Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 10-28-2011, 02:16 PM   #941
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Whoa- what a game that was last night! I swear, this WS is just one of the most exciting I have ever watched! Then there was all the defense errors to boot!! Plus, 3 times it was tied and the Cards come back and win!!

I have no idea about who will take it tonight- both teams are very determined. I have to lean toward the NL because that is my league, but, damn, Texas is showing such heart out there and it would be the first WS win for them.

No matter who wins, I am going to be happy for them. It will be a well-earned championship.

UGH, getting ready for my usual off-season slump after the WS concludes. Always a hard 6 months for me. Then again, there will be all the off season talk of who will play where and all.

Would love to see Pujols hit another homer or two. The Cards fans will miss him if he goes to another team next season.

Oh- and the Rangers catcher(Molina) is one fine ball player- he throws a hella ball to catch base runners!!!
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2011, 02:21 PM   #942
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

Wow what an awesome game last night! If I was a Ranger fan I'd be ticked off. But I like them both and don't really care who wins since my Phillies are not in it. I stayed up way too late last night, but it was worth it! I think St. Louis has shifted fate in their direction. We shall see tonight. I will say both teams have superior managers!
Old 10-28-2011, 02:29 PM   #943
anotherbutch

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single and very content this way...

Thanked 1,300 Times in 367 Posts
anotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputation

That was the most exciting baseball game I've watched... I'm a loyal Cardinals fan so I am a happy camper... just hope we can get it done tonight!!
anotherbutch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to anotherbutch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2011, 07:16 PM   #944
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

I'm sure this isn't true because the size of the conspiracy would be too large to keep under wraps. But doesn't it seem like they purposely lose to make it a 7 game series? More money for both teams etc. Think of all the ticket sales and consession stand profits they would lose out on if it was over in 4 games. Watching some of the errors just seems like they did it on purpose. Like they would have made that catch or stopped that ground ball in a regular season game. And how many errors do you see in a regular season? Like 1 a game. Now it's 8 or 9 a game. hahaha Watching some of them strike out, just seems like he didn't even try to swing or he didnt even start to swing until the ball was past him. Just strange to me. These are the 2 best teams in basball and all of a sudden they can't catch a fly ball that isn't that far away from them. They have countless errors, or a no brainer easy tag out and their foot completely misses the bag. Anybody else think it seems strange?
Old 10-28-2011, 09:40 PM   #945
Starbuck

How Do You Identify?:
Soft Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 2,148 Times in 756 Posts
Starbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST Reputation
Talking Way to go Cards!

OMG! How did that happen?! The Rangers were up by a two quick runs, then next thing you know, Cardinals tie it up, then NEVER LOOKED BACK. Of course the Texas pitcher was so abysmal I think a toddler could have hit off him, and I'm a Rangers fan, I can say that!

I'm sad that the Rangers lost but I partly blame the manager, Ron Washington, for leaving that starting pitcher in for so long! But kudos to the Cardinals, they did an outstanding job! And kudos to Chris Carpenter, who pitched on short rest.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Starbuck For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2011, 09:52 PM   #946
Oiler41

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Happily Single!

Thanked 2,574 Times in 790 Posts
Oiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST Reputation

How about those Cardinals!!!!!!

I just hope the the Cardinals do everything they can to keep Pujols!

Series #11,,,WAY TO GO ST. LOUIS!!!!

Glynn
Oiler41 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Oiler41 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2011, 09:54 PM   #947
Scuba

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Flying Solo

Thanked 8,048 Times in 1,618 Posts
Scuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST Reputation

Didn't see this coming! LOL Way to go Cardinals!!
Scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Scuba For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2011, 09:57 PM   #948
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,661 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Amazing. Carpenter struggled early, but settled down and did a tremendous job on short rest. Freese and Craig were awesome. Freese as the MVP was well deserved.

This was an awesome series. The Cardinals were an unexpected participant and they took full advantage of every opportunity to get themselves to this point. What an amazing group of men.

Texas did well but came up short. It was a heartbreaker cuz they did so well for so long. It is a great team. Just came up against a very determined, never say die team.

Wonderful series. Congrats to St. Louis and their fans.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2011, 06:33 AM   #949
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

WOW!!

I kept thinking Texas was going to come back with mega bats- they so have that ability. I'm happy for the Cards, but admit, it would have been great for Texas to get their first WS. And Washington was so fun to watch- obvious his guys love to play for him.

This was a great WS- that is for sure! I love it when it goes 7 games. tension thick, fans going nuts on every pitch. And Freese was so much fun to watch out there.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Pujols. I can't imagine him in another uniforn, but that would be baseball. Cardinal fans will be sick over it if he plays somewhere else, though.

This was fun here in the thread! Can't wait for March and next season. Ya'all come back now!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2011, 07:32 AM   #950
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,661 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Hopefully baseball fans will stick around the thread. There is more ball to go.

Free agents can declare on Sunday. Then the bidding wars or lack thereof begin.

I am expecting a lot of player movement this off season as teams look to dump unproductive contracts, structure new ones with incentives rather than guarantees, and new general managers look to stretch their budgets.

Give the lack of production from last years big contract players i.e. Crawford, Werth, Dunn etc, I am expecting a different approach this year. Pitching is at a premium, so are catchers.

And the baseball meetings are in December as well.

So, dont go too far!

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2011, 07:40 AM   #951
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

Hopefully baseball fans will stick around the thread. There is more ball to go.

Free agents can declare on Sunday. Then the bidding wars or lack thereof begin.

I am expecting a lot of player movement this off season as teams look to dump unproductive contracts, structure new ones with incentives rather than guarantees, and new general managers look to stretch their budgets.

Give the lack of production from last years big contract players i.e. Crawford, Werth, Dunn etc, I am expecting a different approach this year. Pitching is at a premium, so are catchers.

And the baseball meetings are in December as well.

So, dont go too far!

YUP! I am always listening for news about my Giants! I get all crazy about what happens during the off-season. plus, all the players coming up in winter leagues in team systems.

BASEBALL!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2011, 07:45 AM   #952
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

Some statements were made with lower pay roll teams and I think baseball may finally come into alignment with these out of proportion salaries.

The Tigers and the Indians were very successful to name two. The Pirates
had a far better year than a year ago. (with lower payrolls)

I'm excited to see what the offseason will bring.

Congratulations to both the Rangers and the Cardnials. Too bad one had to
called a looser. They were not loosers.
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2011, 07:51 AM   #953
macele

How Do You Identify?:
a bold-assed maximus
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 3,238 Times in 849 Posts
macele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputation

one of the tv announcers said last night that he believes in destiny now, ...
for the cardinals. sure felt that way huh.

rafael furcal, he hit the ball!! lol moving him down in the lineup worked. what a arm! what a shortstop! i think he channeled ozzie smith. i bet he thought of ozzie alot. furcal and nick punto worked magic together.

lance berkman was a game changer for the cards. i'm glad they picked him up. i followed him as an astro. i like to listen to him talk lol.

i'm glad pujols was part of this, ... a world series ring. he reminds me of cal ripken. he is good for the game. maybe he'll stay in a cardinal uniform always.

david freese and chris carpenter showed what it means to step up, big time!

one player doesn't win a game or lose a game. to all the cardinals and the rangers, i truly felt the spirit of the game. thank you.

thank you all for the enjoyment. thank you, atlast ,for your love of the game, ... starting the thread.

(it's womens college basketball time for me. tennessee lady vols fan. season starts nov. 1. go lady vols! lol)
macele is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to macele For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2011, 08:11 AM   #954
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow band View Post
Some statements were made with lower pay roll teams and I think baseball may finally come into alignment with these out of proportion salaries.

The Tigers and the Indians were very successful to name two. The Pirates
had a far better year than a year ago. (with lower payrolls)

I'm excited to see what the offseason will bring.

Congratulations to both the Rangers and the Cardnials. Too bad one had to
called a looser. They were not loosers.
I know, I felt for the Rangers! I like Washington a lot and Nolan Ryan (although he could stop asking "W" to games). It had to hurt to lose the WS two times in two seasons!

I think both the Pirates and the Togers will be back with a roar- the D-Backs, too. I am keeping close tabs on my Giants and some of the guys ZI hope become starters like Crawford at Short. But, Fontenot is quite good and still under contract. I am hoping Freddie Sanchez is back at the start of training camp along with Buster Posey.

Geez, Posey has been making big strides in recovering, but he had a hell of an injury and I don't know about him catching again. He is such a good athlete, I bet he finds his way back, though.

We have got to get some strong and consistent bats going. The bullpen cannot have the kind of pressure on it that it did this past season. Those guys were terrified to throw one off pitch.

OK, now, I am going to go to the opener here in SF- and it is vs. the Pirates!!! You know, you and your partner need a vacation and what better place than the SF Bay Area in Spring!!! You two can stay in my RV and we can take BART over to SF to the games. See, way inexpensive!! Just planting an idea.... you can always rent a kayak for McCovy Cove. 'Course, I'm sitting in the stands, but I'll throw you both some lunch out there!!!

WOW, it would be way kewl if some of us from the thread could somehow meet at a game or two next season!! If my finances get better, who knows! And yes, if any of you are going to be in CA and in the Bay Area, I can set up your own little "cottage" in my drive-way and would love to go take in a game with ya'all!! Plus, hey, a night in the Castro!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2011, 08:56 AM   #955
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Boys of October gave us a good one

The Cardinals and Rangers brought back the excitement that a World Series is all about. The nailbiter's in the last innings. The surprises from those you hoped could do it. The hard work and organization of team spirit.

The roar of the crowd, coming together fans in Red and Blue to cheer on their champions. They Cards running out at the end to maul each other.. The fireworks, confettie~~Yeah, it was all good.

That Freeeseeese MVP Corvette was nice too. Hope Pujols stays right there too.

Last edited by Tommi; 10-29-2011 at 09:00 AM.
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2011, 09:42 AM   #956
macele

How Do You Identify?:
a bold-assed maximus
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

macele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputation

yahoo sports always has great photos, ...
espn's are a better grade, but yahoo gives you way more.

http://sports.yahoo.com/photos/world...045258169.html
The Following User Says Thank You to macele For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2011, 01:52 PM   #957
macele

How Do You Identify?:
a bold-assed maximus
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

if you have directv, ...
on the mlb channel, showing the world series again lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to macele For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2011, 02:40 PM   #958
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post

The Cardinals and Rangers brought back the excitement that a World Series is all about. The nailbiter's in the last innings. The surprises from those you hoped could do it. The hard work and organization of team spirit.

The roar of the crowd, coming together fans in Red and Blue to cheer on their champions. They Cards running out at the end to maul each other.. The fireworks, confettie~~Yeah, it was all good.

That Freeeseeese MVP Corvette was nice too. Hope Pujols stays right there too.
They sure did!!
Old 10-31-2011, 09:48 PM   #959
macele

How Do You Identify?:
a bold-assed maximus
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

how about that, ... tony la russa retires.

i don't know. seems strange thinking about baseball without him.
there has to be alot of emotions going on for him.

when a player, always a player. and when a coach, always a coach.
a difficult transition.

i wish him well! more life to come.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to macele For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2011, 10:23 PM   #960
Starbuck

How Do You Identify?:
Soft Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 2,148 Times in 756 Posts
Starbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by macele View Post
how about that, ... tony la russa retires.

i don't know. seems strange thinking about baseball without him.
there has to be alot of emotions going on for him.

when a player, always a player. and when a coach, always a coach.
a difficult transition.

i wish him well! more life to come.
I wonder if he'll do what other retired managers and players do, and that's become a baseball consultant for ESPN....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Starbuck For This Useful Post: