Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 08-09-2015, 08:23 AM   #2661
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I had a good workout this morning.

E21, random program, level 5
Stats: 138 cal, 1.21 mi, 15:00 min

Upper body training. I did 2 sets, one at 12 reps and one at 10 reps. I paid more attention to my abs today and finished with a good stretch session, although I did tweak my neck just a tiny bit while stretching my back and hips.

Some days it feels like I can't win for losing.

Oh, I have a nasty bruise on my arm from a moment of idiocity (my word) on my part yesterday.

Again.....I can't win.....

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2015, 06:27 PM   #2662
cricket26

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
must be love on the brain

Thanked 4,249 Times in 1,297 Posts
cricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputation
Default day 29 and 30 done!

previous post was days 27 and 28...

i am done! woo hoo! i have to say it was hard to stick with it but it was enjoyable once i got "on the mat"

i recommend this video series to anyone looking for non strenuous exercise due to health or injury...it is easily modified to various ability levels...pretty much anyone can do it....

the last video is a great every day work out for mind and body...and she doesnt talk! at all! (i complained thru the whole thing that she talks too much)

i will continue but probably not every day

cricket26 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cricket26 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2015, 06:53 AM   #2663
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quick workout this morning, exercisers.

I did 15 minutes on the recumbent bike, lower body weight training (1x12), abs, 10 minutes on the elliptical and then I stretched.

Stats:
B6, manual program, level 5
79 cal, 2.81 mi
E21, random program, level 4
90 cal, .75 mi

All in all, it was the tiniest of smidges over one hour.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2015, 03:56 PM   #2664
Smiling

How Do You Identify?:
with a distinct flair

Thanked 4,382 Times in 1,009 Posts
Smiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST Reputation
Default May I join your online exercise club, please?

I have started to take a short walk every day at lunch whenever possible. Today, I did two laps around the campus. After work, I walked to the gym (because it feels a little bit silly to me to drive the three or four blocks to the gym to work out, lol).

I worked out on the elliptical for about 30 minutes on random because if I leave it on manual, I won't push myself, lol. I know me!

Then I walked home. All in all, not bad considering I'm just getting back into it - but once I have cemented the habit, I anticipate spending more time there. Right now, my extremities feel a little bit jello-ish, lol. It's a good feeling.

I am looking on Amazon to get one of those balls to sit on at my desk.

Last edited by Smiling; 08-13-2015 at 03:57 PM. Reason: ETA: I find all of your posts very inspiring so that's why I want to join the club, lol.
Smiling is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Smiling For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2015, 06:13 PM   #2665
randrum

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Just call me G
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 3,063 Times in 668 Posts
randrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputation

Had PT for my shoulder on Monday and Wednesday; I've refer to it as my torture time.

Then Tuesday and today I did 30 minutes on the recumbent bike. Plus the home version of shoulder torture.

The shoulder stuff hurts... a lot. And the bike is boring.
Old 08-14-2015, 08:53 PM   #2666
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Last Thursday (not yesterday) I went to the gym and did 45 minutes on the stairmaster and 15 minutes floor work. Today I went to the park and stayed about 3 hours but only counted it as an hour of walking because there was much meandering and taking of photos and the like. I have off until September 1st so I am looking forward to lots of time on this thread

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2015, 08:55 PM   #2667
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

For the past year my struggle has been with consistency i.e. exercising regularly. Gemme, Kelt, anyone else who is consistent day after day, year after year, any secrets to share?

How do I... ?
Old 08-14-2015, 09:54 PM   #2668
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
For the past year my struggle has been with consistency i.e. exercising regularly. Gemme, Kelt, anyone else who is consistent day after day, year after year, any secrets to share?
I'm in the same boat my friend.

This last year has been tough for me too. A cross-country move, four months of medical shenanigans, and now the last six months of trying to live in two states has really whacked my routine. This isn't an excuse, but for me it's really hard to be consistent in my routines if I am not comfortable with my location or choice of activities.

For me and 9/10 of the battle is just plain showing up even if it is inconvenient or uncomfortable. I'm going home in a couple of days, and vowling to pick up where I left off. Wanna make a pact?
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2015, 06:04 AM   #2669
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
I'm more of the consistent every 2-3 days at this point but I think that that will change again. Previously, when I was at the gym every day it wasn't because I wanted to be. It was as a band aid for my hip and sciatica issue. Unfortunately, it seems to be resurfacing so it's likely that you will again see daily or near daily workout logs from me.

Motivation. It's as simple as that. If you want something bad enough, you will do whatever it takes to achieve it. For me...dealing with this hip thing of mine...the motivation is the avoidance or minimization of pain. For others, it could be better health or a better mental outlook or fitting into long abandoned jeans and I do also achieve those things when I'm more consistent, but that's not my primary reason for dragging myself out of bed at 4:30 or 5am every morning when I do. I just don't like pain and being woken several times during the night from invisible stabbing knives and then not being able to get back to sleep for a while, as I was last night. I find that irritating. So I avoid it if at all possible. I guess you could say that avoidance is my key.

I'm just thankful that it's not the combo again. The sciatica has remained in remission, for lack of a better word. But I'm going to have to do something about my hip. I still do my PT exercises and stretching when I work out every 3 days or so but I'm going to rev that up to doing them every day. It doesn't take long. About 10 minutes for a decent session. Maybe I'll give one of the yoga videos on my TV a try too and see if doing those things has a positive effect on my hip.

I wish I had better advice, J girl. When I found myself doing Lamaze breathing and having to mentally prepare myself to roll over to get out of bed this morning, I realized that I've got more work ahead of me. I still haven't finished paying off the last round with this thing, for cripe's sake!

cricket's been doing great with her yoga series. Maybe she has better tips?

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 08-15-2015, 11:03 AM   #2670
~SweetCheeks~

How Do You Identify?:
femme-babygirl-brat
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Justin's babygirl

Thanked 3,254 Times in 646 Posts
~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation

Woke up with the urge to work out so, I did a couple workout videos and then some stretching and later will go on another hike. Feels good to want to exercise, now I just hope this continues.
~SweetCheeks~ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ~SweetCheeks~ For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2015, 02:38 PM   #2671
cricket26

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
must be love on the brain

Thanked 4,249 Times in 1,297 Posts
cricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputation

i normally walk the perimeter of my work building at least 4 times a day....which i am told is equivalent to a mile....it has been so hot i am down to one lap a day in the morning when it is cool....

nyc i have done this every day for 10 years ....i have to do it at the same time every day....and make it a part of my day...otherwise i find i wont exercise at all....

i dont put my laps at work in here because it is only a mile...but i thought my routine might be helpful for others

cricket26 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cricket26 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2015, 06:08 PM   #2672
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I'm going to switch things up tomorrow.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2015, 06:44 PM   #2673
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Today I went to the gym and did 40 minutes of intervals on the stair master and then 50 minutes of floor work (weights, abs, legs, yoga, stretching).

It's always much harder to get myself to go to the gym than it is to go outside, but I think ideally it's good to mix it up when that's available.

How do I... ?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2015, 05:15 PM   #2674
randrum

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Just call me G
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 3,063 Times in 668 Posts
randrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I struggle with the same problem. Especially after a vacation or like now, when I'm injured. I agree with Kelt though, half the battle is just showing up.

I also found time of day makes a difference. I'm more inclined to make my work out in the morning than after a day of work when I'm tired and just want to go home.
Old 08-16-2015, 06:20 PM   #2675
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Well, I shook things up all right.

I didn't work out and since I just took my evening shower, it's not likely to happen now either.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2015, 06:58 PM   #2676
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Well, I shook things up all right.

I didn't work out and since I just took my evening shower, it's not likely to happen now either.

Just call it a 'planned recovery day' and it'll look like it was on purpose!
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2015, 10:10 PM   #2677
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
Just call it a 'planned recovery day' and it'll look like it was on purpose!
Ha!

I need one of those on a regular basis. About 2.5-3 weeks or so ago, I fell and twisted my left foot. All the muscles from the top of the foot, across the outside, to the heel and partially underneath the foot were pulled enough that it was excruciating to put weight on it for a couple of days. Yes, I RICE'd it. No, I haven't been to the doctor yet. But I will since it's still a bit tender to the touch.

This past week I had an incident, shall we call it, with a piece of work machinery and the bruise from that is just now starting to heal. I got some weird looks when I went out because it first looked like a Nike swoosh and then the bottom of the swoosh broke out and spread and then it looked like someone punched the Hell out of me. I got a lot of concerned looks from customers and gym patrons so I've had to wear longer sleeved shirts to keep the noseys away.

I have always been a little hard on myself, accidentally, but it's definitely getting worse. Jeebus, I really am getting old.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 08-17-2015, 05:28 PM   #2678
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Yesterday, 1 hour walk in the park with a friend on the Highline (an old aboveground railroad track turned into an urban park, railroad style).

Today, 50 minutes on the stair master (intervals, Levels 2/6), followed by 40 minutes of floor work: abs, weight lifting, yoga, and stretching.

How do I... ?
Old 08-18-2015, 08:17 AM   #2679
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Early morning workout. I'm going back to doing more of them to keep my hip in line.

E21, random program, levels 5/4/3
Stats: 265 cal, 2.15 mi, 30:00 min

This was very difficult for me today. Not sure if it was because of the hour, because I needed/wanted more sleep, the time between this and the last workout or what, but cardio felt very hard this morning. My right leg was tight. Like bowstring tight. So I dropped from level 5 to level 4 and that helped some but it was still really hard and it was hot in there and I couldn't feel anything from the fans and I was getting pissed, so I dropped it down again to level 3 and things got better.

Upper body weight training. 2 sets with 12 reps at decent but not maximum weight, except for a couple machines because I just felt like it on them.

I got in a little more of an ab workout than usual so I'm sure I'll feel it later and I stretched a bit more than usual since I started the day out so gnarled and tight.

I hated getting up early again to do this but by doing so, I allowed myself to take my time. I finished up at the gym, stopped at the grocery store and was still home by 8:15.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2015, 05:26 PM   #2680
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Yesterday I did a one-hour walk on the Highline with a 69-year-old friend. He was fast. So much for age stereotypes. I asked him what he does to stay fit, and he said he swims every day.

Today I had a walking friend cancel on me. I knew she was in the unreliable category.

I ended up going to the gym and did 1 hr and 35 minutes on the stair master. It was because I was watching the MTV show Catfish. For the first 50 minutes or so, the workout was intense- sometimes the same level is moderate for me but today it was intense (Intervals, Level 2 and Level 6). For the last 40 minutes I did a decline: Level 4, 3, 2, and 1. Even the level 1 gave me a light to moderate work-out because my heart rate was so elevated from the intense part of the work-out. Then I did 55 minutes of floor work: arm and leg weights, abs, yoga, and stretching. I will sleep so nice tonight!

How do I... ?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights