited by Gemme; 07-11-2014 at 07:27 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2014, 07:36 PM   #1618
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Default July 10

Forgot to post my last workout! It was a doozey too.

45 minutes of circuit/weight training plus abs followed by:

Random program, levels 3-12.

1 interval run @ 6.0 mph and 0.5 incline for 90 seconds
1 interval run @ 6.0 mph and 1.5 incline for 90 seconds

Stats: 322 calories, 2.67 miles, 50 minutes

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2014, 08:06 PM   #1619
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Good evening!

I wound up not working out tonight but it's not a total loss. I'm contemplating taking an aerial arts class and was allowed to observe a class tonight. <snip>
Well hell, I thought you were talking about going skydiving.

Last edited by Kelt; 07-11-2014 at 08:08 PM. Reason: From the other thread. I'm now confused.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2014, 03:37 AM   #1620
CyberStud

How Do You Identify?:
Stud_elicious
Relationship Status:

Default Good Morning Sunshine the Earth says Hello!

Started the day off with an early morning cycle riding along the seafront before the tourist descend making the cycle pathway an obstacle course. Clocked up 20 miles round trip at a gentle cadence and so finished with a yoga routine. I've still bundles of energy so a trip to the local gym to lift some weights should bring about the desired fatigue.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CyberStud For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights