Old 08-22-2013, 06:26 PM   #81
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,558 Times in 2,992 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation

garbage fries
soft serve ice cream
deep fried cheese curds with delicious brown gravy
foot long hotdogs
corn dogs
eclairs
funnel cakes

i heard there is a person that makes soda in all kinds of different flavors. They say you can buy the first glass and then bring it back for refills at a more cost effective price. i can't wait to find this person!!!
Old 08-22-2013, 06:51 PM   #82
macele

How Do You Identify?:
a bold-assed maximus
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 3,238 Times in 849 Posts
macele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputation

it is that time of year! well in a month of so, here.

caramel apple w/ nuts
candied apple
taffy
cotton candy
lemonade
corndog

the corndog and lemonade, ... i eat at the fair. the rest, i take home with me.

i went to the fair one year and i intentionally ate everything DOG. a corndog. sausage dog. chili dog. pulled pork dog. if it was a dog, i bought it. that was back before the heart attack LOL. o my, let the good times roll.
macele is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to macele For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2013, 07:51 PM   #83
Licious

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,974 Times in 546 Posts
Licious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST Reputation

Most of it does nothing for me, but I do sometimes like caramel apples or Cotton Candy. Cotton Candy fascinates me, I love watching it made.

Don’t be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth.

~Rumi

Licious is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Licious For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2013, 11:53 AM   #84
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,561 Times in 10,218 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

I get caught up in the smells and then can't decide.

Funnel cake w/o the strawberry stuff
Fresh cotton candy made right before my eyes

And I love all the samples

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2013, 03:47 PM   #85
Happyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Thanked 5,011 Times in 1,508 Posts
Happyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl View Post
I used to loveee the baked potatoes at the Big E....but after waiting in line for a Brazilian years, I found the toppings were scant... and the potato not so big...or delish

This year, I will have the cream puff which is legendary...fried dough w/ cinnamon and sugar....and I will attempt to try something deep fried, either Oreo or Twinkie...or Snickers...? OH...and the hand cut French fries from Jack's. That is my dad's legacy I'm sure there will be other things.....I'm going more than once this year...

http://www.thebige.com/fair/activities/Food.asp

I love the Big E I go every year and usually more than once. Last year I had a London Broil sandwich which was good. Then for dessert a cream puff and an eclair. I tried a bite of blueberry pie which was in one of the state buildings and that was good too. Good thing I walk around the whole time after eating all that food. I know exactly what you mean about the baked potatoes. The fries at Jack's are awesome I will probably have those this year too.
Happyfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Happyfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2013, 03:58 PM   #86
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,543 Times in 4,141 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

I like going with a group of friends or family that way you get a bite of just about everything. I love the pineapple whips my fav I think. Corn on the cob no butter. I loved the grilled chicken on a stick. BBQ grilled pork sirloin sandwiches. Funnel cake. Grilled italian sausage. Corn dog.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:26 PM   #87
grenade

How Do You Identify?:
Full Flavor Femme

Thanked 8,062 Times in 2,121 Posts
grenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputation

funnel cake with powdered sugar. We had some recently.
grenade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to grenade For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2015, 09:40 PM   #88
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,399 Times in 6,872 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Hand cut fries with salt n vinegar

Cotton candy

Fried dough with cinnamon n sugar

Candy apples once in a while...
Old 01-09-2015, 10:47 PM   #89
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

the fudge they make at the fair that comes here in October
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2015, 10:57 PM   #90
Cailin

How Do You Identify?:
Female.. and it's pronounced "cah-leen", not cay-lin
Preferred Pronoun?:
You
Relationship Status:
In one

Thanked 2,630 Times in 739 Posts
Cailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST Reputation

Wow... I have no idea. I dont think ive ever had carnival food.. i need to fix that
Old 01-10-2015, 04:04 AM   #91
Daniela

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 5,242 Times in 1,243 Posts
Daniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST Reputation

Definitely funnel cake with powdered sugar!
Daniela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Daniela For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2015, 04:39 AM   #92
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Fried alligator on a stick
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2015, 04:51 AM   #93
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,401 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Fisk's fries with malt vinegar
Footlong corn dog
Caramel apple with nuts

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2015, 05:50 AM   #94
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
She is the gamer girl to my gamer boy

Thanked 1,744 Times in 513 Posts
Logicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST Reputation

Garlic fries and funnel cake! Mmmm I need to find a carnival now.
Logicaly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Logicaly For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2015, 11:37 AM   #95
Venus007

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Serene Highness ;}
Relationship Status:
Dreamily contemplating some outrage against conventional morality

Thanked 4,768 Times in 1,144 Posts
Venus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST Reputation

Fresh squeezed lemonade
Elephant ears with cinnamon and butter
Shoestring fries with malt vinegar and salt
Sausage with green peppers and onion

"So you'll die happily for your sins. You'd rather die in guilt then live in love?" Timothy Leary
Venus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Venus007 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2015, 01:19 PM   #96
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,138 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

I worked carnivals when I was a kid...
so, elephant ears, lemonade shake ups, corn dogs and cotton candy, not necessarily in the order I wrote them.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2015, 01:34 PM   #97
EnchantedNightDweller

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her, she
Relationship Status:
Being single is a good thing and I like it.

Thanked 2,462 Times in 803 Posts
EnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST Reputation

Roasted corn on the cob! Mmmmm
EnchantedNightDweller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EnchantedNightDweller For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2015, 03:19 PM   #98
torchiegirl

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Thanked 1,605 Times in 545 Posts
torchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputation

torchiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to torchiegirl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2015, 03:30 PM   #99
torchiegirl

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Thanked 1,605 Times in 545 Posts
torchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputation

torchiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to torchiegirl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2015, 05:10 PM   #100
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,618 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

I grew up in an area heavily populated with Portuguese people, so fairs and festivals (many religious in nature) always consisted of lots of traditional Portuguese food.
For 15 cents you could get a cup of tramousses. Love that stuff. Or a container of favas.

Chourico or linguica sandwiches were always available at any fair or festival in the area.

Malasadas are my favorite, my grandmother made these for Easter, but you could always get them during fairs and festivals. To the untrained eye they may resemble fried dough but let me assure you they are not. They are DEEP fried dough and that makes all the difference. While it usually has to be Easter or a festival to get them, malasadas are always available at the Portuguese Bakery on Commercial St. in Provincetown, which is a little bit like being at a fair or on Sunday morning at Tony's Bakery in Fall River.

Hard to get this stuff in Montreal even though there is a Portuguese section that has some delicious food. Just not the same food I grew up with. For example the natas here are awesome. And the peri peri chicken fabulous. No chourico or linguica though but you can buy chorizo, which to my mouth is not really the same, but good.

Oh and another rather unique and quite delicious treat you could always get at fairs or festivals where I grew up is the oft misunderstood chow mein sandwhich.

I may have digressed a tad here and there. Sorry about that.

Damn, I'm really hungry and I'm sort of specifically hungry which is harder to feed than just plain hungry.
Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post: