Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LOVE > Dating, Marriage, Family

Old 02-03-2011, 10:25 PM   #1
Brewcityboi

How Do You Identify?:
Trans/queer/lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, she, whatever. Who cares? Just don't be mean.
Relationship Status:
Bitten by the love bug. :)

Brewcityboi Has the BEST ReputationBrewcityboi Has the BEST ReputationBrewcityboi Has the BEST ReputationBrewcityboi Has the BEST ReputationBrewcityboi Has the BEST ReputationBrewcityboi Has the BEST ReputationBrewcityboi Has the BEST ReputationBrewcityboi Has the BEST ReputationBrewcityboi Has the BEST ReputationBrewcityboi Has the BEST ReputationBrewcityboi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Valentines day help?

it's been 5 years since i've been in love. Its also the first time in 5 years since i've had a valentine. The girl im in love with now is a super fem. I've never dated a fem for more then maybe a month and i was never in a relationship with them. What do fems usually like? Does anyone have any ideas to give her a v-day she'll never forget? Can anyone help a clueless boi?
Old 02-03-2011, 10:28 PM   #2
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Well, since every Femme is different I can't really answer that question.

But if you were buying me a gift I'd say go with pearls.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:30 PM   #3
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Question

Does she have any tools?

How about a tool box, with a gift certificate for a Spa?
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2011, 10:52 PM   #4
Brewcityboi

How Do You Identify?:
Trans/queer/lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Brewcityboi Has the BEST ReputationBrewcityboi Has the BEST ReputationBrewcityboi Has the BEST ReputationBrewcityboi Has the BEST ReputationBrewcityboi Has the BEST ReputationBrewcityboi Has the BEST ReputationBrewcityboi Has the BEST ReputationBrewcityboi Has the BEST ReputationBrewcityboi Has the BEST ReputationBrewcityboi Has the BEST ReputationBrewcityboi Has the BEST Reputation

she loves shoes and victorias secret (there is a god!). its too early in the relationship for pearls and im a broke college student. thats what i have to work with lol
Old 02-03-2011, 10:56 PM   #5
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

if it's fairly early in the relationship do not buy her lingerie. That's really inappropriate.

Surely she has actual interests? Hobbies? Likes and dislikes?
Old 02-03-2011, 10:57 PM   #6
moxie

How Do You Identify?:
a cynical princess wannabe
Preferred Pronoun?:
lipgloss junkie
Relationship Status:
yep

Thanked 6,769 Times in 1,846 Posts
moxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewcityboi View Post
she loves shoes and victorias secret (there is a god!). its too early in the relationship for pearls and im a broke college student. thats what i have to work with lol

You could cook for her. And/or give her a gift that doesn't have to be extravagant, but shows that you pay attention to what she says.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:05 PM   #7
Brewcityboi

How Do You Identify?:
Trans/queer/lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

shes crazy obsessed with opera. maybe i could do something like that. the cooking thing is a great idea. :O i could make her a big giant cookie that says i love you, or is that too cheesy?
Old 02-03-2011, 11:07 PM   #8
moxie

How Do You Identify?:
a cynical princess wannabe
Preferred Pronoun?:
lipgloss junkie
Relationship Status:
yep

Thanked 6,769 Times in 1,846 Posts
moxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewcityboi View Post
shes crazy obsessed with opera. maybe i could do something like that. the cooking thing is a great idea. :O i could make her a big giant cookie that says i love you, or is that too cheesy?

That would be sweet...if she likes cookies!
Old 02-03-2011, 11:18 PM   #9
sharkchomp

How Do You Identify?:
TG/stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,341 Times in 309 Posts
sharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputation

