Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > THE BUTCHFEMMEPLANET PLANET > United States Forums > Virginia Forums

Old 08-23-2011, 03:47 PM   #21
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I was in Earth Fare with Wanton Boi when it happened. Some honey fell off the shelf and this was in Greensboro NC. All of a sudden everyone is blowing up my phone to make sure I'm ok. It seems cell service was out for a little bit and no one could reach me.

How odd having an earthquake here. It's seems the sky is falling
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2011, 03:49 PM   #22
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I tell myself I will go to Hillsville every year but at the last minute I think about the traffic and crowds. I change my mind.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2011, 07:39 PM   #23
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

Thanked 1,378 Times in 461 Posts
OS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
I was in Earth Fare with Wanton Boi when it happened. Some honey fell off the shelf and this was in Greensboro NC. All of a sudden everyone is blowing up my phone to make sure I'm ok. It seems cell service was out for a little bit and no one could reach me.

How odd having an earthquake here. It's seems the sky is falling
Yep, I lost service for awhile too....everyone calling 911 to let them know there was an earthquake .....I think they knew
OS Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OS Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2011, 07:46 PM   #24
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

OS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I tell myself I will go to Hillsville every year but at the last minute I think about the traffic and crowds. I change my mind.
I thought about going to Hillsville, but I have a swap meet on Saturday and Sundays are not a favorite travel day... Then without staying over night, 4 hours out and them 4 hours back...not on my book for this year.
The Following User Says Thank You to OS Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2011, 07:48 PM   #25
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by christie0918 View Post
I just booked our hotel for part of labor day weekend - Hillsville, VA has a flea mkt that weekend and the whole friggin town is nothing but! Jess made a funny that they call it "Junk a Palooza".

I am kinda stoked! I may say differently after the one day we have planned!

http://www.hillsville.com/fmarket.htm
Let us know what a grand time you have!
Old 08-23-2011, 07:49 PM   #26
christie

How Do You Identify?:
A Force with which to be reckoned
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Thanked 2,476 Times in 706 Posts
christie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OS Butch View Post
I thought about going to Hillsville, but I have a swap meet on Saturday and Sundays are not a favorite travel day... Then without staying over night, 4 hours out and them 4 hours back...not on my book for this year.
I will say that hotel room prices are OUTRAGEOUS. The only reason I agreed to pay $180 A NIGHT at a HOLIDAY INN is because its a special thing for Jess and I to run away from home for a night, especially when there might be Jade-ite or any of the other treasures we collect. I am not fond of the drive to Hillsville over Lover's Leap and I really, really didn't want to do that curvyass mountain cliff hanging drive with 500K other folks on the road.

I think next year we might have to look at RVing it. Depending on our experience this year, next year might not be an option!
christie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to christie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2011, 07:52 PM   #27
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

I hope everyone in VA is okay and didn't get too much damage from the Quake. I'm in CO where we had about a dozen smaller ones over the past 24 hours and one I felt a bit last night was a 5.3.
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2011, 07:53 PM   #28
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by christie0918 View Post
I will say that hotel room prices are OUTRAGEOUS. The only reason I agreed to pay $180 A NIGHT at a HOLIDAY INN is because its a special thing for Jess and I to run away from home for a night, especially when there might be Jade-ite or any of the other treasures we collect. I am not fond of the drive to Hillsville over Lover's Leap and I really, really didn't want to do that curvyass mountain cliff hanging drive with 500K other folks on the road.

I think next year we might have to look at RVing it. Depending on our experience this year, next year might not be an option!
OMGoodness! That is outrageous! I had thought of pulling my rv camper, but I was booked for this flea market and that put that out of my calender. I will keep that in mind for next year.

Last edited by OS Butch; 08-23-2011 at 07:54 PM. Reason: typos!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OS Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2011, 08:14 PM   #29
Milly

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Milly will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up VIRGINIAN here!

Born and raised in the Capital of the Confederacy (Richmond). Currently living in NM, but moving home to the "Sweet Virginia Breeze" (check out Robin Thompson) within the next few months. WOO HOO! I love Virginia!
Milly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Milly For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2011, 08:28 PM   #30
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Robin's song is a classic, but probably my favorite is by an old friend who left us this year. You may remember his show on NPR, The Out of the Blue Revue, Purebred American Mongrel music!

Ramble on Page!!!

Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2011, 09:04 PM   #31
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuddlyfemme View Post
Can I be an honoary Virginian??? I lived there all my life till I moved to SC a year ago. I miss Virginia!!!!
Well hey there cuddlyfemme. Been a long time! I didn't realize you had moved out of Virginia!
Old 08-24-2011, 06:56 AM   #32
cuddlyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,452 Times in 1,270 Posts
cuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Well hey there cuddlyfemme. Been a long time! I didn't realize you had moved out of Virginia!
Hey OS, it has been a long time! I moved out of Northern VA a year ago in May so SC It got way to expensive for me But I hope to come back since Northern VA is my home and I lived there all my life
cuddlyfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cuddlyfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2011, 07:25 AM   #33
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
OMGoodness! That is outrageous! I had thought of pulling my rv camper, but I was booked for this flea market and that put that out of my calender. I will keep that in mind for next year.

I am an hour and half I think from Hillsville. If I went I would just drive. If you have an RV you're welcome to hook it up at the farm and stay a few nights. I have an RV outlet and a hose to hook to your water, just no sewer.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2011, 02:20 PM   #34
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

Those of you interested in Agricultural and local food systems here in the state please check out a new group www.fieldtofriends.org the mission statement pretty much states our mission and there is a link to the report the extension office and Virginia Tech did for us. If you have an interest in joining us please add your name to the subscriber list at the site for our newsletter and stay tuned for updates.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 05:41 PM   #35
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

Quote:
I am an hour and half I think from Hillsville. If I went I would just drive. If you have an RV you're welcome to hook it up at the farm and stay a few nights. I have an RV outlet and a hose to hook to your water, just no sewer.
Wow, that is very generous of you, Thank you! I am sure there is a dumping station somewhere. It may have to be in my plans for next year!
Old 08-27-2011, 05:43 PM   #36
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

Here in Alexandria, the rain is coming down and wind gusts but I still have electricity! How is everyone doing?
Old 10-01-2011, 07:41 PM   #37
Babyangeleyez

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Babyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST Reputation

Hello to all the Virginia peoples! I'm in Culpeper.
Babyangeleyez is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Babyangeleyez For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2011, 07:54 PM   #38
lyric

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
quiet and content

lyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputation

Hello, Virginia!
Toxic and I are in Alexandria. I'd like to move to an area that's a little less expensive and a bit more rural (just can't take the country out of the girl, I guess) but we're still here for the time being.
lyric is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lyric For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2011, 07:59 PM   #39
Babyangeleyez

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Babyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyric View Post
Hello, Virginia!
Toxic and I are in Alexandria. I'd like to move to an area that's a little less expensive and a bit more rural (just can't take the country out of the girl, I guess) but we're still here for the time being.
Hey there Lyric! I know where Alexandria is. I hate going to N.VA. I'm probably 1 1/2 hours from your area. I live out in the country. Well, I guess you can still call it that.
Babyangeleyez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 09:59 PM   #40
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyric View Post
Hello, Virginia!
Hi there Lyric! I am in Alexandria too. I think we may have met years ago....maybe at the Phase or maybe Dyke Night at the Eagle.

Either way, I sure would like to get together with local folks in the area once a month or every other month.

What do you think?