Notices

Old 01-01-2012, 03:38 PM   #8021
Butterbean

How Do You Identify?:
----
Preferred Pronoun?:
----

Thanked 2,220 Times in 772 Posts
Butterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

The most dangerous untruths are truths moderately distorted.

~Georg Christoph Lichtenberg
Butterbean is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Butterbean For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2012, 06:03 PM   #8022
Truly Scrumptious

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
She's my mirror twin, my next of kin

2 Highscores

Thanked 1,855 Times in 564 Posts
Truly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST Reputation
Default Anxiety

"Anxiety is secretive. He does not trust anyone, not even his friends, Worry, Terror, Doubt, and Panic. He has a way of glombing onto your skin like smog, and then you feel unclean. He likes to visit me late at night when I am alone and exhausted. I have never slept with him, but he kissed me on the forehead once, and I had a headache for two years. He is sure a nuisance to get out of the house. He has no respect for locks or curtains or doors. It takes cunning to get rid of him, a combination of anger, humor, and self-respect. A bath helps too. He does not like to get wet. As a last resort, if you are not near a bathtub, wet your face with tears."

~ J. Ruth Gendler
Truly Scrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Truly Scrumptious For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2012, 06:26 AM   #8023
Ms. Meander

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Relationship Status:
Ethical Nonmonogamist

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,150 Posts
Ms. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST Reputation

For better or worse, I've always tried to march to my own drum and tell it like it is, while preserving some integrity and style. God, I'm fabulous!
Michael Musto
My wish for you is that you continue. Continue to be who and how you are, to astonish a mean world with your acts of kindness. Continue to allow humor to lighten the burden of your tender heart. - Maya Angelou
Ms. Meander is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ms. Meander For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2012, 09:39 AM   #8024
Janstevie

How Do You Identify?:
Soft Butch
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,334 Times in 415 Posts
Janstevie Has the BEST ReputationJanstevie Has the BEST ReputationJanstevie Has the BEST ReputationJanstevie Has the BEST ReputationJanstevie Has the BEST ReputationJanstevie Has the BEST ReputationJanstevie Has the BEST ReputationJanstevie Has the BEST ReputationJanstevie Has the BEST ReputationJanstevie Has the BEST ReputationJanstevie Has the BEST Reputation

Whoever says money can't buy you happiness does'nt know where to shop.
Janstevie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Janstevie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2012, 11:16 AM   #8025
SoNotHer

How Do You Identify?:
Professional Sandbagger and Jenga Zumba Instructor

Location: In the master control room of my world domination dreams
Thanked 4,736 Times in 1,409 Posts
SoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST Reputation

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." ~ Anais Nin
SoNotHer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SoNotHer For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2012, 11:35 AM   #8026
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 7,640 Times in 1,657 Posts
VintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quoting text from today's blog entry at tinybuddha.com ... Create Solutions, Not Resolutions:
My “solution” for letting go comes in daily reminding myself of the process. I do that using this morning affirmation for self-love:
Today, I accept myself just the way I am.
Today, I accept my body the way it is.
Today, I accept my mind the way it is.
Today, I accept my heart the way it is.
Today, the love I have for myself is so strong that I embrace all that is me.
Self-love transforms my life from fear to joy and guides me to make healthy choices.
Today, I share time with others and easily forgive any injustice I feel in my mind.
Today, all of my relationships are based on respect, love, and joy.
Today, I allow the divine wisdom in me to direct all my thoughts, words, and deeds.
Today, I allow divine love to give me the peace and joy.
Today, I remember I am one with all life, and I give thanks for being me.

Old 01-02-2012, 12:31 PM   #8027
Butterbean

How Do You Identify?:
----
Preferred Pronoun?:
----

Butterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

She's the kind of girl who climbed the ladder of success wrong by wrong.

~Mae West
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Butterbean For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2012, 09:56 PM   #8028
MissItalianDiva

How Do You Identify?:
Miss Twiggy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious and that shit doesn't sound atrocious!
Relationship Status:
divorce happens..all that glitters ain't gold

Thanked 7,161 Times in 1,793 Posts
MissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST Reputation

Being in love takes your breath away, while being loveless makes it difficult to breathe. Love can give us strength. It also makes us weak in the knees. In order to experience the full spectrum of love, we must be available to receive; willing to lose; committed to stay; and open to know the truth about ourselves and love. We must live authentically; develop slowly; change radically and, under all circumstances, we must be non-judgmental about the lessons and opportunities to heal and grow that love may offer.

~Iyanla Vanzant
MissItalianDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MissItalianDiva For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 10:42 AM   #8029
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,131 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

I dreamt that my hair was kempt. Then I dreamt that my true love unkempt it. -Ogden Nash, poet (1902-1971)
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 01:02 PM   #8030
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Thanked 32,012 Times in 9,950 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Thorns and stings
And those such things
Just make stronger
Our angel wings.

~Terri Guillemets

Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 03:08 PM   #8031
Butterbean

How Do You Identify?:
----
Preferred Pronoun?:
----

Member Photo Albums

To find the universal elements enough; to find the air and the water exhilarating; to be refreshed by a morning walk or an evening saunter... to be thrilled by the stars at night; to be elated over a bird's nest or a wildflower in spring - these are some of the rewards of the simple life.

~John Burroughs
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Butterbean For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 03:26 PM   #8032
Truly Scrumptious

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

2 Highscores

Truly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST Reputation

Someday, after mastering the winds, the waves, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love, and then, for a second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.

~Teilhard de Chardin
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Truly Scrumptious For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 03:37 PM   #8033
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation
Default one of the best short story writers living today

The complexity of things - the things within things - just seems to be endless. I mean nothing is easy, nothing is simple.

--Alice Munro
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 03:39 PM   #8034
SoNotHer

How Do You Identify?:
Professional Sandbagger and Jenga Zumba Instructor

Location: In the master control room of my world domination dreams
Thanked 4,736 Times in 1,409 Posts
SoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST Reputation

Following in the flow of Truly's beautiful quote and in honor of Mr. Tolkien's birthday today, I offer this.

“For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”

― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
SoNotHer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SoNotHer For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 04:38 PM   #8035
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
BBW. Unique femininity that does not encompass the western paradigm.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:
Single, Happy, not Desparate or Looking, but Open to Possibilities...

Thanked 6,035 Times in 1,617 Posts
1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation

Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. (Howard Thurman)

1QuirkyKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to 1QuirkyKiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2012, 11:29 AM   #8036
Butterbean

How Do You Identify?:
----
Preferred Pronoun?:
----

Member Photo Albums

Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue, a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky.

~Rainer Maria Rilke
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Butterbean For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2012, 12:49 PM   #8037
Janstevie

How Do You Identify?:
Soft Butch
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,334 Times in 415 Posts
Janstevie Has the BEST ReputationJanstevie Has the BEST ReputationJanstevie Has the BEST ReputationJanstevie Has the BEST ReputationJanstevie Has the BEST ReputationJanstevie Has the BEST ReputationJanstevie Has the BEST ReputationJanstevie Has the BEST ReputationJanstevie Has the BEST ReputationJanstevie Has the BEST ReputationJanstevie Has the BEST Reputation

The closest to perfection a person ever comes is when they fill out a job application form.
Janstevie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Janstevie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2012, 01:12 PM   #8038
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow Jane Austen

"Seldom, very seldom, does complete truth belong to any human disclosure; seldom can it happen that something is not a little disguised or a little mistaken.”
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2012, 02:25 PM   #8039
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Thanked 32,012 Times in 9,950 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Tell me, if I caught you one day
and kissed the sole of your foot,
wouldn't you limp a little then,
afraid to crush my kiss?

-Nichita Stănescu-
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2012, 05:16 PM   #8040
Truly Scrumptious

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

2 Highscores

"Seven to eleven is a huge chunk of life, full of dulling and forgetting. It is fabled that we slowly lose the gift of speech with animals, that birds no longer visit our windowsills to converse. As our eyes grow accustomed to sight they armour themselves against wonder."

~ Leonard Cohen
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Truly Scrumptious For This Useful Post:

Tags
poems, quotes, sayings