It really depends on her likes. Since you're on a budget and you're relationship is fairly new I'd suggest a homemade dinner. It doesn't have to 5 star but a meal of her fav's. Another thought is a coupon book of things you will do for her... like 5 massages, 5 foot rubs, 5 bubble baths. Well just some thoughts. Good luck and don't beat yourself up over being on a budget.

~~~shark~~~~~~~~

take a fish boating
sharkchomp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sharkchomp For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2011, 11:25 PM   #10
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,635 Times in 3,981 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

Valentines Day is really overhyped. You arent suppose to make a mockery out of love. To go all out for a relationship that has just started leaves nothing for it to grow into OR it makes everything from here on in have to be bigger and grander. Love isnt suppose to be measured that way. Love isnt suppose to develop that way. Its not built on promotional holidays. Its built on where the two of you are. So where are you two in your relationship? Thats how you gauge what to get her...

a beautiful card, some pretty nail polish, an opera poster you found in an antique store for $5 ...combined with a nice simple spagetti dinner you make, watching Phatom of the the Opera on your set after, enjoying your special cookie together during...in candlelight...

so much better than the "perfect" first valentines gift. Relax...enjoy it...make it what it is, between the two of you...
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2011, 12:15 AM   #11
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,794 Times in 3,940 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

Spend some special time with her...perhaps a romantic picnic?
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2011, 12:30 AM   #12
ravfem

How Do You Identify?:
i'm a girl
Relationship Status:
negative

Thanked 3,126 Times in 1,269 Posts
ravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputation

Maybe one-on-one attention...take her away for the day...to the forest or a park in a neighboring city. Walk and sit and walk more. Look for fae gardens (oops, that was projecting a little too much me ).

If weather wont let y'all be outside, maybe a museum or a window shopping spree. A bookstore or music store where y'all can share favorites - new & old.

Sit & have coffee (or whatever) and ask her all kinds of open-ended questions about her - what she loves, what makes her happy, what would she do with $10 million?

People watch & make up stories about those people y'all find interesting. Touch her often, softly, quietly. Or loudly....

i should stop now.

Have fun!

Old 02-04-2011, 12:52 AM   #13
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,635 Times in 3,981 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravfem View Post
If weather wont let y'all be outside, maybe a museum or a window shopping spree. A bookstore or music store where y'all can share favorites - new & old.
:
see...for me....this would be the best valentine day of all...a trip to the museum and then at the end, a visit to the bookstore, where we would admire the trinkets until my suitor would watch until my eyes would light up and their hand would grab it out of mine and head to the counter...a $10 box of greeting cards with my favorite artist's work on the front! Wonderful! I would cherish them! and the day and most of all, my date!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2011, 01:30 AM   #14
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

a mixed tape
good chocolates (artisan truffles from here: yum)
perfume
flowers
gift certificate for a spa/massage
if you can cook, a home cooked meal (pasta puttanesca link: recipe)
a picnic
a vintage apron
a foreign film with lots of sex but make sure you apologize for not realizing that it was going to be as explicit and ask her if she'd rather leave, at about 45 minutes in.

good luck <3
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2011, 05:38 AM   #15
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,359 Times in 2,670 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation

I love presents that will remind me of my beau's thoughtfulness long after the holiday has passed.

Among other things, Pete has given me a Russian Sage for my garden, a gift certificate for a local curtain store, and 500 pencils with the number pi to the fiftieth digit. She knows I like presents that will last, as opposed to cut flowers, for example.

Sometimes we wake up and Pete says, Let's go to Putney, or Keene, and off we go. We have uninterrupted time to talk in the car, and we eat a meal somewhere different, not necessarily expensive, and it feels like a very short vacation.
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2011, 08:42 AM   #16
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

I'm a big sap....so, that sways my opinions, but...

I think Valentine's Day and anniversaries are important....more important than the holidays like Christmas when you gift everyone. These two are about you as a couple.

Because of that, I'd say go with something that is signficant not to you, not to her...but to the relationship you have.

Clear as mud, right?

I mean....when Scoote and I first started together, the beach became a focal point for us. It's where we spent our best time, where we walked, laughed, relaxed. It was (and is) our place.

So, for our first anniversay, I got her a tide clock...it shows how many hours until low tide (the best shell hunting, and when we always want to be at the beach). It's not "romantic" to anyone else...but it fit for us.

So....what's your place? Or your activity? What do the two of you do that makes you smile and laugh and feel really together? I'd say think of that (whatever it is) and get her or make her something that celebrates those moments.

Old 02-04-2011, 09:24 AM   #17
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow

You could blind fold her and spank her

Then bathe & lotion her!
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2011, 09:25 AM   #18
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
Thanked 2,759 Times in 820 Posts
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation

Inexpensive just means you have to be more creative. Give her something - or a series of things - that shows what you know about her. Her favorite colour, food, music (you've got that one covered), clothing (used clothing stores are GREAT!), candy, place.....the possibilities are endless. Make it a challenge to spend little or no money on gifts. It forces you to work at it, and you can usually come up with a much more personal gift for your efforts. And added plus: this early in the relationship it can be tricky knowing how much money spent on a gift is enough or too much. You completely eliminate that little problem.
My favorite gifts I've given and received have mostly been things that cost little or no money.
Have fun!

Sue
Old 02-04-2011, 09:57 AM   #19
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

Question

Is this a vanilla or kink relationship?

The Following User Says Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2011, 01:38 PM   #20
Rope

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy
Relationship Status:
polyamorous

Thanked 1,279 Times in 212 Posts
Rope Has the BEST ReputationRope Has the BEST ReputationRope Has the BEST ReputationRope Has the BEST ReputationRope Has the BEST ReputationRope Has the BEST ReputationRope Has the BEST ReputationRope Has the BEST ReputationRope Has the BEST ReputationRope Has the BEST ReputationRope Has the BEST Reputation

I love Valentine's Day--it's just ONE MORE DAY to say I love you or I am thinking about you. When people complain about the over hyped holiday, I think so don't give Valentine's that are store bought, don't buy roses or chocolates, in fact, don't participate no one is making you do it.

It does help to know a persons likes and dislikes to decide on what to give them but really, the simpler the better in my opinion but then again, some people like the huge fuss. So it's really up to you and what you know about your femme.

I too like practical presents and I don't like being embarassed at work with some showy thing. I'm a butch that doesn't like receiving flowers.

Rope--

Rope is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rope For This Useful Post: