Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Thinking Harder

Old 09-30-2012, 05:23 PM   #1
macele

How Do You Identify?:
a bold-assed maximus
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 3,238 Times in 849 Posts
macele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputation
Default belonging

belonging.

do you have belonging in your life?

there's a general sense of, ... and much deeper thought, ... different types of belonging. can you add to the definition of belonging (unique maybe)?

examples of belonging. or do you feel something is missing?

whatever you all might like to share. doesn't have to be positve.

there are places, people, things that i feel this with, ... but i have a hard time with belonging, most often.

it feels so big. overwhelming sometimes. so much can be said, felt. for me, creative energy has a presence within belonging. i love the energy the word gives.
macele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:46 AM   #2
justanolecowboy

How Do You Identify?:
ftm
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
committed.

Thanked 1,957 Times in 458 Posts
justanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by macele View Post
belonging.

there's a general sense of, ... and much deeper thought, ... different types of belonging. can you add to the definition of belonging (unique maybe)?

there are places, people, things that i feel this with, ... but i have a hard time with belonging, most often.

it feels so big. overwhelming sometimes. so much can be said, felt. for me, creative energy has a presence within belonging. i love the energy the word gives.
“I celebrate myself, and sing myself, And what I assume you shall assume, For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you” - Walt Whitman

justanolecowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to justanolecowboy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2013, 10:22 AM   #3
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
belonging.

The thing with belonging, for me, is that the feeling doesn't last. I have moments in time of feeling like I belong to or with someone or to a greater purpose or that I am in the place that I am meant to be. But it doesn't last.

It's something that I need to recultivate within myself in one way or another.

When it's not there, there's a definite sense of loss and something missing.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2013, 09:08 PM   #4
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,260 Times in 1,363 Posts
deb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputation

I didn't grow up with a sense of belonging. I felt like an outsider. I was the odd person out in my family and school, bullied.

Today is different. I am still the odd one out with my family, BUT I have a wonderful group of friends and chosen family. I fit at work even! I work with tech geeks, so we are all the odd kids out growing up.
deb_U_taunt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to deb_U_taunt For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2013, 09:13 PM   #5
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

i've felt like an alien my whole life. Still do!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2013, 03:05 PM   #6
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

I think that what feels like belonging to one of us, or a group of us, may feel like something completely different to another. For some it is a joyous word because they have a great sense of belonging with and to family, while for others, like myself, it can be a very burdensome word because we/they do not have that connection...that bonding that helps to create a belonging.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2013, 06:23 PM   #7
macele

How Do You Identify?:
a bold-assed maximus
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 3,238 Times in 849 Posts
macele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputation

in the movie Field of Dreams, the players longed for a place to play even after death. they belonged on a field.

i can understand that. it's a place that i know without a doubt, i belong. for example, i can close my eyes and see grass from many different fields. there's a peace in that for me. the lights on. the smells. i like to go, just me, ... i feel a belonging. i feel in my being that i was born to revel in all of her sights and sounds. a gift.

i've seen dee's photos. so i know you were born belonging to a camera. you create via that belonging.
macele is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to macele For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2013, 06:28 PM   #8
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
in the movie Field of Dreams, the players longed for a place to play even after death. they belonged on a field.

i can understand that. it's a place that i know without a doubt, i belong. for example, i can close my eyes and see grass from many different fields. there's a peace in that for me. the lights on. the smells. i like to go, just me, ... i feel a belonging. i feel in my being that i was born to revel in all of her sights and sounds. a gift.

i've seen dee's photos. so i know you were born belonging to a camera. you create via that belonging.

wow. thank you. That is one place i feel most comfortable, within a nature backdrop though
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2013, 06:34 PM   #9
KCBUTCH

How Do You Identify?:
Undaunted QUEER Dom, Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
MYSELF, Syr, Hy, or friend prefered
Relationship Status:
Cautious, indifferent...

Thanked 3,305 Times in 884 Posts
KCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST Reputation

We are talking about this is my class- Where do we fit? How many cultures do we belong to?
Chosen BF family definitely a culture of belonging that I looked for all my life and am grateful to have found it...
I belong to myself first
I belong to the earth and to spirit
I belong to the present and the past. I belong to my path my creative choice
I belong to Love to LIFE
I belong to a 12 step program and that chosen family
I belong to my parents

I was lost most of my life trying to belong with people I thought were like me and never fit
Then I was still and found an amazing community and belonging with many people that I would have never dreamed were like me
We looked different, we were from different places, cities, cultures but I found WE FELT alike...and that was enough...
I found belonging from the inside rather than the outside and I found in the BF community
Old 02-24-2013, 06:35 PM   #10
KCBUTCH

How Do You Identify?:
Undaunted QUEER Dom, Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
MYSELF, Syr, Hy, or friend prefered
Relationship Status:
Cautious, indifferent...

Thanked 3,305 Times in 884 Posts
KCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
I dont really know you well but it seems you belong right here!
Besides aliens are awesome!!! HUGS
Old 02-24-2013, 09:15 PM   #11
Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Thanked 2,683 Times in 562 Posts
Girl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST Reputation

Belonging...hmmm...no. I never have felt like I truly "belonged" anywhere. I was always treated as an outsider, teenager, and young adult. It wasn't until I discovered what made me different that I could pretend to blend as it were. (I have Asperger's).

However, now that I know that I view the world differently from others, I am better able to explain myself and 'fit in'. Still, I don't let it define me. I'm always pushing against my limitations but I still know, no matter how good I am at 'faking it', on some energetic level I project my 'otherness'. People know. It's an instinctual thing. I can feel it when certain people look at me.

I still feel very much outside but I accept it now and even enjoy it. I realize now I never really needed to belong because I'm connected. We're all connected.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:25 PM   #12
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

I feel comfortable in most places, even if I don't know anyone there or it's a new, unfamiliar place.

But it's more rare to feel an affinity with people, in some deep way, and that's what I feel when I hang out with my old friends from the literacy community in NYC (which overlaps with the adult ed and immigrant rights communities); what I call my gentle, grey-haired communist friends. Their humanity is something I don't find in my work colleagues (god no), or even in the literary or poetry community, which thinks of itself as very liberal.

I would like to be part of a lesbian or butch-femme community but that just hasn't clicked for me in NYC though I do have a good femme friend. But I think of myself as belonging to the online community here.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:51 PM   #13
Bleu

How Do You Identify?:
Bleu

Thanked 2,700 Times in 733 Posts
Bleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCBUTCH View Post
I dont really know you well but it seems you belong right here!
Besides aliens are awesome!!! HUGS
Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
Aliens are awesome. I know. I'm from New Mexico.
Bleu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bleu For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2013, 11:56 PM   #14
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Belonging ..wow,this is something that I have been looking for a place to be,but that hasn't been possable for many years.I was the loner odd ball of my family....call it sins of the parrents to fall on an inocent kid well that was me untill I found a bond with horses.So I made that my lifes work till murphys law hit then it came to a crashing hault.The ajustment has made me realise how it is possable to live in a world doing the best you can even when there is no place that can fill the void that is left.Over the years I made a new career then picked up a new game called billiards wich I play on multiple teams to stay involved in and new people mostly straight.So life goes on and so do I as best as possable as we all do.Cheers yall.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2013, 12:23 AM   #15
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,125 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

Belonging ~ owns ~ protects ~ guides ~ loves ~ shares ~ teaches ~ sexual control ~

Belonging ~ is what I am to (( Hym )) ~

My family , we love eachother enough to give then the choice of freedom ~ their ownselves do not belong to me ~

My friends walk this earth w/ their own self pride ~ that also dont belong to me ~

Myself I share my soul, wisdom, devotion , that dont even belong to me ~